Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Bob GeorgeTeaches Truth RE: 1John 1:9

Author Topic: Bob GeorgeTeaches Truth RE: 1John 1:9
speak2theRock
First Post
Member # 5819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for speak2theRock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Decastro,

I think you got it (or Mr. George got it) partially right, if how you summarized his teaching is accurate. I didn't click on the link, I've got an aversion to following links on message boards. Sometimes bad things happen.

But John was most assuredly writing to Christians, not gnostics, when he penned his first epistle. The assurance to Christians is that we have forgiveness for sins, even those we commit while walking in Christ. Being in the flesh, we sometimes (more than I'd like, for certain) choose our will over His, and John states in 1 John 1:9 that all we need to is confess to cleanse our soul, and our conscience.

--------------------
Comforting the afflicted, afflicting the comfortable!
In His grace,
Mike

Posts: 1 | From: Overland Park KS, a suburb of KCMO | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to simply parrot what Thunder said but "ditto".

I still believe confession is a vital part of Christian maturity. Sure, it does not prompt God's grace to act in our lives but it is a reminder to the soul what God has accomplished on our behalf. Also, there are other witnesses to our behaviors, demons, who will seize upon our weakness and minister defeat and condemnation. Confession lets them know that the person is still aware of his/her place in the Kingdom.

Truth be told the contemporary church is sin focused to the point of being "sin-centered". This has prompted the belief that we are still "sinners saved by grace" in spite of the truth that we have been made a "new creation". This is perhaps another thread.

Welcome decastro.

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with the statement about unbelief.

I had not heard of Bob George before seeing this thread, and haven't had time to listen to anything on the link.

Welcome aboard dacastro.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dacastro
Member # 5820

Icon 19 posted      Profile for dacastro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, about that last post with quotes. In answer to question about are there ministers, prophets etc. yes I beleive there are these today. also I goofed about saying Paul writing 1 John 1:9. but in essence yes the world's sin is unbelief in God's Son. I'm not as stupid as my last two posts suggest,really I'm just kinda new to doing posts so please bear with me. Has anyone ever heard of Bob George or his people to people ministries? Classic Christianity is one of his books.
Posts: 4 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dacastro
Member # 5820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dacastro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
Hello decastro, I have a question: Do you believe there are evangelists, pastors, teachers, prophets, and apostles in the church today?

Thanks,
Aaron

Posts: 4 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think what he is trying to say is:

The reason people go to hell is UNBELIEF.

I agree.
[youpi]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Paul was not preaching to christians when stating 1 John 1:9
Maybe I'm misunderstanding this;
if it is implying that Paul wrote 1 John,
I strongly disagree.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello decastro, I have a question: Do you believe there are evangelists, pastors, teachers, prophets, and apostles in the church today?

Thanks,
Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dacastro
Member # 5820

Icon 3 posted      Profile for dacastro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.realanswers.net/

Paul was not preaching to christians when stating 1 John 1:9 he was talking to nostics.
All of the world's sins were taken away at the cross past ,present ,and future sins.
The only sin that sends a person to hell is unbelief in Jesus. Check it out . and be really free.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement