Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Dig This~Yikes

Author Topic: Dig This~Yikes
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
Brothers Caretaker and WildB - You are Blessed to have been removed from that board. You're much better off from what I can see here! [Wink]

Shalom in Yeshua our Messiah! [hug] [hug]

Thankyou my gracefull sister~ Elder Caretaker is the man of reason I am the worm as Jacob.

Isa.41

[14] Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

My commission is in this post.

http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004435;p=1#000000

I will allways know who/when let the dogs out. LOL

I will sound my trumpet and put forth my sword.

Bible, King James Version
1 match.

Neh.4

1. [17] They which builded on the wall, and they that bare burdens, with those that laded, every one with one of his hands wrought in the work, and with the other hand held a weapon.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brothers Caretaker and WildB - You are Blessed to have been removed from that board. You're much better off from what I can see here! [Wink]

Shalom in Yeshua our Messiah! [hug] [hug]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 7 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the Watchman on the wall has seen the guilty dog bark once after getting hit in its pack, but never has he seen one bark 4 times from the same hit of the sound of his trumpet.. LoL

BARK
Parture
Community Member
Member # 4982

The accuser accuses without substantiating his accusing.

This is the essence of the evil spirit. Posts: 9 | Registered: Aug 2005

BARK

Parture
Community Member
Member # 4982

The evil spirit also when accuses relishes in his vagaries, mischaracterizings, cunning questions and other oddities.

Let us be more Christ-like. When it gets this bad, what did Jesus do? He did not open his mouth.

"He was oppressed, yet when he was afflicted he opened not his mouth; as a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and as a sheep that before its shearers is dumb, so he opened not his mouth" (Isaiah 53.7).

There is nothing you can say the great accusers who accuse without substantiating their reason. They hate and so they accuse; they do not know authority, nor submission in the church, and thus, all they are left with is accusation without the love of the Lord in their independent, reviling and hostile self. Some simply don't know the body life.

Shameful! Posts: 9

BARK

Parture
Community Member
Member # 4982

Not interested in a poisoned spirit of dissension.

One last post...

BARK

Parture
Community Member
Member # 4982

...As you contend, I will leave you with this,

forums

All proofs are where you can find them regarding your hostility towards the teaching of God's Word, which have been substantiated

You can find the other proofs also in similar stickies. However, we should not cast what is holy onto dogs and pearls before the swine.

Seeya.

Parture don't give up your day job.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parture
Community Member
Member # 4982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parture   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...As you contend, I will leave you with this,

forums

All proofs are where you can find them regarding your hostility towards the teaching of God's Word, which have been substantiated

You can find the other proofs also in similar stickies. However, we should not cast what is holy onto dogs and pearls before the swine.

Seeya.

Posts: 9 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parture
Community Member
Member # 4982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parture   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not interested in a poisoned spirit of dissension.

One last post...

Posts: 9 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parture
Community Member
Member # 4982

The evil spirit also when accuses relishes in his vagaries, mischaracterizings, cunning questions and other oddities.

Let us be more Christ-like. When it gets this bad, what did Jesus do? He did not open his mouth.

"He was oppressed, yet when he was afflicted he opened not his mouth; as a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and as a sheep that before its shearers is dumb, so he opened not his mouth" (Isaiah 53.7).

There is nothing you can say the great accusers who accuse without substantiating their reason. They hate and so they accuse; they do not know authority, nor submission in the church, and thus, all they are left with is accusation without the love of the Lord in their independent, reviling and hostile self. Some simply don't know the body life.

Shameful!

Parture
Community Member
Member # 4982

The accuser accuses without substantiating his accusing.

This is the essence of the evil spirit.

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 19 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Parture:
Satan is the great accuser right? He sins bearing false witness and accuses vaguely right, without basis in order to deceive?

WildBill sounds wild, for he wrote, "VERY SCARRY The spirit of Jim Jones rides again". What basis? He never showed why based on what someone said, he just self-declared it mindlessly. This is not love, but the evil of emulating the false accuser, just like the Pharisees accused, even wanted to Lazarus for being raised from the dead. Do you bring someone into a house of God who makes these kind of accusations without foundation? of course not. You would need to cast someone this wild out of the church for he does damage and he is without the love of the Lord in his life. You can see it was prudent to ban that wildman bill.

There is so much that stinketh in this post, I can only post one reply.

and it is this.

1Kgs.8

1. [27] But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?

from the text of the dedication of the Temple.

http://www.hti.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/kjv-idx?type=DIV2&byte=1436287

So will Parture and fellow worms build a better temple?

I think not.

The temple of each mans soul has been cleansed by the blood of Christ.

Now pay attention~I will not repost this.

Ephesians 2

[13] But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
[14] For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
[15] Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
[16] And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
[17] And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
[18] For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
[19] Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
[20] And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
[21] In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
[22] In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

So are your saying we need to lay a new foundation of YOU the latter day apostles? LOL...Please.

Go and study your KJV Bible a little more before you post again. Your sillyness is just to much for this one to bear.

--------------------
That is all.....

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Parture if you would stick around perhaps we would have an opportunity to discuss FROM THE WORD, what is true and what is not. It is from the Word that I derive my doctrines, from exgesis of scripture, within its context.

Not one of my posts was contrary to scripture nor contrary to your forum policy.

It was when I was flooded in one PM with questions, three of which I had responded NO to already, and I responded with the pertinent scriptures, that in his arrogance Troy hit the "ban" button without just cause. Course the record shows that he has been quick on the trigger with any who disagree with him, in your little forum, and he has been banned 30 times, (going back under different aliases), from a wide-open Christian BB.

Of course when that which is taught: gap theory/restoration, partial rapture, Biblical Locality, as they define it for themselves and the arrogance of declaring themselves as "informal apostles", contrary to the Word, it is no wonder that they feel threatened and insecure.

Your forum is enemy territory, not true to the Word of God, and that is why I posted as Garotte so as not to lend my Caretaker nick to any of your forum content nor reveal my password to those who believe and teach what is false.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parture
Community Member
Member # 4982

Yikes!
Parture
Community Member
Member # 4982

Satan is the great accuser right? He sins bearing false witness and accuses vaguely right, without basis in order to deceive?

WildBill sounds wild, for he wrote, "VERY SCARRY The spirit of Jim Jones rides again". What basis? He never showed why based on what someone said, he just self-declared it mindlessly. This is not love, but the evil of emulating the false accuser, just like the Pharisees accused, even wanted to Lazarus for being raised from the dead. Do you bring someone into a house of God who makes these kind of accusations without foundation? of course not. You would need to cast someone this wild out of the church for he does damage and he is without the love of the Lord in his life. You can see it was prudent to ban that wildman bill.

Caretaker - have you ever met someone who always talks around you inconsiderately? This is what Caretaker is like, never speaking personally or specifically. Others here at ChristianBBS can identify with this. For example, you might ask him, why do you not believe something particular (e.g. laying on of hands), and instead of responding with a reason, he simply quotes the Scriptures as though somehow the Scriptures agree with him and we are to be mind readers. This is his consistent behavior pattern which is selfish; and he is not pointing to the truth of the Scriptures, but trying to make it seem like the Scriptures are pointing to him in what he believes.

It appears Caretaker (Garotte) did not care for board etiquette in his behavior (see the 5th item under board etiquette).
http://biblocality.com/forums/rules.php

Notice Caretaker reproduced his response in this thread (which you can read for yourself) to these questions when he was talking to the forum owner, "Why don't you believe in overcoming in Christ? (question 8). Why don't you believe in the restoration of creation? (question 9). Why don't you believe in the laying on of hands? (question 16) Do you believe in partial rapture? If not, why? Do you believe in Biblical locality? If not, why?" These questions were given to him personally (this does not happen with most members) only because of his posting style which was to not abide in the board etiquette observed by seeing his postings, quoting Scripture but not explaining himself of which many of those posts no longer exist, but a few remain that you can read that are not as bad. His response never actually answered any of the questions as he showed what his response was. This is that same problem of answering by not answering and talking around people which is belligerent and obstinate, why he was banned. What else can one do but ban this person as their just too much pride there in pointing the Scriptures to himself? Sounds reasonable.

Caretaker writes, "Banned and not once did I post against their doctrine, debate their contrary teachings or at any time speak against their interpretations. I merely answered no to 3 of the questions on the questionare, which immediately made me suspect." When you say "NO" it is against the teaching, yet this is not why Caretake was banned as said. He wants to think he was banned for this reason, but he was not. He was banned for not abiding in the board etiquette (item #5), by his spamming answers with Scripture as though that is the answer that would agree with his beliefs, without his own actual words and beliefs. Do you see how this behavior is belligerent and obstinate and incosiderate? This type of poster is very selfish and self-centered, not to mentioning that selfishness answering to rationalize his false teachings.

Take a look at the unethicalness of wildbill. He asks a bunch of questions as though somehow these are appropriate questions. What these are questions attempting to sin bearing false witness. The answer to such questions was simply "Explicitly it is already stated [referring to the post Selling All], but to say it again, simply, whatever the Holy Spirit leads you to do is the calling. Falling short of whatever the Holy Spirit indicates to you personally will affect your conscience. You must not ask me for a legalism."

Bill's questions were, "Are you saying that it is imperative to divest ones self of all eartly wealth,and give it to the poor before we can progress spiritually? Or are you saying that we should but Jesus will interceed for us if we dont?all we have to do is admit our inability to part with that wealth and we can keep it and still enter the Kingdom? What are you saying explicitly?That we cannot be christians without?or that we can but we have to admit that parting with all our worldly possessions is beyond our ability?"

These either or questions are wrong, since it is not either or.

Where does he misread to even ask these questions? He doesn't say, so you know he is trying to sin bearing false witness just as he did by blaming security measures for the forum. Perhaps wildB wants to open up the forum to further attacks.

When one is deeply led in the Lord, it is not difficult to see the game of others emulating that great vague accuser. A courteous person would not act this way. They would read something, and if they did not understand it, they would quote it specifically and ask about it, instead of asking either or questions that are wrong to ask, since it leaves no possibility for any other option. Do you see how deceivers deceive? Very wild!

Did you find it odd that wildB reproduced time stamping stuff without posting text, but never gave a reason for doing so? Also note wildB bolds his deceiving questions, the title of the thread Selling All (not actually reading the post, just looking at the title, lol).

various kinds of posters get belligerent, like Keifer appears to be abusive towards women and rejecting the Word of God towards women; legalizing the Word of God like a bad lawyer for the evil spirit to make Christianity look like a man-centric faith. Posters come on and try to actually defend this stuff. Who has time for such nonsense since those who believe such things simply won't repent.

Caretaker sins, "for any who disagree with their wresting of scripture has/will be banned". This is not true on the forum for if you look at the various profiles of beliefs, there is all kinds; so then what would be the real reason for banning? As stated, belligerency and obstinacy, being like that great false accuser and sinning bearing false witness. Who can deal with such people except by banning them from a place of fellowship in Christ?

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 9 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TROYS TAKE ON SELLING ALL>VERY SCARRY The spirit of Jim Jones rides again.....................

Old 01-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Admin

Send a message via Skype to Troy
Default Selling All
And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, even God. Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother. And he said, All these things have I observed from my youth up. And when Jesus heard it, he said unto him, One thing thou lackest yet: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when he heard these things, he became exceeding sorrowful; for he was very rich. And Jesus seeing him said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! For it is easier for a camel to enter in through a needle’s eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. And they that heard it said, Then who can be saved? But he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God. And Peter said, Lo, we have left our own, and followed thee. And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or wife, or brethren, or parents, or children, for the kingdom of God’s sake, who shall not receive manifold more in this time, and in the world to come eternal life.

Luke 18:18-30

The Prerequisite

To help young believers walk in this path of selling all, the church herself needs to be living in such a state. It would be most difficult for young ones to be told to walk one way and yet to be shown another way. If the church is not a consecrated church, she has no right to speak of consecration. If she is not separated from the world, she is not entitled to mention baptism or separation. If the brethren do not sell all and follow the Lord, what good is it to instruct young believers to sell all? God’s children need to live in the way wherewith they wish to help others. This does not rule out the possibility that some of God’s specially chosen souls may yet walk in this way even though the church does not take such a position, but it does mean it will be impossible for the most to go along. Should most of the brethren be wholly abandoned to God, it will be easier for newcomers to do likewise. But if we do not give all, how can we expect beginners to lay their all on the altar? For this path of selling all to be carried through, the local assembly itself must be strong in this respect.

The Lesson of the Young Ruler

Let us start with the example of the young ruler in Luke 18. He was a man of good conduct, not a bad person before God. He had kept all the commandments and had shown due respect to the Lord Jesus by calling Him a good teacher. And the Lord Jesus considered him quite precious, for to meet such a person was rare. Looking upon him, Jesus loved him.

However, the Lord set down one requirement. If anyone desires to serve Him, he must be perfect. Notice what the Lord said: "If thou wouldst be perfect. . . . One thing thou lackest yet" (Matt. 19:21; Lk. 18:22). In other words, the Lord wants those who follow Him to follow Him perfectly, not lacking in anything. People cannot follow God if they have solved ninety and nine of their problems but have yet one problem unsolved. To follow God demands the whole being. It must be all or not at all.

Indeed, this young ruler had kept the commandments from his youth up. He habitually feared God. Yet he lacked one thing. He needed to sell all his property and distribute the proceeds to the poor; then the way would be clear for him to come and follow the Lord.

1. TO FOLLOW THE LORD MEANS TO SELL ALL

Have you seen that no one can possibly follow the Lord if he does not sell all that he has? This exacting demand must be clearly understood. According to the record of the Bible, when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful, for he was one who had great possessions. Having come so near to the Lord and having seen so clearly too, he yet kept his sorrow even as he determined to keep his wealth. "For the love of money . . . have pierced themselves through with many sorrows" (I Tim. 6:10). Men may hoard wealth but they cannot hoard happiness. As they accumulate wealth, they also accumulate trouble. In gathering wealth, they gather sorrows and problems. Here was a young man who kept his wealth but was unable to follow the Lord. If wealth is what you want, then you need not think of following the Lord. To keep wealth is also to keep your sorrow, for wealth and sorrow always go together.

He who gives up his wealth is a happy man, whereas he who is reluctant to part with it is a sad person. This statement is always true. Those who are greedy of material things dwell in sorrows. May the newly saved Christian seek happiness by laying aside all and following the Lord.

Having watched the young ruler depart sorrowfully, the Lord added a comment: "How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!" The question at first was: "What shall I do to inherit eternal life?" Now it is related to the matter of entering into the kingdom of God. In connection with this, Peter then asks who can be saved? To be saved, to have eternal life, and to enter into the kingdom of God are all three put together. If you wish to have eternal life, you must forsake all that you have or else you will be hindered. Remember, a rich man (that is, one who trusts in riches) has no way to enter into the kingdom of God. Indeed, the Lord would save such a one if he asked for it. But being saved, he would resign all. This does not mean that he was saved by forsaking his wealth. It simply affirms that once saved he will naturally abandon all.

As it is absolutely impossible for a camel to enter through a needle’s eye, so is it equally impossible for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. We Christians are all like camels, big or small camels, but nevertheless camels. Thus when Peter heard those words, he was frightened and therefore remonstrated, "Then who can be saved?" Peter after all was a Bible teacher. He combined the statement our Lord said to the young ruler with His latter comment and concluded that the rich cannot enter into the kingdom of God and that only those who have sold all can have eternal life. Peter did not feel easy with this teaching. If eternal life is to be obtained by works and not by faith, if the rich must sell all before he can enter into the kingdom of God, who then can be saved? Who is able to sell first and then obtain eternal life? Who is able to make himself poor before he is saved?

2. THE REAL ISSUE

The Lord Jesus answered with one sentence, and in this one sentence is the crux of the whole problem. Let us too hold onto this word: "The things which are impossible with men are possible with God." It is quite clear that such a thing as abandoning all to enter into the kingdom of God is unheard of in this world. The Lord acknowledges this as humanly impossible. What was wrong with the young ruler was not his inability to sell all, but rather his sorrowful departure. God knows it is impossible for men to sell and distribute all to the poor. But when the young man sadly left, he seemed to conclude that this was also impossible with God. Of course it is wrong for me not to forsake my all, but does not the Lord know all about it? Therefore the Lord declares: what is impossible with men is possible with God. How can anyone get a camel through a needle’s eye? Impossible. Similarly, people on this earth all love wealth and to ask them to sell all is to ask for the impossible. But if I go away with sorrow, then I am really wrong, for I have limited the power of God.

The young ruler could not abandon all, but God can do it. In other words, the Lord was prepared to give grace to the young man if he had only cried, "O Lord, I cannot abandon my wealth, but give me grace. What is impossible with me is possible with You. Enable me to do what I am unable to do. Lord, I just am too attached to my wealth to give it up and distribute it to the poor and then come and follow You, but You can make me to be what You want me to be." The mistake he made was to not pray, ask, and believe. He ought not to have sorrowfully departed. Man’s failure is not due to his weakness, but to his not accepting God’s strength. It is not in his inability but in not allowing God to enable him. He cannot do it, but why not let God deliver him? This is what the Lord stresses here. The things which are impossible with men are possible with God. Our Lord wanted to prove to the young ruler what God can do, but he, instead, went away with the conclusion that the thing was impossible to him.

Let us therefore see that there is always a way for us. If we can gladly forsake all, as Peter did, then we should thank God for that. But if we feel hesitant, as the young ruler did, then there is yet a way open to us. We merely need to bow our heads and say to the Lord, "I cannot," and He will undertake for us.

3. A CHRISTIAN MUST BE ABSOLUTE

Peter, after hearing what the Lord said, asked: "Lo, we have left our own, and followed thee," as if to say, "What then will happen to us?" The Lord’s answer shows it is well to leave all, for He said: anyone who has left house or wife or brethren or parents or children for My sake and for the sake of the gospel shall receive manifold more in this time, and in the world to come, eternal life. He does desire us to follow Him and to forsake all for His sake and the gospel’s sake. This clearly indicates the absolute necessity for a Christian to forsake all and follow the Lord.

Young believers need to know that unless they forsake all they cannot follow the Lord. We have a good example of this in the twelve apostles. When they were called by the Lord, they gladly and promptly left their boats, nets, and all and followed Him. They forsook without hesitancy. How we thank God for new believers like them. Nevertheless, even if some, like the young ruler, feel hesitant to sell all, they still are shown a way to follow the Lord. With men it is impossible, but with God all things are possible.

Let us remember: of the thirteen who were called, eleven followed eagerly, one pretended to follow, and one hesitated. The one who pretended was Judas and the one who hesitated was the young ruler. When the word of the Lord is proclaimed, do not imagine that of those who respond, there will be only one who truly follows the Lord. No, the Bible tells us there was only one who was afraid to follow. If the whole church walks in this way, there need be no fear of having too many young rulers. Such people do exist, but they are only occasionally encountered. Of the thirteen, eleven were quite absolute.
Troy
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Troy
Send email to Troy
Visit Troy's homepage!
Find all posts by Troy
Old 01-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Banned

Are you saying that it is imperative to divest ones self of all eartly wealth,and give it to the poor before we can progress spiritually?
Or are you saying that we should but Jesus will interceed for us if we dont?all we have to do is admit our inability to part with that wealth and we can keep it and still enter the Kingdom?
What are you saying explicitly?That we cannot be christians without?or that we can but we have to admit that parting with all our worldly possessions is beyond our ability?
IIt is a point i have often made else where that the early Christians held all things in common,and lay all they had at the feet of the apostles.
I have often wondered where this teaching dissapeared to.....Why we as converts are NOT expected to do that.
Also if we actually did do it,who then is qualified to accept such a gift?
Where are we supposed to donate this gift,and what then becomes of us?
How so we then survive in the world without wealth in some measure?

bertie
View Public Profile
Send a private message to bertie
Send email to bertie
Find all posts by bertie
Old 01-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Admin

Send a message via Skype to Troy
Explicitly it is already stated, but to say it again, simply, whatever the Holy Spirit leads you to do is the calling. Falling short of whatever the Holy Spirit indicates to you personally will affect your conscience. You must not ask me for a legalism.

--------------------
That is all.....

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Banned and not once did I post against their doctrine, debate their contrary teachings or at any time speak against their interpretations. I merely answered no to 3 of the questions on the questionare, which immediately made me suspect.

If they were not so sad, it would be a comedy.

Matt. 15:14
Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

God bless you Bill;

I just got banned permanently as Garotte.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"You have been banned for the following reason:
5 questions were put before you and you did not answer any of them which is extremely belligerant and quoting Scripture in vain and never explain yourself specificly.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

Here are the questions:

"Why don't you believe in overcoming in Christ? (question 8)

Why don't you believe in the restoration of creation? (question 9)

Why don't you believe in the laying on of hands?
(question 16)

Do you believe in partial rapture? If not, why?

Do you believe in Biblical locality? If not, why?"

This was made in a PM by the administrator Troy. Here is my answer to the questions, which I answered in PM:

The PM questions are accompanied by the actual question from the initial sign-up questionare and from their theological interpretation:

Why don't you believe in overcoming in Christ? (question 8)

8) Do you believe there is such a thing as a fleshly or carnal Christian and a matured or spiritual Christian; and that the larger proportion of all believers, though all saved, do not overcome in Christ before leaving the body of flesh and blood?

Romans 5:1,9 “Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:” “Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.” Man’s legal standing with Heaven is one of condemnation, and worthy of the righteous wrath of almighty God. Romans 3:23 “ For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God;”

Justification is the act of God whereby He accepts the blood of Christ as the complete and satisfying sacrifice for all human sin, propitiation, thus changing our legal status and establishing a means of reconciliation with man.

Believers are justified by the grace of God through faith. Titus 3:7 “That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.” Romans 3:28 “ Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.” We see that the status of man is changed from that of the condemned to that of an heir, one who is able to inherit. Thus man is reconciled to God through the propitiation of Jesus Christ and restored to full legal righteous standing.

If one is truly saved, justified, then the Holy Spirit will begin the process of Sanctification, with the evidence of the Fruit of the Spirit. The Believer will turn their heart more and more to God, and thus from the heart keep His Commandments.

The word sanctification means to be set apart. The Holy Spirit is endeavoring to make the believer holy (set apart from the world), and spiritual (set apart to reflect the character of God). This is being accomplished in four phases.

First, the believer at conversion in receiving Christ, is set apart from sin (forgiven) and set apart to Christ, this is preparational sanctification. Matt. 23:19 “Ye fools and blind; for which is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift.”
Second, the believer is set apart from the worldly realm and is set apart to the Heavenly realm, this is positional sanctification. John 17:21 “That they all may be one, as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.”
The third form of sanctification sets apart the believer from the “old man” (sin nature), to the “new man” (thirst after righteousness). This is practical sanctification. 1Thess. 5:23 “And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
The fourth form of sanctification sets apart from the stain of sin and sets us apart to be presented pure and without blemish before the judgment seat of Christ. This is prospective sanctification. Eph. 5:27 “That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Why don't you believe in the restoration of creation? (question 9)

Do you believe the universe is billions of years old and the first Adam was made in God's image about 6000 years ago; the 6 days of creation are 6 literal "summary" days of the period of restoration after God made the earth desolate in Gen. 1.2?

Genesis 1:
1: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2: And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3: And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4: And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5: And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
6: And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7: And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8: And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
9: And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
10: And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
11: And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12: And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
13: And the evening and the morning were the third day.
14: And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16: And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17: And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18: And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19: And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
20: And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
21: And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
22: And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
23: And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
24: And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
25: And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
26: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28: And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
29: And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
30: And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
31: And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Why don't you believe in the laying on of hands?
(question 16)

16. Do you believe in the laying on of hands is symbolizing being joined to the body of Christ, the Church; after one is born-again, the removing of individualism, accepting the authority of the Church and authority God has arranged for you?

Do you believe in the laying on of hands is symbolizing being joined to the body of Christ, the Church; after one is born-again

Water baptism then, is a picture of spiritual baptism as defined in Rom. 6:3-5 and 1 Corinthians 12:13. It is the outward testimony of the believer's inward faith. A sinner is saved the moment he places his faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Baptism is a visible testimony to that faith.
This is the SCRIPTURAL basis for water baptism. It PICTURES and PROCLAIMS four important things:
1. Scriptural baptism PICTURES and PROCLAIMS the believer's death, burial, and resurrection with Christ. "Buried with Him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with Him, through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised Him from the dead." Colossians 2:12
2. Scriptural baptism PICTURES and PROCLAIMS the death of our old life to sin, and our resurrection to walk in newness of life. "As Christ was raised up from the dead, by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." Romans 6:4
3. Scriptural baptism PICTURES and PROCLAIMS our faith in the Trinity of the Godhead. "Baptizing them in the NAME of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost." Matthew 28:19
4. Scriptural baptism PICTURES and PROCLAIMS our "putting on" of Christ. "For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. Galatians 3:26,27
So then, water baptism is a picture of what transpired when you placed your faith and trust in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ to save you from your sins (Romans 6:3-5). It does not atone for sin. Only the blood of Christ cleanses us from sin (I John 1:7; Colossians 1:14). Baptism is the outward symbol of what has already transpired in the heart of the one who has trusted the Lord Jesus Christ for full salvation. It is the outward identification of the Believer with Christ as a member of His body.

The laying on of Hands was for:
Impartation of the Holy Ghost
Healing
Consecration, the ordaining of individuals, impartation of authority.
II. IN THE NEW TESTAMENT

A. DURING THE MINISTRY OF JESUS...
1. Blessed children through laying on of hands with prayer - Mt
19:13-15; cf. Mk 10:13-16; Lk 18:15-17
2. Healed people by the laying on of hands
a. Raised Jairus' daughter (though He actually "took her by the
hand") - Mt 9:18,25
b. A few sick people in Nazareth - Mk 6:5
c. All who came to Him in Capernaum - Lk 4:40
d. The woman loosed from her infirmity of eighteen years - Lk
13:13

B. IN THE LIFE OF THE EARLY CHURCH...
1. The apostles healed by the laying on of hands
a. As foretold by Jesus in giving the Great Commission - Mk 16:
15-20
b. As described by Luke in the book of Acts - Ac 5:12; 28:8
2. Ananias restored Saul's sight by the laying on of hands - Ac 9:
3. Spiritual gifts were imparted by the laying on of hands
a. E.g., the Samaritans, by Peter and John - Ac 8:14-17
b. E.g., the Ephesians, by Paul - Ac 19:6
c. E.g., Timothy, by prophecy with the eldership - 1 Ti 4:14
d. E.g., Timothy, by Paul - 2 Ti 1:6
4. Appointment or dedication to service was accompanied with the
laying on of hands
a. By the apostles in appointing the seven to serve tables - Ac
6:1-6
b. By prophets and teachers in sending out Paul and Barnabas
- Ac 13:1-3
5. Caution was given regarding the laying on of hands - 1 Ti 5:22
a. Which some take to refer to the ordination of elders
b. While others take to refer to the restoration of elders
- cf. 1 Ti 5:19-21
1. The Biblical evidence for this practice is rather scarce...
a. One tendency can be to make more of the practice than God intends
b. Another can be to ignore it all together

2. Based upon what the Bible reveals...
a. I believe the practice can have a useful place in the lives of
Christians and the church
b. Its rich symbolism can have meaning, if for no other purpose
1) In appointing those selected to serve as elders, deacons, etc.
2) In praying for those who are sick

Do you believe in partial rapture? If not, why?

In the Rapture our Lord Jesus gathers His Bride, in whom His spirit dwells, (He who now letteth), from the earth prior to that man of sin being revealed, "2 Thess.2:
2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

In verse 2:7 we see the term "he who now letteth", this is a direct reference to the restraining influence of the Holy Spirit, who indwells all believers. Until He be taken away, and THEN that man of sin is revealed.

Please note that the lifting away of believers is NOT the second Advent for Christ does not set foot upon the mount of Olives, we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The Rapture

Matt. 25:1-13
25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went
forth to meet the bridegroom.
25:2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
25:3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
25:4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
25:5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
25:7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather
to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to
the marriage: and the door was shut.
25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Thess. 4:17-5:6
4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel,
and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet
the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail
upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of
darkness.
5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

2 Thess.2:
2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out
of the way.
2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth,
and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the
love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

"Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." (1 Cor. 15:51-52)

The Coming of the Lord

Matt. 24:29-31
24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Rev. 19:11-16
19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen,
white and clean.
19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall
rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty
God.
19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD
OF LORDS.

Rev. 19:8
"To her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Rev. 19:14
"And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean."

Notice the fine linen white and clean is the righteousness of saints, which are in heaven.

We will then return with the Lord to the earth, and He will destroy the wicked and establish the Millennial Kingdom, and His saints will reign with Him on earth for one thousand years (Rev. 20:1-7).

Zech. 12:10
12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Zech. 14:4-9
14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
14:5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
14:6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
14:7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
14:8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Do you believe in Biblical locality? If not, why?

The rock or foundation of the church is the confession (ultimately the doctrine) of the apostles, which became normative for the true church.

The word church (Greek ekklesia), means literally “ a chosen or called out assembly”. Thus the use of the word as a technical term for an assembly or group of believers in Christ was quite natural. It was not viewed as an external organization, denomination, or hierarchical system. The New Testament Church is a local autonomous congregation or an assembly which is a church in and of itself. John writes to 7 churches, in His Revelation, not to one.

Scofield commentary:

16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Peter
There is the Greek a play upon the words, "thou art Peter petros-- literally 'a little rock', and upon this rock Petra I will build my church." He does not promise to build His church upon Peter, but upon Himself, as Peter is careful to tell us

(1 Peter 2:4-9)
2:4 Coming to Him, a living stone--rejected by men but chosen and valuable to God--
2:5 you yourselves, as living stones, are being built into a spiritual house for a holy priesthood to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
2:6 For it stands in Scripture: Look! I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and valuable cornerstone, and the one who believes in Him will never be put to shame!
2:7 So the honor is for you who believe; but for the unbelieving, The stone that the builders rejected-- this One has become the cornerstone, and
2:8 A stone that causes men to stumble, and a rock that trips them up. They stumble by disobeying the message; they were destined for this.
2:9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for His possession, so that you may proclaim the praises of the One who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

church:

2 (Greek - ajpovllumi (ek=="out of," kaleo =="to call"), an assembly of called out ones). The word is used of any assembly; the word itself implies no more, as, e.g., the town-meeting at Ephesus Acts 19:39 and Israel, called out of Egypt and assembled in the wilderness Acts 7:38. Israel was a true "church," but not in any sense the N.T. church--the only point of similarity being that both were "called out" and by the same God. All else is contrast.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Matt. 10:
11 And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence.
12 And when ye come into an house, salute it.
13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.
14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

You are in good company Bill, for any who disagree with their wresting of scripture has/will be banned. Cultic in nature they render themselves almost as much of a Christian parody as the atheistic Landover Baptist site.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 4 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
more sillyness

from http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/bodyofchrist.htm

12 Informal apostles are needed: what if 12 apostles (male and female) could agree on what an informal apostle ought to know directly from God as fact in the Scriptures so that other apostles could follow in also setting up the local churches (e.g. church of Ephesus in the churches of Asia Minor or the church of Edmonton in the churches of Alberta)? Why should they know? Because they have had over 1900 years to know confidently. 1900 years! Alas, we have lost the first love of Ephesus Church period in the first two centuries when the Church functioned according to Biblical locality.

What if a Meeting Place Locality Finder could be created on the internet so that you could immediately know where to fellowship on the Lord's day in your own local area based on essential agreement of these 12 informal apostles and all regional apostles to choose elders that take care of church affairs and meetings.

There is to never be any filthy lucre involved ever. That means there is no product sales, no central hub control, just a locality finder designed by these 12 apostles in agreement. No exceptions of any kind. Nothing wanting for self. And each locality maintains its independency. No hierarchy of apostles. No command and control center. And those in the Ministry or the Work for the Church do not draw a salary.

We (the body of Christ) need to make a map church locality and region of churches finder. Each region needs to visibly identify each locality within it and allow for the elders of each locality to utilize the map down to street level to identify meeting places so brothers and sisters can know immediately where to fellowship on the Lord's Day.

The informal apostles, one by one (but may go out "two by two", Mark 6.7) are collected into the database, and approved, by a questionnaire, if correctly answered 100%. The elders they select submit their websites and are given a password control of their locality to add meeting places.

Each locality is established with right eldership by the informal apostle who submits the elders of the locality and the elders who submit the informal apostle who chose them. This affords an effective matching method that is automated where we have 2 or 3 in agreement.

This is a most powerful automated method that glorifies God to increase assembly on the Lord's Day (Sundays) and provides immediate directions and access. I can imagine Satan will hate this fervently when it gets underway. So far, however, there is a resistance to this whole plan, and that is what is needed to overcome.

For the church locality and meeting place finder, an informal apostle is asked several questions in agreement with the Word. If she or he gets all these questions right, we can be confident he or she is an informal apostle as she or he does the Work of the Ministry for the church.

Oh, how such apostolic questions need to be the correct questions asked of the informal apostles, for there is direct authority from the correct questions in agreement with the Ministry of the informal apostles, who are already abiding in the Word by the Spirit; that is why they agree to these questions already.

And my Lord said to these REPENT

"And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;Who concerning the truth have erred,"

1 match.

Tit.3

1. [10] A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
[11] Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

REPENT~ For you have been admonished 2X..and your rejection is Biblical.

--------------------
That is all.....

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 19 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watson! I have been shunned!

Meeting Place Finder for the Body of Christ
Biblocality Forums
"When they appointed for them elders in every church, and prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they had believed" (Acts 14.23).

vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
Petty self blaming security measures taken to prevent abusive harrassment towards members, and doubletalking, where the same measures are taken at the forum which you have come.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never