Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Examining Santa

Author Topic: Examining Santa
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some good info in that and some bad.
I'm in agreement that santa is a lie and trouble in the long run.

I really liked the ties to Oden and Thor;
except the part about Thor's hammer,
which is a war-hammer, and if used as a tool, would not be a blacksmith's hammer not a carpenter's.
But santa is a combination of Oden and Thor.

I also thought the moving the N to change santa to satan was trivial.
Now go to Latin and into Spanish, there is a big problem for me.
English - Holy Bible
Spanish - Santa Biblia (some places Santa Biblica)

In several languages with close Latin roots,
holy = santa.
There is nothing holy about Oden, Thor or santa.
Calling a fiction, lie, or a demon, holy is a big problem to me.

Questioning the existance of a "St. Nicholias", is also a bit too much, there is enough proof that such a person existed.
The problem is what the RCC(Roman Constantine church) has turned it into.
RCC has always mixed the truth with paganism to please the masses,
santa is no different.

It does seem though that santa's biggest defenders are mammas and granny-women, most others here, at least, see parts of the problem, and are beginning to acknowledge some of the truth in the whole matter.

Good enough article as a whole,
at least if read it will make one think.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by by_grace:
There is nothing wrong with putting the truth out there, if you choose not to accept it, that is your decision regarding your walk.

It is not however an attempt to "bring people down, or for goodness sakes "make trouble". If it indeed troubles someone to that extent, then they may want to furthur examine "why".

Protesting too much is very telling.

Thank you Sis! [Kiss] All I can do is put it 'out there.' What folks do with the info is between them and the Lord [Wink]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mom2jules
Community Member
Member # 5366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mom2jules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by by_grace:
There is nothing wrong with putting the truth out there, if you choose not to accept it, that is your decision regarding your walk.

It is not however an attempt to "bring people down, or for goodness sakes "make trouble". If it indeed troubles someone to that extent, then they may want to furthur examine "why".

When I said "make trouble" I meant the whole santa can also be rearanged to spell satan. Hey everybody can believe in what they want...God gave us free will. I choose to celebrate Christmas and let my daughter believe in Santa. Of course she knows where the story of Santa came from now, shes 11.

--------------------
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Posts: 11 | From: Delaware | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
by_grace
Advanced Member
Member # 5340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for by_grace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
To "love thy neighbor as thyself" is not expressed by forfeiting, twisting or reinterpreting the Word of God for the cause of unity. It is expressed by hearing, obeying and proclaiming the whole council of God regardless of whom it might offend.

Posts: 25 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Mom2jules,

I understand that it's very difficult to think that there could be anything harmful in these things, but I Humbly ask you to consider the information that's presented. Please just read it and then take it to the Lord in prayer. Jesus Christ is who is important here and every day. If it is HE whom we seek to Glorify and Praise, then we shouldn't mind examining the things which we use to do so, amen?

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mom2jules
Community Member
Member # 5366

Icon 15 posted      Profile for mom2jules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have (or had ) no problem with Santa Claus...I think its a magical time for children and for parents as well. I just told my daughter this year the story of where Santa Claus came from..The real Saint Nick.
As far as Santa and that his letters can spell out Satan is just a way to make trouble...I am not saying you are making trouble.I just find that peopel will look for anything to put down certain things and isn't it so easy to switch the letters in Santa to prove a point?

Merry Christmas

--------------------
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Posts: 11 | From: Delaware | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We really should Examine this whole Santa thing in the Light of the Truth. Here's an excellent article and I PRAY You'll Read It! Especially if you Love the Truth [Bible] [Cross]

http://www.av1611.org/othpubls/santa.html

After you read this article, here are two questions.... Is This something we should be Teaching and Encouraging in our Children? What does our Heavenly Father think of this? That should be the All Important Question!

Brethern, We strive to discern the false movements worming their way into the churches these days. Let us also Strive to clean out the Leaven from our own homes for the Lords Sake. Let us sweep clean this Anti-Christ Teaching from our homes and our Childrens hearts for the Lord God’s Sake and Glory!

Here is just a small excerpt from that article:

quote:
[color=red]and thou shalt call his name. . . (Matthew 1:21)[/color]
Santa.

You ever noticed how easy it is to transform "Satan" from "Santa"? Just move the "n" to the end. And presto! "Satan" appears. . . Hmmm….

An internet Google search on "Satan Claus" [not Santa Claus – but SATAN Claus] found over 1,700 hits! Obviously, there are many that tie the two together.

The rearranging of letters (called anagrams) to hide secret names or words has long been practiced in the occult. The Jewish Encyclopedia writes of the Jewish occult book called the Cabala:

The golden age for anagrams began with the Cabala. The Platonists had strange notions as to the influence of anagrammatic virtues, particularly of anagrams evolved from names of persons. It is not surprising, therefore, that the cabalists, like all the Neoplatonists, pretended to discover occult qualities in proper names and in their anagrams.
(www.jewishencyclopedia.com)

One of the most well known anagram in the occult world is the name of Sanat Kumara. Sanat is better known as Satan. Constance Cumbey, writes in her best-selling, new-age expose, The Hidden Dangers of the Rainbow, ". . . they [New Agers] freely call Sanat Kumara (Satan) 'God'. And their doctrinal reference books by Helena Petrovna Blavatsky and Alice Ann Bailey freely cross-reference Sanat Kumara with Venus. In occult writings, Lucifer and Venus are one and the same." (Constance Cumbey, The Hidden Dangers of the Rainbow, p. 138)

Texe Marrs writes of 'Sanat' in Dark Secrets of the New Age:

. . . the New Age offers a being called Sanat Kumara. 'Sanat' is obviously a thinly veiled reference to Satan; nevertheless, New Age teachers evidently believe that the new spelling will alleviate the concerns of those not yet ready to confess Satan as their Lord and Messiah.
(Texe Marrs, Dark Secrets of the New Age, pp. 79-80)

Interesting. . . Where does that put Lord S-A-N-T-A?

H.P. Blavatsky, the Satanist and new age teacher writes in The Secret Doctrine:

many a mysterious sacred name. . . conveys to the profane ear no more than some ordinary, and often vulgar [common] word, because it is concealed anagrammatically or otherwise.
(H.P. Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine, Vol II, p. 78)

Like S-A-N-T-A?

Blavatsky also writes, the name is not important – but the letters.

"The name isn't important. It is the letters."
(H.P. Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine, Vol II, p. 350)

Blavatasky’s anagrams were used to disguise who her true god was. Blavatasky openly taught Satan is mankind’s true redeemer, creator and Saviour.

And now it stands proven that Satan, or the Red Fiery Dragon, the ‘Lord of Phosphorus’ and Lucifer, or ‘Light Bearer’, is in us; it is our Mind — our tempter and Redeemer, our intelligent liberator and Saviour. . .
(HP Blavatasky, The Secret Doctrine p. 513)

Satan, the Serpent of Genesis is the real creator and benefactor, the Father of Spiritual mankind. For it is he . . . who opened the eyes of the automaton (Adam) created by Jehovah. . . he still remains in Esoteric Truth the ever loving messenger . . .
(H.P. Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine, Vol 3, p. 243)

Gail Riplinger writes in her excellent book, New Age Versions on the use of anagrams in the occult world:

Lucifer's True Identity as Satan is Revealed as the Anagram, a Transposition of Letters, To Obscure It. "Blinds," as esoterics call them, include scrambling the letters of a name to hide the true meaning of a word from the uninitiated.
(Gail Riplinger, New Age Versions, p. 52)

It is interesting Mrs. Riplinger also raises a red flag about the anagram Santa:

Gods of the New Age include Sanatan and Sanatsiyata, . . . New Agers say each name is 'concealed anagrammatically' 'and are aliases,' and are 'an anagram used for Occult purposes. Is Santa, the great usurper of Christ's attention at Christmas, an anagram? "Ole Nick" is listed among the fallen angels or devils in the Dictionary of Fallen Angels. Scholars concur that Christ was born in the fall on the 4th day of the feast of tabernacles. December 25 is actually "the feast in honor of the birth of the son of the Babylonian queen of heaven, later called Saturnaha by the heathen Romans.
(Gail Riplinger, New Age Versions, p. 52)

It is also worth noting, Santa is Spanish for holy. Santa is also from the Latin word sanctus which means also saintly, holy. Our English words "saint, sanctify, et al" comes from santa. Sounds like Satan’s "I will be like the most High" plan is in action.

Let them praise thy great and terrible name; for it is holy.
Psalm 99:3

God’s name is called "holy" over 40 times in the King James Bible.

"Holy Claus". . .?

The name Santa Claus is also derived from the Dutch Sinter Klaas, which also was a form of Saint Nicholas.

-

Here is the information I uncovered while writing an article on Christmas and the origins of the various traditions. This is the part on Santa. Much of this information is not found in the above article:

Santa Claus: According to Langer’s Encyclopedia of World History, (article “Santa”), “Santa” was a common name for Nimrod throughout Asia Minor. This was also the same fire god who came down the chimneys of the ancient pagans and the same fire god to whom infants were burned and eaten in human sacrifice among those who were once God’s people.

The name 'Santa Claus' is believed to be a corruption of the Dutch 'Sant Nikolaas' (Sant-Ni-Klaus). St. Nicholas (as he was canonized by the Roman Catholic Church) was made bishop of Myra because of his reputed piety. He was believed to have venerated the Christ-child and practiced the child-like virtues of meekness and humility. Legend has it that he gave aid to the poor, always providing his gifts anonymously. In memory of his generosity mothers would hide gifts for their children and tell them they were left by St. Nicholas.

Santa Claus comes from “Saint Nicholas.” Washington Irving, in 1809, is responsible for remaking the original old, stern bishop of this same name into the new “jolly St. Nick” in his Knickerbocker History of New York. “Old Nick” has long been recognized as a term for the devil.

In Revelation 2:6 and 15, we read about a “doctrine of the Nicolaitanes,” which Christ twice tells His Church “[He] hates.” Let’s analyze the word Nicolaitane. It means “follower of Nicholas.” Nikos means “conqueror, destroyer.” Laos means, “people.” Nicolaitanes, then, are people who follow the conqueror or destroyer—Nimrod. If you have believed that following Christmas is an innocent Christian custom, let this truth sink in!

The legends of St. Nicholas also bear many similarities to those of the ancient Egyptian god Bes, a rotund, gnome-like personage who was the patron of little children."(1) Bes was the god of war, slaughter, music and dance and childbirth, but was also supposed to be the protector of children. Among other things, his symbols included bells and drums. Bes was usually "Depicted as a bearded savage-looking yet comical dwarf, shown full-face in images (highly unusual by Egpytian artistic conventions). Revered as a deity of household pleasures such as music, good food, and relaxtion. Also a protector and entertainer of children. However, many texts point to the idea that Bes was a terrible avenging deity, who was as swift to punish the wicked as he was to amuse and delight the righteous." One source claimed that Bes was Babylionian in origin.

To complete the description of Santa Claus, we find that "Many pagan societies have worshipped a hearth god, clad in red, who came down the chimney to bless those who pleased him and to curse those who didn't. Food and drink offerings were left for him on hearth or mantel, an effort to please and appease him. There are such red-clad hearth gods worshipped in India and China today."(3) Tiawan's hearth god is said to return to heaven to report on the affairs of men on the 24th day of the 12th lunar month. This is reminiscent the scripture regarding Israel's apostasy in these things: Jeremiah 7:18 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger. This verse covers a multitude of evils from egg nog to Christmas cookies, but it also fits the sacrifices left out for the Old Nick, otherwise known as St. Nicholas or Santa Claus. Leaving these offering under the "Christmas tree" has even more significance when we read in Ezekiel 6:13 that they offered sweet savors to their idols under every green tree.

Added to this is another horrible fact: "It would surprise many to learn that even the name 'Christ Child' has been given to this pagan deity under the name 'Kriss Kringle' (a corruption of the German 'Christ Kindl'). This has to be one of the most subtle of Satan's blasphemies, yet most Christians are unaware of it." (1) So, not only is the Egyptian god, Bes, and the Babylonian god Nimrod being promoted as a saint; he is even given the name of Christ! Again the blasphemy is unavoidable!

The entire article can be found here: http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=53;t=000084

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement