Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » I was wondering, which one of the ministries would you say you are?

Author Topic: I was wondering, which one of the ministries would you say you are?
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pleasemaranatha, I used to like you. [thumbsup2] You write
quote:
Born Again,

Which is yours?

Corinthians 12:28
28 And God has set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, [/b]diversities of[/b] tongues {languages}.

Well, let me see...apostle? in its sense of messenger, maybe; let me hope that I am a messenger of the good news of Jesus Christ, crucified and raised again on the third day, for the forgiveness of sins.

prophets? In the sense of me foretelling something will happen in the future to someone? No. In terms of speaking forth the prophecies made by God, yes, I repeat them: I am a neo-Prophet, if you want.

teachers? Okay, I am willing to be a teacher after some of the things I have learned in Christianity. I agree. Press the NEXT button.

miracles? I can tell about the miracles of the Bible to people--in that sense I am a miracle worker, yes.

gifts of healings? I try to relay what I think and feel I have heard from the Holy Spirit of Israel; He has a healing effect on everything when He can get through the flesh.

"swing low, Sweet Chariot, come for to carry me home"

helps? Okay, I agree. I like helps.

governments? In the sense that I have been on this CBSS for about 4+ years and a stable foundation that people can depend on to be here, yes, governments.

diversities of tongues {language}? I speak 5 languages, but I don't think that is meant. [Big Grin] Have I ever spoken miraculously in a foreign language like the Gentile Cornelius and his Gentile friends miraculously spoke Hebrew in front of Peter and his Hebrew friends? No. That has not happened to me yet.

Like, I was riding this Russian train, and I don't speak Russian, and suddenly, by the Spirit of God who knows and can Speak All Languages of the earth, I suddenly magnify the works of the LORD]. That would be "diversities of tongues".

In the NT Greek, "tongues" is "glossa" which was the common Koine Greek word for an earthly tribe's "language". their "glossa" in Greek.

i do think that the Holy Spirit deals out "diversityof earthly languages" to magnify the works of the LORD in any language, on any train, on any bus, in any train station. I believe that is the original meaning of it.

The related miracle is the interpretation of the tongues or language. This occurs IMO when someone who has never studied an earthly language before can suddenly understand that language, like on a train! [clap2] That is the miraculous ability to translate an earthly langauge that I have never studied before.

Praise God in the highest; "there is a strong steady Light that is guiding us home"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 20 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Born Again,

Which is yours? [Smile]

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering, those bornagain Christians who critize some of the evangelization methods of some members of the bornagain Christian church of Jesus, I was wondering, which one are you of the following?

Corinthians 12:27-29 (King James Version)
27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

28 And God has set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues {languages}.

those of you who are principals on this board, which one would you classify yourselves under of the above ministries?

teaching?

or,

governments?

If teaching, are those members of the bornagain church whose evangelization method you critize, not also teachers?

Must someone immediately die if someone is not evangelizing 100% correctly?

After all, we are earthly, we are working for the kingdom, we praise the Lord, we love the Lord for what He did on the painful cross, but will be always, and must we as earthlings be able to always get it 100% right lest we die?

"If I don't praise Him, the rocks will cry out"

I was wondering, which one of the minstries would you say you are? [Eek!]

Bless the LORD God of Israel and none other.
I am BORN AGAIN in the USA by the :crosss:

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement