Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » A little leaven, levaven the whole lump?

Author Topic: A little leaven, levaven the whole lump?
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Body of Christ.

I will be happy just to be one little hair on the toes of THE BODY OF CHRIST.

My enchronologist ( a doctor who is treating my diabetic condition) told me something I never knew about feet. He said, if you have hair growing on your toes there is great blood circulation throughout the BODY!

So with that in mind, I will content to be a small hair on any toe in the body of God, the bride of Christ, when HE returns! [Smile]

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
>>> For, ask even an adult Catholic if they believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that He raised from the dead, and many, many will say that they believe that. And if that is the case, then they are apparently saved, but will not have (m)any rewards.

Have you ever been in the grocery store or Wal-Mart and run into someone who comes up to you and says, "Hey! Listen, I believe the Jesus-thing!" By implication they're saying to you, "Get off my back, will you!"
The thing we must keep in mind is the fact that Satan believes in Jesus Christ too! Read the Gospel of Mark: in every chapter you see the demons of Satan or evil spirits saying, "I know who you are. You're the Son of the Most High - the Holy One of Israel!" Satan and his demons believe in Jesus and know who He is. It's not a question of knowing who He is or believing that He is…

What believing in this context means is to "entrust." If you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, you're "entrusting" something to Him. If Jesus, like Moses snake is lifted up, the remedy is to "believe" that He was crucified and rose again. "Entrust" yourself to the risen Lord.

How do we "entrust?"

When Jesus said to "believe" on Him, He was saying we should have faith in Him, in the same way you would trust a parachute to save you when you jump from a plane. You don't merely believe in the parachute - you put it on. We can not "jump" without Jesus and expect him to stand for with us on judgement day.. If we die in our sins there is no second chance. God will give us justice, and we will end up in Hell forever. Any troubles we have at present are dwarfed by the trouble we will be in with our Creator. His wrath abides upon us (John 3:36). God doesn't want us to go to Hell. Neither do I want to go there, so we must confess our sins to God (not a priest or Mary), put our trust in Jesus to save us, and we will pass from death to life Our obedience to God is the proof of our love for Him.

We must "entrust" to Him our future and our eternity. That's the issue that is at hand!

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sister helpforhomeschoolers writes
quote:
Those that cry Lord Lord, havent we... They are not part of the professing church huh? Where do they come from?
I am assuming that you are a Protestant Christian of whom the vast majority have made a personal decision for Christ.

But in the Catholic church there are a lot more people who are "Catholic because they were born Catholic" and they have not made a "personal acceptance" of the work Jesus did.

But even with them, I am hesitant to say that they will not make it into the kingdom. They may be part of the crowd that is saved but will have no rewards because they did little or nothing.

For, ask even an adult Catholic if they believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that He raised from the dead, and many, many will say that they believe that. And if that is the case, then they are apparently saved, but will not have (m)any rewards.

Matthew 7:22
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? And in your name have cast out devils? And in your name done many wonderful works?

I frankly do NOT know who these people are in today's society: they prophesy and cast out devils and did many wonderful works? What is meant by "wonderful works"? Good deeds like feed the hungry?

Perhaps Jesus was talking about the people in Judah in the interval between 30-70 A.D. At this time I really don't know who they are, and I may never know.

But I do NOT think it refers to anyone in the Protestant Christian church who bring their Bibles to church with them, nor to pastors in the Protestant Christian church.

God bless, BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think that one day a great chunk of her is just going fall away not having been divided? What are your thoughts on the great falling way BA?

We are the many that will not endure sound doctrine? Where will they come from? Have they all already come and gone perhaps? Is this doctrine some other doctrine and not church doctrine maybe?

Those that cry Lord Lord, havent we... They are not part of the professing church huh? Where do they come from?

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

BORN AGAIN wrote
quote:
sister, you have such a dismal view of the church.
And helpforhomeschoolers answered
quote:
If I do it is of the professing church and not the true church.
Please explain briefly what each of these means, and where they are currrenly located. And of course I'm assuming that you put yourself in the true church if that is a better one than the professing church?

1 Corinthians 1:13
Is Christ divided?

Is Christ now divided? Shall the rosy lip now say to the scuffed toenail "you are not as pretty as me"?

God bless, BORN AGAIN

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps I do BA perhaps I do. If I do it is of the professing church and not the true church. Let's pray that if my view is dismal it is not so at all!
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

sister helpforhomesschoolers writes
quote:
I often look at the picture of the one kingdom become 2 kingdoms and it seems to me that you {I} can see a picture of the current events in the church, much of the sin that was done by the Northern kingdom is being done in the church today....
sister, you have such a dismal view of the church. I think I could walk into any so-called Christian church in America (other than a Unitarian church) and find them preaching "Jesus the Son of God crucified on the cross for us."

I think one would be hard-pressed to find a church in America (other than the Unitarian church) where they are preaching Baal or some other devil idol.

The church may be carnal, but it is still Christian and still preaching "Jesus the Son of God crucified on the cross for us."

A carnal Christian church is still a far cry from what you said: "much of the sin that was done by the Northern kingdom is being done in the church today....".

The Northern kingdom worshipped an entirely different god than the LORD; they openly worshipped golden calves and Baal and assorted other devils.

But the Christian church doesn't do that. [Bible] What kind of church do you all go to, anyway, and in what country? [Confused]

God bless, BORN AGAIN

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

I often look at the picture of the one kingdom become 2 kingdoms and it seems to me that you can see a picture of the current events in the church, much of the sin that was done by the Northern kingdom is being done in the church today.... Think though that eventually God made the Northern Kingdom to no "Not my people" but when he did that all was not lost because Christ was yet not manifest.

If this historical picture is accurate for what will also happen in the church professing... there is no more Christ to crucify again. Christ is already manifest and if God again declares to the harlot daughter.... you are "not my people" they will be "not his people" forever more.

Now, I know that some hyperdispensationalists would say there is no picture of the church in the OT; I do not believe however that this is true... JMHO.

I think the church in the wilderness of the desert sjourning in a land that was not her own toward the promised land is not much different than the church today sojourning in the wilderness that is earth and not her own, while on her way to the place of her citizenship which is in heaven.

I think that the same mistakes that church made we do also make. Today for example there are still those who burn incense to the Queen of Heaven. Still those who wont be satisfied with manna and want flesh; still those who bow to Gods made with their hands; still people who want to worship God their way and so forth and so on.

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

helpforhomeschoolers, you wrote this, what does it mean?
quote:
For this Northern Kingdom, there is no more Christ to crucify!
thank you, BORN AGAIN
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Excellent post Dale. I have no doubt that if you want to see where we are headed all we have to do is look at the history of the divided kingdom. As Solomon said, there is nothing new under the sun.

One thing that I find so sad is that Jeraboam had such an opportunity to be God's man of the hour so to speak. He could have been part of God plan to bring forth judgment, and had he done the right thing been given great honor with God, but his greed and pride and desire for power got the better of him and he tried to keep to himself what was not his but what he was given to steward.

What a tragic tragic story! But as tragic as that one was, at the end was Jesus and hope and opportunity of repentance and reconcillation.

For this Northern Kingdom, there is no more Christ to crucify!

God have mercy on us all!

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Sin of Jeroboam, Israel's Catastrophic Blunder

After the death of King Solomon the nation of Israel split into two kingdoms. The tribes of Judah and Benjamin (and some Levites) stayed loyal to Solomon's son Rehoboam and formed the Kingdom of Judah. The other tribes broke away under a man called Jeroboam the son of Nebat. They retained the title the Kingdom of Israel. The city of Jerusalem was in Judah and its crowning glory was the Temple which Solomon had built. Three times a year all Israelite males were commanded by God to go up to Jerusalem: at the Passover, at Pentecost and at the Feast of Tabernacles. (Exodus 23:17, Deut. 16:16). Israel's new king Jeroboam feared that his rebellion against Rehoboam would collapse if his people went up year by year to Judah for the sacred feast of the LORD. He was extremely worried. At all costs he must prevent the men of Israel from going to Jerusalem for the Feasts of Yahweh. And this is the record of what he said.

1 Kings 12:27 "If this people go up to do sacrifice in the house of the LORD at Jerusalem, then shall the heart of this people turn again to their lord, even unto Rehoboam king of Judah, and they shall kill me, and go again to Rehoboam king of Judah.
28. Whereupon the king took counsel, and made two calves of gold, and said unto them, It is too much for you to go up to Jerusalem: behold, thy Gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the Land of Egypt.
29. And he set the one in Beth-el, and the other put he in Dan. 30. And this thing became a sin: for the people went to worship before the one, even unto Dan.
31. And he made a house of high places, and made priests of the lowest of the people, which were not the sons of Levi.
32. And Jeroboam ordained a feast in the eighth month, on the fifteenth day of the month, like unto the feast that is in Judah, and he offered upon the altar. So did he in Beth-el, sacrificing unto the calves that he had made: and he placed in Beth-el the priests of the high places which he has made.
33. So he offered upon the altar which he had made in Beth-el the fifteenth day of the eight month, even in the month which he had devised of his own heart; and ordained a feast unto the children of Israel: and he offered upon the altar, the burnt incense."

Believe it or not that seemingly insignificant act of worshipping two metal idols on unsanctified feast days was the most catastrophic blunder ancient Israel made. It is a sin so grievous that over and over again the wickedness of succeeding kings was measured against it. Repeatedly these words appear: 1 Kings 15:34, 16:2&26, 2 Kings 3:3
"And he did evil in the sight of the LORD, and walked in the way of Jeroboam, and in his sin wherewith he made Israel to sin"

Why was Jeroboam's sin so grievous? Because by it, with one master-stoke, he allowed Satan to sever the nation's main spiritual link with Yahweh's appointed Sabbaths and form of worship. The sacred feasts were times for spiritual instruction and revival, when the men and families of Israel gathered in Jerusalem to learn of the Almighty and His requirements.

(Exodus 34:23) Jeroboam's bogus feasts and substitute form of worship at Bethel broke that spiritual link and like a rudderless ship the nation of Israel began to drift away from the Creator.

The results were appalling, for very soon millions of Israelites completely lost their spiritual bearings and adopted the basest forms of paganism. Many were the calls to repentance, but the sin of Jeroboam son of Nebat (the sin of using substitute forms of worship on unsanctified festivals) was not given up. As a result the Almighty carried out His predicted threats given through His servants the prophets and handed the people of Israel over to their enemies. After a serious of devastating defeats they were deported from the Promised Land and sold like cattle in the markets of the Middle East.

2 Kings 17:20 "And the LORD rejected all the seed of Israel, and afflicted them, and delivered them into the hand of spoilers, until He had cast them out of His sight.
21. For He rent Israel from the house of David; and they made Jeroboam the son of Nebat king: and Jeroboam drave Israel from following the Lord, and made them sin a great sin.
22. For the children of Israel walked in all the sins of Jeroboam which he did; they departed not from them.
23. Until the Lord removed Israel out of His sight, as He had said by all His servants the prophets. So was Israel carried away out of their own land to Assyria unto this day."

The action of Jeroboam, apparently trivial as it may seem, was obviously a most grievous sin. It was spiritual adultery at its worst; the act of mixing and diluting truth with error. In essence it consisted of merging the laws of the Almighty with human tradition and trying to worship Him on bogus festivals and sabbaths which were nothing but unauthorised imitations of Yahweh's appointed feasts.

Hundreds of years earlier the prophet Moses had foretold Israel's scattering and deportation if they forsook the commandments of God and here it was happening exactly as foretold.

Deuteronomy 28:64 "And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other Gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone."

Strange as it may seem, that selfsame sin of adulterating truth with error, of introducing bogus religious festivals into true worship has been repeated on a world scale by the Christian Church. Yes it is true, the mighty congregations of Christendom have done - and are still doing - what ancient Israel did under king Jeroboam. Over the centuries truth has been diluted with error and the introduction and acceptance of unsanctified sabbaths and feast days is now so widespread that comparatively few believers are even aware of the deception.

This may sound like a shocking statement, but it is absolutely true; and if the reader is not afraid of truth he/she must read on, for proof of this fact will follow in abundance.

At this very moment the whole of Christendom is steadily - yea almost imperceptibly - splitting into two distinct camps:

Those who respect the laws of LORD God of Israel and add to their faith obedience, especially that form of obedience which manifests itself in keeping the Bible Sabbaths.

And those who look upon obedience almost as though it were a competitor of faith. This persuasion, surprisingly, sees little amiss in clinging to the popular but unsanctified festivals of Christendom and the bogus sabbath of Sunday. Like Israel of old these believers are, in the main, refusing to keep the Almighty's feasts; but like Jeroboam of old, they worship on man-made feasts which have no divine authority whatsoever.

Sooner or later all those who classify themselves as believers in the Creator will move into one or other of these two camps.

more latter

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement