Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Same ole tricks

Author Topic: Same ole tricks
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Born again:

quote:
Now here you apply what the cherub Lucifer-Satan said to the Lord God Jeshua, and now you apply this to “false teachers”?
I wasn't in the sense that I think you thought I was from your exegeis. I was making the point that just because someone knows and speaks the scripture does not make them 100% correct on all things at all times or make them annointed or make them above heresy. You can take any one you want.. take Joseph Smith... Do we think that he never uttered a word of scripture that was not correct? Surely he did. That does not make him not a heretic. That was my point.

quote:
No, a little truth stays a little truth and a little poison stays a little poison; one does not become the other.
Galatians 5:9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sister helpforhomeschoolers writes
quote:
Luke 4:10 For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over you, to keep you:

Isn’t that a nice verse? It is a very comforting verse I think. It is found in the NT and in the old:

Psalms 91:11 For he shall give his angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.

Funny thing is in Luke... it is spoken by Satan.[quote]Another adjective and noun than “funny thing” might have been more appropriate here? Can Satan ever be considered a “funny thing”? Despicable and disgusting is more like it.[quote]Satan comes as an angel of light. Don’t be deceived folks. Just because it speaks the word of God doesn’t always mean it comes from God.

Now here you apply what the cherub Lucifer-Satan said to the Lord God Jeshua, and now you apply this to “false teachers”?

Everybody knows that Lucifer-Satan said this to Jesus, what is false teaching about that? Just because the LORD said that scripture in Psalms 91:11 and then no one else in the Bible uses that same scripture until Lucifer-Satan uses it, that does not make either the LORD or Lucifer-Satan a “false teacher”, does it?

How you can extrapolate from Lucifer-Satan saying to the Lord God Jeshua-Jesus of Israel, “He shall give His angels charge over You, to keep You”, Lucifer-Satan was the iperson for whom the LORD had said it in Psalms 91:11, for no one else ever used the verse except Lucifer-Satan.

And Lucifer-Satan and the Lord God Jeshua both knew that this verse was just about them being together there during the temptation of Jesus by Lucifer-Satan.

Lucifer-Satan was trying to get the Lord Jeshua to act out of His Godhead instead of out of his Son of man(hood). This first time, Jeshua came as the Son of man, to be the second Adam, to be just like the first Adam but under much worse conditions now that sin had entered the world, which the first Adam was not even tested on.

Lucifer-Satan was trying to get Jeshua-Jesus to move out from under being only the Son of man, meaning someone who did not act out of their own godhead but only out of the Godhead of the Holy Spirit of the LORD God of Israel, and in that attempt, Lucifer-Satan failed.

Lucifer tried all the verses with, “if you be the Son of God, the…”

helpforhomeschoolers, you further write
quote:
Satan was quite adept at spouting the scripture.
Lucifer-Satan was not spouting scripture, but deliberately using this scripture from Psalms 91:11 which had been reserved for him just for this occasion. It is much bigger than just “spouting scripture”, no?
quote:
The thing is with Satan, when he spouted it, he did not have anyone's well being in his heart accept his own. He was not encouraging man or Jesus to do the will of the father with it, but that which benefited Satan.
Of course, we all know what living in Lucifer-Satan’s kingdom was like.
quote:
Today there are lots of preachers out there preaching parts of the word, but they seek to make you think that they are out to help you when they are really out to help themselves to what you have. {bold by BORN AGAIN}
The workmen who preach the Word are worthy of their hire; muzzle not the ox that treads the corn. Sending in money is a voluntary, freewill act on the part of anyone who is listening. Go ahead, say the preacher is “charismatically encouraging them to give freewill offerings”, and charisma-tic is what he should be is.

You may be blessed to have time but many people live busy lives and all the Bible verses that they can get a hold of is from “Today there are lots of preachers out there preaching parts of the word”, and it helps them.
quote:
A little truth... a little poison, makes the whole batch poison.
No, a little truth stays a little truth and a little poison stays a little poison; one does not become the other.
quote:
The serpent told Eve that he had her best interest at heart as he fed her poison.
No, he fed her some truth and some poison. She chose the poison, not the truth.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN
“quietly, when You speak to me.”

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not aware of any Christian ministries that TRY to tear down the body of Christ.

I am aware of some ministries that are wrongly accused of this because they try to tear down the lies of the devil.

I am aware of some that are rightfully accused of this because they try to tear down the works of the devil, but they have themselves become his victims and deceived in their methods thinking that they have to trump things up to help God spread the truth, when in fact the truth if it is spoken will work its self in the ears of those that are led by HIS SPirit. We have seen that with some of the altered photos and altered audio garbage that ciruclates out there.

I am aware of some that claim to and I believe honestly attempt to build the body of Christ, but are deceived themselves and end up corrupting the body of Christ.

None of these I think tries to tear down the body, the later two are just deceived. Both do damage to the Body of Christ.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

I am very wary of ministries that focus totally on tearing down the body of Christ. I try to live by Jesus' words in the sermon on the mount under his new covenant of love.

Matthew 7:1-6
Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. [Cross]

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
Today there are lots of preachers out there preaching parts of the word, but they seek to make you think that they are out to help you when they are really out to help themselves to what you have.

Amen HFHS ! They don't preach the saving blood of Jesus and the cross. [Cross]
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Luke 4:10 For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee:

Isnt that a nice verse? It is a very comforting verse I think. It is found in the NT and in the old:

Psalms 91:11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

Funny thing is in Luke... it is spoken by Satan.
Satan comes as an angel of light. Dont be deceived folks. Just because it speaks the word of God doesnt always mean it comes from God. Satan was quite adept at spouting the scripture. The thing is with Satan, when he spouted it, he did not have anyone's well being in his heart accept his own. He was not encouraging man or Jesus to do the will of the father with it, but that which benefited Satan.

Today there are lots of preachers out there preaching parts of the word, but they seek to make you think that they are out to help you when they are really out to help themselves to what you have.

A little truth... a little poison, makes the whole batch poison.

The serpent told Eve that he had her best interest at heart as he fed her poison.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement