Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Satan?

Author Topic: Satan?
Jay Adkins
Member # 5189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Adkins   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Satan is definitely for real and if you think he can't tempt you to do evil things then he's already convinced you of that. A statistic I saw on TBN last night said that 50% of born-again Christians do not believe in Satan. Why? Satan is spoken about in The Word many times. If you pick and choose what you believe from the Bible, there's really no reason for you to believe at all in my opinion.

Yes, humans are capable of doing bad things. That's simply because God gave us something called free will. He gave us free will so that WE can make our own decision as to whether or not to follow Him as our God. He decided not to force us to follow Him, but to allow us to make that decision on our own because He knew that our love for Him would be genuine if He allowed us to decide.

That also means we can choose whether or not to allow Satan to tempt us to the point where we give in to the temptation and do the evil deeds he wants us to. Satan doesn't do this alone because unlike God, he is not omnipresent and that means he has to have his evil spirits do his work for him.

--------------------
"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." - Philippians 4:13

Posts: 5 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grams
Advanced Member
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks BORN AGAIN ,

I'm getting there !
I kow it and can hear it in my head, but it wont come out in words for me.
I also tend to go in circles, and say things, that
are to go with other things, that I think !!!
That I have said and I have not... the only thing about this is I have been this way my whole life. And at the age of 70 , I don't think I will improve with age.... Sorry ! I wont stop trying..

--------------------
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
[ WARNING: EXPOSURE TO THE SON MAY PREVENT BURNING. ]

Posts: 57 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear grams, you wrote
quote:
God sees me in Christ!
Actually probably God does not see you at all anymore.

When God looks at you, He sees the blood of Christ On You and He can Only Look At That.

Like the blood-sprinkled mercy seat, the mercy seat covered the ark of the covenant. But inside the ark was darkness, and inside the ark where the two tablets of stone with the ten commandments of the LORD written on them.

These two tablets of stone represented sinful men, in whom the 10 commandments of God had no effect because they were written in stone.

But when the LORD looked down from between the cherubim, the LORD only saw one thing, and He could not take His eyes off it: the blood on the mercy seat.

In figure already in those early years, the mercy seat in the Holy of Holies of the tent of the congregation daily reminded the LORD between the Cherubim of the awful day that would come, when He would have to watch His Beloved and Precious and Only Son be crucified on the cross, My Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God.

Back then, He could barely look at the blood on the mercy seat; let alone look at the two tablets of stone which were in the darkness of the ark which was covered by the mercy seat. The LORD only saw the mercy seat and completely forgot about the ark which was beneath...

Not only are we IN Christ, but not even visible to the LORD now. For He sees His wounds.

God bless us all on this CBBS, I am BORN AGAIN by the [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear sweatalison, you write
quote:
Why create a 'Satan' to excuse our lack of judgement, our cruelty, our downright inhumanity at times?
No one is creating a 'Satan' to excuse our own lack of judgment. Lucifer-Satan the Arch Cherub of Worship became Satan and he had his own lack of judgment, thinking Lucifer was beautiful enough to be like God.

But I am not Lucifer-Satan. The LORD God of Israel admonishes all of us to follow after good and not evil; to not oppress the fatherless and the needy and the poor and the widows, to have just measures, to speak the truth.

But because man himself was capable of wrong judgment and taking bribes and corruption and the strong oppress the weak, and by fraud take the house of a widow, building their houses so close together that there is no room for the poor, these are all human choices, not Satan's choices.

Like Lucifer-Satan, humans went the same independent route that Lucifer-Satan took. In that Lucifer-Satan and humans are in alliance together, in that they are in rebellion to the LORD God of Israel who created them.

But this too shall come to an end, when the LORD comes to take control over the earth from Jerusalem, and rule the nations with an all-knowing power, sending in the blink of an eye a glorified Christian to such-and-such a place, to so-and-so, and that glorified Christian in an instant will put a stop to that rape, to that lie, to that burglary, to that gun to the head, to all of that.

Then will the earth find rest.

"Kiss the Son, lest He be angry with you, when His wrath is kindled but a little" (Psalm 2:12)

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Devil?

I was reading Hebrews today and heard the below and really liked what was said:

Click Here to listen to this short 2 minute audio clip.

Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil—and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants. For this reason he had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

Hebrews 2:14 through Hebrews 2:18 (NIV)

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grams
Advanced Member
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is some thing I did not understand till I
was saved , and now I hear it all the time from the unsaved we know... they say.... "I'm pretty good" Im sure I said it myself !
Knowing and reading God's word sure has help'ed me a lot I have a long way to go, but finally am in the right direction.
God sees me in Christ !

--------------------
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
[ WARNING: EXPOSURE TO THE SON MAY PREVENT BURNING. ]

Posts: 57 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are not able to do good! There is only ONE that is good and that ONE is GOD. If you are not born again of the Spirit of Almighty God even the good that you think that you do is evil!

MAN is evil. Man is evil. Satan is not an excuse for man's lack of judgment. Satan is a SPirit created by God that believes that he... a created being can be god.

Man is evil. Man thinks the same thing. Man believes that he is god. You just did an excellent job of demonstrating that with your opening post. " I am....."

You like all men are nothing and can do nothing of your own that is good. All your good in the end will turn to evil because MAN is evil.

Look around you! Take your pick... pick any "good thing" that man has done without God and I will show you how man has created evil and destruction.

Man is incapable of good or of chosing good. Even to chose God man must be given grace to repent of his evil and see that he needs to chose God.

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
17 And the way of peace have they not known:
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.
19 ¶ Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

John 6:65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Actions do not make one good. The condition of the heart of man is what makes one good. The same tongue that speaks love and blessing speaketh cursing and evil. You are given the right circumstance capable of evil greater than the most henious of criminals.... that is not good. Your good actions wont change that. Man is evil and man left to his own will always produce evil even when he believes that what he does is good.

We dont need Satan for an excuse. We are sufficiently evil all on our own and there is no excuse for us. This is why we need to repent and we need Christ and we need to be born again.

It is the ONLY hope that there is that can deliver us from our evil selves.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sweetalison:
I am here.
I am able to be good and I am able to be bad. I am capable of actions that are sublime in their kindness, but I am also capable of acts that I couldn't imagine.

As part of the human race I am capable of easing pain, or causing agony.

This is who I am and my ability to use rational thought to decide this is incredible.

We are all incredible.

Why create a 'Satan' to excuse our lack of judgement, our cruelty, our downright inhumanity at times?

This is us, capable of grace and choice.

We have all those qualities because human beings are made in God's image. God also created us to have choice even Adam and Eve had choice.

God gave us freewill and the choice to Love Him or not love Him. He didn't make us robots.

He wanted us to be able to Love Him from our own choice.

Satan is real, but he can't make us do bad things.
He can influence us, but he can't make us do anything, until we decide to do it.

Once we do bad things and sin, then Satan does have a greater power over you. He gets "rights" to you, and it becomes more difficult to resist the impulse to sin. Without Christ one can't resist the impulses to keep doing wrong things.

Christ came to save us from eternal death that is the outcome of sin, and sin, even just one sin will lead to eternal death.

As humans we can choose evil, and then evil wins, without Christ.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sweetalison
Community Member
Member # 5153

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2005 02:16 PM Profile for sweetalison Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote I am here.
I am able to be good and I am able to be bad. I am capable of actions that are sublime in their kindness, but I am also capable of acts that I couldn't imagine.

This is who I am and my ability to use rational thought to decide this is incredible.

We are all incredible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

God declares that Satan is real in His Word. Jesus confronted Satan and defeated him by quoting the Word. Either we believe what is written or we reject what is written.

You declare that you are capable of choice. Have you made a choice for Jesus Christ?

What do you believe in regards to what is written in the Bible?

What think ye of Christ?

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetalison
Community Member
Member # 5153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetalison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am here.

We are all incredible.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement