Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Moving post for a tired sister (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Moving post for a tired sister
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Usher: "Here old timer you look a bit tuckered-out from standing in line, take this wheel chair to ease your wait."

Brother Benny-beggin-for-bucks: "Was that your wheel chair Old Timer?"

Old Timer: "Well yes it was the one I was using."

Brother Benny-beggin-for-bucks: "Its a m-i-r-a-c-l-e!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see alot of similarity:

http://www.jhm.org/current/cufi3852.jpg

The originals:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Stooges3.jpg

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Galatians 1:6-9
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

2 Cor. 11:
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

HisGrace you have consistantly defended any televangelist who says the name of Jesus, REGARDLESS of their doctrine and teachings. You consistantly defend liars, false prophets, and deceivers of the un-grounded in the Word.

2 Tim 3:
1: This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2: For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3: Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4: Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5: Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6: For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7: Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8: Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9: But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.
10: But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
11: Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
12: Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
13: But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
14: But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15: And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
HisGrace you have consistantly defended any televangelist who says the name of Jesus, REGARDLESS of their doctrine and teachings. You consistantly defend liars, false prophets, and deceivers of the un-grounded in the Word.

You act like I have lunch with Joyce Meyer every day. You will notice that I haven't been cutting and pasting from other sites. My thoughts have been taken from the Bible and not from man.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

A true test to see if something is of the Holy Spirit is to reveal Jesus and his blood. It makes the devil and his imps scurry pretty quickly, because it reminds Satan that he was defeated at the cross, and that his time on this earth is running really short.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter and verse please:

HisGrace:

"A true test to see if something is of the Holy Spirit is to reveal Jesus and his blood. It makes the devil and his imps scurry pretty quickly,"

Chapter and verse please!!!!!!!

Galatians 1:6-9
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

2 Cor. 11:
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

2 Tim 3:
1: This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2: For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3: Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4: Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5: Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6: For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7: Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8: Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9: But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.
10: But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
11: Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
12: Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
13: But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
14: But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15: And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hardcore:
Nobody is playing games HisGrace. Just because you don't agree with something or don't want to believe it, doesn't make it untrue.

quote:
A true test to see if something is of the Holy Spirit is to reveal Jesus and his blood. It makes the devil and his imps scurry pretty quickly, because it reminds Satan that he was defeated at the cross, and that his time on this earth is running really short.

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. [Cross]

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
"IT IS TRULY APOSTACY TO SAY THE LEAST WHEN BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS SAY THAT JEWS DO NOT NEED TO BE BORN AGAIN."

The sites that are providing you with this information folks are telling a total lie and are distorting the truth. From John Hagee's-site:

Salvation
We believe all men are born with a sinful nature and that the work of the Cross was to redeem man from the power of sin. We believe that this salvation is available to all who will receive it.

H-e-l-l-o. Please notice that it says ALL MEN. Please stop playing games. [cool_shades]

Nobody is playing games HisGrace. Just because you don't agree with something or don't want to believe it, doesn't make it untrue.
Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
"IT IS TRULY APOSTACY TO SAY THE LEAST WHEN BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS SAY THAT JEWS DO NOT NEED TO BE BORN AGAIN."

The sites that are providing you with this information folks are telling a total lie and are distorting the truth. From John Hagee's-site:

Salvation
We believe all men are born with a sinful nature and that the work of the Cross was to redeem man from the power of sin. We believe that this salvation is available to all who will receive it.

H-e-l-l-o. Please notice that it says ALL MEN. Please stop playing games. [cool_shades]

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eduardo Grequi:
I thought I would comment on this because I am Jewish and born again- go figure! Everyone in this world that has been born after Jesus' made know his mission and deity NEEDS TO BE BORN AGAIN AND THOSE LOOKING TOWARD THE FIRST ADVENT. IT IS TRULY APOSTACY TO SAY THE LEAST WHEN BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS SAY THAT JEWS DO NOT NEED TO BE BORN AGAIN.

AMEN!!!!! Too bad certain Christian evangelists can't seem to get this right.

Let's just read this line from our Jewish brother one more time:

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
Originally posted by WKUHilltopper:

Well, Hagee's stock just dropped in my book when I found this picture on his own web site.

Interesting.

Since it came from Hagee's website, I wonder what the defense for him will be this time? It certainly can't be written off as coming from a "heresy hunting" site. And it can't be pinned on SoftTouch either. [cool_shades]

I have said all along that he indites himself with his own words, now he does so with pictures.

Maybe this will arouse some slumbering Christians.

Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I would comment on this because I am Jewish and born again- go figure! Everyone in this world that has been born after Jesus' made know his mission and deity NEEDS TO BE BORN AGAIN AND THOSE LOOKING TOWARD THE FIRST ADVENT. IT IS TRULY APOSTACY TO SAY THE LEAST WHEN BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS SAY THAT JEWS DO NOT NEED TO BE BORN AGAIN.

FOR ALL HAVE SINNED AND FALLEN SHORT OF THE GLORY GOD, THEREFORE GOD SENT HIS SON JESUS TO BE THE HOLY LAMB OF GOD AND BECAME THE SACRIFICE AND RISEN SAVIOUR TO APPROPIATE FOR THE SINS OF THE PAST, PRESEMT AMD FUTURE. ALL WE LIKE SHEEP HAVE WENT ASTRAU- WE HAVE NO SHEPHARD TO LEAD UNTIL THAT ONE DAY JESUS BECAME THE SHEPHARD, THE LEADER, THE PRIEST, AND THE KING ALL IN ONE.

THE JEWS OF THE DAY ARE MORE WORRIED IF THEY TRULY HAVE HAVE JEWISH BLOOD ESPECIALY THE ONES FROM THE DISPORA OF HISPANIA COMMONLY CALLED IBERIA. PLEASE SEE www.saudades-sefarad.org ; or www.sephardim.org; WE JEWS NEED JESUS AMD WE NEED TO BE BORN AGAIN AS JESUS HAD TOLD NICODEMUS. WHO BY THE WAY WAS A JEW. HERE ARE TRIBES OF ISREAL!

REUBEN LEAH SIMEON LEAH

LEVI LEAH JUDAH LEAH

ISSACHAR LEAH ZEBULUN LEAH

JOSEPH RACHEL BENJAMIN RACHEL

DAN BILHAIH NAPHTALI BILHAIH

GAD ZILPAH ASHER ZILPAH

(GENESIS 35:22-26)

JESUS SAID HE THAT BELIEVES AND IS BAPTIZED SHALL BE SAVED AND HE THAT BELIEVES NOT IS DAMNED!

DO NOT GET ME WRONG, I LOVE ISRAEL FOR IT WRINGS IN MY HEART, BUT MY FATHER IS A HEAVENLY FATHER. JESUS SAID ONE DAY TO THE 12- IN THE HOUSE OF MY FATHER ARE MANY MASION, IF IT WERE NOT SO I WOULD HAVE TOLD YOU. JESUS WENT OFF SAYING ALSO I GO TO PREPARE A PLACE FOR YOU. A PLACE NEED TO BE BOUGHT, IF WAS BOUGHT WITH JESUS' BLOOD. WITHOUT THE SHEDDING OF BLOOD THERE IS NO FORGIVENESS OF SINS!

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Well, Hagee's stock just dropped in my book when I found this picture on his own web site.

Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
quote:
While I understand your insistence on going back to someone's own website, the above examples surely prove to you that you don't always get the complete picture there.

[Confused] Isn't that the only way you are going to get the real truth, is by going to the source? There is enough information on JH's site and from his sermons to gain wisdom on where he stands.

I don't bother to read or pay any attention to media hype.

I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm not saying that the website material isn't the "real" truth. I'm saying that you don't get the whole truth. Big difference.

That's why I used the examples that I did. They speak for themselves. Same with Hagee. You wouldn't know from his website that he doesn't believe in evangelizing the Jewish people.

I don't pay attention to media hype either, but nobody has posted any media hype. The article that HFHS posted certainly wasn't hype. Are you saying that the quotes from the article aren't true? What about his books? You don't consider those media hype, do you?

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
While I understand your insistence on going back to someone's own website, the above examples surely prove to you that you don't always get the complete picture there.

[Confused] Isn't that the only way you are going to get the real truth, is by going to the source? There is enough information on JH's site and from his sermons to gain wisdom on where he stands.

I don't bother to read or pay any attention to media hype.

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
quote:
Does anyone know which passage Hagee is basing this assumption on? That it's a waste of time with the Jews? I know he seems to love Israel and maybe his love for the Jews has blinded what is truth so he won't "offend" them. But I'd be more worried about offending the Lord.

We should pray for him and Israel both. But I'd be interested in knowing where he gets this idea--if anyone knows for sure.

This The following quotes are from JH's own site. I question the validity of any statements that are purported to be made by him from any other site. If someone reports that he says converting Jews is a waste of time, something seems to be taken out of context because he believes in giving them unconditional love.
quote:
"It is not possible to say, "I am a Christian" and not love the Jewish people. The Bible teaches that love is not what you say, but what you do. (1 John 3:18) "A bell is not a bell until you ring it, a song is not a song until you sing it, love is not love until you share it."
quote:
For this is what the Lord Almighty says: "After He has honored me and has sent me against the nations that have plundered you - for whoever touches you touches the apple of His eye - I will surely raise my hand against them so that their slaves will plunder them. Then you will know that the Lord Almighty has sent me. Shout and be glad, O Daughter of Zion...
T h e A p p l e o f H I S e y e...
Why Christians Should Support Israel
Everything Christians do should be based upon the Biblical text. Here are seven solid Biblereasons why Christians should support Israel.

Genesis 12:3 "And I will bless them that bless thee and curse him that curseth thee; and in thee shall all nations of the earth be blessed." Point: God has promised to bless the man or nation that blesses the Chosen People. History has proven beyond reasonable doubt that the nations that have blessed the Jewish people have had the blessing of God; the nations that have cursed the Jewish people have experienced the curse of God.

Pres. Bush has been counselled by different spiritual leaders to never turn him back on the Israelis because of the above biblical warnings.

As I posted before:

quote:
"By the way; anybody can say anything on a website. Mission Statements aren't gospel. What they don't say can be more enlightening in some cases than what they do say."

"I'm sure Joel Osteen's statement probably doesn't mention that he doesn't believe in preaching sin. And I'll bet Rick Warren's statement doesn't mention anything about all the new age unscriptural garbage in his books. Do you think Benny Hinn mentions anything about his false prophecies and fake healings in his statement?"

Yes. There are many things that I agree with Hagee on, but ..... that doesn't mean he's right regarding his views on Jews and salvation.

If one loves Israel and the Jewish people, then one shares Jesus with them.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Does anyone know which passage Hagee is basing this assumption on? That it's a waste of time with the Jews? I know he seems to love Israel and maybe his love for the Jews has blinded what is truth so he won't "offend" them. But I'd be more worried about offending the Lord.

We should pray for him and Israel both. But I'd be interested in knowing where he gets this idea--if anyone knows for sure.

This The following quotes are from JH's own site. I question the validity of any statements that are purported to be made by him from any other site. If someone reports that he says converting Jews is a waste of time, something seems to be taken out of context because he believes in giving them unconditional love.
quote:
"It is not possible to say, "I am a Christian" and not love the Jewish people. The Bible teaches that love is not what you say, but what you do. (1 John 3:18) "A bell is not a bell until you ring it, a song is not a song until you sing it, love is not love until you share it."
quote:
For this is what the Lord Almighty says: "After He has honored me and has sent me against the nations that have plundered you - for whoever touches you touches the apple of His eye - I will surely raise my hand against them so that their slaves will plunder them. Then you will know that the Lord Almighty has sent me. Shout and be glad, O Daughter of Zion...
T h e A p p l e o f H I S e y e...
Why Christians Should Support Israel
Everything Christians do should be based upon the Biblical text. Here are seven solid Biblereasons why Christians should support Israel.

Genesis 12:3 "And I will bless them that bless thee and curse him that curseth thee; and in thee shall all nations of the earth be blessed." Point: God has promised to bless the man or nation that blesses the Chosen People. History has proven beyond reasonable doubt that the nations that have blessed the Jewish people have had the blessing of God; the nations that have cursed the Jewish people have experienced the curse of God.

Pres. Bush has been counselled by different spiritual leaders to never turn him back on the Israelis because of the above biblical warnings.
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent points as usual Sister Hardcore! Amen.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:

In the article above that HFHS posted, it says he uses Romans 9-11. One can't read those three chapters and come to Hagee's conclusion unless he or she discards the majority of them.

Hagee said in the interview:
In fact, trying to convert Jews is a "waste of time," he said. "The Jewish person who has his roots in Judaism is not going to convert to Christianity. There is no form of Christian evangelism that has failed so miserably as evangelizing the Jewish people. They (already) have a faith structure."

How exactly does he explain all of the Messianic Jews? Not only is this a ridiculous statement, but it's flat out not true. Messicanic Jews have ministries specifically reaching out to unsaved Jews for goodness sakes.

Another thought I had on this last night:

The bible says that we will be hated for His name. In Luke it says He came to divide. Hagee is well liked and honored by a lot of Jewish groups. You have to ask yourself why. Because he doesn't "offend" them with Jesus' name.

"Mayor Kathy Whitmire proclaimed Nov. 17, 1984, "Pastor John Hagee Day."

Is Hagee being exalted or is the Lord? Hagee is being honored because he doesn't proclaim Jesus' name. Hmmm.

Hagee's logic simply does not line up with the whole of scripture on this subject.

I'm with you WKUHilltopper. I would be far more concerned about offending the Lord.

WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea what the Houston Chronicle's Journalist who writes the religious department of the paper's articles knows about a relationship with Christ.

I was not so interested in her relationship with Christ or lack thereof as with the direct quotes of Hagee.

This was an article that Hagee supported it was about his mission to stop anti semitism and his program Nights to Honor Israel.

Hagee is not alone is feeling that the evangelism of Jews is anti semetic. The Jews feel it is anti semetic. This is a political issue as well as spiritual one which I have been reading on for some time.

If you check the archives of the Houston Chronicle, they seem to be very supportive in publishing articles on what Hagee is doing in the community. I dont at all feel that this article was written to be negative toward Hagee, but to show his progressiveness in support of the Jewish community. They published such other articles as his speaking to the Synagouge and his having dinner with the Rabbi... all very positive with regard to Hagee.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:

1. HOUSTON CHRONICLE ARCHIVES
2. By JULIA DUIN, Houston Chronicle Religion Writer Staff (From HG - Religion? What does she know about a personal relationship with Jesus Christ)

3.John Hagee, fundamentalist pastor from San Antonio and friend of Israel, is truly a strange fish.

Three red flags right there before they get past the first line. Do you think that these people are spiritually and biblically knowledgable, or unbiased enough, to care about what they say about any evangelist? The media world is about creating headlines and sensationalism. even if it distorts the truth.
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Hardcore: Until I had read this article, which I got from the newspaper's own archives, I did not hear "another" gospel being preached though I believed that Hagee was in great error rgarding his position on preaching the gospel to the jews. In this article I see clearly why you say that he preaches "another gospel."

Thank you for sending me searching. I do not like when I see things quoted on people's sites that cannot be substantiated. So, while I hav seen exceprts from this piece various places, I had not given them any credibility. But here is the article from the source and in its entirety.

Again thank you!

quote:
HOUSTON CHRONICLE ARCHIVES
Paper: HOUSTON CHRONICLE
Date: SAT 04/30/1988
Section: Religion
Page: 1
Edition: 2 STAR

http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl?id=1988_540301

San Antonio fundamentalist battles anti-Semitism

By JULIA DUIN, Houston Chronicle Religion Writer
Staff

John Hagee, fundamentalist pastor from San Antonio and friend of Israel, is truly a strange fish.

Although a Christian minister, he celebrates Passover and the Feast of Tabernacles, buys Israeli bonds and plants trees in Israel through the Jewish National Fund. He has raised $225,000 for Hadassah, a Jewish women's Zionist organization. He's been to Israel eight times. He's even visited Dachau.

Rabbi Jack Segal of Houston's Congregation Beth Yeshurun, one of Hagee's fans, calls the pastor "a courageous soldier in God's army." Mayor Kathy Whitmire proclaimed Nov. 17, 1984, "Pastor John Hagee Day." The "Jewish Herald Voice" ran a rave review of Hagee last fall on its editorial page.

Hagee, 48, was in town last week at a meeting for young Jewish leaders sponsored by the Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith. He'll be back in town June 23 at Beth Yeshurun for a "night to honor Israel" celebration. He is pastor of the 9,600-member Cornerstone Church in northern San Antonio, a plush white brick edifice dubbed the "South Texas Vatican" by locals.

How did a homegrown boy (Hagee grew up in Baytown and Houston) make it with the Jews?

Simple: The man has a mission. He's out to attack anti-Semitism. He also believes that Jews can come to God without going through Jesus Christ.

He also believes that someday Jews will claim title to a vast area promised them in Genesis and Deuteronomy that encompasses territory from the Mediterranean to the Euphrates River in Iraq. Israel has a divine right to occupy the West Bank, he says.

This is a sharp contrast to positions taken by several mainline denominations that the Palestinians should have their own nation on the West Bank and that Scripture doesn't necessarily promise the land to the Jews. To back his contentions, Hagee cites Romans 9-11, calling the chapters "God's position paper on the Jewish people."

"Christianity has a great debt of gratitude toward the Jewish people," the minister said. "The Jewish people gave us the word of God. They gave us the prophets, the patriarchs, the first family: Mary, Joseph and a very prominent Jewish rabbi, Jesus Christ. What kind of faith or foundation would we have without the Jews? Honoring the Jewish people is a very rootstock principle in Christianity."

Hagee has appeared at six "nights to honor Israel" since September 1981. Such overtures to the Jewish community have brought him death threats. After his station wagon's windows were shot out before one rally, Hagee moved into a high-security neighborhood and hired two bodyguards to accompany him during Sunday services.

"I'm not trying to convert the Jewish people to the Christian faith," he said. "There is nothing in the `night to honor Israel' that does that."

In fact, trying to convert Jews is a "waste of time," he said. "The Jewish person who has his roots in Judaism is not going to convert to Christianity. There is no form of Christian evangelism that has failed so miserably as evangelizing the Jewish people. They (already) have a faith structure."

Everyone else, whether Buddhist or Baha'i, needs to believe in Jesus, he says. But not Jews. Jews already have a covenant with God that has never been replaced by Christianity, he says.

"The Jewish people have a relationship to God through the law of God as given through Moses," Hagee said. "I believe that every Gentile person can only come to God through the cross of Christ. I believe that every Jewish person who lives in the light of the Torah, which is the word of God, has a relationship with God and will come to redemption.

"The law of Moses is sufficient enough to bring a person into the knowledge of God until God gives him a greater revelation. And God has not," said Hagee, giving hisinterpretation of Romans 11:25. "Paul abandoned the idea (of Jews knowing Christ). In the book of Romans, he said, `I am now going to go to the Gentiles from this time forward.' Judaism doesn't need Christianity to explain its existence. But Christianity has to have Judaism to explain its existence."

His position is a little unusual for evangelicals, who believe that the new covenant does supersede the old. Those who disagree with him are scathingly termed as "replacement theologians." The San Antonio pastor says such persons are anti-Semitic.

Curiously, mainliners who would disagree with Hagee's position on Israel's divine right to land would agree with him on a new covenant versus the old. Last June, the 1.7-million-member United Church of Christ denounced past persecution of Jews by Christians and stressed: "Judaism has not been superseded by Christianity... Christianity is not to be understood as the successor religion to Judaism; God's covenant with the Jewish people has not been abrogated."

Similiarly, the 3-million-member Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) at its General Assembly approved a document for study that also said Christianity had not replaced Judaism.

Opponents say such a theory is a form of universalism, which means that all religions are equivalent. In the past, Christianity has stressed that Jesus Christ is the only way to God, for Jews as well as non-Jews.

Hagee disputes suggestions that his eventual agenda includes the conversion of Jews to Christianity. Even the Apostle Paul didn't promise that, he says.

"Paul says Jews are chosen of God, loved of God, have not been replaced by the Christian church, are still in the economy of God and that some Jewish people have a relationship with God right now through divine election and that all Israel would be saved," he said.

However, many Christian theologians are anti-Semitic, he says, because they say the covenant with the Jews is gone, that Jews have been replaced by Christianity and that Israel does not deserve American military and financial support.

"There's an anti-Semitism growi ng in the evangelical church to a dangerous proportion," he said. "And I'm writing books and crisscrossing the country trying to bring anti-Semitism in this country to a standstill."

Copyright notice: All materials in this archive are copyrighted by Houston Chronicle Publishing Company Division, Hearst Newspapers Partnership, L.P., or its news and feature syndicates and wire services. No materials may be directly or indirectly published, posted to Internet and intranet distribution channels, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed in any medium. Neither these materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use.

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

HisGrace,

In an earlier post in this thread (replying to HFHS), I said:

"No matter where the thread, you know what I'd like to see just once?

An answer like this:

"Gee hardcore, I wasn't aware that John Hagee believes that Jews don't need Jesus. If it's true, then I guess that would be a problem. I'll check it out, and if it is true, I won't be watching him anymore. Thanks for the heads-up".

Can you imagine one of us getting a reply like that?"

Thus, that is how redkermit responded - a little levity.

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 20 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by redkermit:
...hardcore, I wasn't aware that John Hagee believes that Jews don't need Jesus. If it's true, then I guess that would be a problem. I'll check it out, and if it is true, I won't be watching him anymore. Thanks for the heads-up...

[updown]

Actually, I don't think I've ever really watched Hagee, but this is the first time I've heard something like this about him.

Ha! Thanks for that wonderful reply redkermit! [clap2]
?  - ?
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
Originally posted by redkermit:
...hardcore, I wasn't aware that John Hagee believes that Jews don't need Jesus. If it's true, then I guess that would be a problem. I'll check it out, and if it is true, I won't be watching him anymore. Thanks for the heads-up...

[updown]

Actually, I don't think I've ever really watched Hagee, but this is the first time I've heard something like this about him.

Ha! Thanks for that wonderful reply redkermit! [clap2]
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
HisGrace, I love your new avatar!!

Yah,I guess it's not bad eh.? This is the first time I have seen it in one of the forums. [Big Grin] I did it last night and didn't bother to check it out.

Listen guys, I don't understand why you say that JH doesn't believe in evangelizing the Jews. He just doesn't believe in sticking his nose right in their face. I am sure he is cognitive to his proper place in respecting them, and he is evangelizing millions, including Jews, on his TV programme.

They certainly would know how he stands on salvation, and if I were in his shoes I would consider my love a planted seed and then turn the rest over to God ,and leave this very delicate situation in God's hands. This element seems to be missing from the discussions. God is in control - what about His part?

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Oh My! I shudder to think what might have become of the Gospel if it had never been preached where it was illegal! That BA is a mute point IMHO.

HisGrace, I love your new avatar!!

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

"the enemy seeks like a roaring lion". To preach to the Jews is a dangerous matter and if I'm not mistaken, it is ILLEGAL to preac Jesus as the Messiah in the land of Israel currently.

Likewise it is dangerous to preach to Islam, on the pain of death, especially now, for those "cross-lovers" and "crusaders".

The house of Israel and the house of Judah have been currently set aside or in abeyance (to use epouraniois's phrase), so when we say that brother John Hagee does not "preach to the Jews", who are we talking about? The Israelis currently in the land of Israel?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Israelis have strict laws against preaching Christianity in Israel, and kick foreign preachers out of Israel right now, isn't that true?

BORN AGAIN by the [Cross] of Lord God Jeshuah of Nazareth, but born in Bethlehem-Judah, as Micah 5:2 said. Lord, send me Your house of Israel and Your house of Judah, and I will fish them.

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I may jump in here,

I do not think pastor Hagee is against preaching to anyone, he does a fine job at that as anyone can watch him on TV and hear preaching.

What pastor Hagee advocates, the way I understand him, Is we should not "evangelize" to the Jewish people.

But I have a problem with that. We have missionaries that go and evangelize to the people in Africa, India, and to the uttermost parts of the earth.

I have to agree with HFHS in that in this time, there is no Jew or Greek and the gospel and evanglizing should go forth to everyone.

And of course we should be living witnesses and love everyone including the Jewish people.

If ALL men today need Christ, then that is inclusive, not exclusive. For today is the day of salvation.

Shalom to all here.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

[thumbsup2]
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Thank you for your reply HisGrace. It does help me to see where you are coming from whether we agree or not. [thumbsup2]
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Listen my friend if you have a Jewish friend, you must live before him as a representative of Christ. Love him, care for him, and let the light of your faith shine to him. The Jewish people have experienced the hatred of Chritianity for more than two thousand years begiining with the crusadea and enveloping into the Halocaust of the twenthieth century. The have not seen the unqualified love of Christianity. It is time for the Jewish community of the world to experience practical acts of kindness from Christians without a hidden agenda.

This is the way Jesus would treat them. We are not only supposed to witness to non-Christians; we are supposed let 'be a witness' so that they are convicted to desire what we have. We have planted a seed and the rest is up to God and the Holy Spirit.
quote:
His Grace, he believes that that is the only time that they will be brought to Christ and that to witness to them now is a waste of time!
I think you are misunderstanding his message HFHS. If he preaches a fire and brimstone type of message and has a burden for souls, how can he separate that passion when he has such a love for the Jewish people. I don't think he believes for one single minute that every single Jewish person will be saved only during the tribulation. He did say in one of exerpts you quoted -

quote:
Bible scholars agree that Paul's statement that "all Israel will be saved means Israel "as a whole" not every single individual.
Just as the phrase "the fullness of the Gentiles" (Romans 11:25) does not mean every single Gentile will accept Jesus as Messiah, even so, not every single child of Israel will place his faith in Christ

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

HisGrace: I would like to understand how you see that this is what his message does (as shown above)when part of his message is that the church has no duty to preach the Gospel to Israel?

How do you see that this specific message of pastor Hagee's does just that?

How do you reconcile the fact that Pastor Hagee has two messages that contradict each other:

1. All men today need Christ
2. The church has no duty to evangleize the jew

with this scripture:

Matthew 12:33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

Again I will not respond with comment on your post... you have my word. I do not seek to be understood here, but to understand. I am truly done on this subject and have no intentions of debating with you, but would like to understand your thought process. Thanks for your response.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
At this time there is neither Jew not Greek; At this time the Gospel is to be preached to all Creatures; it is the duty of the church to lift Christ up in worship, to preach the gospel for a witness, and to be the salt and light in the world - the voice of the bride is the voice of preaching the Gospel, because it is the voice of worship of our risen Lord.

That is exactly what Rev. Hagee's message does. The Jews have access to the same message as I do. It's all about planting seed, and love is part of that seed. I am sure Pastor Hagee is praying for that seed to fall on fertile ground.
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

I wont post anymore on this; I believe that there is a war being waged by powers and principalities that seeks to divide the body over this issue of whether the Jew should be evangelized. I think that John Hagee is right on in many areas, but he is dead wrong to say tha we have no duty to evangelize the Jew:

quote:
Hagee says his views are based on chapters nine through 11 of Paul's letter to the Romans. "Paul says the Jewish people have been blinded to the identity of Jesus by the hand of God for the benefit of the Gentiles, and they remain blinded to this day," says Hagee, who believes in the long run that "all Israel will be saved."

Thus, he believes Christians have no duty to evangelize Jews but that "Gentiles are commanded to treat Jewish people lovingly until the revelation of Jesus to them." Hagee's study leads him to conclude that this commandment has been disobeyed for centuries by Christians, some of whom fanned the flames of anti-Semitism.

While Hagee doesn't think evangelizing Jews is an essential part of the Christian life, he believes that loving them is, and he publicly proclaims that belief in typically black-and-white terms.

He declares: "It is not possible to say, 'I am a Christian,' and not love the Jewish people."

At this time there is neither Jew not Greek; At this time the Gospel is to be preached to all Creatures; it is the duty of the church to lift Christ up in worship, to preach the gospel for a witness, and to be the salt and light in the world - the voice of the bride is the voice of preaching the Gospel, because it is the voice of worship of our risen Lord.

What ever Hagee is doing... what he is speaking is in error. It is not loving to claim to love anyone if you do not love them enough to preach the Gospel to them. Yes, the yes of Israel will be opened; yes God has not forsaken Israel... but we need to remember something... in the days of Noah for 120 years Noah preached by building the ark and there were only 8 saved!!!!

We do not know who the church/Bride is - we have to preach the Gospel to find out and we have to preach it to all creatures.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Hagee, because he understands what is coming to Israel in Daniel's 70th week feels that he can ignore the very command of Jesus and does not need preach the Gospel to the nation of Israel at this time and that is error at best heresy at worst.

If you listen to his sermons on TV, he is preaching the gospel to everyone, Jew and Gentile alike?? I am sure much seed is planted during these messages.

Romans 11:10-12 Let their eyes go blind so they cannot see, and let their backs grow weaker and weaker."
Did God's people stumble and fall beyond recovery? Of course not! His purpose was to make his salvation available to the Gentiles, and then the Jews would be jealous and want it for themselves. Now if the Gentiles were enriched because the Jews turned down God's offer of salvation, think how much greater a blessing the world will share when the Jews finally accept it.

~The Jewish people are deeply rooted in their old laws and traditions, and it is going to take something drastic to lift the veil off of their eyes. God has his own timetable to bring prophecy into the fore, and I am sure Pastor Hagee has the discernment to know that we have to wait for God's timing to lift the veil off of their eyes. Who knows how many Jewish people he may already have influenced.

I have heard another preacher say that a rabbi admitted recently that the Messiah they are waiting for may actually be Jesus. What a miracle revelation. [spiny] The tide is changing - would we hear that said five or ten years ago?

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

His Grace, he believes that that is the only time that they will be brought to Christ and that to witness to them now is a waste of time!

"The completion of the mission TO
the gentiles will result in or lead to Israel's fullness is the Greek word pleroma. The word refers not to a neumerical capacity, but to a sense of completeness. The completion of the mission [b]to the gentiles will result in or lead to Israel's fulleness or completion(Rom 11:12)her acceptance (Rom 11:15) writes Walter C Kaiser Jr, Peter H Davis, FF Bruce and Manfred T Brauch in Hard Sayings of the Bible.

Paul proclaims this future realization of God's intentions as "a mystery" (Romans 11:25).... the most instructive parallel to this text which invisions the grafting of both Gentile and Jew into the same olive tree is Ephesians 3:3-6 where Paul says that the content of the "mystery of Christ" is the inclusion of the Gentiles as fellow heirs of the proimise with the Jews in the new community of Christ's body.

Bible scholars agree that Paul's statement that "all Israel will be saved means Israel "as a whole" not every single individual. Just as the phrase "the fullness of the Gentiles" (Romans 11:25) does not mean every single Gentile will accept Jesus as Messiah, even so, not every single child of Israel will place his faith in Christ. But whenthe fullness of the Gentiles has come and the church age is complete, then God will remove the Jew's blindness(Romans 11:10)to the identity of the Messiah and "all Israel will be saved" (Romans 11:26)

"What is also clear from the whole thrust of the discussion in Romans 9-11." write the authors of Hard Sayings of the Bible, is that God's purposes for the salvation of Israel will be realized in no other way and by no other means that through the preaching of the Gospel and the response of faith."

Israel, unsaved at the beginning of Tribulation will receive a multitude of witnesses and signs so that individuals will experience salvation through the 7 year period and the nation will be saved at Jesus' return.

Battle for Jerusalem, John Hagee, pp 242

Now, at first glance HisGrace, or anyone else listening, that sounds real good. I also believe that "all Israel" will be saved. I also believe that after the church is raptured God is going to lift the blindeness. BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT!!!

BUT... right now there is neither Jew nor Greek and every decendant of Abraham that dies without Christ dies without salvation!!! There is no more grace found in the Law!!!!!!!

Hebrews 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

Hebrews 10:28 He that despised Moses’ law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

During this time... in this age.. during the time of the Gentiles there is no salvation for those who die without Christ! There is no excuse for not following Christ....

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

There is neither Greek nor Jew in this age. Salvation come to them that believe and to none that dont!!!

Hagee, because he understands what is coming to Israel in Daniel's 70th week feels that he can ignore the very command of Jesus and does not need preach the Gospel to the nation of Israel at this time and that is error at best heresy at worst. It is a tragedy and a diservice to the people that he claims to love as much as it is when the church says we will care for the homosexual and not tell them the truth about sin, or we will feed the poor starving people of India and not preach the Gospel

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
I really like John Hagee; I love his fire and brimstone style and I have honestly learned a lot listening to him. I love that he speaks with authority and that he does not mince words.

To Hagee's credit, he does believe that when Israel comes to salvation it will be through the hearing and acceptance of the Gospel in faith and before Christ returns.

Thanks for that HFHS.

Great post. Even though he may not be saying 'Ye must be born again' at every turn with the Jewish people, I am sure he has enough intelligent discernment and wisdom to realize that many, many Jews will brought to Jesus during the tribulation.

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

I really like John Hagee; I love his fire and brimstone style and I have honestly learned a lot listening to him. I love that he speaks with authority and that he does not mince words.

I was racking my brain to recall when and where I learned this about his beliefs. But it is the truth. I am not sure now if I saw him speaking and speak of this or if I read it in one of his books. I recall a discussion with a rabbi, and two other men on this subject and either he was part of it or he was mentioned by them in this regard and now I cant even remember the details of that. I have been putting in some long days and not had time to seek where it was that I learned this, but I am today no longer able to listen to him.

That did not happen right away. But the enjoyment of hearing him has gone for me and I suspect that it is because while I am not sure that I would go so far as to say that he preaches another gospel, I do feel that he teaches inccorectly in regard to this age and the Great Commission. I do not believe that Paul ceased to preach to Jews when he preached in Macedonia and Galatia and Ionia and in Lydia, he preached the Gospel to whom ever would listen.

The Jews that live and die during this time need to die with Christ.... the Jews that will come to salvation during the 70th week of Daniel will come to Christ!!!!! There is no other way unto salvation. There never has been.

To Hagee's credit, he does believe that when Israel comes to salvation it will be through the hearing and acceptance of the Gospel in faith and before Christ returns. My problem is that does not change our preaching of the gospel today. We are not according to scripture to be concerned with who will hear and come, we are to sow and sow equally for in this time there is neither Greek nor Jew.

I did find this in his book " The Battle for Jerusalem" (Bold by me)

quote:
Vertually all Jews, including the most secular, reject the evangelical view that you can in an remain a Jew in the ethnic sense while accepting Christianity - indeed the Israeli Supreme Court based a 1960s ruling on that consensus. To "Support Israel" while actively seeking to convert Jews is in Jewish eyes to couple a caress with a stab in the back.

Listen my friend if you have a Jewish friend, you must live before him as a representative of Christ. Love him, care for him, and let the light of your faith shine to him. The Jewish people have experienced the hatred of Chritianity for more than two thousand years begiining with the crusadea and enveloping into the Halocaust of the twenthieth century. The have not seen the unqualified love of Christianity. It is time for the Jewish community of the world to experience practical acts of kindness from Christians without a hidden agenda.

Paul taught that the Jews will be provoked to jealousy (Romon's 11:11), and when they ask about your faith, you then may fulfill the teaching of Peter, which says, "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts and always be ready to give a defenseto everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear"

Battle for Jerusalem, Hagee, pp. 84

Hagee believes that the Jews will be saved during the tribulation when they are no more blind and not one moment before to evangleize them now is anti-semetic and keeps us from being able to support them which we are called to do.

Now knowing this and realizing the number of Jews living in this country - citizens of this country and think about here is Hagee evangelical Christian and supporter of Israel and then think of D James Kennedy who believes that we need to return America to her Christian roots.

Then read this article and see where this is going....

http://www.adl.org/religious_freedom/religion_in_america.asp

It leads to some very interesting thoughts about where the born again bible beliving child of God should be and what our concerns should be about..

The spirit of anti christ does work and we are being set up Christian against Christian because we are too busy being about Caesar's business and not busy enough being about the Father's business.

redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[updown]

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
Originally posted by yahsway:
You know, if there is one thing i have learned in my christian walk is that we are always learning. And I know that some of us are willing to check it out like you said, if a warning has gone out.

I really like John Hagees preaching. I just happen to disagree with his belief that we should not take the gospel to the Jews. When I hear statements like that, and I have heard Hagee say it several times as well as others, I tend to think how Satan probably doesn't want them to hear and accept the gospel either. And that breaks my heart.

But I take comfort in knowing that there are those out there winning precious Jewish souls to their Messiah Jesus and that there has been more Jewish people accept Jesus as their Messiah/Savior in the last 20 years than the past 2000 years.

I know of several messianic communities that live in Israel, Jewish believers, and they are on the front lines so to speak, and you would not believe the persecution they recieve from their un-believing Jewish brothers and sisters. And yet they press on. And most of them will tell you it was from a non-Jewish believer that they heard the gospel message of Yeshua from.

The gospel is for ALL peoples. We should not exclude anyone from hearing it, and should not teach people to exclude certain people groups from hearing it. Shalom

Amen yahsway.

I like John Hagee's style of preaching as well, but I do think he has some doctrinal problems and this Jewish salvation subject is a serious one.

Thanks for the back-up, even though I know that's not your main purpose for posting.

You have proven that one can acknowledge the truth without defensivesness or anger and do so with kindness and respect.

Much appreciated.

The Hagee thing (and others) just perplexes me to no end. I simply don't understand how one can claim to love the Jews so much and yet refuse to share Jesus with them. It makes absolutely no sense. How does Satan use a "man of God" like that? It just has to make me question him. I don't get it.

But you're right, the Lord has raised up plenty of others to take His Word to His people. Praise God for each and every one of them.

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes indeed and the Word is more important than(www.iam.the.world's.greatest.authority.on.heresy.even.though.i.know.diddly.squat.about.the.bible.com}

First, I have never implied that I am the world's greatest authority on anything. I most assuredly am not.
Second, to imply that I don't know "diddly squat" about the bible is not only false, but it's rude and stupid.

Please don't try to turn it around to make it look like I was personally referring to you. I was talking about all of these ridiculous sites that everyone keeps cutting and pasting.
Not trying to turn anything around or make it "look like" anything. I don't operate that way. I did think you were referring to me. If I was mistaken, then I apologize.

How would I know that you were referring to ridiculous websites? I certainly didn't include any in my posts to you, nor did I cut and paste anything.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
quote:

Yes indeed and the Word is more important than(www.iam.the.world's.greatest.authority.on.heresy.even.though.i.know.diddly.squat.about.the.bible.com}

First, I have never implied that I am the world's greatest authority on anything. I most assuredly am not.
Second, to imply that I don't know "diddly squat" about the bible is not only false, but it's rude and stupid.

Please don't try to turn it around to make it look like I was personally referring to you. I was talking about all of these ridiculous sites that everyone keeps cutting and pasting.
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, if there is one thing i have learned in my christian walk is that we are always learning. And I know that some of us are willing to check it out like you said, if a warning has gone out.

I really like John Hagees preaching. I just happen to disagree with his belief that we should not take the gospel to the Jews. When I hear statements like that, and I have heard Hagee say it several times as well as others, I tend to think how Satan probably doesn't want them to hear and accept the gospel either. And that breaks my heart.

But I take comfort in knowing that there are those out there winning precious Jewish souls to their Messiah Jesus and that there has been more Jewish people accept Jesus as their Messiah/Savior in the last 20 years than the past 2000 years.

I know of several messianic communities that live in Israel, Jewish believers, and they are on the front lines so to speak, and you would not believe the persecution they recieve from their un-believing Jewish brothers and sisters. And yet they press on. And most of them will tell you it was from a non-Jewish believer that they heard the gospel message of Yeshua from.

The gospel is for ALL peoples. We should not exclude anyone from hearing it, and should not teach people to exclude certain people groups from hearing it. Shalom

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:

You know. It is beyond me how an adult is unable to engage in a grown-up conversation sometimes.

Why is it so hard for you to admit that I (or anyone else for that matter) might actually be right sometimes? All you had to do was say thanks for the info., I'll check it out.

I didn't post to you with any malicious intent whatsoever; in fact, quite the opposite. And yet you come out with "guns-a-blazin".

What is your problem? Seriously.

Some people actually appreciate information that might prove helpful. If I were being led down the wrong path by someone I was listening to, I would hope that someone would care enough to say something.

Christians who drive recklessly shouldn't put Jesus bumper stickers on their cars, and Christians who can't be nice, show a little humility, or actually extend some grace, shouldn't have nicknames like HisGrace.

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
It seems to me that the "exposing false teaching" forum is more of a way of stiffling discussion than anything else. I dont think that Hardcore was doing anything out of line... it was a simple matter of conversation to share those thoughts on Hagee and they were the truth.

Hagee is not alone either there are many people who do not feel like we need to evangelize the Jew today and even that it is insult to them that we do.

I really think that we ought to be able to have conversation with out someone censoring what forum we are posting in. Hardcore did not start a thread to speak against Hagee in the Bible Studies forum, she just stated a simple fact.

If she had stated it to me and I did not want to hear it I would have just told her
so. "Hardcore, I like Hagee and I dont want to know or hear from you his faults."

Why do we always have to be harassing people about where they are posting? I have posted things in the Bible studies forum and been told I was not positng in the right place and David himself has posted in that same thread and found no offense or need to move the topic. Why must we always be trying to censor or dictate what someone has to share?

It is silly, isn't it?

No matter where the thread, you know what I'd like to see just once?

An answer like this:

"Gee hardcore, I wasn't aware that John Hagee believes that Jews don't need Jesus. If it's true, then I guess that would be a problem. I'll check it out, and if it is true, I won't be watching him anymore. Thanks for the heads-up".

Can you imagine one of us getting a reply like that?

Instead, it's assumed that we're on the attack (and wrong, of course) rather than simply trying to make our brothers and sisters aware of something that's pretty darn important.

I guess some people would just rather argue than admit that they might be wrong. Reminds me of the proverbial 3 year old who answers his mom with a belligerent "no" every time she asks him to do something.

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

It seems to me that the "exposing false teaching" forum is more of a way of stiffling discussion than anything else. I dont think that Hardcore was doing anything out of line... it was a simple matter of conversation to share those thoughts on Hagee and they were the truth.

Hagee is not alone either there are many people who do not feel like we need to evangelize the Jew today and even that it is insult to them that we do.

I really think that we ought to be able to have conversation with out someone censoring what forum we are posting in. Hardcore did not start a thread to speak against Hagee in the Bible Studies forum, she just stated a simple fact.

If she had stated it to me and I did not want to hear it I would have just told her
so. "Hardcore, I like Hagee and I dont want to know or hear from you his faults."

Why do we always have to be harassing people about where they are posting? I have posted things in the Bible studies forum and been told I was not positng in the right place and David himself has posted in that same thread and found no offense or need to move the topic. Why must we always be trying to censor or dictate what someone has to share?

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

posted February 02, 2006

quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
I often agree with sister HisGrace, but I also agree with you in this one case about the part that for example, I {BORN AGAIN} do not need ANY specialized forum for anything. I'll talk to you you anytime anywhere. I suppose it might have been tiring to Paul to spend a day and a half in the drink, but then I never tire of hearing where we can do better.

You sure make me smile sometimes BA. I did move this particular discussion over to the "Exposing" forum.

Regarding Hinn. If you can come up with a medically verifiable healing, I'll be impressed. No one else has been able to.

I'm afraid Mr. Hinn is a sham my friend, for more than one reason - the proverbial wolf in sheep's clothing.

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

posted February 02, 2006

Posted by HisGrace:

quote:
It does indeed get tiring having to continually remind Christians that God's Word is the Truth, and that it's important, and that it's more important than tv evangelists.

"Don't continue to attach yourself to anything that hurts God."

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

posted February 02, 2006

BornAgain:
dear sister hardcore, you write to sister HisGrace {bold by BORN AGAIN}

"Guess you got it all figured out then. And thanks for the reminder about the forum. I do need to keep in mind how uncomfortable some people are with facing the truth. You're right. It does indeed get tiring having to continually remind Christians that God's Word is the Truth, and that it's important, and that it's more important than tv evangelists."

Touché on the bolded part.

[Big Grin] remembering that we are talking about and also to accepted sons and daughters in the Beloved, fully adopted sons and daughters of the Great King of Israel, then you further say

"Hope I haven't completely worn you out with too much reality."

I often agree with sister HisGrace, but I also agree with you in this one case about the part that for example, I {BORN AGAIN} do not need ANY specialized forum for anything. I'll talk to you you anytime anywhere. I suppose it might have been tiring to Paul to spend a day and a half in the drink, but then I never tire of hearing where we can do better.

Adopted sister hardcore says to adopted sister HisGrace:

"By the way; anybody can say anything on a website. Mission Statements aren't gospel. What they don't say can be more enlightening in some cases than what they do say.

I'm sure Joel Osteen's statement probably doesn't mention that he doesn't believe in preaching sin. And I'll bet Rick Warren's statement doesn't mention anything about all the new age unscriptural garbage in his books. Do you think Benny Hinn mentions anything about his false prophecies and fake healings in his statement?"

I like the ones about Joel O. and Rick W., but fake healings with Benny Hinn?

sister hardcore, update me if I'm wrong, but I have watched adopted brother Benny Hinn many times and if any or many! are fake healings, brother Benny has got an "enormous actor bill to pay each month".

Hundreds of different people have walked up on that stage and "acted it out real good with Benny Hinn"? sister hardcore, perhaps you need to check your miracle reality like sister HisGrace needs to check her "getting tired of" reality?

Lord, remember us on CBBS when You come into Your kingdom"; I am BORN AGAIN in the USA by the of Lord God Jeshuah of Nazareth/born in Bethlehem of Judah (Micah 5:2) ("...I'm just fishin'..." )

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement