Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Just a note re: Joyce Meyer (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Just a note re: Joyce Meyer
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
am neither defending or going against anyone that has been discussed in this forum such as JM
Sometimes I think I hate boards because it is hard to make yourself clear. I did not think that you were doing this.

What I felt that you were doing was "running down" those who post against false teaching and false teachers by continuing to call what they do running down ministries.

I do not believe that it is correct to call this running someone down:

"Kennth Copeland teaches error when he teaches that Jesus after he had died on the cross had to go into hell and suffer spiritually and die spiritually. This Bible says this no where, but not only that the Bible contradicts this... here is why and where....(scripture reference given)"

You may say you dont like it; you may even believe that you can show scripturally why it is not appropriate to do and then that can be refuted scripturally.

But the continual implication that those who do what I just did above are "running people down" I think that is ugly and actually amounts to running people down. (The people who are doing what they believe the scripture and the Spirit have called them to do.)

To me running someone down speaks of the heart, it says I have a desire to see someone put to shame; I dont like this person and I want to speak against them. Or I have ill toward someone.

I do not believe that is the case with those including myself who speak against false teaching.

I say this because I know that what I am against is the teaching and I do not care if Mother Theresa stood before me teaching it I would say she was wrong and I would show why.

Running someone down is respective of person. Opposing doctrinal error is not respective of persons. IMO

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am neither defending or going against anyone that has been discussed in this forum such as JM because I only know basics about their ministry and not enough or them personally to speak either way. However, when I talk about judging other ministries, it isn't because I think everyone here is totally wrong. I too, agree that if someone is preaching doctrine that isn't true, it should be stated to others so people don't fall down the wrong path.

Yet I think of Jacob and Esau and how the Lord defends Jacob and punished anyone who speaks against him. I must get to my homework so I can't think of how it's actually put right now, but God blesses what others put down in the bible.

I am not for or against anyone here. I just feel that for myself, I don't want to make discussing what others do, a full time ministry.

I don't see where Jesus did either. That is what I was trying to say. My walk may be a little different and that is ok. Others may not agree it's ok but we are all made different and for different purposes. Some Teachers, Evangelists, Pastors, Prophets and Apostles. We were all created for a different purpose in God's kingdom.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually we were posting at the same time. I had not noticed your running down comment. I have posted to that as well. I dont take offense much.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TY HFHS, I'm glad you didn't take that the wrong way because I'm not a person that gets upset but I seem to keep being taken that way. I'm glad you didn't.

I always pray to God that He will give me a heart like David's. David is an extraordinary man, in spite of his weaknesses. He is a perfect picture of how God can show favor toward someone and forgive sins while bringing restoration.

I have to preach in church next week at my school and I'm preaching on healing. I will be using my husband's recent health problem discovery as a basis for it. It's about how we all have inner wounds that need healing.

David shows me that God is big enough and Merciful enough to heal those wounds. Of course God has already been doing that in me, but there are so many people that are hurting and yet get stomped by Christians or judged when really they are only responding out of the woundedness of their hearts.

I only added the bottom part because it is what God has placed on my heart lately but if it weren't for examples such as David, many of us that have been wounded wouldn't be able to see that God can forgive us our sins. Many of our sins may stem from those wounds.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

[thumbsup2] I love ya Carmela! That is exactly who I was thinking of when I said that! [dance] Dont you just look forward to meeting people like David? Daivd is a man that I believe both truly knew his own sin and human error and surely lived the consequences of it, but he was also a man who truly knew his GOD.

quote:
I don't think I read about him running down other ministries though either.

I really think that this is ugly to say that those here who stand for truth without respect of person run down other ministries. I realize this is your opinon and it is something you and others are entitled to, but there is much example in the Bible of speaking against those who teach falsely and those say they are teaching one thing and yet they are doing another that shows they are not teaching what they say that they are teaching.

In reality, teacher's who teach contrary to the word have run down themselves and God. There is not one example in the scripture and much to the contrary that says that those who lead the flock astray should be left in silence to do that.

I often think of David who had to choose his own punishment for his sin of numbering Israel and David answered this way:

1 Chronicles 21:13 And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let me fall now into the hand of the LORD; for very great are his mercies: but let me not fall into the hand of man.

I have an awesome and HOLY fear of God, but I would so much rather fall into HIS hands even for error, than I would to fall into the hands of men and ultimately the devil who uses men to lead the flock astray.

We will all have to stand before age judgement seat of Christ and be judged for the intentions of our hearts in the work that we do as we labor in the Lord's vineyard. Whether the Lord finds that I built with hay and wood or whether he finds that I built with gold and silver, I trust that HIS judgment is just and HIS love and HIS mercy indure forever. We do not always know our own hearts, but God does and this is a walk that we must all walk by faith.

When someone defends those who walk and teach contrary to the word, they have to be able to stand before God in faith and give account for both their defence and for their own aherance to the word. Their faith is in their correctness of judgment of themselves or the men they defend and of those they speak against for exposing what is believed to be error according to the scripture.

Likewise I will have to stand and give account for what I have said against them and against those who defend them. I am prepared to do that. I have counted the cost. Mu faith is in HIM and HIS word alone.

Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

I thought I should back this up with scripture:

2 Sam 6:14-17
14 And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.
15 So David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of the LORD with shouting, and with the sound of the trumpet.
16 And as the ark of the LORD came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the LORD; and she despised him in her heart.
17 And they brought in the ark of the LORD, and set it in his place, in the midst of the tabernacle that David had pitched for it: and David offered burnt offerings and peace offerings before the LORD.
(KJV)

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Yes, Pentecostal dance. Then again, so did David so I guess that makes him a Pentecostal also and he was highly favored by the Lord. I don't think I read about him running down other ministries though either.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
This sister is starting to get tired again from trying to defend Benny, Joyce and Kenneth.

I'll leave you to your fun and games and get back to talking about Moses, Paul and Jesus.

Hallelujah!

There is no defense for them, so you might as well move on to something constructive.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

quote:
This sister is starting to get tired again from trying to defend Benny, Joyce and Kenneth.
Praise God! Reading your Bible is a fantastic alternative to trying to defend these three!

[clap2] [clap2] [clap2]

That could make me feel a little Pentecostal myself! [thumbsup2]

[dance] [dance] [dance]

Pentecostals do dance dont they? I hope so!

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 15 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I'll leave you to your fun and games and get back to talking about Moses, Paul and Jesus.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HisGrace,

How in the world do you get around the fact that several people on this board, including myself, have told you over and over that we have seen him with our own eyes and heard these things with our own ears?

It has NOTHING to do with the internet.

I have watched Kenneth Copeland many times, as have others. We have witnessed his false teaching ourselves.

You CANNOT escape this fact no matter how hard you try. As bygrace has stated, if you continue to refute this, then you are indeed calling all of us liars.

I'm beginning to think that all the Benedryl on planet earth could not cure your itching ears.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
Here we go again... ignore the question, switch the topic. You've got it down to an art... [Roll Eyes] [wave3]

Can you think of a better topic to switch to than - JESUS?
You will have to excuse me - I feel as if I am in a Pentecostal meeting right now. His love is just overwhelming me.

1 Peter 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

by_grace
Advanced Member
Member # 5340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for by_grace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed...

I just have to say, that I am so astonished that this occurs so much.

why does it come to this? I think it is because this is more of an issue of people disliking other people and not what they are standing for.

I mean this, it seems that there are those who would rather be dipped in hot tar than admit they are wrong about something.

Hisgrace, in the 1 1/2 yrs or so that I have been reading this board you have NEVER admitted you were wrong, even when clearly you were shown so, and never have you apologized for anything ever.

that is something I noticed very quickly.

HFHS and others always admit when they have learned something, and have a christian attitude.

you feign humility, then call others liars.

interesting.

--------------------
To "love thy neighbor as thyself" is not expressed by forfeiting, twisting or reinterpreting the Word of God for the cause of unity. It is expressed by hearing, obeying and proclaiming the whole council of God regardless of whom it might offend.

Posts: 25 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by_graces asks HisGrace the following:

quote:
Originally posted by by_grace:
I was using the Mormons as an example, false is false.

It doesn't matter what package it is contained in.

and maybe you need to re-read your words if you think you have called no one a liar.

when they say they have heard it with their own ears, and then quote them for you, and you say "show me the money"...is that not saying liar?????

The very next post by HisGrace is:

quote:
Anyway,it is really disturbing how society is bringing Jesus down to new lows every day, and I would like us to focus more on ways we can bring Him up to the highest levels he deserves.

Psalm 92:1-5 IT IS A GOOD THING TO GIVE THANKS UNTO THE LORD, AND TO SING PRAISES UNTO THY NAME, O MOST HIGH:

To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night, Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the psaltery; upon the harp with a solemn sound.

For thou, LORD, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands. O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep.
Thank-you Jesus [hyper]

Here we go again... ignore the question, switch the topic. You've got it down to an art... [Roll Eyes]

[wave3]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Anyway,it is really disturbing how society is bringing Jesus down to new lows every day, and I would like us to focus more on ways we can bring Him up to the highest levels he deserves.

Psalm 92:1-5 IT IS A GOOD THING TO GIVE THANKS UNTO THE LORD, AND TO SING PRAISES UNTO THY NAME, O MOST HIGH:

To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night, Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the psaltery; upon the harp with a solemn sound.

For thou, LORD, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands. O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep.
Thank-you Jesus [hyper]

by_grace
Advanced Member
Member # 5340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for by_grace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was using the Mormons as an example, false is false.

It doesn't matter what package it is contained in.

and maybe you need to re-read your words if you think you have called no one a liar.

when they say they have heard it with their own ears, and then quote them for you, and you say "show me the money"...is that not saying liar?????

--------------------
To "love thy neighbor as thyself" is not expressed by forfeiting, twisting or reinterpreting the Word of God for the cause of unity. It is expressed by hearing, obeying and proclaiming the whole council of God regardless of whom it might offend.

Posts: 25 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by by_grace:
His grace, you are calling people liars when you say these things.

when they are heard with their own ears, why do you so quickly refute it? maybe the websites do not pin point those particular things out? I can tell you this, The Mormon church sure does not tell the whole story of what they believe!!!!

I have family that are mormon, and it is a shame that they have been drawn into this deception! have you ever seen the Mormon commercials? they DO NOT depict what they really believe!

neither does their websites mind you.

please stop attacking your brethren over their convictions, and stop calling them liars.

bygrace

I didn't call anyone a liar. I am saying that many are getting too caught up with Rev.WWW.com and not turning enough to The Bible.

BTW if you would carefully study the doctrine of the preachers we have mentioned, you would realize that it is not anywhere near the beliefs of the Mormons.

by_grace
Advanced Member
Member # 5340

His grace, you are calling people liars when you say these things.

when they are heard with their own ears, why do you so quickly refute it? maybe the websites do not pin point those particular things out? I can tell you this, The Mormon church sure does not tell the whole story of what they believe!!!!

I have family that are mormon, and it is a shame that they have been drawn into this deception! have you ever seen the Mormon commercials? they DO NOT depict what they really believe!

neither does their websites mind you.

please stop attacking your brethren over their convictions, and stop calling them liars.

bygrace

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I repeat -

quote:
you are just easily deceived.

I hope you're looking in the mirror when you say that [Frown]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I repeat -

quote:
I am not saying you are lying wparr - you are just easily deceived.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

This Bears Repeating!!! You NEED To Pay Attention HisGrace, Yahsway is Not A Liar and Neither is Wparr!

quote:
Originally posted by yahsway:
HisGrace, do you ever LISTEN to these preachers and watch their shows?

I don't care what their website statements are. Most of their websites only sell their books or tell of what they are doing. But you will have to watch and listen to them preach on TV.

I heard this with my own ears. And Yes, KC did mean rape as being sodomized.

This is what he said.

"Let me tell you something folks. Anybody in here that's ever been sexually abused, listen to me right now. Listen to me very carefully. The bible's very CAREFUL about the way it says these things. But down there in that dungeon, Roman, ungodly men, ungodly men, put him (Jesus) to every kind of abuse that you can think of. There is no sin that Jesus didn't bare. There is no thing, there is no such thing as a sexual abuse on somebody that Jesus doesn't know firsthand what its all about. He's been where you are. I don't care wat you've been through, Jesus has been through it. And everything's done to Him that we we couldn't even speak of."

And I, yahsway, heard him say this. Now, you are an educated woman HisGrace, can you tell me that KC did not mean Jesus was raped in the lieral sense by his statement? Sheeessh.

And he teaches what Joyce Myers stopped preaching about, Jesus suffering in hell. He said, and I heard this with my own ears, that..

"It wasn't the physical death on the cross that paid the price for sin, anybody could do that"

This really got my attention, and so he went on to say that Jesus's spirit had to also die in hell and be resurrected up by God when God said "Enough" and brought Jesus back to life again.

I challange all of you out there, LISTEN to their broadcasts. Pay strict attention to what these men/women are preaching. See if it lines up with the word of God. Do not get caught up in the hype and entertainment, but really listen.

My husband gets so angry everytime I turn on the tv and listen to Benny Hinn, KC, ect..
I just tell him I have to hear them. I need to know what they are preaching to the peoples. Oh I do hear truth also, but most of the time it is mixed with lies. Thats what we call deception. And thats what Satan is so good at.

There is deception in the church folks. And its coming from the pulpit. It breaks my heart when I hear a statement like this that KC made one morning on his telecast. He said
"God is the biggest failure in the Bible, the reason you have never thought that is because He (meaning God) never said He was one".

Then KC went on to tell the reason why He(God) was the biggest failure was because He had to kick Satan out of heaven for his rebellion and He(God) lost a third of His angels.

This is what I call hoopola! Its sheer entertainment aimed at getting "Uneducated" people to believe this junk.

My God is not, was not, and never will be a FAILURE.

--------------------

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by wparr:
So are you implying I'm LYING that I heard KC say those words??

I just want proof, because I listen to KC a lot and I have never heard him make such a ridiculous statement.

Kenneth Copeland has enough insight and discernment to know that God would never allow that to happen to Jesus. That would mean that sin entered Jesus' life. Jesus bore all of our sins but he never sinned himself, and KC has said this many times.

I am not saying you are lying wparr - you are just easily deceived.

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So are you implying I'm LYING that I heard KC say those words??
Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

It is easy to say "I have heard - I have heard."

If you don't have a website for "all of us to hear" I won't believe you. I don't want it coming from one these websites who distort the truth either. [Cross]

'Show me the money.'

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

God Bless you sister Yahsway for your testimony. I have not heard the exact broadcst that you did but I have heard several similar. The problem is that KC does not understand HOW Jesus bore our sin or atoned for it or propituated it. He is one of many who believe that every individual sin that ever had been or will be had to be phsically experienced by Jesus. This is a product of the lack of understandig of many many doctrines. But the most important one being who Jesus is and what he did do and how he was able to do it. Jesus did not have to experience the sin that he propituated, he propitauted all sin because he could because in him was not sin and he did not sin. Hinn takes this gabage even a step further and preaches that Jesus became sin nature, took on him the nature of sin and Satan, becoming one with it. Fools! They deny Christ with those words that they believe are supposed to lift him up. KC preaches this embelished story of life and death of Jesus after the cross believing that he is telling you how glorious his triumph, as if God needed man to add to his story to glorify Jesus more than God already has! It is sick and it deny's the work of God and the power of the SPirit and the power of the blod in the process and they do not even know it.

Fools!

And I tell you something else that just astounds me. Some here will scream SPECULATION!!! FOUL... SPECUALaTION!!! When it comes to something that is totally supported in context of scripture but not stated specifically like Paul having a Nazarite Vow, and in the same time be silent and praise men who add volumes that are not there in word or context to the narrative of Jesus' death and resurection and the idea of FOUL! Speculation never occurs to them... why? Because these teachers have a powerful influence over those that follow them, they are scratching itching ears, and itching ears want to be scratched. The Bibe says that the truth would be ill spoken of because of what these people teach.

Man who has died to self and is walking in the spirit... looks like Paul. Paul was content no matter his earthly situation. Paul's hope and his joy and his sufficency was in Christ alone. He was in the world and not of it having nothing and possessing all things. He had the peace that passeth understanding.

This is how God desires us to be... totally dependant on HIM, and in HIS rest at all times whether abase or abunadant; in sickness or health, truly at rest in HIS peace.

Man who is walking in the flesh is hungry for that peace, and because he is in the flesh he is looking for it in things of the flesh, things that decay and corrupt and things you cannt take with you so when teachers promise these things and seem with their own life to possess these things and that peace, the flesh is drawn to them and that is a powerful draw. If you are in debt and creflo dollar says I can tell you how to get out of debt you listen because you perceive that being out of debt will set you free, and to a degree that is true God does not desire us to be in debt... if you are ill of health and Gloria Copeland who looks good and is a gracious example of a woman says to you, pray like this, think like this believe like this and you can be like me, you listen because you see that she looks better than you look and is healthier than you are; if you have no power or have been in a situation where you have been at the mercy and power of evil and a Kenneth copeland or a Joyce Meyer says do what I do and you can have power over the devil himself, you listen, because it is a terrible thing to live with the effects of an evil that has had power over you. How nice it would be to "plead the blood" over your car and have it not break, or claim power over demons of accidents and avoid them, or believe for houses, jets, what ever your heart desires and manifest something out of nothing! That is power man, real power!!! The flesh wants to believe these things. I have a friend with a daughter who is a parapeldegic and she just knows if she can get her front and center with Benny Hinn that girl is gonna get up out of her chair and be whole. Sad thing is that she has missed that the girl is whole right now and one day when God brings her home she will not be in that chair... it is staying here, but right now, God is using her in that chair in mighty ways to be a witness for him and her daughter already has the peace that passeth understanding. She knows Jesus and is content in her situation. It is not a hinderance to her. Paise God for that. But her mother is guilty and feels that it is her fault that her daughter is in this chair, and that it what drives her. Sad. Very sad.

God does not begrudge us things in this life that we desire; we do not have to be poor for the Lord; but until we come to the place that we know that our peace and hope and joy is in HIM alone and it does not matter our earthly circustance that peace power and joy is there in all circumstance, until then, our flesh will hunger for things to satisfy it and our brain will do what ever it can to oblidge it including esteeming of men who promise what our flesh wants above our esteem for the word of God. and until Christ comes again, there will be more and more men who are willing to scratch those itching ears and more and more who will willingly follow them astray.

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first time I saw KC on tv, I liked what he was saying.

But at the end of the program, he led in prayer and told the people to pray
"money to me, money to me, money to me" [Eek!]

I about died.

I was a baby Christian but knew that this WASN'T RIGHT.

I saw and heard it MYSELF
KC IS NOT - IS NOT - IS NOTof Yahweh Elohim

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HisGrace, do you ever LISTEN to these preachers and watch their shows?

I don't care what their website statements are. Most of their websites only sell their books or tell of what they are doing. But you will have to watch and listen to them preach on TV.

I heard this with my own ears. And Yes, KC did mean rape as being sodomized.

This is what he said.

"Let me tell you something folks. Anybody in here that's ever been sexually abused, listen to me right now. Listen to me very carefully. The bible's very CAREFUL about the way it says these things. But down there in that dungeon, Roman, ungodly men, ungodly men, put him (Jesus) to every kind of abuse that you can think of. There is no sin that Jesus didn't bare. There is no thing, there is no such thing as a sexual abuse on somebody that Jesus doesn't know firsthand what its all about. He's been where you are. I don't care wat you've been through, Jesus has been through it. And everything's done to Him that we we couldn't even speak of."

And I, yahsway, heard him say this. Now, you are an educated woman HisGrace, can you tell me that KC did not mean Jesus was raped in the lieral sense by his statement? Sheeessh.

And he teaches what Joyce Myers stopped preaching about, Jesus suffering in hell. He said, and I heard this with my own ears, that..

"It wasn't the physical death on the cross that paid the price for sin, anybody could do that"

This really got my attention, and so he went on to say that Jesus's spirit had to also die in hell and be resurrected up by God when God said "Enough" and brought Jesus back to life again.

I challange all of you out there, LISTEN to their broadcasts. Pay strict attention to what these men/women are preaching. See if it lines up with the word of God. Do not get caught up in the hype and entertainment, but really listen.

My husband gets so angry everytime I turn on the tv and listen to Benny Hinn, KC, ect..
I just tell him I have to hear them. I need to know what they are preaching to the peoples. Oh I do hear truth also, but most of the time it is mixed with lies. Thats what we call deception. And thats what Satan is so good at.

There is deception in the church folks. And its coming from the pulpit. It breaks my heart when I hear a statement like this that KC made one morning on his telecast. He said
"God is the biggest failure in the Bible, the reason you have never thought that is because He (meaning God) never said He was one".

Then KC went on to tell the reason why He(God) was the biggest failure was because He had to kick Satan out of heaven for his rebellion and He(God) lost a third of His angels.

This is what I call hoopola! Its sheer entertainment aimed at getting "Uneducated" people to believe this junk.

My God is not, was not, and never will be a FAILURE.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
The point is that Joyce Myers DID preach that salvation was impossible for anyone who did not believe that Jesus suffered in hell.

[BooHoo]
quote:
The suffering in hell bit is adding to scripture. Kenneth Copeland said that the Roman guards "raped" (sodimized) Jesus before putting him on the cross, and to me that was also adding to scripture.
Please STOP IT RIGHT THERE. This just shows the lengths people will go to drag someone through the mud. He wouldn't have meant that in a literal sense. You are better educated than that yahsway. [Eek!]

Rape - to destroy and strip of its possession (Example: "The soldiers raped the beautiful country")

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Carmela:
No one mentioned any of the good she does with her money, only pointing out the bad.

It's more fun digging up dirt about people rather than looking at the good they do. If you go into Joyce Meyer's website you can see her ministry supports missions all over the world.
I was going to say that it's not fun digging up dirt on people at all, but then I remembered all the National Enquirer type rags that rake in millions, so I guess it is true of many people.

I hope it's not true of Christians, but then again, I know of one who loves to watch Jerry Springer. A Christian! Go figure. Hopefully, she's reconsidered that activity.

Regarding the good that ministries do with their money:

Personally, I can separate the two. To me, doing good deeds with money has nothing to do with false teaching. Obviously, both can occur within the same ministry.

Thankfully, God uses us for His purpose in spite of ourselves. Otherwise, we'd be totally useless to Him. (And of course we are, without Him.)

Ultimately, we are all responsible for knowing Him and His Word. False teachers and those individuals who blindly follow them, will have to answer for it eventually. In the mean time, God uses them to feed some people. I see this as the grace and love of God, not a green light for accepting false doctrine.

Christians would do well not to judge the "success" of a ministry by its outward appearance. There are many churches with thousands in their pews who do not know their bibles well enough to discern truth from lies, and I daresay, many who would not spend eternity with Jesus if they were to die right now.

It's not about the numbers. It's about HIM.

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The point is that Joyce Myers DID preach that salvation was impossible for anyone who did not believe that Jesus suffered in hell.

She does not teach this anymore. But that certainly would be considered a doctrine, because she was basing salvation not on the cross alone, but more than that.

Jesus said on the cross "It is Finished". No more suffering or work to do on His part. He defeated death, hell, and Satan at the cross.

The suffering in hell bit is adding to scripture. Kenneth Copeland said that the Roman guards "raped" (sodimized) Jesus before putting him on the cross, and to me that was also adding to scripture.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by wparr:
How much MORE good she could do if she lived more like a servant and less like a king.

If she got rid of her private jet, extravagant likestyle ect (in other words BIBLICALLY)

Private jet?? That's news to me.

Joyce Meyer Ministries - Financial Accountability

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

How much MORE good she could do if she lived more like a servant and less like a king.

If she got rid of her private jet, extravagant likestyle ect (in other words BIBLICALLY)

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
No one mentioned any of the good she does with her money, only pointing out the bad.

It's more fun digging up dirt about people rather than looking at the good they do. If you go into Joyce Meyer's website you can see her ministry supports missions all over the world.
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

I have a correction to make. I believe I said the 12 month purification process was in Nehemiah, but it's Esther. I was reading both and I think I misquoted it.

Also, I was wondering something today. Someone mentioned about JM buying things and using her money for plastic surgery and stuff. I was wondering how many here if given the chance would do the same. Afterall, Esther had much money spent on her during her purification for the king and Jesus never spoke out against it. Joyce was once very over weight and when a person loses lots of weight their skin is left looking saggy and ugly. I for one know that I would have plastic surgery if I could in that case.

The same question can apply to men. How many men would marry a woman that looks really ugly or has skin that is all saggy and gross looking? How many men would be able to look adormingly at their wife if she was like this?

God blessed Joyce with money and as we see in the bible, God can give and He can take away. If He gets upset with how she pampers herself sometimes, and I don't feel that is a bad thing, then He could take all that she has away from her.

Pointing fingers at how someone spends money isn't right in my book if it isn't involving something sinful. I think if each one of us looks at how we spend our money, we can find areas where we are not using our money wisely either.

I just don't see what it's so bad that she is able to indulge herself in such pleasures if she is able to. No one mentioned any of the good she does with her money, only pointing out the bad.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
HisGrace, it maybe necessary to "re-hash" it because others are out there teaching the same thing.

I know I have heard Kenneth Copeland and Benny Hinn preach it, but to Joyce Myers credit she does not teach it anymore.

What happened to Jesus during those three days is not a doctrine; it is an interpretation of the scriptures. We can only be eternally lost if we follow a false doctrine. If you don't understand what happened to Jesus during those three days, you won't lose your salvation.

This is doctrine - (Partially taken from JMMinistries)

THE SCRIPTURES-The Bible is the inspired Word of God, the product of holy men of old who spoke and wrote as the Holy Spirit moved them. We accept the New Covenant, as recorded in the New Testament, as our infallible guide in matters pertaining to conduct and doctrine.
(II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21; I Thessalonians 2:13)

THE GODHEAD-Our God is One, but manifested in three persons • the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Philippians 2:6; John 14:21-26)

saved1948
Advanced Member
Member # 5391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saved1948     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I did not post it; Obviously this poster does not know that she no longer teaches this and has posted this article from CRI. I was telling him and anyone else who reads this that she has repented of teaching this. This is the thing that I stated in another thread that I wrote her about.

If we are going to talk about what she does in error, it ought at least to be accurate and I was setting it accurate.As Yahsway has said this is a terrible heresy and it is taught by many, but Joyce is not one of them at this time.

She probably does not teach it anymore because she was called on it.I would not listen to anyones message if it were ever false doctrine.

--------------------
John 3:16+6\[/p..................For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,that whoever believed in Him should not perish but have everlasting life

Posts: 52 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

I don't want to get into the discussion on JM because personally, I feel that each of are in error in one or another when interpreting the bible since we all fall short. I certainly can't say for sure since I'm not God but I believe that each denomination has faults in it.

I go to Pentecostal churches and have never heard anything about Jesus going to hell until now.

HFHS I do agree with most of your post in response to me and I don't completely disagree with wof beliefs. I do in some ways but what was bothering me most when I asked for a separate forum was the way people were treating each other and I didn't want anything to do with it. I didn't even want to read it. I stated before that if someone were studying say....catholic beliefs that I would speak out and tell them what I disagree with in the Catholic teachings. I use them as an example because that is what I was raised in.

When using Paul's example that you quoted, Paul was the head of the church. It's the head of the church that really should be taking action as Paul did. However, if I see someone in sin I will tell them. If I am in sin I pray to God that someone will tell me because I certainly don't want to stay in my sin. Then again, I have seen times when people are so set in what they believe that they can't see or even ask God for wisdom before giving advice to others. For instances, I don't believe in divorce but I do believe that if someone is abused by a spouse (in any way) they should leave. I do believe that sometimes God tells people to leave and not divorce and sometimes God will allow them divorce their abusive partner. However, many people don't consider emotion/verbal abuse as abuse. It is and it's crippling to the other person in many ways. I know from experience.

So if I see someone that is in sin, I usually pray first and ask God to show me what I'm to do for that person. Some sin like adultery if just plain wrong, but not everything that appears to be sin is sin....although I do agree that most is. I don't want to counsel people from my flesh, but through first praying and seeking the Lord's direction before I do anything. Then, whatever I say will hopefully be from the Lord's will and not my own.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

See those are some of the things that I see as well Walt. I wrote this as part of a post for Deb's thread on dont be deceived, but I will post it here as an excerpt because it speaks to what you are saying:

Today we see a situation that is even more deceptive because we see groups that are not under the authority of any church, and they are not under the authority of Christ either! We see churches made by men not Christ and established on their own authority not the authority of the Apostles and they answer to no one.

Look at Meyer... who does she answer to? a hand picked board. And she is teaching people from the flocks of thousands of pastors, some with pastoral cover and approval and some not. And is she under the authority of Christ? Well you tell me... she is battling with the city of Fenton over paying her taxes, what does Christ say about taxes? She is preaching and teaching for hire, and openly solicits gifts. What did Paul say? What did Christ say? She gives her alms publically and parades her good works. What did Christ teach? Whose authority is she under? Not Christ's! We cannot pick and chose what of the doctrines of God and Christ we will obey.

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

This being out of right authority shows in her teachings and beliefs and this statement from above here is a good example:

quote:
Father, I come to You just as I am. There is nothing I can do to earn salvation I cannot work my way into a right relationship with You. The Bible says that we are saved by grace through faith as a gift from You. I confess that I have sinned against You and others. I ask You to forgive me and wash me clean with the precious, life-giving blood of Jesus Christ, Your Son. I believe that He died for me—He took my sin upon Himself and died on the cross for me. And I believe that He was raised from the dead, giving me power over the enemy. Jesus, I ask You to come live inside of me. I don't understand everything about being a Christian, but I invite You into my life to help me learn daily how I am to live. Thank You, Father, for Your gift of restoration and eternal life. I am so grateful for Your love and mercy. In Jesus' name, "

We have not been given power over the devil. We have been redeemed from under the devil's authority. We have been given power to resist the devil when we remain in the spirit and present our bodies as living sacrifice to God.
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

I did not post it; Obviously this poster does not know that she no longer teaches this and has posted this article from CRI. I was telling him and anyone else who reads this that she has repented of teaching this. This is the thing that I stated in another thread that I wrote her about.

If we are going to talk about what she does in error, it ought at least to be accurate and I was setting it accurate.

As Yahsway has said this is a terrible heresy and it is taught by many, but Joyce is not one of them at this time.

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Galatians 5:22-23
(22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
(23) gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

What is Joyce Meyer's fruit like?

Lavish extravagant lifestyle;

Flying around in an expensive private leer jet;

Owning EXPENSIVE cars (and asking poor people to send her money)

Getting cosmetic surgery while telling others to be content.

Yea good CHRIST like ( NOT ) fruit on display there.

Where is the humbleness, where is the denying of self.

Her gospel is WEALTH

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

HisGrace, it maybe necessary to "re-hash" it because others are out there teaching the same thing.

I know I have heard Kenneth Copeland and Benny Hinn preach it, but to Joyce Myers credit she does not teach it anymore.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
[QUOTE]She used to teach this; She no longer teaches this and she no longer prints this book; if she believes this still she does not teach it.

Then respectfully HFHS, why is it necessary to hash and rehash it?
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

quote:
In her 1991 booklet, The Most Important Decision You Will Ever Make, she teaches a hallmark doctrine of Faith theology, namely, that Christ had to suffer in hell to atone for our sins and be born again:

During that time He entered hell, where you and I deserved to go (legally) because of our sin….He paid the price there.…no plan was too extreme…Jesus paid on the cross and in hell….God rose up from His throne and said to demon powers tormenting the sinless Son of God, “Let Him go.” Then the resurrection power of Almighty God went through hell and filled Jesus….He was resurrected from the dead ¾ the first born-again man.[6]

Her assertions are not unlike those of leading Word of Faith proponent Kenneth Copeland, who also believes Christ’s death on the cross was not sufficient to atone for our sins, and that His work of redemption was completed by suffering in hell and being born again. According to Copeland,

When Jesus cried, “It is finished!” He was not speaking of the plan of redemption. There were still three days and nights to go through before He went to the throne….Jesus’ death on the cross was only the beginning of the complete work of redemption.7

[The] word of the living God went down into the pit of destruction and charged the spirit of Jesus with resurrection power! Suddenly His twisted, death-wracked spirit began to fill out and come back to life. He began to look like something the devil had never seen before. He was literally being reborn before the devil’s very eyes. He began to flex His spiritual muscles….Jesus was born again ¾ the first-born from the dead. 8

According to a recently published interview with free-lance writer Ken Walker, however, Meyer contradictorily denies ever believing or teaching that Christ was born again in hell.9

Moreover, in her 1991 booklet, Meyer asserts that salvation is impossible without believing Jesus suffered in hell as the believer’s substitute. Meyer writes, “There is no hope of anyone going to heaven unless they believe this truth I am presenting. You cannot go to heaven unless you believe with all your heart that Jesus took your place in hell.”10

While historic Christianity has debated the issue of whether or not Jesus actually descended into hell (e.g., to proclaim the gospel, declare victory, etc. [1 Peter 3:18-19]), no orthodox believer ever held to

the belief that Christ suffered and atoned for our sins in hell, rather than on the cross. Yet, Word of

Faith teachers, including Joyce Meyer, teach the necessity of Jesus having to pay for our sins in hell, under the torment of Satan and his angels ¾ a teaching both unsubstantiated by and contrary to Scripture. The entirety of Christ’s atoning work (i.e., His suffering and death in our place) occurred on the cross (e.g., 1 Peter 2:24), ending with His proclamation, “It is finished” (John 19:30). The Christ of Faith theology literally had to become sin, taking on the nature of Satan while in hell, thereby needing to be born again in hell before His resurrection could occur.

She used to teach this; She no longer teaches this and she no longer prints this book; if she believes this still she does not teach it.
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by saved1948:
CHRISTIAN RESEARCH INSTITUTE
Moreover, in her 1991 booklet, Meyer asserts that salvation is impossible without believing Jesus suffered in hell as the believer’s substitute. Meyer writes, “There is no hope of anyone going to heaven unless they believe this truth I am presenting. You cannot go to heaven unless you believe with all your heart that Jesus took your place in hell.”10

Something isn't kosher here, because I have never heard her preach like that. I would venture a guess that she said 'that Jesus took your place on the cross.' Anyway, no one has shown me for sure what happened to Jesus during those three days. Even if I never find out the truth, or misinterpret the Bible, it will never affect my salvation.

I don't see anything in the following anywhere near what the author is purporting-

"From JMeyer Ministries-
Have You Accepted God's Free Gift?
God loves you. He loves you and me so much ...that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16 NIV). The Bible says in Romans 3:23 that all of us have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. In other words, we have all missed the mark. But if we will admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, God is faithful and true to His word and will forgive us and wash us clean from everything wrong that we've ever done (see 1 John 1:9).

If you have never invited Jesus to be your Lord and Savior, we invite you to do so now. The Bible promises that when you pray a prayer like the one written here from your heart, you will experience a new life in Christ. Simply read it aloud and mean it from your heart. Say:

Father, I come to You just as I am. There is nothing I can do to earn salvation I cannot work my way into a right relationship with You. The Bible says that we are saved by grace through faith as a gift from You. I confess that I have sinned against You and others. I ask You to forgive me and wash me clean with the precious, life-giving blood of Jesus Christ, Your Son. I believe that He died for me—He took my sin upon Himself and died on the cross for me. And I believe that He was raised from the dead, giving me power over the enemy. Jesus, I ask You to come live inside of me. I don't understand everything about being a Christian, but I invite You into my life to help me learn daily how I am to live. Thank You, Father, for Your gift of restoration and eternal life. I am so grateful for Your love and mercy. In Jesus' name, "

quote:
OTHER QUESTIONABLE TEACHINGS

Although there is no biblical precedent, she makes the assertion that angels tell her what to preach:

The Bible says that there are many angels surrounding us. I have heard her say that she believes angels protect her, but she has a very strong belief that the Holy Spirit is guiding her. If angels are speaking to her, she would believe that they are being prompted by the Holy Spirit. Combed all through her site, and didn't see the word 'angel' used once.

"JMMinistries - Among List of Confessions. Out of the 70 confessions, angels weren't mentioned once. It is clear that she believes that God is her source throught the Holy Spirit.

I know God’s voice, and I always obey what He tells me.
The love of God has been shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Ghost.
I am creative because the Holy Spirit lives in me.
I love to pray. I love to praise and worship God.
I cast all my care on the Lord for He cares for me.
I catch the devil in all of his deceitful lies. I cast them down
God opens my mouth, and no man can shut it. God shuts my mouth, and no man can open it.
I will cry to God most high Who performs on my behalf and rewards me. "

quote:
She goes on to promote the superstitious belief that certain kinds of jewelry attract evil spirits:
To say that she is superstitious is a downright slander. Certain kinds of jewelery possibly could attract evil spirits. I am surprised that the author isn't more spiritually astute on how the devil is very real and a powerful force to be reckoned with. Many people wear the peace sign not really aware of its significance. You often see it on jewelry. I have seen adament unbelievers wearing crosses. Do you not think that the devil could use this as a powerful weapon?

-

"Throughout the last 2,000 years this symbol has designated hatred of Christians. Nero, who despised Christians, crucified the Apostle Peter on a cross head downward. This hideous event resembled the Teutonic cross and became a popular pagan insignia of the day. Thereafter, this sign became known as the 'Neronic cross.'

"The symbol's origin in history proves it to be the visual mystic character for 'Aum' (the split 'Y'). This is the sacred word to the Hindu. Chanting 'Aum' is supposed to help awaken 'the serpent power of Brahma' at the base of the human spine. Occultist Albert Pike also identifies this symbol as mystical in his book on Freemasonry Morals and Dogma.

The peace symbol (also called the "broken cross," "crow's foot," "witch's foot," "Nero Cross," "sign of the 'broken Jew,'" and the "symbol of the 'anti-Christ''') is actually a cross with the arms broken. It also signifies the "gesture of despair," and the "death of man.''

quote:
Also problematic are some of Meyer’s beliefs regarding spiritual warfare. According to her, for instance, generational spirits supposedly torment families for generations with specific sins, and she even believes that a demon of lust torments her family. On one occasion she says,

I told you that there was a spirit of incest in my family bloodline….And the thing that I want you to understand today is when there’s a spirit like that in a bloodline, until some person believes on Jesus and takes the blood of Jesus and draws it across that natural bloodline, that devastation goes on for generations and generations….Well see, my father’s grandfather had problems and so his father had problems and so my dad had problems and so I had problems and so if I wouldn’t have stood and believed Jesus, my kids would have had problems and their kids would have had problems and so on and so on.15

Scripture, however, does not support the existence of a demon or spirit of lust, nor any demon of a particular sin. It is true that certain sins (e.g., alcoholism) are perpetuated and can affect families for generations (see Exod. 20:5; Num. 14:18), but these are the consequences of sin ¾ not generational spirits. James’ epistle is clear that we sin because of our own evil desires (v. 1:14). Demons cannot force us to sin; however, they can influence our behavior through temptation (e.g., Gen. 3:1-6). Nonetheless, we are ultimately held accountable for our actions (e.g., Ezek. 18:4, 20). If this were not so, we would have license to exclaim, “the Devil made me do it!”

Notice they say - "It is true that certain sins (e.g., alcoholism) are perpetuated and can affect families for generations (see Exod. 20:5; Num. 14:18), but these are the consequences of sin ¾ not generational spirits"

H-e-l-l-o Generational spirits are sin. They don't have a leg to stand on in this argument. They would never admit it, but they are agreeing with Joyce.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

quote:
Because of Joyce Meyer’s adherence to a major tenet of Word of Faith theology and her subjective and unbiblical teachings concerning spiritual warfare, CRI cannot recommend her ministry.
Spiritual warfare?? As we have already seen The Bible speaks very clearly about spiritual warfare. [Confused]
saved1948
Advanced Member
Member # 5391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saved1948     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CHRISTIAN RESEARCH INSTITUTE

Joyce Meyer
Joyce Meyer is a popular Pentecostal preacher living outside of St. Louis, MO, who has been in fulltime ministry since 1980.[1] She is a best-selling author in the Christian market,[2] and her books cover everything from America’s Christian heritage to weight-loss.[3] But she is perhaps best known from her radio and television program, Life in the Word, both of which are broadcast nationally and internationally.[4]

Meyer shares the platform from time to time with Word of Faith teachers like, for example, Kenneth Copeland, Jesse Duplantis, Benny Hinn, and T.D. Jakes.[5] CRI is critical of and concerned with some of her practices and teachings.

In her 1991 booklet, The Most Important Decision You Will Ever Make, she teaches a hallmark doctrine of Faith theology, namely, that Christ had to suffer in hell to atone for our sins and be born again:

During that time He entered hell, where you and I deserved to go (legally) because of our sin….He paid the price there.…no plan was too extreme…Jesus paid on the cross and in hell….God rose up from His throne and said to demon powers tormenting the sinless Son of God, “Let Him go.” Then the resurrection power of Almighty God went through hell and filled Jesus….He was resurrected from the dead ¾ the first born-again man.[6]

Her assertions are not unlike those of leading Word of Faith proponent Kenneth Copeland, who also believes Christ’s death on the cross was not sufficient to atone for our sins, and that His work of redemption was completed by suffering in hell and being born again. According to Copeland,

When Jesus cried, “It is finished!” He was not speaking of the plan of redemption. There were still three days and nights to go through before He went to the throne….Jesus’ death on the cross was only the beginning of the complete work of redemption.7

[The] word of the living God went down into the pit of destruction and charged the spirit of Jesus with resurrection power! Suddenly His twisted, death-wracked spirit began to fill out and come back to life. He began to look like something the devil had never seen before. He was literally being reborn before the devil’s very eyes. He began to flex His spiritual muscles….Jesus was born again ¾ the first-born from the dead. 8

According to a recently published interview with free-lance writer Ken Walker, however, Meyer contradictorily denies ever believing or teaching that Christ was born again in hell.9

While historic Christianity has debated the issue of whether or not Jesus actually descended into hell (e.g., to proclaim the gospel, declare victory, etc. [1 Peter 3:18-19]), no orthodox believer ever held to

the belief that Christ suffered and atoned for our sins in hell, rather than on the cross. Yet, Word of

Faith teachers, including Joyce Meyer, teach the necessity of Jesus having to pay for our sins in hell, under the torment of Satan and his angels ¾ a teaching both unsubstantiated by and contrary to Scripture. The entirety of Christ’s atoning work (i.e., His suffering and death in our place) occurred on the cross (e.g., 1 Peter 2:24), ending with His proclamation, “It is finished” (John 19:30). The Christ of Faith theology literally had to become sin, taking on the nature of Satan while in hell, thereby needing to be born again in hell before His resurrection could occur.

OTHER QUESTIONABLE TEACHINGS

Meyer also advocates peculiar and unbiblical manifestations at church gatherings, and attributes them to the power of God. She proclaims,

you gotta come on out in the deep….Oh, I think that word’s anointed right now. Deeeep!!! Mmmmmm! One lady was in a conference recently in St. Louis, and she said “I am telling you, every time you said the word “deep” the fire of God hit me in the pit of my guts.” The lady, she kept falling out of her chair and being on the floor, you know? And she said later, “every time you said ‘deeeeep’ it was like I just couldn’t stay in my chair!”11

For a refutation of this and other unbiblical phenomena (e.g., being “slain in the Spirit”), we recommend Hank Hanegraaff’s book, Counterfeit Revival (B393/$20.00).

Although there is no biblical precedent, she makes the assertion that angels tell her what to preach:

Now spirits don’t have bodies, so we can’t see them. Okay? There probably is, I believe there is, and I certainly hope there is several angels up here this morning that are preaching with me. I believe that right before I speak some anointed statement to you, that one of them bends over and says in my ear what I’m supposed to say to you.12

She goes on to promote the superstitious belief that certain kinds of jewelry attract evil spirits:

There are many different signs and emblems that people wear as jewelry that are straight from the devil, and they absolutely do not know it, and I’m quite sure there are going to be people here today that probably even have some of these things in your possession. You may even be wearing one. And what they do is they draw evil spirits.13

In lieu of the biblical admonition to test everything by the objective Word of God (1 Thess. 5:21; 2 Tim. 3:16), Meyer further asserts that God would never allow her to fall into error. Turning instead to her subjective feelings she says,

I am going to tell you something right now. I no more believe that my God is going to let me stand around and believe a lie than I believe that I am going to turn green in the next two minutes. God is my source and He loves me and I am after God with my whole heart. And if I am accidentally, or any other way, getting into error, I am going to have a bell go off on the inside of me that is going to be so loud that not only am I going to hear it, but so is everybody else.14

Despite what Meyer’s feelings tell her, Scripture says otherwise. The apostle Peter is a constant reminder of our proclivity for committing error, and demonstrated, for example, by Christ’s rebuking of Peter for attempting to deter Him from His mission (Matt. 16:22-23; Mark 8:31-33), and later by being publicly rebuked by the apostle Paul for yielding to the pressure of the Judaizers (Gal. 2:11-21). Were it not possible for Meyer to fall into deception and error, Scripture’s repeated warnings (e.g., Matt. 24:4-5; Acts 20:28-31; Gal. 1:6-9; 2 Thess. 2:1-3; 2 Tim. 4:3-4; 2 Peter 2:1-3) would be meaningless.

Also problematic are some of Meyer’s beliefs regarding spiritual warfare. According to her, for instance, generational spirits supposedly torment families for generations with specific sins, and she even believes that a demon of lust torments her family. On one occasion she says,

I told you that there was a spirit of incest in my family bloodline….And the thing that I want you to understand today is when there’s a spirit like that in a bloodline, until some person believes on Jesus and takes the blood of Jesus and draws it across that natural bloodline, that devastation goes on for generations and generations….Well see, my father’s grandfather had problems and so his father had problems and so my dad had problems and so I had problems and so if I wouldn’t have stood and believed Jesus, my kids would have had problems and their kids would have had problems and so on and so on.15

Scripture, however, does not support the existence of a demon or spirit of lust, nor any demon of a particular sin. It is true that certain sins (e.g., alcoholism) are perpetuated and can affect families for generations (see Exod. 20:5; Num. 14:18), but these are the consequences of sin ¾ not generational spirits. James’ epistle is clear that we sin because of our own evil desires (v. 1:14). Demons cannot force us to sin; however, they can influence our behavior through temptation (e.g., Gen. 3:1-6). Nonetheless, we are ultimately held accountable for our actions (e.g., Ezek. 18:4, 20). If this were not so, we would have license to exclaim, “the Devil made me do it!”

Along similar lines, she believes that there are “mind-binding” spirits who keep multitudes of believers in a perpetual state of unbelief.16 Through deliverance, however, the attacks of mind-binding spirits will disappear. In her case, “when the spirits left, the ability to believe came rushing back.”17

Meyer overemphasizes and distorts the parameters in which God permits Satan and his angels to work, by attributing practically every negative experience to demonic activity. There is even a demon of accidents. For example, she recounts experiencing a close call while pulling into and out of a fast food restaurant parking lot. She shouts, “‘I rebuke the spirit of accidents, in the name of Jesus!’”18

Her false view of demonic activity propagates a paranoid and superstitious mindset, while obscuring the work of Christ, human accountability, and biblical views of spiritual warfare.

Because of Joyce Meyer’s adherence to a major tenet of Word of Faith theology and her subjective and unbiblical teachings concerning spiritual warfare, CRI cannot recommend her ministry.

--------------------
John 3:16+6\[/p..................For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,that whoever believed in Him should not perish but have everlasting life

Posts: 52 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Amen, I agree with you Carmela and I would be surprised if anyone thought you were running her down. But then I would not have thought you running her down if you had said she teaches thus and such and that is not correct according to this scripture.

Paul put Hymenaeus out of the fellowship of the church and Paul was not running him down, Paul put him out of fellowship because Paul loved him and knew that he had to learn not to blaspheme. Paul had to first judge that Hymenaeus did blaspheme, was a blasphemer! And no none of us are Paul's but Paul said do as I have spoken, taught and shown you.

We are not supposed to judge our brethern with regard to salvation, because no matter how bad it looks we cannot know what God is going to do in that person's life tomorrow or the next day or next year. 6 or so maybe a little more years ago I did not know enough scripture to tell you who Nehamiah was, and though I had been saved since a child I was living in the world and I was worldly, and my kids were hell bound, and I volunteered for Planned parenthood, and I had taught my children that abortion was a woman's business between her and God and no one else, amd I even once told my husband if God wanted to speak to me through Tarot Cards God would speak to me through them. I was a ignorant deceived fool! God was in a box called after I die and when I need something. But even then, God was cleaning me up. No one who knew me would have known where I was going with God.

We are supposed however commanded to judge sin, and we are supposed to judge error, and we are supposed rebuke and reprove each other, and we are supossed to preach the truth in season and out, and we are supposed to be apt to teach and we are supposed to be HIS light and HIS witness and the voice of HIS truth in this world and that means if you or I or anyone else is speaking and teaching contrary to the word we should say so.

It is a judgement to call someone a liar or to find someone to be a liar, would you not agree?

This is Jesus praising the church of Ephesus for this judgement:

Revelation 2:2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: 3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name’s sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.

Yes, he goes on to rebuke them too, but this is a praise for judgement.

These are rebukes for not judging properly:

Revelation 2:14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.
16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

So is this:

Revelation 2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

Jesus was not telling us to make no judgements when he spoke of the mote in one' eye. Jesus was telling us how to make just judgements. We are given the scripture that we can see our own sins and when they are removed that we can minister to our brothers helping them remove theirs.

Titus 1:13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
1 ¶ But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:

We do not have to be perfect to see and call sin sin and error error. We have the word for a standard. We do not need to be perfect to say to our brother, many you are wrong about this or you ought not do this or that, but we do have to love them with the love of Christ.

My prayer is that I may never be so rebellious as to not want to hear from my brother when he sees me in error, and my prayer is that God would surround me with the fellowship of those who love me and God enough to tell me when I am in error. Even if I cant see it at the moment, even if I chose to not heed it at the moment, at least I would make that choice deliberately and not because no one cared enough to tell me.

Does God chasten his children eho he loves?

Did Jesus not say this:

Revelation 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Did he not also say this:

John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Can we love each other as Christ loved us and not call each other to repentance?

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

1 Timothy 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

Titus 2:15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Titus 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

Hebrews 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

3870 parakalew parakaleo par-ak-al-eh’-o

from 3844 and 2564; TDNT-5:773,778; v

AV-beseech 43, comfort 23, exhort 21, desire 8, pray 6, intreat 3, misc 4, vr besought 1; 109

1) to call to one’s side, call for, summon
2) to address, speak to, (call to, call upon), which may be done in the way of exhortation, entreaty, comfort, instruction, etc.
2a) to admonish, exhort
2b) to beg, entreat, beseech
2b1) to strive to appease by entreaty
2c) to console, to encourage and strengthen by consolation, to comfort
2c1) to receive consolation, be comforted
2d) to encourage, strengthen
2e) exhorting and comforting and encouraging
2f) to instruct, teach

03198 xky yakach yaw-kahh’

a primitive root; v; {See TWOT on 865}

AV-reprove 23, rebuke 12, correct 3, plead 3, reason 2, chasten 2, reprover + 0376 2, appointed 1, arguing 1, misc 9; 59

1) to prove, decide, judge, rebuke, reprove, correct, be right
1a) (Hiphil)
1a1) to decide, judge
1a2) to adjudge, appoint
1a3) to show to be right, prove
1a4) to convince, convict
1a5) to reprove, chide
1a6) to correct, rebuke
1b) (Hophal) to be chastened
1c) (Niphal) to reason, reason together
1d) (Hithp) to argue

651 elegcw elegcho el-eg'-kho

of uncertain affinity; TDNT-2:473,221; v

AV-reprove 6, rebuke 5, convince 4, tell (one's) fault 1, convict 1; 17

1) to convict, refute, confute
1a) generally with a suggestion of shame of the person convicted
1b) by conviction to bring to the light, to expose
2) to find fault with, correct
2a) by word
2a1) to reprehend severely, chide, admonish, reprove
2a2) to call to account, show one his fault, demand an explanation
2b) by deed
2b1) to chasten, to punish

For Synonyms see entry 5884

You just cant get much more clear than that to me.

Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

I thought I should make something clear. I know I usually stay out of this section, although I have peeked in from time to time although I don't reply, but I wasn't running Joyce Meyer's down because I agree with some of her teachings. I can't say all since I don't listen to her very often. However, I also know that none of us are perfect. I am sure that there are things each of you wof'ers ( I think that's what I have seen your belief called in here) have things you believe that are not totally lining up with God's word. I say this because we all have flaws and I believe all denominations have areas that aren't perfect since we are all human. I know that I have believed things when I first got saved that God later revealed differently to me.

I am studying the books of Ezra, Nehemiah and Esther right now. I am noticing that the closer we get to God, the more of the junk within each of us gets exposed. I hope I'm saying this right and it doesn't get taken wrong. I know that even in my life, the closer I get to God, the more I see in me that isn't Godly. It's funny how we (everyone) can so easily judge others when we have things within ourselves that we should be more worried about. Please don't take this as an attack toward anyone person because I'm speaking in general here. Like if you look in the book of Esther, she had to go through 6 months of purification to get rid of the bitter things within her which in typology stands for cleansing. Then 6 months of purification which in typology stands for God putting forth Godliness within her.

This is so true in my life. Sometimes it's really hard when going through the cleansing, but when it's done I see that God is faithful to impart Godliness into my life in exchange for the imperfect.

I guess this is too much info. It's just on my mind.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Good points Hardcore and Carmela: Praying for someone in that regard would require you to acknowledge their being in error in the first place. This has been mentioned before, but i think it is so important. Sometimes I think that God lets us see the error for that specifice reason. If you blanketly defend someone who is in error and refuse to acknowledge their error, you are not going to be praying for God to lead them to see the truth and repent of their error. Calling good evil and evil good is never the right thing to do. You have ten become part of the problem yourself.

The scripture is very clear the process...

When you see a brother in error... go to the brother.

If the brother does not repent, go to the brother with one or two others from the church.

If the brother does not repent, mark the brother and have nothing to do with him

This happened with JM on this issue and she responded as she should and she repented. Did she stop believing this lie? Who knows, but she is not teaching it. What she believes is between her and God, what she teaches to the body is between the body as well.

Same thing with Osteen and that interview, when people went to him he responded as he ought and he corrected himself and he apologized. Was it sincere, I dont know that is between him and God, but what he espouses publically is between him and the body as well.

Does either of those instances mean that the body should blanketly defend either of them in the next error? NO!

Sin in the body is a body whole problem and teaching publically contrary to the word of God is sin. It affects every single person in the body.

Have people gone to others and confronted error? Yes! Did they repent? No. And worse some cursed those who oppose them, and others say they are right and dont care who opposes them... they mocks those who oppose him. That means they are to be marked for their error.

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
Joyce may have preached something in the past until God opened her eyes to the truth. The longer we remain Christians, the more revelation we receive. (we) meaning everyone. I know people always question why I use we or our statements.

This is why I think it's wrong to run people down when we should be praying for them instead.

Hey Carmela,

I know what you mean about the "we" and "our" thing. Due to the huge chance that someone somewhere will misunderstand our intent, we sometimes have to write as though we're talking to children. [Smile]

Hopefully Joyce's eyes have been opened to some past error. In theory, we all learn and grow. Maybe she'll turn the corner fully some day soon.

I don't think it's right to run people down either, but as you know, I also feel strongly about pointing out doctrinal error. We don't judge her, just what she says. Scripture backs this position clearly and solidly.

And you're right, we should indeed pray for those who are teaching falsely, as well as for those who follow them.

Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Joyce may have preached something in the past until God opened her eyes to the truth. The longer we remain Christians, the more revelation we receive. (we) meaning everyone. I know people always question why I use we or our statements.

This is why I think it's wrong to run people down when we should be praying for them instead.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement