Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Greedy for Gain

Author Topic: Greedy for Gain
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I study regarding the Northern Kingdom, I am facinated by the resemblence of their history and that of the professing church. I often feel like "if you want to see where we are headed, look at where they have been." Jeremiah and Isaiah watched Israel and later Judah fall into apostasy. You can hear their pain for their nation as you read each of their writings. How sad it is to be so helpless to be heard.

This chapter warns of the coming destruction that is prophesied upon Jerusalem... Repent repent repent.... but they do not hear.

Why or why can we not learn from their fall? So much of the OT history is today made to be something that does not apply to us... "we are the church!" they proclaim... but Solomon said there is nothing new underneath the sun,and I believe that this applies to what we see happening in the apostate church today.

Mt 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the least to the greatest, all are greedy for gain; prophets and priests alike, all practice deceit.

They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. ‘Peace, peace,’ they say, when there is no peace. Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when I punish them,” says the LORD.

Jeremiah 6:13-15 (NIV)

Sounds so much like many of the churches today. Their theme song is "It's all about me!"

Sad but I believe we will also answer for our loathsome conduct!

::::::::::::::::::::::::

When anyone is right with God, there is the fascination of the power and Spirit of God through them that is attractive; it is a beautiful, a fascinating, winsome, wonderful thing, and gets hold of men, good, bad and indifferent, and the devil alike; but if once the individual saint forgets the source from whence it comes, God will curse the beauty. Beware that God’s beauty which He puts on you His saint, is not prostituted to a flirtation with God’s antagonists.

Chambers, O. (1999, c1936). Notes on Jeremiah (electronic ed.). London: Oswald Chambers Publication Association, Ltd.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement