Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » No repentance needed ....

Author Topic: No repentance needed ....
by_grace
Advanced Member
Member # 5340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for by_grace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cory,
That experience rang all too familiar withme [Frown]

It is so hard to sit through the altar calls where they use the "raising of the hands".

It IS easy-believism! I also have seen this done in Vacation Bible School settings...and they were bragging about how many children had accepted Christ. I just don't think that those 4 yr olds really understood what they were raising their hand for, or walking forward for? maybe I am wrong about that, it just seems amiss.

Amen Drew, Cory, Linda !

Joyce I too am confused???

--------------------
To "love thy neighbor as thyself" is not expressed by forfeiting, twisting or reinterpreting the Word of God for the cause of unity. It is expressed by hearing, obeying and proclaiming the whole council of God regardless of whom it might offend.

Posts: 25 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Linda, Cory and Walt!!!!

Gramajo you come back after an absence, and all you can post is the same shrewish rhetoric which you were posting as an attack on the truth 4 months ago. The very same thing over and over again.

Like a little myna bird which says over and over, "Judge Not!! Judge Not!! Judge Not!!".

Here Cory reiterated a personal experience, and you come in with the,"Don't Copy/Paste", in reference showing clearly that not only do you not read what is posted, it goes without saying that you never listen and hear what is being said.

Just the same tired shrewish assaultive posts which you have time and again posted for so long.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grandma Jo: If you dislike it here so much what brings you back? Did you come to share some wonderful Bible study with us (Your in the wrong forum if you did) or did you come to tear people down, or did you come to tell us what great works Osteen and Wareen and Meyers and Copeland do. What bring you here today Grandma Jo?

quote:
I will always believe that God is the only one who truly knows just exactly what is in each and every man, woman, boy, and girl's heart, as to whether or not they have repented of their sins and accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour and are living according to His Holy Word. No human being on this earth has the capabilities of God and no human being on this earth will ever have God's capabilities no matter how much they think they have such capabilities! Year after year, the very same people, with the very same rhetoric, the very same cutting and pasting being done, with the very same attitude tearing others down continually, never giving any credit of others doing truly great things as commanded by God. (You very same people do know who you are). You've not been absolutely everywhere, you've not seen or heard absolutely everyone, and most of all you certainly don't know everything even though you think you do! Never before, anywhere else but here, have I observed such very narrow minded people such as the very same identical few who tear down day in and day out and when they're asked questions they do not deign to answer any questions which are quite legitimate questions. The Good News is most assuredly without fail you'll be answering to God for each and every tearing down mean spirited, ugly word you've said repeatedly day in and day out, year in and year out, and also for the bad names that one or two here like to put in their postings. God Is Now And Forever And Always Will Be Your Judge!

How many have souls have you won for Jesus Christ lately?

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
AWWWWWWWWWW Linda and Wparr

Are you for real?

How sad this is.

Do yo mean how sad Cory's experience was? No, you said how sad of me and Walt??? Hmmmmm. I am confused? Maybe you can tell me what I said that you think is sad Joyce?

Maybe you will also think it is sad that I will amen Walt and Cory for their post above?

Amen Walt! Amen Cory!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AWWWWWWWWWW Linda and Wparr [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

Are you for real?

[crying] How sad this is.

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Gramajo:
I will always believe that God is the only one who truly knows just exactly what is in each and every man, woman, boy, and girl's heart, as to whether or not they have repented of their sins and accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour and are living according to His Holy Word. No human being on this earth has the capabilities of God and no human being on this earth will ever have God's capabilities no matter how much they think they have such capabilities!

I agree with you and have never said, nor implied differently.

quote:
Gramajo:
Year after year, the very same people, with the very same rhetoric, the very same cutting and pasting being done, with the very same attitude tearing others down continually, never giving any credit of others doing truly great things as commanded by God. (You very same people do know who you are). You've not been absolutely everywhere, you've not seen or heard absolutely everyone, and most of all you certainly don't know everything even though you think you do!

I didn't cut and paste anything. I shared an experience from an Easter play that I attended last week.

quote:
Gramajo:
Never before, anywhere else but here, have I observed such very narrow minded people such as the very same identical few who tear down day in and day out and when they're asked questions they do not deign to answer any questions which are quite legitimate questions. The Good News is most assuredly without fail you'll be answering to God for each and every tearing down mean spirited, ugly word you've said repeatedly day in and day out, year in and year out, and also for the bad names that one or two here like to put in their postings. God Is Now And Forever And Always Will Be Your Judge!

I didn't judge anyone. I simply relayed what I heard; and more importantly, what I didn't hear come out of a pastor's mouth.

Are you judging me?

Have you ever heard the phrase "the pot calling the kettle black"?

quote:
Gramajo:

That would be for God to decide, but I can assure you that when I do share Christ with people, it includes the very important part about understanding sin and repentance.

What I hear from you in this post is anger, meanness, judgement, and a complete lack of kindness. Lack of discernment pretty much goes without saying.

If this is a representation of your Christian behavior, I would venture to say that you are the last one here who should be asking others about their soul-winning record.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gramajo:

Talk about narrowminded
Talk about same ole rhetoric
Talk about tearing down
Talk about judging hearts

You've been gone for 4 months, and when you come back what do you do?

Your same ole judging peoples hearts while PROCLAIMING only God can judge.

Your message was ONLY what you are accusing others of, tearing down and judging - anger and bitterness.

NO ONE was judging peoples hearts in this topic
BUT THEIR MESSAGE.

--------------------------------------------------

(Matthew 3:2) "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

(Matthew 3:8) "Therefore bear fruit in keeping with repentance;

(Matthew 3:11) "As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

(Matthew 4:17) From that time Jesus began to preach and say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

(Matthew 11:20) Then He began to denounce the cities in which most of His miracles were done, because they did not repent.

(Matthew 11:21) "Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles had occurred in Tyre and Sidon which occurred in you, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

(Matthew 12:41) "The men of Nineveh will stand up with this generation at the judgment, and will condemn it because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and behold, something greater than Jonah is here.

(Mark 1:4) John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

(Mark 1:15) and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."

(Mark 6:12) They went out and preached that men should repent.

(Luke 3:3) And he came into all the district around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins;

(Luke 3:8) "Therefore bear fruits in keeping with repentance, and do not begin to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham for our father,' for I say to you that from these stones God is able to raise up children to Abraham.

(Luke 5:32) "I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance."

(Luke 10:13) "Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles had been performed in Tyre and Sidon which occurred in you, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes.

(Luke 11:32) "The men of Nineveh will stand up with this generation at the judgment and condemn it, because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and behold, something greater than Jonah is here.

(Luke 13:3) "I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.

(Luke 13:5) "I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish."

(Luke 15:7) "I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.

(Luke 15:10) "In the same way, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

(Luke 16:30) "But he said, 'No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent!'

(Luke 17:3) "Be on your guard! If your brother sins, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him.

(Luke 17:4) "And if he sins against you seven times a day, and returns to you seven times, saying, 'I repent,' forgive him."

(Luke 24:47) and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will always believe that God is the only one who truly knows just exactly what is in each and every man, woman, boy, and girl's heart, as to whether or not they have repented of their sins and accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour and are living according to His Holy Word. No human being on this earth has the capabilities of God and no human being on this earth will ever have God's capabilities no matter how much they think they have such capabilities! Year after year, the very same people, with the very same rhetoric, the very same cutting and pasting being done, with the very same attitude tearing others down continually, never giving any credit of others doing truly great things as commanded by God. (You very same people do know who you are). You've not been absolutely everywhere, you've not seen or heard absolutely everyone, and most of all you certainly don't know everything even though you think you do! Never before, anywhere else but here, have I observed such very narrow minded people such as the very same identical few who tear down day in and day out and when they're asked questions they do not deign to answer any questions which are quite legitimate questions. The Good News is most assuredly without fail you'll be answering to God for each and every tearing down mean spirited, ugly word you've said repeatedly day in and day out, year in and year out, and also for the bad names that one or two here like to put in their postings. God Is Now And Forever And Always Will Be Your Judge!

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

I am listening to Cory. It is very distressing and it is everywhere.
quote:
They have a hair salon to fix the outward beauty, but what about fixing the inside? They have a food court to feed the flesh, but what about feeding the soul?

This kinda blew my mind... a hair salon? Food Court? I am nauseated by gynaseums... but hair salons!

It seems almost daily the number of people I know of or people I know who, have someone in their lives who cannot find a church fellowship that is not going down this path.

We see people that we stood together with on the word contending for the faith a year ago and today... the lines are drawn in the sand between us over the warrens and the osteens and the "feel good" "its a wonderful day in the neighborhood" "do good works, don't use the words sin or repentance." gospel.

If this is not what we are seeing, then I pray God have mercy and take me home quick, because I am not prepared for what this is going to look like:

Revelation 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

I believe that this is the state of the union in "American Christianity"

And, I fear for this country, because we continue to claim to be "One Nation Under God." I think that it would be better for us as a nation to have claimed to be pagan heathen fools, than to claim to be "one nation under God" and spit in His face as we do. I am sure that God is not mocked. And thus I am sure that judgment will come to this nation for taking HIS name in vain.

The only thing that I find comforting is that God did not destroy Sodom until Lot was out; May God have mercy on us!

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am listening!

It is very sad. How can we get the Churches to take their focus back to Jesus Christ.

Dismantling The Religious Machine

Machines are used to do repetitive or difficult work more quickly and efficiently, giving people more leisure and free time to pursue something besides work.

Once upon a time a group of people saw that a machine was needed to make something hard and difficult more easily done. They put their heads together and came up with a handy little machine called “Religion.”

The Religion Machine would make life easier for everyone they said. With the Machine, we don’t have to waste precious time relating to a real God Who loves us. The machine would take these complex processes and break them down into a simple three-step process that anyone could follow, reducing God to a faceless, personless ideology of good works. The result would be a mass-production of religious people who all spoke, thought, acted, and believed the same way.

Things went very well for a while. The Religion Machine worked just like it was supposed to. Churches were built, movements were started, crusades were held, programs were implemented. The inventors congratulated themselves on making Religion so efficient.

But you and I know that machines require a lot of maintenance. Parts have to be replaced. People wanted the Religion Machine to be bigger, better, and faster each year. Research and development expense was incurred, testing expenses, raw materials and warehousing. The Religion Machine had to have qualified people to work on it, qualified people to run it, qualified people to supervise the people who run it, and so on.

With all the improvements and modifications to the original design, the Religion Machine got so big that they had to house it someplace; now they had factory overhead: the property, the specialized plant equipment, the electrical and water requirements, more work crews, the support staff, the management, still more parts, upgrades, routine maintenance, all the hidden costs associated with keeping the Machine running.

No one knew just how big the Religion Machine would get. The inventors would have never dreamed that their little invention would one day turn into a big business, but it did. People picked up their families and moved to live and work close to the Machine. There’s money there, a chance to get ahead, a chance to settle down, a nice place to raise their kids. The Machine is a boost to the local economy because it produces jobs and goods. It’s in everyone’s interest to keep the Machine running along.

The people took great pride in their work. Take a drive with them to any part of the country and they would point to the impressive array of expensive church buildings, sprawling seminaries, and mega-church outreach centers. “We helped put that one together,” they’d say. “Thank God for the Religion Machine! How did we get along without it before?”

But there’s another side to the story. Oh, the work is simple enough. “Do what you’re told. Push this button, pull that lever, flip that switch.” Keep producing, keep the Machine running. But there’s a human toll being exacted on the people who are running the Machine. Just another cog in the wheel, they begin to stop thinking for themselves; they depend on the supervisors to tell them what to do. They go home tired day after day (their busiest day is Sunday). They always work overtime and their family life is non-existent. Even when they’re home they think about work. Production is the name of the game; keep the Machine running no matter what; produce more with less.

People always get injured on the job. It’s hot, dirty work. And noisy. The Machine makes so much noise that all the workers eventually develop acute hearing loss. The light is so dim that the employees have become very narrow-eyed and squinty, not able to withstand bright light. But somehow the security that comes from getting paid each week is more important than the side-effects. So the work goes on.

Besides, where else could they go? What else could they do? Financial commitments based on that paycheck have been made: houses mortgaged, cars financed, durable goods charged. If the Machine stops running, the paychecks stop coming, and it means bankruptcy for the workers and the community. So on and on it goes.

Every once in awhile a pay raise comes. Some live long enough to retire, but most of the workers die young from stress, are injured on the job and permanently disabled, or have nervous breakdowns. But no matter what, the Machine kept running.

Then the unexpected happened.

The Religion Machine used a synthetic, man-made oil for fuel to keep it running.

The oil ran out. The Machine ground to a halt.

The workers were in a panic. No more fuel? How would the Machine run? What about their job? What about their paycheck? Who would take care of their families?

"What about natural oil?" someone asked. No that wouldn’t work. They tried that years ago. Genuine oil would not run the Religion Machine.

The supervisors cursed and swore. How could they get the Machine running again?

There was only one thing left to do.

The doors were locked, and the gates closed tight. Armed security gathered the workers together and had them form a line leading up to the top of the combustion chamber, the fiery inferno which fueled the Religion Machine.

One by one they were cast into the fuel tank. The Machine sparked and began to hum again.

"More people! We need more people over here!" Like lambs being led to the slaughter, the deaf, dumb, and blind workers were pushed over the precipice to be used as fuel for the Religion Machine. Next it was their wives, husbands, children, parents, brothers, sisters, all thrown alive and screaming into the Machine. The houses and cars, the clothing and jewelry, the furniture and possessions were all confiscated and dumped into to the Religion Machine to add more fuel for it to run.

At last everything that could be used for fuel had been used. It would not be enough, and it had all been in vain. Once again the Religion Machine ground to a halt, and no one was around to start it up again. The supervisors went out into the community to try and recruit new workers, but after hearing what had happened to the last shift no one would take the job.

Today those supervisors are dead and gone. The Religion Machine was dismantled by the townspeople, the parts scattered to the four winds, never to be assembled again.

The problem with the Religion Machine was that it started out as a neat invention designed to help people, but it wound up hurting them. The Machine was made for man, but soon man lived for the Machine and became dependent upon it.

Once upon a time another group of people saw that a machine was needed to make something hard and difficult more easily done and give them more leisure time. They were even more talented, technologically advanced, and affluent than the first group of inventors. So they put their heads together and came up with a handy little machine called “American Christianity”...

by Chip Brogden
www.theschoolofchrist.org

http://www.theschoolofchrist.org/articles/machine.html

Copyright ©1997-2005 Watchman.Net
Permission is granted for non-commercial (free) distribution provided this notice appears.
email: info@watchman.net

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 19 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I posted this in another area, but thought I would post it here also. To me, it drives the point home about Rick Warren's Purpose and Osteen's feel good gospel.

Our neighbors invited us to an Easter play last week. Towards the end of the play - after the crucifixion, but before Jesus leaves the tomb - they stopped for an "intermission" and the senior pastor presented the gospel and basically did your standard alter call, complete with praying with the audience, raise your hand if you said the prayer, etc.

It was easy believe-ism at its finest. There was absolutely no mention of repentance or forgiveness of sin - just accept Him into your heart.

Not to mention that the play had zero focus or discussion about why He hung on that cross.

I am still sick about it. This is a pastor of a congregation with several thousand if there's one.

They have a hair salon to fix the outward beauty, but what about fixing the inside? They have a food court to feed the flesh, but what about feeding the soul?

I remember when my stepdaughter went to pre-school and elementary there. She's in college now. They held classes and worship in the gymnasium - no salon, no food court, no two story play room, no tv monitors every two feet (including in the floors - I kid you not).

Now they have all that, and no preaching of sin. Sound familiar?

You guessed it - this is a full fledged Purpose Driven church. And I have a friend who has been going there for many many years who absolutely loves Osteen. What does that tell you?

Hello church! Is anybody listening?

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement