Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Be Very Careful II (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Be Very Careful II
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, when I said (our) it wasn't meant to be thrown up at others. See, it wasn't too difficult to read each person's posts and see that I wasn't the only one that was getting tired of the posts that were plaguing the forum before. Not to mention how having to read comments from people that were putting each other down and sometimes just plain rude.

I didn't go to anyone in the forum and ask permission to talk to David. I did that on my own. See, although school keeps me away sometimes for a bit, I like posting here because it's a small forum and has some great people. People that are actually seeking the heart of God, in spite of whether we agree with each other or not. I have a feeling that part of the reason this forum is small is because people that don't agree with what others feel believe as being truth are pushed away quickly. I saw that many times and although it troubled me, I stayed out of it for the most part. See, Jesus loves EVERYONE. He even died for the sinners. You and I were once lost also and it is only through His divine revelation that we can see the truth. I don't put anyone down for their beliefs because instead I choose to praise God that at least people are searching for the truth. I pray for these people and wait for God to open their eyes. I can witness to others, but as Jesus told Peter (I'm quite tired but I believe it was Peter but either way the point is the same)it's only through revelation that he was able to see the truth.

I am so grateful that David was willing to open this forum though because I don't want to have to read and focus on other people's ministries. I want my focus to be on Christ alone. So, I like to have bible studies in that forum and not put my focus on things of this world. Running other ministries down is God's job, not mine. He will need to open their eyes. My focus is on Christ alone and sometimes I would read a post and not realize what it was about until after I read it. I love the Lord will all of my heart and my desire is to know Him more each day. I fall short because I'm not perfect but I walk daily with the goal of becoming more like Him. This isn't done by putting my focus on what others are doing, it's done by keeping my focus solely on what God is doing.

HFHS I would like to thank you for your kind words about me. I actually thought most people here hated me since I asked david to start a new forum. I don't mind if people disagree with me, but I hate reading posts where people are attacking each other. I know that BA wasn't thrilled with me asking for a seperate space for you either, but I wasn't trying to cause any division between us as individuals. My only intent was to have the bible study section be for bible study alone. After all, that was the name of that section. It wasn't a personal vendetta.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Satan just played an April fool's joke on this message board. He lost though...and always will.
Well was it funny???? nothing new, though that I missed it, my family teases me all the time for not getting the jokes people tell. [updown] [Confused]
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thank God for His Love and understanding today.

Satan just played an April fool's joke on this message board. He lost though...and always will.

Glory to God [clap2] [clap2]

nite all [zzzzzz]

We are blessed [thumbsup2]

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apology accepted. I'm sure I have read a scripture somewhere that says not to fail in forgiving your fellow brother or sister, because the next time it may be your turn to ask for forgiveness.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the thread:

http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003898

You are right HisGrace, it is purely speculative on my part to think that the "our" was you and Grandma Jo. I should not have done that,no matter how much reason I had for speculating... kind of like I should not have specualated that Paul took a Nazarite vow. Right? I am sometimes slow to learn, but I usually do eventually learn. I should have learned about speculating from our discussion on Paul's Nazarite vow and I did not. I have now I believe learned to take much greater care not to speculate. You have made a very good and vaild point and I hope you will accept my apologies, and I am glad to give Carmela all the credit as I can at least respect her reasons and she did demonstrate her honesty in those reasons with her actions.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 20 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HFHS would you please let us know who made the quotes in your 8:00 pm post. [Confused]
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
I maybe wrong and am I just speaking from personal memory, but it seems that it is not a matter with Hinn that he has prophesied somethings that have not yet come to pass but that he has prophesied some things that DID not come to pass when and as he prophesied they would. I cannot remmber the specific one that comes to mind, but I remember talking about it in a Bible study group and people talking about viewing to see it come to pass.

I would ask you, can someone prophesy Thus say it the Lord... falsely and be a servant of the Lord? Scripturally? What does the scripture say about those that prophesy in this manner falsely?

Here ya go, I put a thread here that lists several of Hinns False Prophecies: http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=53;t=000119

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
quote:
I never petitioned David to open an Exposing forum, but was really delighted when he decided to do so, and thought, "Good - out of sight, out of mind."

However, I go where the Lord sends me to defend the truth. I don't want to go to Africa either, but if the Lord told me to go, I would have no choice but to obey.

No ministry is perfect, but I have never seen anything in the WOF'ers doctrine that would hinder anyone's salvation.

Technically you are correct HisGrace, it was not you that wrote to david, it was our sister and your friend from another board whom you invited to join us here, Carmela and clearly from her posts on the subject she went and made that petition on behalf of you and GrandmaJoe as well as herself:

Here Carmela says "Our" intention: Who is this "Our"? Was it not you and Grandma Jo? There were only 5 who voted against these kind of threads in your little poll. I think it is pretty clear who at least 4 of those 5 are and not to difficult to know who the 5th one was. One person had no opinion.

This is pure speculation HFHS. I had probably spoken to Carmela concerning being frustrated about apostacy permeating every thread and she probably was too. The dialogue between her and David was strictly her doing and I didn't have anything to do with what they were discussing with each other. I have thanked her different time since about being faithful to her convictions. ALL OF THE CREDIT GOES TO CARMELA. [thumbsup2]

Who made this quote?
quote:
That isn't our intention, but anyone is welcome to read the posts. If you see that, we need to be informed because if David deletes them we won't realize what we said was offensive, the same goes if it is intentional. However, I feel it's best to tell us in PM rather than opening a whole drag out battle over it and then if that person continues, I would suggest sending David a PM and letting him know.
HFHS said to HisGace:
quote:
This is you: Thanks David. Hoping that this will somewhat help solve the problem of a very difficult situation.
Please when did I say the above? I am sure it was after I had taken the poll. I can positively assure you that the poll and the opening of the Exposing forum had absolutely nothing to do with each other.
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

quote:
Perhaps Hinn is a false prophet. I will leave that to the Lord as he is a servant of the Lord.

Then again, how long did the Jews wait for the Prophecies of the Old Testament?

Like Pleasemarantha stated, what is the(Hinn's) Fruit?

I maybe wrong and am I just speaking from personal memory, but it seems that it is not a matter with Hinn that he has prophesied somethings that have not yet come to pass but that he has prophesied some things that DID not come to pass when and as he prophesied they would. I cannot remmber the specific one that comes to mind, but I remember talking about it in a Bible study group and people talking about viewing to see it come to pass.

I would ask you, can someone prophesy Thus say it the Lord... falsely and be a servant of the Lord? Scripturally? What does the scripture say about those that prophesy in this manner falsely?

quote:
I want a REAL Christianity, not a theory. I want the REAL God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
I want relationship with The GOD who resurrected Christ from the dead and relationship through Jesus Christ our Savior. and calls (me) His friend.

I believe in the God who parted the Red Sea, and rolled away the Stone, and Who Created the Heavens and the Earth. He's Holy and He's Awesome and Mighty. Lightning comes out of His arm, and the whole earth shakes at his Voice.

I don't know what else to say.

God declared His Word NEVER GOES FORTH VOID.

I agree with this 100%. I also feel that what you see as rigidity does not hamper me from having this. Though there was a time in my life when it might have. I also believe that God meets us where we are and moves us to where he wants us to be. Sometimes I think that we forget that it is GOD that is the same yesterday, today and forever and is is us and our walk in this life that is progressive.

quote:

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2006 04:24 PM Profile for WhiteEagle Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote

quote:Originally posted by SoftTouch:
Here are some IMPORTANT Points made by Sister Linda (Helpforhomeschoolers) in the above posts:

quote:There are people right now who are in our churches believing they have all things and are blessed beyond measure and they are naked, and blind and luke warm! There are people who are sitting on church pews today that tomorrow may hear I never knew you. There are people right now in this world strugggling with their faith because some preacher is telling them that they are still dying of cancer because they have not enough faith! There are people right now as we speak in bondage to sin in their flesh because all they hear about in their church is how to get material wealth and their preacher doesnt preach or use the word sin. There are right now people in churches that cant pay their rent and the church doesnt know and couldnt help if they wanted to because the wealth of that church is being consumed by some speaker at a camp meeting where the people do flock looking for something that they are not getting in their own church.

quote:When you tell me that that I can look around at your 400k home and 200k jet and what ever you can think of that you feel is blessing of God and tell me that you are living your reward... this is a sign of your faith... I say you are a liar because you do not have more faith than Paul and he had none of that.. you do not have more faith than a watchman Nee and he would have had no part of that! The Bible says we are blessed with all spiritual blessing in the heavenlies and in this life we will suffer because this world hates us as it hated him.

quote:When you tell me that you are without sickness because of your great faith and your bold prayers and because you believe that by HIS stripes you are healed. I say why? Why do you think that you have more faith than Paul's companion Epaphroditus, who was sick... nigh to death? Why do you think that you have more faith than the one who goes to their death praising God while their body is ravished by cancer and their hair falls out and their pain is beyond measure? How true to the word of God would this message be for this saint with cancer that has peace, Joy and power in the Holy Ghost though her body is being devoured from the inside out? Which message speaks of God most to those who watch each of these lives? Which illustration speaks most loudly of God's majesty to the angels?????

quote:When you tell me that because you just learned to believe God that he will give you the desires of your heart, just simply ask and believe and cars and planes and homes and new dresses what ever just come to you because you have learned to believe for them... and God just wills to bless you, I have to ask, why do you think that your faith is greater than the one that treks up a mountainside daily without shoes to preach Jesus to those in a remote village somewhere in India where people are dying and going to hell? Who is more in the will of God? How true to the word of God would your message of health wealth and prosperity and favormindedness ring in his ears?

To which I add a hardy AMEN! These are some of the Destructive Heresies that are being taught by Word Faith teachers! They are Lies from the Pit of Hell – a total Twisting of Scripture made by those who claim to be teachers of God’s Holy Word… they are the Wolves in Sheeps Clothing who are deceiving and making merchandise of you!

Regarding Benny Hinn… He has been PROVEN (by his own words) to be a False Prophet many times over. Why would anyone listen to someone who prophecies falsely (and not just once, but Several Times!)

Softouch,

Linda is correct those things do happen, but they also happen in churches that are "so called preaching" what You would agree with, as the Truth.

Truth without the Holy Spirit's leading and the willingness of each person to submit and humble themselves to God alone is legalism.

Truth without LOVE of God is legalism.

Many churches of all brands do good for the Kingdom, and (some churches you would probably agree with in their teachings) have split due to adultry by the pastor, or deacons, or issues over how the MONEY should be spent.

Some churches which are those of whom, you would be agreeing with doctrinally split over even more petty reasons, and have "members" in them who practice all sorts of deviant behavior in private, yet put on a pious face for the world.

I agree with this too, which is why we must make scripture the standard, not denominations, not men, but the written word. Truth is the the written word and the Spirit cannot be separated. If one is truly submitted to the written word then one is also truly submitted to AGAPE love. But Agape love does not always look like we think it looks in the world. Sometimes Agape love is Jesus turning over tables in the temple and screaming you pharisee, you hipocrite, sometimes agape love looks like Paul turning Hymenaeous over to the devil that he learn not to blaspheme; sometimes it looks like Paul saying to Peter you are wrong!

quote:
Linda

It would be an interesting study about the 7 spirits of God. I have never studied that specifically, but am aware that scripture doesn't implicitly state that God is triune exclusively. Trinity has been a solid doctrinal dogma of the Church.

God is mysterious to us to say the least

I will post the thread and share some concerns, but I would like to dig into this 7 spirits thing. I have not either studied it. I do not think that it in any way is contrary to the fact that God is triune. I do think that we mortals have much dofficulty finding words to express that triunity however. Have you ever read some of the church fathers on this? Agustine committed his whole life work I think to trying to adaquately express this and defend it.
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

quote:
I never petitioned David to open an Exposing forum, but was really delighted when he decided to do so, and thought, "Good - out of sight, out of mind."

However, I go where the Lord sends me to defend the truth. I don't want to go to Africa either, but if the Lord told me to go, I would have no choice but to obey.

No ministry is perfect, but I have never seen anything in the WOF'ers doctrine that would hinder anyone's salvation.

Technically you are correct HisGrace, it was not you that wrote to david, it was our sister and your friend from another board whom you invited to join us here, Carmela and clearly from her posts on the subject she went and made that petition on behalf of you and GrandmaJoe as well as herself:

Here Carmela says "Our" intention: Who is this "Our"? Was it not you and Grandma Jo? There were only 5 who voted against these kind of threads in your little poll. I think it is pretty clear who at least 4 of those 5 are and not to difficult to know who the 5th one was. One person had no opinion.

quote:
That isn't our intention, but anyone is welcome to read the posts. If you see that, we need to be informed because if David deletes them we won't realize what we said was offensive, the same goes if it is intentional. However, I feel it's best to tell us in PM rather than opening a whole drag out battle over it and then if that person continues, I would suggest sending David a PM and letting him know.
This is you:
quote:
Thanks David. Hoping that this will somewhat help solve the problem of a very difficult situation.
Here is GrandmaJo:
quote:
David,

I want to thank you just ever so much for your posting in which I'm so much in agreement with.
I've wanted for so long for the focus to be only on Jesus Christ and for there to be a really good bible study in the bible study section where it should be and so have many others - some were those who've left. With your help, David, Carmela is attempting to make it be a reality and I pray also for God's help to make it be a reality so very soon. There is so much I and others want to learn.

You provided two sections for those who wish to expose the false teachers and that's a very good thing so that they can stay in their own section when they feel the need to be there and post there for that's their perogative to do so.

From what I read in the above postings it seems as though some attacks are continuing against Red Kermit and Carmela and this should not be happening because it's totally uncalled for. Also to the one who said that when I post, I'm "saluting." I'm not "saluting" however I'm encouraging. I also think that sarcasm and rudeness are totally uncalled for.

Please just let us have a truly good bible study in a bible study section and those of you who do not want to participate do not have to. The two sections for exposing false teachings are there on this board for those who wish to use it.

Jesus Christ needs to be and should be the focus and now please let us have our bible study in our bible study section.

Prior to this time, issues of false doctrine and apostasy had been viewed as opportunities for Bible Study by a good many here.

Carmela said that she wanted to remain in a bubble and not be exposed to what she saw as negativity. I can say that while I did not understand not just staying out of a thread that you did not like, I can find that Carmela is a very sweet young woman, and asset to this baord and someone who does seek God's Biblical truth and I can certainly respect Carmela's desire to avoid what she perceives as neagative. Once the new forum area was opened, she did do as she said and remain in the Bible study area and not in the apostasy area for the most part... there may be one instance or so of her going over there.

What you did prior to this was try to show that Deb's posts were not worthy of bandwidth in the first place....

http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=27;t=000125

What you did after the new area was created that you said you believed would solve the "problem" was to continue to visit the new area's and disrupt the threads and try to make them about the poster rather than the subject or blanketly defending the teacher with little to no regard for the scripture.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Pleasemaranatha:
There are other OT examples of people bringing false accusations in court against others but think for a moment of these New Testament examples.

Think firstly of our Savior Jesus and his being accused falsely.

Here we see Israel’s judicial system at its very worst, condemning the one who authored it.

The Pharisees were continually on the lookout in regards to finding things to charge Jesus with. They were also scheming and thinking of ways to get him and arrest him. Why? Because they hated him and wanted him dead.

When you of Jesus’ trial in the scriptures it says “they accused him of many things”. They accused him of opposing taxes to Caesar. They accused him of subverting their nation and of stirring up the people everywhere. They accused him of claiming to be the Christ, a king, etc, etc.

What was it that distinguished Jesus at his trial in face of all the accusations?

1. He did not reply to their charges. He remained silent and the scriptures say that Pilate was amazed at this

2. In the words of Pilate “I find no basis for a charge against him”

Jesus was innocent and yet he went to the cross dying a criminals death—not for his owns sins, because he was sinless, but for our sins which he bore upon the cross.

Very profound post Pleasemaranatha. We see how even Jesus was wrongly accused by the Pharisees.
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hardcore:
I'm taking a break for a minute. Now would be a good time for me to take a long overdue trip to the grocery store.

Scoot over Sis... I'm comin with ya! [wave3] Think I'll pick up some Tylenol while we're there [Wink]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have permission from BrotherJoe to post this. [Smile] Please answer the post above please when you get time. [Smile]

To Tell The Truth: Bearing A True Witness In A World Of Drama

Please don’t raise your hands, but how many of you have appeared in some sort of court before?

How many of you are aware that people have used and continue to use the "legal system" to ruin and destroy other people and to pervert what justice is all about.

Today we are going to be considering the 9th command which says “Do not bear false witness against your neighbor”

At the heart of this command stands the whole concept of justice—and we must not forget that Jesus came to establish a community of justice.

In order for there to be justice there needs to be truth. The cornerstone of the legal system is to be to be the truthfulness and honesty of those using it.

The problem that this command anticipates is people using the legal system and the courts to bring harm to other people.The way that this command anticipates people using false witness for such purposes is by their coming not as truth tellers but as false and malicious witnesses. ---False accusations against others, particularly in comparing it with the word of God, is what the 9th command specifically forbids.

Because what I am saying may seem as a new or strange take on 9th command please turn with me to Deuteronomy 19:15. In the book of Deuteronomy the 10 commandments are given in ch.5. Through the rest of the chapters of Deuteronomy the 10 commands are expanded up, clarified, and dealt with in some instances with case studies as it were. In Deut. 19:15 the 9th command is expanded upon when it says….. Hence proving my point to you that the 9th command first and foremost concerns the negative and untruthful things people will say about others while before the courts of people.

By the way: the principle and wisdom of having at least 2 witnesses in the judicial courts of the land to convict a person is carried on through into the operation into the church in the whole sphere of church discipline. For example in II Cor. 13:1 “Every matter must be established by 2 or 3 witnesses” and then in I Timothy 5:19 it says “Do not entertain an accusation against an elder unless it is brought by 2 or 3 witnesses”

By way of focus today, I want to walk you through some of the scriptures whereby false and accusing witnesses have destroyed innocent people. The applications and relevancy of this command will become obvious.

The scripture is full of examples of people using the legal system and the courts in a way that breaks the 9th command.

The scriptures recount for us incident after incident of people using their falase testimony to destroy and harm others.

Consider the account of Daniel in Daniel 6. Daniel, a Jew, in the land of Babylon was promoted far above all the other Babylonians around him. Jealously set in and as such those around him sought to find grounds for charges against him in his conduct of government affairs, but they were unable to do so. The scriptures tell us that because they were unable to find anything to charge him with , because he was trustworthy and neither corrupt nor negligent, that they schemed to find a reason for charging him on the basis of his faith in God. These schemers then convinced the king to change the laws, forcing Daniel to break the law in order to keep his faith. The result was this: God protected Daniel and those who accused him and schemed against him got their due reward.

Think also for a moment of the account of I Kings 21. A certain king named Ahab wanted a man named Naboth’s vineyard. Ahab offered to buy it, Naboth refused to sell it to him. Ahab went home and sulked until his wicked wife Jezebel came up with a plan to get Naboth’s vineyard. The plan involved these details recorded for us in the scriptures “Proclaim a day of fasting and seat Naboth in a prominent place among the people. But seat two scoundrels opposite him and have them testify that he has cursed both God and the king. Then take him out and stone him to death”. The plan went exactly that way to with the result that Ahab ended up with Naboth’s vineyard—but note this, God saw what happened and sent his prophet to Ahab with news of his impending judgment.

David had to deal with many who falsely accused him. In Psalms 35 he speaks of those who are his enemies and how they hate him without reason and devise false accusations against him and many others. David’s cry to God is this “O LORD, you have seen this; be not silent. Do not be far from me, O LORD. Awake, and rise to my defense! Contend for me, my God and Lord. Vindicate me in your righteousness, O LORD my God; do not let them gloat over me.”

Indeed, God did rescue David, putting to shame his enemies and exalting his chosen servant.

There are other OT examples of people bringing false accusations in court against others but think for a moment of these New Testament examples.

Think firstly of our Savior Jesus and his being accused falsely.

Here we see Israel’s judicial system at its very worst, condemning the one who authored it.

The Pharisees were continually on the lookout in regards to finding things to charge Jesus with. They were also scheming and thinking of ways to get him and arrest him. Why? Because they hated him and wanted him dead.

When you of Jesus’ trial in the scriptures it says “they accused him of many things”. They accused him of opposing taxes to Caesar. They accused him of subverting their nation and of stirring up the people everywhere. They accused him of claiming to be the Christ, a king, etc, etc.

What was it that distinguished Jesus at his trial in face of all the accusations?

1. He did not reply to their charges. He remained silent and the scriptures say that Pilate was amazed at this

2. In the words of Pilate “I find no basis for a charge against him”

Jesus was innocent and yet he went to the cross dying a criminals death—not for his owns sins, because he was sinless, but for our sins which he bore upon the cross.

Another N.T example of someone being falsely accused in court is Paul.

Because of his telling others about Jesus and convincing many people that Jesus was God, that he was the Savior, that he had risen from the dead, and that he must be turned to for salvation and forgiveness, he found for himself many enemies. These enemies of him continually sought to arrest him and kill him. Hence, time and time again Paul found himself in court and on trial for his faith, defending himself against the false accusations of many witnesses.

God helped Paul and gave him the words to speak in his defense.

The Bible tells that as Christians we can expect to experience similar opposition as Paul, Jesus, and the other saints of the Bible.

Because the people of the world hate the light of God’s revelation it means that they will hate us when we declare to them God’s truths. As a result of this, we can and must expect opposition and must not be surprised if we ever find ourselves on trial and falsely accused because of our faith in Jesus Christ.

How are we to respond if people falsely accuse us in the public square and before the courts and in front of audiences?

I Peter 2:11-12 “Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us."

Consider also Luke 12:11-12 where Jesus says “When you are brought before synagogues, rulers and authorities, do not worry about how you will defend yourselves or what you will say, for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say”

I Peter 2:20-23 says “But when you do good and suffer for it, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God. For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example; that you should follow His steps: “Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in his mouth” who, when he was reviled/maligned, did not revile in return; when he suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously.

We must not be surprised if the people of the world maliciously use their false testimony lagainst us who are God’s people.

If such happens, and the Bible warns us it can and most certainly will, we can take comfort in the fact, that even if we suffer great loss, our God will not let the sin of those who commit such wicked deeds go unpunished.

Daniels accusers were eaten lions. David in Psalms 109:29 speaks of how his accusers will be overcome with shame. Ahab and Jezebel came to terrible ends for their murder of Naboth.

The point is this: Vengeance is the Lord’s and He will not let the wicked go unpunished for their deeds. He will not let those who use the courts to destroy and ruin others go unpunished.

ONE VERY IMPORTANT THING TO CONSIDER THAT IS DIRECTLY CONNECTED WITH THE 9TH COMMAND which says “Do not bear false witness against another person”

Satan is the chief accuser of those of us who are Christians and in the courts of God he falsely accuses us. The Bible tells us that he is the Father of lies and that in every respect he hates and wishes harm against those who are the children of God.

Please turn with me to Zechariah 3:1-5

What an amazing picture. Note the salvation picture here as well. When we came to Christ what did God do for us. Clean robes, purified, made holy, able to come before him. Satan rebuked.

Please also turn with me to Revelations 12:10. In v.10 Satan is called the accuser of the brethren who accuses before our God day and night.

In the courts of God, Satan has accused and it seems continues to accuse the saints of God. Yet for us who are Christians, there stands for us One who is our defender; the Lord Jesus Christ, who testifies to God the Father on our behalf that we are his and that his blood has been shed for the forgiveness of our sins.

By way of encouragement listen to this verse from I John 2:1 “My little children, these things I write to you, that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.”

God’s justice will reign though and in the mean time we are to be what Jesus came to establish- a people of justice who use our tongues at all times and in all places not to harm others, but to benefit others and to praise our God.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Father, We thank you for your word and ask that you would help us. Take away the offenses of others and fill us with your Spirit. Let us not be wrapped up in the accusations of this world, but give us peace that we may be without blemish. Forgive those Lord that have done wrong against us and show them your truth, not for our sake Lord but that you may be real to them, in their hearts and in their lives.

In Jesus name

AMEN

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Hardcore,

I asked in a pm but you didn't answer yet so will post my question here?

I am serious! Which churches or religions are correct to attend?

Which television ministers are alright in all your opinions to watch where they would not be called false prophets.

What do suggest to us or unbelievers on the correct religion or tv ministry issues?????????

Is the 700 club alright in all your opinions?

With whom (which group of humans) can we worship or study with in all of your opinions?

thanks [Smile] this is confusing [updown]

--------------------

Joyce

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:

However, I go where the Lord sends me to defend the truth.

Are you kidding me with this?

Between this comment and WhiteEagle saying that Benny Hinn is good, I'm actually speechless at the moment. There's nothing I could say right now that wouldn't sound unbelievably rude or unkind. Lord have mercy on us all.

I'm taking a break for a minute. Now would be a good time for me to take a long overdue trip to the grocery store.

Shake up is a good thing! Speechlessness can be wisdom. [Wink]
Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda

It would be an interesting study about the 7 spirits of God. I have never studied that specifically, but am aware that scripture doesn't implicitly state that God is triune exclusively. Trinity has been a solid doctrinal dogma of the Church.

God is mysterious to us to say the least. [Wink]

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Perhaps Hinn is a false prophet. I will leave that to the Lord as he is a servant of the Lord.

Then again, how long did the Jews wait for the Prophecies of the Old Testament?

Like Pleasemarantha stated, what is the(Hinn's) Fruit?

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:

However, I go where the Lord sends me to defend the truth.

Are you kidding me with this?

Between this comment and WhiteEagle saying that Benny Hinn is good, I'm actually speechless at the moment. There's nothing I could say right now that wouldn't sound unbelievably rude or unkind. Lord have mercy on us all.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
Here are some IMPORTANT Points made by Sister Linda (Helpforhomeschoolers) in the above posts:

quote:
There are people right now who are in our churches believing they have all things and are blessed beyond measure and they are naked, and blind and luke warm! There are people who are sitting on church pews today that tomorrow may hear I never knew you. There are people right now in this world strugggling with their faith because some preacher is telling them that they are still dying of cancer because they have not enough faith! There are people right now as we speak in bondage to sin in their flesh because all they hear about in their church is how to get material wealth and their preacher doesnt preach or use the word sin. There are right now people in churches that cant pay their rent and the church doesnt know and couldnt help if they wanted to because the wealth of that church is being consumed by some speaker at a camp meeting where the people do flock looking for something that they are not getting in their own church.
quote:
When you tell me that that I can look around at your 400k home and 200k jet and what ever you can think of that you feel is blessing of God and tell me that you are living your reward... this is a sign of your faith... I say you are a liar because you do not have more faith than Paul and he had none of that.. you do not have more faith than a watchman Nee and he would have had no part of that! The Bible says we are blessed with all spiritual blessing in the heavenlies and in this life we will suffer because this world hates us as it hated him.
quote:
When you tell me that you are without sickness because of your great faith and your bold prayers and because you believe that by HIS stripes you are healed. I say why? Why do you think that you have more faith than Paul's companion Epaphroditus, who was sick... nigh to death? Why do you think that you have more faith than the one who goes to their death praising God while their body is ravished by cancer and their hair falls out and their pain is beyond measure? How true to the word of God would this message be for this saint with cancer that has peace, Joy and power in the Holy Ghost though her body is being devoured from the inside out? Which message speaks of God most to those who watch each of these lives? Which illustration speaks most loudly of God's majesty to the angels?????
quote:
When you tell me that because you just learned to believe God that he will give you the desires of your heart, just simply ask and believe and cars and planes and homes and new dresses what ever just come to you because you have learned to believe for them... and God just wills to bless you, I have to ask, why do you think that your faith is greater than the one that treks up a mountainside daily without shoes to preach Jesus to those in a remote village somewhere in India where people are dying and going to hell? Who is more in the will of God? How true to the word of God would your message of health wealth and prosperity and favormindedness ring in his ears?
To which I add a hardy AMEN! These are some of the Destructive Heresies that are being taught by Word Faith teachers! They are Lies from the Pit of Hell – a total Twisting of Scripture made by those who claim to be teachers of God’s Holy Word… they are the Wolves in Sheeps Clothing who are deceiving and making merchandise of you!

Regarding Benny Hinn… He has been PROVEN (by his own words) to be a False Prophet many times over. Why would anyone listen to someone who prophecies falsely (and not just once, but Several Times!)

Softouch,

Linda is correct those things do happen, but they also happen in churches that are "so called preaching" what You would agree with, as the Truth.

Truth without the Holy Spirit's leading and the willingness of each person to submit and humble themselves to God alone is legalism.

Truth without LOVE of God is legalism.

Many churches of all brands do good for the Kingdom, and (some churches you would probably agree with in their teachings) have split due to adultry by the pastor, or deacons, or issues over how the MONEY should be spent.

Some churches which are those of whom, you would be agreeing with doctrinally split over even more petty reasons, and have "members" in them who practice all sorts of deviant behavior in private, yet put on a pious face for the world.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Joyce,What they're saying is true. It was HisGrace and a few others who petitioned David (the owner of this board) to create this section so they didn't have to 'deal' with reading our threads exposing the Error and Falsehoods of certain teachers/self-proclaimed prophets. Now, the same folks who wanted this section so bad (so they didn't have to read this stuff) are coming in here and complaining... it doesn't make any sense to me.

I explained to you in private (because you asked me) that it's not that we don't 'like' anyone... it's about God's Word and keeping it Unadultrated or UnTwisted, and Prayerfully, in the process, pulling some folks out of the Fake Fire of the False Word Faith movement (as well as other Apostate movements which are on the rise).

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WhiteEagle:

quote:
Hardcore writes: Can you please tell us which heresy you are seeing?
quote:
WhiteEagle replies: Christians attacking other Christians over doctrinal side issues.

What I see is that you are not Reading Linda's posts here or you would understand that those teachings are not side issues but Destructive Hersies.

I disagree. I'll try to say this in Love:

What I see, is that many of you are totally misunderstanding what these ministers are saying.
I don't claim to know why you misunderstand them.

Many things are taken out of context. Many assumptions are made of of rigidity.

That's what I truly see.

I want a REAL Christianity, not a theory. I want the REAL God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
I want relationship with The GOD who resurrected Christ from the dead and relationship through Jesus Christ our Savior. and calls (me) His friend.

I believe in the God who parted the Red Sea, and rolled away the Stone, and Who Created the Heavens and the Earth. He's Holy and He's Awesome and Mighty. Lightning comes out of His arm, and the whole earth shakes at his Voice.

I don't know what else to say.

God declared His Word NEVER GOES FORTH VOID.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
There are people right now who are in our churches believing they have all things and are blessed beyond measure and they are naked, and blind and luke warm! There are people who are sitting on church pews today that tomorrow may hear I never knew you. There are people right now in this world strugggling with their faith because some preacher is telling them that they are still dying of cancer because they have not enough faith! There are people right now as we speak in bondage to sin in their flesh because all they hear about in their church is how to get material wealth and their preacher doesnt preach or use the word sin. There are right now people in churches that cant pay their rent and the church doesnt know and couldnt help if they wanted to because the wealth of that church is being consumed by some speaker at a camp meeting where the people do flock looking for something that they are not getting in their own church.
quote:
When you tell me that that I can look around at your 400k home and 200k jet and what ever you can think of that you feel is blessing of God and tell me that you are living your reward... this is a sign of your faith... I say you are a liar because you do not have more faith than Paul and he had none of that.. you do not have more faith than a watchman Nee and he would have had no part of that! The Bible says we are blessed with all spiritual blessing in the heavenlies and in this life we will suffer because this world hates us as it hated him.
quote:
When you tell me that you are without sickness because of your great faith and your bold prayers and because you believe that by HIS stripes you are healed. I say why? Why do you think that you have more faith than Paul's companion Epaphroditus, who was sick... nigh to death? Why do you think that you have more faith than the one who goes to their death praising God while their body is ravished by cancer and their hair falls out and their pain is beyond measure? How true to the word of God would this message be for this saint with cancer that has peace, Joy and power in the Holy Ghost though her body is being devoured from the inside out? Which message speaks of God most to those who watch each of these lives? Which illustration speaks most loudly of God's majesty to the angels?????
quote:
When you tell me that because you just learned to believe God that he will give you the desires of your heart, just simply ask and believe and cars and planes and homes and new dresses what ever just come to you because you have learned to believe for them... and God just wills to bless you, I have to ask, why do you think that your faith is greater than the one that treks up a mountainside daily without shoes to preach Jesus to those in a remote village somewhere in India where people are dying and going to hell? Who is more in the will of God? How true to the word of God would your message of health wealth and prosperity and favormindedness ring in his ears?

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

I love you too White Eagle; Actually, this that you speak of here is of personal importance to me, would you mind if I opended another thread with this quote below?

I would like to discuss some of this with you and with others, and Yahsway said something in her post that I think applies to this.

I believe that we can discuss this as adults and I would like to. I do not always agree with you; I dont agree with you on these teachers, but I do respect and understand your passion to not have people fail to see a spiritual side of things.

If bygrace is willing I would like to see her join us as well because she has personal knowledge of Mormonism and that is part of this that I would like to disguss. I will wait for your reply before starting a thread.

quote:
You see this is what I'm talking about. Linda, I love ya, but..... all this fuss about what Benny Hinn says about God being triune x 3.

It might surprise you that in scripture that Revelation talks about the 7 Spirit of God.

Rev.1:4, Rev. 3:1, and Rev 4:5.

Zechariah 3:9, 4:2, mentions about the seven spirits of God and in Zechariah 4:2-6 which is the vision of Zechariah of the 7 lights on the lampstand and the 2 witnessess. Altogether the 9 components is called the Word of the Lord to Zerubbabel by the angel. Then the well-known verse of Not by power, nor by might, but by My Spirit sayeth the Lord.

Zechariah 4:10 says that 7 is the number of the eyes of the Lord, which range throughout the earth.

God is more more more than we can fathom in His layers and facets and dimentions.

Yes I believe in the trinity concept due to 1 John in that the 3 bear witness in heaven, and other verses, but to remind you all, that the Word Trinity is NOT in the Bible. I could be wrong, and please correct me with scripture and verse, but I don't recall any verse in the Bible that says distinctly that "God in 3 persons, blessed Trinity". (that's from a song btw)

I don't know if Hinn is correct, but what he is spouting does NOT affect Salvation through Jesus Christ alone.

I stand by what I wrote to Caretaker. Writing pious words does not make one more spiritual. Even the disciples didn't recognize Jesus when He showed up after the Resurrection at first.

By the way: great to see you Cathy. Hope you are here for a while!
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:

....and still, Hisgrace, you come in over and over as if you were the "post police".

If indeed you are bothered so very much, why do you continue to enter? It is just baffling!

good grief.
[Roll Eyes]

by_grace!!!! Now there's a "grace" that's truly a sight for sore eyes around here.

I couldn't agree with you more; or HFHS or Caretaker.

The lack of discernment on this board, particularly in the "Exposing" forum, never ceases to amaze me; and yet, the bible tells us this would happen. How one can admit that they watch Benny Hinn or Kenneth Copeland and then turn around and try to convince themselves and others that they have discernment, is beyond me. They only fool themselves - darn near zero credibility for me at this point.

You're right, the "post police" in here are the very ones who whined and whined about these conversations; so much so that a new room was created. And yet here they are. Go figure. Apparently our threads weren't really that disturbing to them after all.

Oh well, as long as people continue to defend these false teachings, it gives us an opportunity to get the Truth out. Thankfully, not everyone will be deceived. [Wink]

Good to see you! [/QB][/QUOTE]

Again:

WHAT IS TRUTH?"

If I were still going to the Baptist church of my childhood, I would most likely agree with you.

Praise God! He took me out of that Bondage of legalism and one-dimentionsal living.

God's TRUTH is found in Jesus Christ and is a LIVING, BREATHING, VITAL, and ABUNDANT AND DOESN'T LEAVE US WHERE WE WERE.

WE all see through the glass darkly, and what I see is the bondage in the darkness when people degrade things they do not yet understand.

The TRUTH takes us to the dark areas of our hearts and shines the light on it.

God is NOT one dimentional and flat like the pages on one's Bible.

I certainly don't know all Truth, like you think you do.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:

quote:
Hardcore writes: Can you please tell us which heresy you are seeing?
quote:
WhiteEagle replies: Christians attacking other Christians over doctrinal side issues.

What I see is that you are not Reading Linda's posts here or you would understand that those teachings are not side issues but Destructive Hersies.

--------------------

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
quote:
Well, I didn't request that. I'm here, and I'm seeing lots of heresy, but not what you think it is.

Can you please tell us which heresy you are seeing?
Christians attacking other Christians over doctrinal side issues.
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I do know some false prophets and teachers. But some of the ones you name are good not bad.

Which ones would those be?
Let's see, The Mormons preach a different Jesus, so do the Jehovah Witnesses, and the Muslims also preach as Different Jesus, as well as the New Age movement.
Pleasemaranatha mentioned that some that we think are bad, are actually good. That's what I was asking. Which ones are the good ones that we are misinformed about?
Hardcore, the "good" ones are Benny Hinn, Joyce Meyers, and Kenneth Copeland, and Joel Olstein.

They all preach salvation through Christ.

They also preach an application of the Christian walk which is new to the stagnant 1950's Christianity. What they preach is really not new, but only seems new, it's still the same Gospel and Bible and they preach a relationship with God after we get saved.

We all need to have our own walk with Jesus, and all of us have differences in how we might apply certain Bible promises.

But I do not call that heresy.

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well, I didn't request that. I'm here, and I'm seeing lots of heresy, but not what you think it is.

Can you please tell us which heresy you are seeing?
Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Hardcore,

I was asking in regard to the verses in Matt.7 about how a good tree cannot produce bad fruit.

I don't want to list the false prophets. I will keep that between God and me. I was not called to do what you and others do here. God has other things for me to do.

Please God bring peace to these boards with your love. Your Will Lord not ours be done.

--------------------

Joyce

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
quote:
quote:
I do know some false prophets and teachers. But some of the ones you name are good not bad.

Let's see, The Mormons preach a different Jesus, so do the Jehovah Witnesses, and the Muslims also preach as Different Jesus, as well as the New Age movement.
Pleasemaranatha mentioned that some that we think are bad, are actually good. That's what I was asking. Which ones are the good ones that we are misinformed about?
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
quote:

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Joyce,

What they're saying is true. It was HisGrace and a few others who petitioned David (the owner of this board) to create this section so they didn't have to 'deal' with reading our threads exposing the Error and Falsehoods of certain teachers/self-proclaimed prophets. Now, the same folks who wanted this section so bad (so they didn't have to read this stuff) are coming in here and complaining... it doesn't make any sense to me.

I explained to you in private (because you asked me) that it's not that we don't 'like' anyone... it's about God's Word and keeping it Unadultrated or UnTwisted, and Prayerfully, in the process, pulling some folks out of the Fake Fire of the False Word Faith movement (as well as other Apostate movements which are on the rise).

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

In Rev 4:5 ..."before the throne seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits of God."

OK that's pretty straightforward verse. YET.....
Some People have twisted scripture and used their own rigid idea that God is Triune only, and say that the number seven here only means "Completion" or "Fullness" of the Godhead, since God created the world in 7 seven days, etc, etc, and the number 7 is the number of completion, etc.

But, you know what, I don't find that doctrine in the Bible. Yes in relation to Creation God rested the 7th Day. But to add to that fact is IN FACT TWISTING SCRIPTURE AS CARETAKER LIKES TO SAY

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

You see this is what I'm talking about. Linda, I love ya, but..... all this fuss about what Benny Hinn says about God being triune x 3.

It might surprise you that in scripture that Revelation talks about the 7 Spirit of God.

Rev.1:4, Rev. 3:1, and Rev 4:5.

Zechariah 3:9, 4:2, mentions about the seven spirits of God and in Zechariah 4:2-6 which is the vision of Zechariah of the 7 lights on the lampstand and the 2 witnessess. Altogether the 9 components is called the Word of the Lord to Zerubbabel by the angel. Then the well-known verse of Not by power, nor by might, but by My Spirit sayeth the Lord.

Zechariah 4:10 says that 7 is the number of the eyes of the Lord, which range throughout the earth.

God is more more more than we can fathom in His layers and facets and dimentions.

Yes I believe in the trinity concept due to 1 John in that the 3 bear witness in heaven, and other verses, but to remind you all, that the Word Trinity is NOT in the Bible. I could be wrong, and please correct me with scripture and verse, but I don't recall any verse in the Bible that says distinctly that "God in 3 persons, blessed Trinity". (that's from a song btw)

I don't know if Hinn is correct, but what he is spouting does NOT affect Salvation through Jesus Christ alone.

I stand by what I wrote to Caretaker. Writing pious words does not make one more spiritual. Even the disciples didn't recognize Jesus when He showed up after the Resurrection at first.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Joyce,

What they're saying is true. It was HisGrace and a few others who petitioned David (the owner of this board) to create this section so they didn't have to 'deal' with reading our threads exposing the Error and Falsehoods of certain teachers/self-proclaimed prophets. Now, the same folks who wanted this section so bad (so they didn't have to read this stuff) are coming in here and complaining... it doesn't make any sense to me.

--------------------

Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shame on you. I don't understand this tone.

How childish and sinful.

This isn't the way God wants this to be. [Eek!]

--------------------

Joyce

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
Originally posted by by_grace:
Amen HFHS! my thoughts exactly.

I was thinking the very same thing when I saw yet another "I am leaving" thread.

how many times does this make now? and all over the same silliness.

This part of the forum has been put here by David as was requested....and still, Hisgrace, you come in over and over as if you were the "post police".

If indeed you are bothered so very much, why do you continue to enter? It is just baffling!

good grief.
[Roll Eyes]

by_grace!!!! Now there's a "grace" that's truly a sight for sore eyes around here.

I couldn't agree with you more; or HFHS or Caretaker.

The lack of discernment on this board, particularly in the "Exposing" forum, never ceases to amaze me; and yet, the bible tells us this would happen. How one can admit that they watch Benny Hinn or Kenneth Copeland and then turn around and try to convince themselves and others that they have discernment, is beyond me. They only fool themselves - darn near zero credibility for me at this point.

You're right, the "post police" in here are the very ones who whined and whined about these conversations; so much so that a new room was created. And yet here they are. Go figure. Apparently our threads weren't really that disturbing to them after all.

Oh well, as long as people continue to defend these false teachings, it gives us an opportunity to get the Truth out. Thankfully, not everyone will be deceived. [Wink]

Good to see you!

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Ah HisGrace you are still here. [wave3] I thought you might be here all along and if not I thought you would certainly be back; If I am really honest about my thoughts on your opening post here, I saw it as a ploy to have people jump in and say "Oh, HisGrace.. dont go!" as you have in the past made posts such as the one that opened this thread and then come back. I had no reason to believe that it would be any different this time. Some people just need that kind of attention every once and a while. That is why I did not respond to the opening post of this thread.

Exactly [thumbsup2]

And AMEN on your Post about Drews post to HisGrace

And Welcome Back By_Grace!!!! It's good to see you here Sis! [hug]

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
quote:
White Eagle writes to Caretaker: The Trouble is regarding your quote about teaching contrary to the Word of God.... YOu are basing it on a very rigid and narrow view according to the judgement of Caretaker.

I'll go with the Holy Spirit, thank you very much.

The Holy Spirit does not contradict scripture. None of us should be interpreting scripture... we should be seeking to see how the scripture interprets scripture. The Holy Spirit will never cause someone to interpret scripture in such a way that scripture contradicts with what the Holy Spirit is teaching.

quote:
Also Benny Hinn has not denied that Christ is come in the Flesh. He preaches Christ, in a fullness that you are not able to receive.

That's my opinion.

I know you did not write the above to me, but how much do you listen to Hinn? Have you read any of his books? I dont know what it is that Hinn preaches, and I would not call it Christ, though he does; I might call it gnosticism with a twist, but I am thankful not to be able to receive it. This is a good example of what I speak of:

quote:
"See, God the Father is a person, God the Son is a person, God the Holy Spirit is a person. But each one of them is a triune being by himself. If I can shock you, and maybe I should, there's nine of them."13 Hinn clearly rejects the orthodox doctrine of the Trinity for a bizarre formulation which is, in effect, tri-theism to the third power! While tri-theism is, as we have seen, a somewhat popular dogma taught by Bible teachers like Jimmy Swaggart, Hinn's formulation of this takes on a new dimension. In orthodox Trinitarianism, God is said to be one in substance, and three in person. Benny Hinn abandons this formula by insisting upon defining the persons in the Godhead in such a way as to destroy the idea of God existing in only one substance. For Hinn, God is not one in substance at all, but only one in purpose. Hinn writes of the Godhead, "what is true about one does not necessarily apply to all three. They are different, even in the way They move and in the way They talk. We've already discussed the fact that members of the Godhead are distinct persons -- yet they are one."14 But what does Hinn mean by his orthodox sounding assertion that they are one? "The Trinity, as we will see, is comprised of three distinct and unique entities. But you need to understand Their Oneness -- Their unity. It is essential that you recognize that the all-embracing Oneness we are talking about is connected to the work of the Godhead" (Italics in the original).15

Thus the oneness found in the Godhead is related only to the work of God, what is spoken of as the economic relationship within the Trinity. Hinn then goes on to cite I Corinthians 12:5-6 as a definition of the oneness of God. "There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but the same God who works in all." This text is used to set out how the oneness of God is economic (characteristic of tri-theism), rather than ontological (that is, one in substance, as in orthodox Trinitarianism).

Paul was unfolding the working of the Godhead. He explained that the Lord Jesus is the administrator, the Father is the operator, and the Holy Ghost is the manifestor....What is the primary work of the Father? He operates. And what about the Son? He administrates the operation of the Father. And the Holy Ghost manifests the administration of that operation.16

In other words, according to Hinn, what Paul is telling us is that these three distinct "gods," each with a body, a soul and a spirit, work so well together, and in such harmony that they are one - kind of one big, happy, divine family if you will!

In order to interpret Paul in this fashion, and to make him out to be a fellow tri-theist, Hinn must reject what orthodox Christians have considered the essential element to make sense of the Biblical data describing God as existing in three distinct persons. This is the fundamental point that the three persons of the Godhead are one in purpose because they are one in substance. The Scriptures repeatedly declare that there is only one God, and that each of the three persons of the Trinity mentioned in the Scriptures - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit - are each called God. If these persons are not one in substance, then logically they are three distinct gods, each with their own unique substances. This reduces Christianity to polytheism. Benny Hinn, therefore, is not orthodox in his views on the Trinity. He leaves us with three distinct gods, who are each triune (with body, soul and spirit), and who do not share the same common substance, but are only one in purpose. Hinn's "god" therefore, is three in substance and nine in person. This is simply nonsense, for it amounts to tri-theism.

You can read this article in full at:

http://www.modernreformation.org/krhinn.htm

The above is not from some "heresy hunter" webiste either, it was written by Dr. Kim Riddlebarger for Modern Reformation Magazine; Dr. Riddlebarger is the senior pastor of Christ Reformed Church in Anaheim, CA [URCNA], visiting professor of systematic theology at Westminster Seminary California, and co-host of The White Horse Inn radio program. I do not agree with him on all matters of theology, but i believe that the article does address some major issues with Hinn and does document well its sources, as you can see in the Bibliography.

quote:
White Eagle says to Drew:It's ironic that you quote Romans 8:35-39 about the Love of Christ after you have backstabbed the very ministers of the Gospel of whom you disagree with and call heretics.
What is your definition of backstabbing? I cannot see any where that Drew has ever backstabbed anyone. Can you show an example of what you feel was backstabbing?

quote:
White Eagle: Sometimes when I'm reading these discussions, I believe with great fear, that if Christ Himself posted on this forum; you and some others would attack Him as being the son of the DEVIL, just as the Pharisees did.

Just my opinion.

I have to tell you that because I find Drew to be a very solid person both doctrinally and personally, and I have seen in him much much much spiritual fruit, I was offened to read this.

One can be deceived and deny scriptural truth; one can be ignorant of scriptural truth; one can naivly and blindly defend the devil's work belieiving it to be good. Ignorance, deception, niavity can cause us to mistake the enemy for good.

BUT there is only 1 way to mistake Christ for the enemy as the Pharisee did....there is only one way that one could attack Christ as the Pharisee did and that is to lack knowledge of the Father and indwelling and sealing of the Holy Spirit... to be an unregenerate man... not born again.

It is one thing to diagree with what you see as someone's "interpetation" of the Bible; it is quite another to say what you have just said to Drew. I pray that you just have not thought through the implications of this statement.

AMEN and AMEN!!!

--------------------

Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clap2] Welcome HisGrace [clap2]

I am happy you are back. [Smile]

--------------------

Joyce

by_grace
Advanced Member
Member # 5340

Icon 19 posted      Profile for by_grace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen HFHS! my thoughts exactly.

I was thinking the very same thing when I saw yet another "I am leaving" thread.

how many times does this make now? and all over the same silliness.

This part of the forum has been put here by David as was requested....and still, Hisgrace, you come in over and over as if you were the "post police".

good grief.
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
To "love thy neighbor as thyself" is not expressed by forfeiting, twisting or reinterpreting the Word of God for the cause of unity. It is expressed by hearing, obeying and proclaiming the whole council of God regardless of whom it might offend.

Posts: 25 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey HFHS, I saw that show on TBN when Hinn was talking to Paul Crouch about God being triune in Himself, and Jesus was triune in himself and the Holy Spirit being triune in Himself.

I remember the look on Paul Crouches face. I told my husband, who was also watching at that time, to look at the shock on Pauls face. I thought surely Paul Crouch would disagree, but he did not.

I don't know if you know anyting about the Mormon religion, but this is one of their teachings also. That there are actually 9 Gods in the total Godhead.

it kinda shocked me to hear BH proclaim that, seeing as he was raised and baptised in the Greek Orthodox church. And what really shocks me is that no one at TBN called him on it.

Not to mention some of the prophecies Benny Hinn has put out that never came true.

Now Im not saying he doesn't preach Christ, but i am saying he is adding to the word. Imagine if you will, that some Mormon was watching the TBN show that day and heard what BH said about the Godhead. They would probably say to themselves, "hey, here is a man who is teaching one of our doctrines, so we must have it right".

This is hypothetical, but it could have happened.
Maybe BH wants to be all things to all peoples and mixes a little bit of this churches teachings with that curches teachings, add some from Jesus's teachings and before you know it, all will come togethere under One Ecumenical Church.

As believers, we do have the right to question why someone would think that God is actually 9 persons. I certainly do question it. Benny Hinn said it, Paul Crouch did not try to deny this teaching, it was broadcasted on a TBN program because I and my husband watched it, and I have never heard BH retract this particular belief.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Drew said this at the beginning of this thread:

quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
To HisGrace:

1) You were one of those who desired that all studies of deception and heresy be moved from the Bible Study forum to the Exposing forum so that you would not have to be exposed to it.

2) You continue to enter the Exposing forum to defend any false teacher from Benny Hinn to Joel Osteen, and to seek to undermine the credibility of anyone speaking-out against the horrendous deception in the Church.

3) Deception is like an abcess, a wound which is filled with putrid pus, and not easily discernable with blinded eye. The poison is infiltrating the surrounding cell tissue, and if left untreated, or covered-up will continue to infect the Body and eventually kill through blood-poisoning. It has to be "lanced". the wound opened-up and exposed in order for the poison to be drained-out and healing enter-in.

4) The poison is sheer ugly, evil with a horrible stench in the Body. You can make all the protestations and declare, "that if you don't play nice I am going to pick-up my toys and go home", but you won't change the need for poison control one iota, nor the posts of those who have such a heart for the Word and desire for the Truth.

The trenches are ugly, the face of the enemy has a broad smile and warm personae, a false mask which conceals sheer putrid evil, and is leading so many into the dark pit of destruction, on a multitude of fronts.

You can be part of the cure, or you can continue to be part of the problem. One can enable heresy to proliferate, to seek to cover-over the festering wounds of deception with the broad brush of "sweetness and light", or one can "lance" through the layers of deception and allow the wound to be exposed, the abscess drained, and healing to begin.

It will never be sweetness and light in the trenches, but Praise God His Light will pierce through the darkness, will break asunder the shackles and will set captives free.

Romans 8:
35: Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36: As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37: Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38: For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39: Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

When he posted it, it appeared that you were gone and I saw no reason to say anything about it; but since you are still here let me say this..

Amen! and Amen Drew!

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Ah HisGrace you are still here. [wave3] I thought you might be here all along and if not I thought you would certainly be back; If I am really honest about my thoughts on your opening post here, I saw it as a ploy to have people jump in and say "Oh, HisGrace.. dont go!" as you have in the past made posts such as the one that opened this thread and then come back. I had no reason to believe that it would be any different this time. Some people just need that kind of attention every once and a while. That is why I did not respond to the opening post of this thread.

quote:
never go by second-hand information. HFHS you said that you don't know what Benny Hinn preaches. If you are ready to expound on him so much, how come?
Please do not misunderstand my statement. I did not mean to imply that I was unaware of what Benny Hinn preaches; I do not know what to call it, but I would not call it Christ or the Gospel. I used to watch Benny Hinn every night in my home. I have testified that it was very hard to come to see the truth about Benny Hinn especially for my husband. We were aware that we did not want to know or see the truth, we did not want it to be truth, but when the Spirit of God speaks to HIS children, HIS children do know HIS voice and do follow. And we did follow and GOD led us away from Benny Hinn.

HisGrace, I have been surprised by some who appreciate Benny Hinn and his teachings. I was not aware that you were one who appreciates Benny Hinn, his ministry and his teaching, maybe you aren't really, but if you are it does not surprise me. Your discernment skills being what they are and all.

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I know you did not write the above to me, but how much do you listen to Hinn? Have you read any of his books? I dont know what it is that Hinn preaches, and I would not call it Christ, though he does; I might call it gnosticism with a twist, but I am thankful not to be able to receive it. This is a good example of what I speak of:

"See, God the Father is a person, God the Son is a person, God the Holy Spirit is a person. But each one of them is a triune being by himself. If I can shock you, and maybe I should, there's nine of them."13 Hinn clearly rejects the orthodox doctrine of the Trinity for a bizarre formulation which is, in effect, tri-theism to the third power! While tri-theism is, as we have seen, a somewhat popular dogma taught by Bible teachers like Jimmy Swaggart, Hinn's formulation of this takes on a new dimension. In orthodox Trinitarianism, God is said to be one in substance, and three in person. Benny Hinn abandons this formula by insisting upon defining the persons in the Godhead in such a way as to destroy the idea of God existing in only one substance. For Hinn, God is not one in substance at all, but only one in purpose. Hinn writes of the Godhead, "what is true about one does not necessarily apply to all three. They are different, even in the way They move and in the way They talk. We've already discussed the fact that members of the Godhead are distinct persons -- yet they are one."14 But what does Hinn mean by his orthodox sounding assertion that they are one? "The Trinity, as we will see, is comprised of three distinct and unique entities. But you need to understand Their Oneness -- Their unity. It is essential that you recognize that the all-embracing Oneness we are talking about is connected to the work of the Godhead" (Italics in the original).15

Thus the oneness found in the Godhead is related only to the work of God, what is spoken of as the economic relationship within the Trinity. Hinn then goes on to cite I Corinthians 12:5-6 as a definition of the oneness of God. "There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but the same God who works in all." This text is used to set out how the oneness of God is economic (characteristic of tri-theism), rather than ontological (that is, one in substance, as in orthodox Trinitarianism).

Paul was unfolding the working of the Godhead. He explained that the Lord Jesus is the administrator, the Father is the operator, and the Holy Ghost is the manifestor....What is the primary work of the Father? He operates. And what about the Son? He administrates the operation of the Father. And the Holy Ghost manifests the administration of that operation.16

In other words, according to Hinn, what Paul is telling us is that these three distinct "gods," each with a body, a soul and a spirit, work so well together, and in such harmony that they are one - kind of one big, happy, divine family if you will!

In order to interpret Paul in this fashion, and to make him out to be a fellow tri-theist, Hinn must reject what orthodox Christians have considered the essential element to make sense of the Biblical data describing God as existing in three distinct persons. This is the fundamental point that the three persons of the Godhead are one in purpose because they are one in substance. The Scriptures repeatedly declare that there is only one God, and that each of the three persons of the Trinity mentioned in the Scriptures - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit - are each called God. If these persons are not one in substance, then logically they are three distinct gods, each with their own unique substances. This reduces Christianity to polytheism. Benny Hinn, therefore, is not orthodox in his views on the Trinity. He leaves us with three distinct gods, who are each triune (with body, soul and spirit), and who do not share the same common substance, but are only one in purpose. Hinn's "god" therefore, is three in substance and nine in person. This is simply nonsense, for it amounts to tri-theism.

I don't need any Dr. Riddlebargers, with pre-conceived agendas and biased opinions, to interpret what Benny Hinn or anyone else says. I test their words out in the Bible and use my own discernment.

Notice that 3/4 of the 'quote' is by Riddlebarger and 1/4 is what Hinn supposedly said. Looks like Dr.R is the one doing the 'twisting.'

I never go by second-hand information. HFHS you said that you don't know what Benny Hinn preaches. If you are ready to expound on him so much, how come?

Probably some are uncomfortable to see me back, but others encouraged me to do so, so here I am. [Cross]

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

quote:
White Eagle writes to Caretaker: The Trouble is regarding your quote about teaching contrary to the Word of God.... YOu are basing it on a very rigid and narrow view according to the judgement of Caretaker.

The Holy Spirit does not contradict scripture. None of us should be interpreting scripture... we should be seeking to see how the scripture interprets scripture. The Holy Spirit will never cause someone to interpret scripture in such a way that scripture contradicts with what the Holy Spirit is teaching.

quote:
Also Benny Hinn has not denied that Christ is come in the Flesh. He preaches Christ, in a fullness that you are not able to receive.

That's my opinion.

quote:

You can read this article in full at:

http://www.modernreformation.org/krhinn.htm

The above is not from some "heresy hunter" webiste either, it was written by Dr. Kim Riddlebarger for Modern Reformation Magazine; Dr. Riddlebarger is the senior pastor of Christ Reformed Church in Anaheim, CA [URCNA], visiting professor of systematic theology at Westminster Seminary California, and co-host of The White Horse Inn radio program. I do not agree with him on all matters of theology, but i believe that the article does address some major issues with Hinn and does document well its sources, as you can see in the Bibliography.

quote:
White Eagle says to Drew:It's ironic that you quote Romans 8:35-39 about the Love of Christ after you have backstabbed the very ministers of the Gospel of whom you disagree with and call heretics.
What is your definition of backstabbing? I cannot see any where that Drew has ever backstabbed anyone. Can you show an example of what you feel was backstabbing?

quote:
White Eagle: Sometimes when I'm reading these discussions, I believe with great fear, that if Christ Himself posted on this forum; you and some others would attack Him as being the son of the DEVIL, just as the Pharisees did.

Just my opinion.

I have to tell you that because I find Drew to be a very solid person both doctrinally and personally, and I have seen in him much much much spiritual fruit, I was offened to read this.

One can be deceived and deny scriptural truth; one can be ignorant of scriptural truth; one can naivly and blindly defend the devil's work belieiving it to be good. Ignorance, deception, niavity can cause us to mistake the enemy for good.

BUT there is only 1 way to mistake Christ for the enemy as the Pharisee did....there is only one way that one could attack Christ as the Pharisee did and that is to lack knowledge of the Father and indwelling and sealing of the Holy Spirit... to be an unregenerate man... not born again.

It is one thing to diagree with what you see as someone's "interpetation" of the Bible; it is quite another to say what you have just said to Drew. I pray that you just have not thought through the implications of this statement.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

John 18:37-39

"You are king then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You are right in saying that I am a king, in fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me." "What is Truth?" Pilate asked. With this he went out again to the Jews and said, "I find no basis for a charge against him. But it is your custom for me to release to you one prisoner at the time of the Passover Do you want me to release the king of the Jews?"

Is this the answer of some Christians today?

John 18:40 THEY SHOUTED BACK, "NO! NOT HIM! GIVE US BARRABAS!

Barrabas was part of a rebellion according to scripture.

So WHAT IS TRUTH?

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
To HisGrace:

1) You were one of those who desired that all studies of deception and heresy be moved from the Bible Study forum to the Exposing forum so that you would not have to be exposed to it.

2) You continue to enter the Exposing forum to defend any false teacher from Benny Hinn to Joel Osteen, and to seek to undermine the credibility of anyone speaking-out against the horrendous deception in the Church.

3) Deception is like an abcess, a wound which is filled with putrid pus, and not easily discernable with blinded eye. The poison is infiltrating the surrounding cell tissue, and if left untreated, or covered-up will continue to infect the Body and eventually kill through blood-poisoning. It has to be "lanced". the wound opened-up and exposed in order for the poison to be drained-out and healing enter-in.

4) The poison is sheer ugly, evil with a horrible stench in the Body. You can make all the protestations and declare, "that if you don't play nice I am going to pick-up my toys and go home", but you won't change the need for poison control one iota, nor the posts of those who have such a heart for the Word and desire for the Truth.

The trenches are ugly, the face of the enemy has a broad smile and warm personae, a false mask which conceals sheer putrid evil, and is leading so many into the dark pit of destruction, on a multitude of fronts.

You can be part of the cure, or you can continue to be part of the problem. One can enable heresy to proliferate, to seek to cover-over the festering wounds of deception with the broad brush of "sweetness and light", or one can "lance" through the layers of deception and allow the wound to be exposed, the abscess drained, and healing to begin.

It will never be sweetness and light in the trenches, but Praise God His Light will pierce through the darkness, will break asunder the shackles and will set captives free.

Romans 8:
35: Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36: As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37: Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38: For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39: Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

It's ironic that you quote Romans 8:35-39 about the Love of Christ after you have backstabbed the very ministers of the Gospel of whom you disagree with and call heretics.

Sometimes when I'm reading these discussions, I believe with great fear, that if Christ Himself posted on this forum; you and some others would attack Him as being the son of the DEVIL, just as the Pharisees did.

Just my opinion.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
If a teacher is wresting scripture and teaching contrary to the Word, it matters not how "good" it feels/appears, it is corrupt.

There are large numbers who flock to, and defend Benny Hinn, and he is as false and corrupt as any of the current flock on TBN.

Rev. 3:
17: Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19: As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

The Trouble is regarding your quote about teaching contrary to the Word of God.... YOu are basing it on a very rigid and narrow view according to the judgement of Caretaker.

That's my opinion.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement