Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » which one are you?

Author Topic: which one are you?
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
God usually shows me the other person's flaws so much that I KNOW that God did it, not the person.
[pound] [pound] [pound] I loved this! That is so very much I think what God would do. I have to tell you that is one of the things that drives me the most crazy in all this purpose driven garbage. When do you see God pick someone for a task based on their ability? God seems to me to chose the one that simply could not do what he is asked or sent to do, except that GOD do it through them!
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Linda! I do not speak in tongues, and never have. I've seen others speak in tongues and know that some of it is the flesh and sometimes it's REAL. Even in Gospel believing churches and that' why Paul outlines procedure about this and about prophecy.

So much of word from the Lord is just the flesh speaking. Rare is the true Word of the Lord. But it does happen. When it happens for me, God usually shows me the other person's flaws so much that I KNOW that God did it, not the person.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Lord Jesus Christ gives Spritual gifts.
The Father of Lights gives every good gift.

I agree that with the real, there will be the counterfeit.

But just because there is a counterfeit; doesn't negate the REAL.

The right ministries are the ones that Preach the simplicity of the Gospel of Christ. The preaching of the CROSS.

I'm personally totally discouraged with all institutional gatherings of believers. Each one has an angle, a view, an abberation.

We have the Baptists( or as we like to call them in Pencostal circles....(the dead in Christ will rise first)

We have the Charismatics. No one goes to the bathroom during worship. (Are they worried it will break the trance?)

We have all the denominations inbetween. All have some angle that is ultimately not Christ centered.

I ask myself, what unsaved person would want to get mixed up in Church dysfunctions? Why?

I see God manifest when I'm working. I'm a nurse. I see God manifest often and I can go to the bathroom when I need to, and I can use my practical spritual giftings in my work.

I agree Amen. I would venture that Walt also agrees; I guess he will let us know, but I would be surprised if he intended to say that we should negate that the gifts are real.

I believe that God gives to some the gift of tongues. That does not mean that I would say that you cant have the presence of Yahway if you so not have the gift of tongues. Nor does it mean that I believe that everyone who claims to have the gift of tongues does. If you speak in tongues in my presence and I have not understanding - the gift of interpretation, then I do not know if your tongue is from God or demon do I? Who is edified then?

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wparr:

Spiritual giftings AREN'T the eveidence of Yahweh.

What is the evidence?

The Lord Jesus Christ gives Spritual gifts.
The Father of Lights gives every good gift.

I agree that with the real, there will be the counterfeit.

But just because there is a counterfeit; doesn't negate the REAL.

The right ministries are the ones that Preach the simplicity of the Gospel of Christ. The preaching of the CROSS.

I'm personally totally discouraged with all institutional gatherings of believers. Each one has an angle, a view, an abberation.

We have the Baptists( or as we like to call them in Pencostal circles....(the dead in Christ will rise first) [Razz]

We have the Charismatics. No one goes to the bathroom during worship. (Are they worried it will break the trance?)

We have all the denominations inbetween. All have some angle that is ultimately not Christ centered.

I ask myself, what unsaved person would want to get mixed up in Church dysfunctions? Why?

I see God manifest when I'm working. I'm a nurse. I see God manifest often and I can go to the bathroom when I need to, and I can use my practical spritual giftings in my work. [Wink]

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good point wparr!

[thumbsup2]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WhiteEagle:

But it seems that the ministries that show more spritual giftings go hand in hand with some of the prosperity preachers.

The spiritual giftings can be counterfitted by the flesh, or demonic forces.

I was involved in wicca for a season, while doing a sweat ceremony there were people speaking in tongues - was THAT of Yahweh Elohim?

Raising hands and jumping around during worship doesn't always mean "Holy Spirit"

People do that with rock concerts, or pow-wows, or pagan moon dances (participated in one).

Spiritual giftings AREN'T the eveidence of Yahweh.

Matthew 7:21-23
(21) "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
(22) "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'
(23) "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The right ministries are the ones that are God centered and not man centered.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

I understand that this forum has the right to ban whatever it wishes to ban.

I must admit I see little that glorifies Christ when people are putting down other ministers of Christ.

I don't buy into prosperity ministries either.

But it seems that the ministries that show more spritual giftings go hand in hand with some of the prosperity preachers.

I'd like to know what are the names of the "Right" ministries. That never get talked about here.

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Thunder, I agree with what you have said and I will miss him too; I am sorry that he was drawn into the defending of those who promoted the apostasy of WOF and the Prosperity Gospel,and that in his naivete also did defend these things.

He has been to me friend and brother and I have disagreed with him much, but when two people who want to know what God says disagree, God can use that for glory by sending both to the scrptures in search of the truth.

The trouble is that not everyone wants to know the truth, there are some that just want to divide and disrupt. If BA is guilty of anything it is of naivete' thinking that everyone is like him and really wants the truth, and of strong belief that since Christ is author and finisher of our faith all who say they are Christians will come to truth in HIS time. The trouble is many say that they are Christians and are not and few really want the truth.

I will miss BA. I am thankful and have been blessed to have known him. He and his beloved Cathy remain in my prayers.

Still I applaude David and give much thanks to GOD for the strong stand David has taken against the preaching and teaching of WOF, and the false Prosperity Gospel and those who blindly continue to support them on this board.

I know that this statement, is God's work and is an answer to the continued prayers of many who have watched the enemy use a handful here to divide and disrupt this place for too long.

God Bless David for this place and the gift he gives to us all in providing it. I look forward to seeing it return to a place where God and Christ are glorified, and HIS word is the uncompromised bottom line and heresy is examined for the purpose of bringing the truth and light into the darkness and fellowship abounds.

quote:
By David: PLEASE TAKE NOTE:

The message boards purpose it to bring glory and honor to the Lord Jesus Christ not to man. We do not promote the prosperity gospel preachers on this message board. If you follow these teachers then you are on the wrong message board. I am asking you to take your posts somewhere else and not promote these teaching on this message board. If you don’t know who I am referring to it is The Word-Faith Movement, the "name it and claim it" theology. This prosperity teaching is an errant doctrine, largely promoted by the Word-Faith movement.

From this day forward if you post the teachings of the Word of Faith movement on this message board, YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THIS MESSAGE BOARD. You have been asked not to teach this false gospel. There will be no warning from here on, you will just be removed. This is not debatable.

Here’s how it is sold: God wants you to be rich (and/or healthy), but He can not bless you unless you first send money (also known as a “seed-faith offering”) to whichever televangelist or teacher tells you about this scheme.

The fastest growing segment of professing Christianity today is the Word-Faith Movement, also known as the Positive Confession or simply "Faith" movement. Its growth is at least partially due to the massive amounts of money the leaders are able to extract from the faithful. This influx of cash allows for huge buildings and extensive ministries, and more importantly, wide exposure on television, which translates into numerical growth.

As is implied by the title "Word-Faith," the supporters of this movement believe that faith works like a mighty power or force. Through faith, we can obtain anything we want -- health, wealth, success, whatever. However, this force is only released through the spoken word. As we speak the words of faith, power is discharged to accomplish our desires. Which is a man centered gospel.

What is the Prosperity Gospel? Here is a good universal definition. It is a false gospel that tells people if you give your money to a certain church, ministry or preacher, and if you have enough faith in God, God in return will bless you with good health and wealth.

But this is what God has to say about the Prosperity Gospel and the preachers that preach it.

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. Proverbs 4:7.

Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her. Proverbs 8:10-11.

In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. 2 Peter 2:3.

Two things I ask of you; do not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, "Who is the Lord?" Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God. Proverbs 30:7-9.

A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor. Proverbs 22:9.

He who oppressed the poor to increase his wealth and he who gives gifts to the rich will come to poverty. Proverbs 22:16.

Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. Colossians 3:5.

"Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasures in heaven. Then come, follow me. Luke 18:22.
You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing. But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. Revelation 3:17.

Be careful that you do not forget the Lord your God...when your herds and flocks grow large and your silver and gold increase and all you have multiplied, then your heart will become proud and you will forget the Lord your God, brought you out of Egypt. Deuteronomy 8:11, 13-14.

False Teachers think that godliness is a mean to financial gain. But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world and we can take nothing out of it. 1 Timothy 6:5-7.

People who want to get rich fall into temptation and trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kind of evil. Some people, eager for money have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. 1 Timothy 6:9-10.

Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in shabby clothes also comes in. If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, "Here's a good seat for you," but say to the poor man, "You stand there " or "Sit on the floor by my feet," have you not discriminated among yourself and become with evil thoughts? But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. James 6:2-4,9.

The worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful. Mark 3:19.

Jesus looked at him and said, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the Kingdom of God! Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of the needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God." Luke 18:24-25.

The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. In hell, where he was torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. Luke 16:22-23.

Honor the Lord with your wealth. Proverbs 3:9.
In conclusion, God does not want us in poverty, but when we receive a great harvest it's not for our own enrichment, but so we can help people who are in great need.

Amen David!

If Christ continues to tarry, I believe that we are going to all have to come to the place that we either stand with Christ or fall with men.

God give us courage and strength for the days that may lie ahead! Help us to want more of you and less of us.

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My personal belief is that the "prosperity gospel" is an overboard stretch of the truth beyond the limits of imagination.

WOF teachers, the same extreme in beliefs.
Hinn goes beyond that, I don't consider Hinn to be WOF, he is in a catigory all his own, a Hinn world.

I disagreed with many of BA's "doctrines", but never feared his questions or intentions.
BA has been called a Universalist, WOF, and a supporter and follower of Hinn.
BA is none of those, this will be a darker and drearier place without him.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thunderz7:
Can anyone point out for me any actual endorsement of the prosperity gospel, WOF or Benny Hinn in this thread?

i seem to be missing that all together!

BA:
dear bornagain Christian who is critizing another bornagain Christian, which one are you among the above ministries? Choose me one, would you?

You say "teachers"? Ok, so you think you could teach better and administer better over a $10 million ministry than a Copeland or Myer of Hinn?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Once again BA has posted the same rhetorical questions in defense of the WOF/Positive Confession teachers, which he has used multiple times in other threads to defend those ministries of deception, and against those who have pointed-out their errors.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

>>> Then how come 95% of the threads are WOF/Benny Hinn-centred and not Christ-centred??

That is all it takes, defending the WOF will get you removed from this message board!

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone point out for me any actual endorsement of the prosperity gospel, WOF or Benny Hinn in this thread?

i seem to be missing that all together!

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by David:
PLEASE TAKE NOTE:

The message boards purpose it to bring glory and honor to the Lord Jesus Christ not to man.

Then how come 95% of the threads are WOF/Benny Hinn-centred and not Christ-centred??
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

PLEASE TAKE NOTE:

The message boards purpose it to bring glory and honor to the Lord Jesus Christ not to man. We do not promote the prosperity gospel preachers on this message board. If you follow these teachers then you are on the wrong message board. I am asking you to take your posts somewhere else and not promote these teaching on this message board. If you don’t know who I am referring to it is The Word-Faith Movement, the "name it and claim it" theology. This prosperity teaching is an errant doctrine, largely promoted by the Word-Faith movement.

From this day forward if you post the teachings of the Word of Faith movement on this message board, YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THIS MESSAGE BOARD. You have been asked not to teach this false gospel. There will be no warning from here on, you will just be removed. This is not debatable.

Here’s how it is sold: God wants you to be rich (and/or healthy), but He can not bless you unless you first send money (also known as a “seed-faith offering”) to whichever televangelist or teacher tells you about this scheme.

The fastest growing segment of professing Christianity today is the Word-Faith Movement, also known as the Positive Confession or simply "Faith" movement. Its growth is at least partially due to the massive amounts of money the leaders are able to extract from the faithful. This influx of cash allows for huge buildings and extensive ministries, and more importantly, wide exposure on television, which translates into numerical growth.

As is implied by the title "Word-Faith," the supporters of this movement believe that faith works like a mighty power or force. Through faith, we can obtain anything we want -- health, wealth, success, whatever. However, this force is only released through the spoken word. As we speak the words of faith, power is discharged to accomplish our desires. Which is a man centered gospel.

What is the Prosperity Gospel? Here is a good universal definition. It is a false gospel that tells people if you give your money to a certain church, ministry or preacher, and if you have enough faith in God, God in return will bless you with good health and wealth.

But this is what God has to say about the Prosperity Gospel and the preachers that preach it.

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. Proverbs 4:7.

Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her. Proverbs 8:10-11.

In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. 2 Peter 2:3.

Two things I ask of you; do not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, "Who is the Lord?" Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God. Proverbs 30:7-9.

A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor. Proverbs 22:9.

He who oppressed the poor to increase his wealth and he who gives gifts to the rich will come to poverty. Proverbs 22:16.

Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. Colossians 3:5.

"Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasures in heaven. Then come, follow me. Luke 18:22.
You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing. But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. Revelation 3:17.

Be careful that you do not forget the Lord your God...when your herds and flocks grow large and your silver and gold increase and all you have multiplied, then your heart will become proud and you will forget the Lord your God, brought you out of Egypt. Deuteronomy 8:11, 13-14.

False Teachers think that godliness is a mean to financial gain. But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world and we can take nothing out of it. 1 Timothy 6:5-7.

People who want to get rich fall into temptation and trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kind of evil. Some people, eager for money have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. 1 Timothy 6:9-10.

Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in shabby clothes also comes in. If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, "Here's a good seat for you," but say to the poor man, "You stand there " or "Sit on the floor by my feet," have you not discriminated among yourself and become with evil thoughts? But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. James 6:2-4,9.

The worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful. Mark 3:19.

Jesus looked at him and said, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the Kingdom of God! Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of the needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God." Luke 18:24-25.

The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. In hell, where he was torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. Luke 16:22-23.

Honor the Lord with your wealth. Proverbs 3:9.
In conclusion, God does not want us in poverty, but when we receive a great harvest it's not for our own enrichment, but so we can help people who are in great need.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
1 Corinthians 12:27-29 (King James Version)
27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

28 And God has set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues {languages}.

I don't give too much thought to analyzing and dissecting it all, such as we don't sit around wondering what the function of our thumb should be or our left ear.

We usually just go ahead and be thankful we can be blessed by using our body parts as one unit, as too the Body of Christ should thankful to have each other, and be able to act as one.

Thank-you Jesus for the Cross. [Cross]

Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you have or be more than one? How can we know for sure?

Great question Born Again. [thumbsup2]

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 Corinthians 12:27-29 (King James Version)
27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

28 And God has set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues {languages}.

dear bornagain Christian who is critizing another bornagain Christian, which one are you among the above ministries? Choose me one, would you?

You say "teachers"? Ok, so you think you could teach better and administer better over a $10 million ministry than a Copeland or Myer of Hinn?

Oh, you say "governments"? What does that mean for the bornagain believer?

In any event, I don't overtly see the Holy Spirit saying that one of the ministries will be critizing another bornagain Christian's ministry.

Or are you saying the person is no longer bornagain? Or are we just talking about rewards again?

I think the church needs to distinguish more between what it takes to receive salavation and to receive subsequent rewards.

I think all too often the church thinks that if one commits a doctrinal error on top of the foundation which was already laid which was Jesus is tantamount to loss of salvation, instead of loss of rewards. I think we need to be more careful about that.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement