Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » TV Evangelists - Share Your Opinion on Rate It All

Author Topic: TV Evangelists - Share Your Opinion on Rate It All
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WildB:
quote:
Originally posted by WKUHilltopper:
I'm just wondering why the number of posts are material to the question?

Yeah, I can google it...and have. I can find any moronic website supporting pros and cons. In fact, I can find sites that claims Christ was a Martian...so what? Should this be trusted just because it's on the internet? I don't have much trust on the intent of many of these sites--which use the internet to grind out their own personal grievances. But I was hoping a message board that was supported by Christians could verify the intent of Hagee's ministry--without subjection. Especially given I've only seen two of his programs and the fact I don't trust TBN.

I am sorry. Watchmen just make thinks known.

We are Jesus and his shed blood.

You dont need anything eles.

Just bring your *** to plate.

sorry for swaring. I said ars.

Let God pitch, you hit , you tip, you bunt, you maybe hit one over the fence.

but at lease your at the plate.

Love you my brother,

Thanks
Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 14 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Yeah, I can google it...and have. I can find any moronic website supporting pros and cons. In fact, I can find sites that claims Christ was a Martian...so what? Should this be trusted just because it's on the internet? I don't have much trust on the intent of many of these sites--which use the internet to grind out their own personal grievances. But I was hoping a message board that was supported by Christians could verify the intent of Hagee's ministry--without subjection. Especially given I've only seen two of his programs and the fact I don't trust TBN.

I am sorry. Watchmen just make thinks known.

We are Jesus and his shed blood.

You dont need anything eles.

Just bring your *** to plate.

sorry for swaring. I said ars.

Let God pitch, you hit , you tip, you bunt, you maybe hit one over the fence.

but at lease your at the plate.

Love you my brother,

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I just saw Hagee on TV the other day. Can anyone share what he's done wrong? I have an inherent distrust of TBN--this is where I saw him. First time I've seen him and I was channel surfing. Thanks

Why do you want to know?

You have 2 post?

there is a internet you know. Gogal surch.

I say your Q is impossing, for your reason is not stated.

From http://www.apologeticsindex.org/h31.html

Preaching Prosperity
John Hagee believes that all Christians should be financially prosperous so long as they continue to walk in obedience to God's ordinances. Although he does not subscribe to every doctrine common to the so-called Faith movement, he does agree with the movement's view that “poverty is caused by sin and disobeying the Word of God.”1 Hagee, like most other prosperity preachers, believes that “poverty is a curse.”
[...]

Promoting Positive Confession
Along with the prosperity message, Hagee accepts and promotes the doctrine of positive confession — a foundational teaching of the Faith movement which maintains that Christians can speak (i.e., positively confess) physical realities into existence as long as the believer exercises enough faith to accompany his or her verbal confession.

Positive Confession http://www.watchman.org/reltop/posconf.htm

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

I just saw Hagee on TV the other day. Can anyone share what he's done wrong? I have an inherent distrust of TBN--this is where I saw him. First time I've seen him and I was channel surfing. Thanks
yeshuaslavejeff
Advanced Member
Member # 4506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yeshuaslavejeff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Billy Graham Exposed!
Still, Billy Graham, having been admonished repeatedly, yet persisting in his
lies, is a proven heretic. Of such, the Word of God commands: "A man that is a ...
www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/billy_graham_exposed.htm - 20k - Cached - Similar pages

BILLY GRAHAM'S DISOBEDIENCE TO THE WORD OF GOD
To openly praise and support Billy Graham is irrefutable evidence of this. ...
GRAHAM AGREES WITH HERETIC ROBERT SCHULLER’S FALSE DEFINITIONS OF THE GOSPEL ...
www.wayoflife.org/fbns/fbns/fbns15.html - 68k - Cached - Similar pages

Billy Graham's Final 'Crusade' Invigorates City's Christians ...
The Reverend Billy Graham's final "crusade" is set to draw tens of ...
the arch-heretic, traitor, and rebel against the Great King of Glory - Billy Graham" ...
www.nysun.com/article/15446 - Similar pages

Why We Cannot Support Billy Graham - by EL Bynum
The Bible says, "an heretic . . . reject", but Billy Graham insists that modernist
heretics be included on the Crusade committee. "A man that is an heretic ...
www.tbaptist.com/aab/billygrahamcrusade.htm - 43k - Cached - Similar pages

Pope John Paul II, His Holiness or Heretic? Dan Corner [Permission ...

--------------------
1Peter4:1,2 Yeshua suffered physical suffering:disciples have same mind/ willingness to share shame/physical suffering with Yeshua/His people.
Biblio:"willtherealhereticsplease standup?"byBercot(churchTruth)

Posts: 75 | From: tulsa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
apprentice
Advanced Member
Member # 4944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for apprentice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ed Young is listed, but I don't know if that is father or son. Father is wonderful. Son is not. Does anyone know which person is in the list? (The father is the host of "The Winning Walk" television show.)

It was great to see David Jeremiah high on the list. He seems like an excellent man of God. If you like him, be sure to catch his one-hour show instead of the 30-minute abbreviated version.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yeshuaslavejeff
Advanced Member
Member # 4506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yeshuaslavejeff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://home.datawest.net/esn-recovery/artcls/judge.htm

shows Scripture clearly says we should know and judge whoever claims to be telling G_d's Word;

It is easier just to listen and have the ears tickled than to actually open the Bible to read it. (That seems to be most peoples attitude, believe it or not - and that is what scripture says, believe it or not!)
Look at Jesus' warning in Matthew 7: (the Message)
15"Be wary of false preachers who smile a lot, dripping with practiced sincerity. Chances are they are out to rip you off some way or other. Don't be impressed with charisma; look for character. 21"Knowing the correct password--saying "Master, Master,' for instance--isn't going to get you anywhere with me. What is required is serious obedience--doing what my Father wills. 22I can see it now--at the Final Judgment thousands strutting up to me and saying, "Master, we preached the Message, we bashed the demons, our God-sponsored projects had everyone talking.' 23And do you know what I am going to say? "You missed the boat. All you did was use me to make yourselves important.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
You don't impress me one bit. You're out of here.'
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
24"These words I speak to you are not incidental additions to your life, homeowner improvements to your standard of living. They are foundational words, words to build a life on. If you work these words into your life, you are like a smart carpenter who built his house on solid rock. 25Rain poured down, the river flooded, a tornado hit--but nothing moved that house. It was fixed to the rock.

26"But if you just use my words in Bible studies and don't work them into your life, you are like a stupid carpenter who built his house on the sandy beach. 27When a storm rolled in and the waves came up, it collapsed like a house of cards."

28When Jesus concluded his address, the crowd burst into applause. They had never heard teaching like this. 29It was apparent that he was living everything he was saying--quite a contrast to their religion teachers! This was the best teaching they had ever heard.

--------------------
1Peter4:1,2 Yeshua suffered physical suffering:disciples have same mind/ willingness to share shame/physical suffering with Yeshua/His people.
Biblio:"willtherealhereticsplease standup?"byBercot(churchTruth)

Posts: 75 | From: tulsa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the only reason why I don't watch tv evangelists is NOT because what they say may or may not be totally correct, but because most of them are bores.

God bless, BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know which are false, if any.

The tv station does get switched quickly off the tv evangelistic shows if my husband or others come in the room. The fancy stages and sets or clothes or jewelery or hair-dos make harsh statements from others. I don't want what I watch to make them stumble or make them say something God won't like said.

The Holy Spirit has taught me lessons to live by when I've watched some of the preachers.

I know ya all must fall on your knees and pray for these tv people and lift your blessings on them. Ya all know that this or that isn't people we should get angry at, but the enemy if he is involved in any way. Some just need us to stand in the gap for them by interceeding.

Let's all pray for them to do God's will on earth as in heaven and not judge.

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dguss
Advanced Member
Member # 5314

Icon 13 posted      Profile for dguss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I honestly quit watching most of the "Televanelists." To me, watching most of them sours my stomach. It's just a big business now, and I think that it's all about the almighty $$$$ instead of Almighty God.

For your donation of...If you'll send....and it goes on and on.

I like to listen to Charles Stanley, and Adrian Rogers. Do I believe in ALL they preach???? Absolutely NOT!

I always go back to the Word/Jesus Christ...He's the true Evangelist! In Him, I KNOW the TRUTH is being spoken! [clap2]

--------------------
Deut 31:6 "Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you."

Posts: 33 | From: California | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saved1948
Advanced Member
Member # 5391

Icon 14 posted      Profile for saved1948     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I found the below today to be very interesting and thought some of you would like to check it out:

TV Evangelists
Share Your Opinion

What do you think? RateItAll lets you voice your opinion on television evangelists. These are evangelists, typically with their own ministries, that appear on television. Who's your favorite evangelist? Who do you see as a false prophet? etc...

David, What a fun site.Thanks for sharing it,I will have fun there. [Smile] <><

--------------------
John 3:16+6\[/p..................For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,that whoever believed in Him should not perish but have everlasting life

Posts: 52 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saved1948
Advanced Member
Member # 5391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saved1948     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
John 3:16+6\[/p..................For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,that whoever believed in Him should not perish but have everlasting life

Posts: 52 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mom2jules
Community Member
Member # 5366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mom2jules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by David:
[QB] I found the below today to be very interesting and thought some of you would like to check it out:

TV Evangelists
Share Your Opinion

What do you think? RateItAll lets you voice your opinion on television evangelists. These are evangelists, typically with their own ministries, that appear on television. Who's your favorite evangelist? Who do you see as a false prophet? etc...

I watch Joyce Meyer and sometimes Paula White, I really do not know alot of others. Joyce Meyer gets me fired up for Christ and i like her humor, and honesty.

--------------------
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Posts: 11 | From: Delaware | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While you there don't forget to put in a vote for Jesus and explain to the non believers who He really is.

Jesus should be rated number 1 but right now He is number 2. Cast your vote.

http://www.rateitall.com/t-1113-bible-characters.aspx

I think a LOT of non believer read these and it is a good place to witness.

Plow on, plow on...
David

[Cross]

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the list, Charles Stanley and Adrian Rodgers are my favorites.

The bad apples are numerous:
Joel Osteen
Jack Van Impe
TD Jakes
Joyce Meyer
Paula White
Kenneth Hagin
Dr. Creflo Dollar
Kenneth Copeland
Leroy Jenkins
Rod Parsley
Jerry Savelle
Oral Roberts
Jesse Duplantis
Jan Crouch
Robert Schuller
Benny Hinn
Paul Crouch
Marilyn Hickey
Tammy Faye
Morris Cerullo
Frederick K.C. Price
Robert Tilton
Fred Phelps

There are several that I wasn't familiar enough with to comment on or have never heard of.

Then there were several that fall into my "they're okay for the most part, but they have an asterisk" category.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bump

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Evening David,

I went to the site, but I only rated those I have heard. To be honest, alot of them I haven't heard but I am going to check them out in the future. I do think it is important whether a preacher is preaching the truth or whether the Preacher is sugar coating the Gospel.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't watch any of them, but they are all okay with me, including all their faults and foibles.

God bless, BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless you David;

I will rate the ones that I know, but so many I do not, not watching a great deal of television ministers.

Thank you for sharing.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 10 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the replies!

put a BIG grin on my face. [Big Grin]

[thumbsup2]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David there is a lot to read there, I look forward to reading the oppinions expressed there and add my thoughts.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I listen to these.

Adrian Rodgers
Dr. David Jeremiah
Michael Youssef
Chuck Swindoll
John MacArthur
Dr. James Dobson
Joyce Meyer
Dr. D. James Kennedy
Bob Coy

--------------------
That is all.....

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

David,

I have marked this as a fav to do later. I am getting ready to leave for the Christmas party for the reginal Assemblies of God Women Ministries.
I will let you know later when I do it.
thanks,
betty

--------------------

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 20 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is no one going to give this a try and tell me what you thing about it?
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 14 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just looking at this site again. I think we really need to get in there and support all the Godly preachers and write them a word of encouragement.

I think I am going to try and spend some time doing this.

[thumbsup2]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found the below today to be very interesting and thought some of you would like to check it out:

TV Evangelists
Share Your Opinion

Click Here to share your thoughts now.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement