Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Is It Right To Judge?

Author Topic: Is It Right To Judge?
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scripture Can NOT Contradict it’s self. Why have we been Warned Numerous times about False Teachers/Prophets both by Jesus and the Apostles if we’re not to look out for them? There have been Many instances shown where Scripture Tells us to “Mark,” “Expose” (Reprove), Earnestly Contend for the Faith. In other posts in the past a couple folks (myself included) have shown the Biblical President for Naming Names of False Teachers (which was done by the Apostles). Did the Apostles disobey Jesus statement to “Leave Them Alone?” Why did the Apostles name names if not to Warn others of their being False Teachers? Therefore there must be some misinterpretation going on.

quote:
Acts 20: 28Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers.[a] Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood. 29[b]I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. 30Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them. 31Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.
This clearly says that members of the Church (Even from your own number) will arise and Distort the Truth (False Teachers). We are warned to Watch (be on guard), as well as the other warnings we’re given that have already been quoted numerous times.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my sister who will listen to any preacher on tv will not get on the internet because she is afraid of it. [Frown]
that goes for my mom, too

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TEXASGRANDMA writes
quote:
Seriously, he {Joel Osteen} like a lot of preachers have become concerned more with the numbers of the congregation, then the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Joel Osteen has to work out his own salvation, like the rest of us. As for the individual members of the congregation, neither you nor I have any idea how each one is affected by reading the gospel in the Bible that they are holding.

Some become on-fire Christians in spite of Joel Osteen, while the majority, as in most other churches, will acept justification/salvation/redemption but not do much about sanctification.

But no one knows how each individual, even in Joel Osteen's church, is personally affected by the Bible; I myself became saved by READING the Bible myself, and there are millions of people who get saved that way. All it took for one man to give me a Bible one day, and I started reading it until it won me over.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

TEXASGRANDMA writes
quote:
Jesus said that a man will get a sheep out of a ditch that falls in on the Sabbath.
Jesus gave that example, if I'm not mistaken, because the legalistic Pharisees and Sadducees were telling Him He could not heal on the Sabbath. It had nothing to do with justification/salvation/redemption, let alone with sanctification.

As for your family members, if they have ears to hear and eyes to see, they will hear and see. But if your family members don't have ears to hear and eyes to see, then they are susceptible "to the blind leading the blind".

Are your family members reading this "false teacher" forum?

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry, I can't sit by when family members are being led astray. Jesus said that a man will get a sheep out of a ditch that falls in on the Sabbath. A Christian should be concern when they see other Christians led astray.
betty

P.S.
BA go back and read soft touch's writing and you will see a Christian must judge false teaching and preaching.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

TEXASGRANDMA writes
quote:
have too many of my own family members who get a lot of their knowledge of the Bible from TV Preachers, and I am sure I am not the only one. For a Christian to stand by while Preachers are leading people to hell, is a sin. {bold by BORN AGAIN}
Jesus told us how to deal with these people:

Matthew 15:14
LEAVE THEM ALONE: they are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Did you read that, TEXASGRANDMA? Jesus said, LEAVE THEM ALONE!

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Betty and Greg [Smile]

I just wanted to add the following for others reading this thread:

quote:
Romans 16: 17Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Notice here that the ones who are causing the Divisions spoken of here are the one’s who are bringing in False Doctrine – Not the one’s who are exposing False Doctrine. In fact, we are told to Mark them (“Them” being the one’s who are brining in False Doctrines)

quote:
Ephesians 5: 6Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
8For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
9(For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
10Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
11And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

I would consider those teachers who claim that if you “Sew your Faith Seed” that you will receive all these wonderful things to be those who are trying to deceive the Sheep with Vain Words. They are also those who are serving their own Belly (Romans 16:18). Unless someone can show me in Scripture where God says give me your money and I’ll give you what you want.

To lead people to believe that if they give money to ‘their’ ministry, that the person will in turn receive a blessing, to me is a Vain Word. No minister can make such a claim and no person should ever give in order to receive. This is just ONE example.

What does it mean to Reprove? It means we must Expose them. In order to Expose them, they have to be pointed out as being False (against Clear Scripture).

quote:
Matthew 7: 15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Obviously those Jesus is speaking about in Matthew 7:21 “Claim Christ” and call HIM Lord, but notice what Jesus says to them! They have done many ‘works’ in Jesus’ name… To me this implies that these ‘workers of iniquity’ were claiming to be Christians and even ‘thought’ they were Christians, but not according to Jesus! (And That’s the important part!) This also shows me that there are those who will “Claim Jesus” and do many things in HIS name, but they are NOT of HIM.

The following verses also say that False Teachers/Prophets will Claim to be Christian:

quote:
2 Corinthians 11: 1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.
2For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
4For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

And

quote:
2 Corinthians 11:13For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

This plainly says that these “False Apostles (teachers)” will “Claim to be Ministers of Christ”. I don’t think it gets much clearer then this.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I told my sister that I thought that Joel Osteen had lost his focus on God and she accused me of being a bad person. Then I told her another Preacher who she
had great respect for said the same thing, then oh, it was okay then. [Wink] .
Seriously, he like a lot of preachers have become concerned more with the numbers of the congregation, then the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As we get closer to the end times, sadly there will be more great Preachers seduced by money and large numbers. I take no joy in this, it breaks my heart. But, I feel more sorry for the sheep in their church then I do the Preacher.

--------------------

oneyearandcounting
Advanced Member
Member # 4449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneyearandcounting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing about Daystars pledge drive last week that got me wondering. If The people preaching are making promises. than a few days later Daystar runs a replay of the taping and does this all week long do those promises still stand.

I liked Daystar for a little while Now they are just TBN light.

Speaking of TV preachers I have Something new I saw this weekend, It made me sick to my stomach. A certain TV preacher Went through his whole serman without mentioning Christ one time. Until he did a sinners prayer. This same gentleman from Houston also only used one Bible verse and then he changed the words on it( or else he had a way different translated Bible.)

After watching for awhile they flashed across the screen that yopu could go see this handson young man in a city near you. All you had to do was buy your tickets from Ticket Master. But hurry becase most cities were sold out.

This made me wonder how much you think Peter Paul Or John Charge to hear about Christ. Oh wait this guy didn't mention Christ. I guess it could be ok huh.

God bless

greg

--------------------
Acts9:18 And straightway there fell from his eyes as it were scales, and he received his sight; and he arose and was baptized.

Posts: 183 | From: winder Ga | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Thank you Bro. Greg,
I too watch sometimes just to see what is being said. Last week it was pledge drive on Day Star and I could not believe all the promises, they made to people if they would only borrow money and send to the station or promise to send monthly, I believe it was 48 a month. Promises like: God will restore family relationships if you do. Of course they read about people who after they pledged the money family members spoke to them after 25 years of not talking. Yes, I do believe God performs miracles. But too me, it came off like these men were selling miracles.
I believe we should support God's Word, but never did Jesus require a payment in advance to perform a miracle, in fact, Jesus did not charge for miracles. I can't help but wonder what God thinks of a Preacher who promises you, that you will get that job you want if you borrow 1,000 dollars and plant a seed in my ministry. It just boggles the mind that Christians not only approve of this method but get angry at us for pointing out these things that happen in God's house.
Things that make me angry but so sad that, they are using time that should be used to reach the loss before it is too late instead to try to force people into sending money that they have to borrow to send.
betty

--------------------

oneyearandcounting
Advanced Member
Member # 4449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneyearandcounting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty

Amen

That was very well said.
When I first was brought out of darkness by Jesus. I also noticed the good and bad of Christian TV. As Of right now there is a very small handiful who I watch. And believe it or not some I watch just to see what the masses are getting taught.

As always
God bless
greg

--------------------
Acts9:18 And straightway there fell from his eyes as it were scales, and he received his sight; and he arose and was baptized.

Posts: 183 | From: winder Ga | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

When a good Preacher goes bad, it is not over night. It is over little by little, and even the people under him, who do not read the Bible like they should they can become confused and mislead. If you watch very much Christian television, you will find good and bad preachers just like good and bad seed. I honestly don’t think that bad preachers plan on going down that path, but are easily led themselves by others.
People in charge of the finances start noticing how the funds are up when the Pastor talks about sowing seeds. They tell the Pastor this and soon the Pastor is speaking more on sending money to his organization then serving God. His people notice that people become restless if the Preacher talks to much about sin, so the Preacher talks less and less about sin and more and more about money. Soon we have a good Preacher who is now become a false preacher.
I have too many of my own family members who get a lot of their knowledge of the Bible from TV Preachers, and I am sure I am not the only one. For a Christian to stand by while Preachers are leading people to hell, is a sin.
At first it bother me to come under attack for this, but like Bro. Walt said when you work for God the devil will attack you. Sometimes, sadly there are Christians who jump right in to help the devil in his attack. I would rather make the mistake of speaking up too much for the truth of the Gospel (if that is possible) then to be guilty of sitting by silently and allowing God’s Word to be used for profit and gain.
betty

--------------------

MPaul
Community Member
Member # 5097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MPaul   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wparr:
So aren't you as wrong pointing what posters are doing wrong, according to what you say shouldn't be done, as the people you point out?

Do as I say, not as I do huh?

They have a term for that you know.

Not at all. There are examples in the Bible of Christians disagreeing with each other without calling each other false teachers, and without condemnation. Disagreeing with others on Bible interpretation is one thing, and calling people false teachers, which term in the Bible in one referring to heretical beliefs, is another. It seems to me, where there is a great focus on preaching the importance of pointing out false teachers, there is also commonly an overlooking of this distinction.

Regards,

Paul

Posts: 7 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MPaul
Community Member
Member # 5097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MPaul   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
So aren't you as wrong pointing what posters are doing wrong, according to what you say shouldn't be done, as the people you point out?

Not at all. There are examples in the Bible of Christians disagreeing with each other without calling each other false teachers, and without condemnation. Disagreeing with others on Bible interpretation is one thing, and calling people false teachers, which term in the Bible in one referring to heretical beliefs, is another. It seems to me, where there is a great focus on preaching the importance of false teachers, there is also commonly an overlooking of this distinction.

Regards,

Paul

Posts: 7 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MPaul
Community Member
Member # 5097

The title of this thread is--"Is it right to judge??" I wish the discussion had been on--"what is the right way to judge," because a lot of people are doing it wrong, and it would appear they have their motives, to see that others who have different theology are condemned.

For instance, an example given in the thread of false teachers is the Faith Movement. I have an article on my web site about faith, and the last two sections point out the errors of this movement, and how "name it and claim it" methods are not biblical. However, I do not condemn these people as false teachers. They preach the blood of Christ as a way to salvation, and it just so happens over 50 million new converts are coming into the kingdom each year under their ministries, for the last ten years. The fact that they may name and claim it, does not negate the blood of Christ to cover their sins, and it does not create a basis for their condemnation.

People like to uphold this group for condemnation, simply because on issues outside of the blood of Christ, of who is the Messiah, they have different beliefs. And, to accomplish that condemnation, if necessary the ones judging will change the teachings of the false teachers to make certain they mean there is a different concept of Christ, or something that establishes they are heretics. Utimately, it ends up that the people with the greatest evangelistic success are being condemned.

That's just one example, but in so many groups that don't change the concept of Christ, but that have other less significant theological differneces, under the theory of the importance of finding false teachers, they are condemned.

In my opinion, the condemners should spend as much time thinking about how they go about judging others, as they spend worrying about the harm that will come from false teachers. And then, they might think about how to bring about a revival as well, instead of always finding what is wrong with those who have the most success in winning people to Christ.

Regards,

Paul

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Contending For The Faith

In Jude 3 there is a much-neglected biblical appeal that is addressed to all of the people of God. "I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." This exhortation involves a non-optional responsibility for every believer. We are all to be diligently engaged in the battle to preserve and proclaim and live out a pure, unadulterated biblical message.

Why It Must be Done

The next verse tells us why we must actively participate in defending the faith. "For certain persons have crept in unnoticed . . . who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ." From the very beginning the message of the church has been threatened by subtle and quiet infiltration of those who attempt to change or deny the truth of God.

The Ministry of Reproof

Earnestly contending for the faith includes the ministry of reproof, the pointing out of wrong or error. Many Christians assume that to do such is an automatic violation of Jesus' commandment not to judge (Matthew 7:1). Certainly, we must not take the place of the ultimate judge over people's lives. We know neither the motives of men's hearts nor the measures of justice and mercy that God may unfold for them. However, we are responsible before the Lord to discern false prophets. "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves" (Matthew 7:15). We are also responsible to expose and warn against such false teaching, just like Jesus did. "Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the Sadducees" (Matthew 16:6).

Our Standard

Our means of measuring fruit and message and methodology in ministry is the word of God, not individual preference or personal opinion. "Hold fast the pattern (standard) of sound words which you have heard from me" (2 Timothy 1:13).

Everything in Christian living and serving is to be evaluated by what the word of God has to say. This need to examine all matters biblically is particularly pertinent to the teaching we receive from church leaders. Whether from tapes, books, conferences, or church pulpits, we want to be doing what the Bereans did when the Apostle Paul taught them. "They received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so" (Acts 17:11). Far too many believers never measure the teaching they receive by the standard of the word of God. This is tragic, because many messages being proclaimed in the church world are unacceptable by the standard of God's word.

The Exaltation of Self

Many of the unsound doctrines that are prevalent among the churches are related to man's desire to put himself in a higher place than God has ordained for him. Such self-exaltation was involved in the first appearance of sin in creation. Lucifer's fall came when he declared, "I will exalt my throne above the stars of God . . . I will be like the most High" (Isaiah 14:13-14). Eventually, Satan enticed Eve onto this same path of self-exaltation, inferring that she could raise herself to godhood. "In the day that you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God" (Genesis 3:5). From the very beginning, mankind's problems have been related to self-exaltation.

The Positive-Negative Myth

One example of a popular unbiblical teaching that exalts self, instead of exalting God and His word, is the "Positive-Negative Myth." This fable says that everything positive is good, whereas, everything negative is bad. The message of Scripture does not support this perspective. It is true that the Bible includes many distinctively positive statements, such as Matthew 11:28. "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

However, it also contains many other pronouncements that are strikingly negative in tone, like Matthew 23:27. "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness." The message of God's word is neither positivism nor negativism. Rather, it is realism. "In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation" (Ephesians 1:13). The Lord deals in truth. Reality is what He gives us, whether it is positive reality or negative reality.

Misconceptions about Faith

In the plan of God for man, faith holds a strategic place. "For by grace you have been saved through faith . . . The just shall live by faith . . . For without faith it is impossible to please Him" (Ephesians 2:8; Romans 1:17; Hebrews 11:6). Since faith is so vitally important, teaching that involves misconceptions about faith will inevitably bring disastrous consequences.

Some wrongly teach that faith is a force in itself, like gravity or electricity. This misleads people to 'put faith in their faith.' Actually, faith must be measured by, and is effective only in relationship to, its object. "Have faith in God . . . Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved" (Mark 11:22; Acts 16:31). Others wrongly teach that faith is 'a ticket to easy street.' In reality, the Bible declares that true faith gets tested and tried and purified. 1 Peter 1:6-7 speaks of believers going through "various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold the perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ."

The Health and Wealth Gospel

The Lord is gloriously able to meet all of our needs, including healing and financial provision (Psalm 103:3 and Philippians 4:19). However, there are those who teach that health and wealth are available from God virtually upon demand. If you are a Christian and you are suffering either physically or financially, the implication of this false doctrine is that you are in sin or you lack faith. Such religious condemnation toward man and attempted manipulation of God is contrary to God's word. Even the Apostle Paul had to endure a great physical affliction, "a thorn in the flesh." This mighty man of faith earnestly sought the Lord three times for relief. Paul had often witnessed God's healing grace. On this occasion, he was to learn of God's sustaining grace. "And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness" (2 Corinthians 12:9). Many times the Lord works in and through our lives more powerfully in sustaining us through difficulties than He does by removing them. The financial promises of the 'Health and Wealth Gospel' represent a further perversion of the Scriptures.

If we heeded the warnings of 1 Timothy 6:6-10, these enticing and seductive deceptions regarding wealth would lose their appeal. "Now godliness with contentment is great gain . . . And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content . . . but those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare . . . for the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness."

Psychologizing the Faith

Our culture has become deeply and extensively psychological. The weakness and carnality of the church in recent decades has allowed this psychological mind-set of the world to flow into the church. This process has brought about a redefining of many foundational matters of the Christian faith. We used to correctly understand that man's problem was sin and God's remedy was His saving and transforming grace (Romans 5:12, 17). Now, the trouble is the disorder of codependency, and the solution is group therapy.

Formerly, we understood that man tended to stray from God to follow his own self-willed path (Isaiah 53:6), and that he needed to deny himself, take up his cross, and follow Christ (Luke 9:23). Now, we think that man must esteem himself, affirm himself, and actualize himself.

All of this new thinking is coming from psychological theory, which is primarily a philosophy of life. We are strongly warned in the word of the Lord not to be guided by the philosophy of the world. "Beware lest anyone take you captive through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ" (Colossians 2:8).

So-Called Holy Laughter

A religious craze has overtaken many in the churches. Supposedly, it is the path to maturity and spiritual victory and Christlikeness. It centers around sustained, uncontrolled laughter. At times it will include barking, growling, and roaring. The excitement and emotional release that is involved no doubt thrills and momentarily encourages multitudes who are either discouraged or are frustrated by dead and lifeless churches. However, the entire phenomenon violates important precepts in the word of God. These chaotic meetings are contrary to 1 Corinthians 14:40, where we are told to "let all things be done decently and in order." The frenzied pandemonium makes the teaching of the word impossible, even though we are instructed in 1 Timothy 4:13 to "devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching, and to teaching." The incessant distractions and individual indulgences make unachievable the injunction in Colossians 1:18, "that in all things He (Christ) might have the preeminence." Furthermore, the childish behaviors of the so-called holy laughter movement are totally unlike anything that Jesus ever did when He was upon the earth, and we are to "grow up in all things into Him who is the head, even Christ" (Ephesians 4:15). Yes, there is joy in the Lord, but true joy will not contradict the word of God.

The Unity of the Faith

Many Christians wrongly assume that to contend for the faith like this is inherently divisive, and therefore does damage to the unity of the body of Christ. Certainly this is a legitimate concern, because unity is a matter of importance to God. Jesus prayed "that they (His followers) may be one, as You Father are in Me, and I in You . . . that the world may believe that you sent Me (John 17:21). True Christian unity convicts the world that Jesus really is who He said He was, God the Son, who was sent on the Father's mission of redemption. However, godly unity is based upon truth, which both divides and unites. Jesus, who was truth incarnate, was regularly a cause of division. "So there was a division among the people because of Him . . . and there was a division among them . . . Therefore, there was a division again among the Jews because of these sayings" (John 7:43; 9:16; 10:19). Jesus divides people between those who will follow Him and those who will not. Then, Jesus unites those who are willing to follow Him. The unity of believers includes the objective truth of God's word. In Ephesians 4:3, we are told to "keep the unity of the Spirit." There is already available to believers a unity that God's Holy Spirit has produced. That unity is neither subjective nor organizational. Rather, it is based upon spiritual realities that exist in common among the family of God. "There is one body and one Spirit . . . one hope . . . one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all" (Ephesians 4:4-6). Consequently, we must guard against those who proclaim doctrinal error, because they undermine the true unity of the faith. "Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them" (Romans 16:17).

Conclusion

We are called to be earnest contenders for the faith. This is not a call to be contentious, mean-spirited, or looking for an argument. "And the servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God will perhaps grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth" (2 Timothy 2:24-25). We must speak the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15). Harsh, unloving use of the truth of God is not edifying to man or glorifying to God. So, for the love of God, for the love of His truth, for the love of all who need His truth, let's seek to guard and live and proclaim a pure biblical faith. "Guard what was committed to your trust, avoiding profane and idle babblings and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge - by professing it some have strayed from the faith" (1 Timothy 6:20-21).
Source:

http://www.calvarychapel.com/library/hoekstra-bob/books/cftf.htm

--------------------

Lars7
Advanced Member
Member # 4911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lars7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its amazing to me that I have distanced myself from these boards for a time only to come back and see some of the same people at odds over the same thing.
Why is this such a big deal....Paul warns us of false teachers so that we may stay clear of them...also Paul explains what a false teacher is...
A false teacher is one who LEADS PEOPLE AWAY FROM CHRIST....Paul says as long as Christ is preached 1st then he dont care what else there saying.....Copeland is among many whom the flock in here feel is a false teacher along with Joyce Myer to name a few.....but both preach Christ is the only way.......now if there doctrine does not line up with what you may believe then you deem them false teachers....Laying on of hands and healing is a sore subject with many....Many do not believe that healing goes on today as in Jesus day but it does....If the Bible is true.....and I believe that it is.....Jesus is the SAME YESTERDAY TODAY AND FOREVER....Did Jesus not heal all who were opressed of the devil.....yes He did.....well if He did that yesterday....then HE IS THE SAME TODAY......Hello!!!!!....Each christian is responsible for recognizing false teachers.....If each christian had a personal realationship with the Father then this would not be a problem.....If you do not have the Word of God deeply rooted and grounded in your Heart then you will fall pray to the devices of the devil...<ie>false teaching....A good rule of thumb for me at least...my teaching does not come from a pastor or preacher but from a realationship with my Father....Pastors and preachers are only a another vechile for me to hear the Word....not the main source....The Word is the main source...If Jesus is 1st in your life then all your revelation of the Word comes from Him and no one else.....I do not agree with many teachers doctrine but I do not deem them false as long as they preach Christ is the only way....that there is no other way to the Father but through Him....But sadly these and many other so called Christian boards are used soley for the purpose of each one driving home there point of view and or there discernment of Scripture...Well I will show you 10 Scriptures why you are wrong and 5 why im right seems to be the theme here....If each one of you were a garden....you would not need to tell me what you have planted.....all I would need to do is be there when its time to harvest....then I would see what was planted....and concerning this board the harvest is plain to see.

Posts: 49 | From: Ma | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

There is still a threat to the Church today by false preachers, to close your eyes to this, is irresponsible, at the least. Sadly there are too many people who sit in Churches that are going to miss the rapture, simply because they are being led by false preachers. For instance I read a book by a lady who made fun of those who accepted Jesus as their Savior, because her Church considers that a idea that is misguided. Her Pastor does not see a need for repentance. Should we just say that we should not judge this Preacher or warn people of Preachers like this?
betty

--------------------

MPaul
Community Member
Member # 5097

quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
hence we don't need the army of "false teacher watchers" anymore as was needed in the 1st century.

Well, what we do need I think is people who can preach revival. The thread started quoting an article by a certain organization. I wonder how many people have come to Christ under the preaching of this organization. Are there any statistics on it?? I also have seemed to notice that organizations that focus on preaching about judging false teachers usually have a very pathetic record of success in evangelizing.

Regards,

Paul

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BA

You just threw a large chunk of the OT and NT out the window.

NOT a good thing to do.

MOST EVERY Biblical scholar would so disagree with you and rebuke you.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Back then when the gospel just started, there was a lot, lot more activity by Judaizer types who claimed we still had to observe the law of Moses. We don't have that problem today in the church.

At most, our modern problem (and a centuries old one) is apathy--people saved and justified but not bothering to be sanctified or set apart.

That's why in the 1st century there had to be such a close watch to support the shocking news that people could be saved without the law of Moses but by faith in Jesus Christ.

That was revolutionary in its time and needed to be closely watched. But by our time this need to watch has mostly degenerated into tattle-tale and busybodies since that Judaizer threat no longer exists in the modern church: the church has learned that there IS salvation by faith in Jesus, and not under the law. It's a settled issue, hence we don't need the army of "false teacher watchers" anymore as was needed in the 1st century.

MPaul
Community Member
Member # 5097

quote:
MPaul writes to SoftTouch
quote:
So who do you want to pronounce judgement against??? Or are you just laying the groundwork for some time later??
Great question, MPaul. [thumbsup2]

I continue to be amazed that these people have so much time on their hands to have time to see what other Christians are doing. To me it shows an idleness and completion of assignment so that these people need to ask the Lord for a new assignment, instead of looking to see how other Christians are doing with their assignments.

BORN AGAIN

Hmm-- I thought I had asked a legitimate question. But it turns out I was rude and judgmental. Oh well.

Reading I John 4:1,2--it says we should try the spirits because there are many false prophets, but we can know someone in truth because he/she confesses Christ.

Now it seems to me, that if someone changes the biblical concept of Christ in his/her teaching, he /she is a false teacher. But, if someone has a biblical concept of Christ, then even though his/her teaching may not agree in every theologcial detail with all other Christians, he/she is still not a false teacher--maybe mistaken, but not false.

However, it also seems to me, that there are a great number of people who just talk about the importance of judging others, without specifying who the others are, and eventually it comes out, that the false teachers actually are those who disagree with them on favorite theological points. It doesn't matter what the concept of Christ involved is, the verses on false teachers confer the right to judge. So that, who knows, even if someone asks a question the wrong way, he is judged.

Actually, I agree with you. I'd rather busy myself with finding ways to be in agreement with people.

Regards,

Paul

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

BA

Do you read the Bible with your eyes and mind open???

Look at the example Jesus set at the temple.

Look at Jesus warning us of false teachers

Look at Paul warning us of false teachers

Look at Peter warning us of false teachers

Look at John warning us of false teachers

Look at Jude warning us of false teachers

Read the OT Prophets writings and warnings

Paul even traveled days to go rebuke Peter

Have you ever heard the saying
"Evil triumps when good people do nothing"

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
How can you call it a misdemeanor when a Preacher tells his people that they can live the gay lifestyle and go to Heaven? How can you call it misdemeanor when Preachers tell their Church, they Jesus is not coming back? How can you call it a misdemeanor when a Preacher tells his Church that abortion is not wrong?

I say for a Christian to stay silent, when Pastors are purposely misleading their flock, is a sin.
Betty

A BIG BIG BIG AMEN Betty

You GO girl
[clap2] [clap2] [clap2]

I'll add my AMEN to this as well! [thumbsup2]

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Thank you Bro. Walt,

I was so sorry to see you under attack today for speaking the truth. I pray that God will give you a extra special blessing for speaking the truth.
betty

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
You both are judging soft touch for preaching the truth. kind of ironic.
betty

I knew I'd get that response before I even posted it. I've come to expect it [hug]

Sometimes it's best just to state the truth and let it stand on it's own merits [Wink]

The Lord Bless You Sis! [Kiss]

--------------------

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

quote:
How can you call it a misdemeanor when a Preacher tells his people that they can live the gay lifestyle and go to Heaven? How can you call it misdemeanor when Preachers tell their Church, they Jesus is not coming back? How can you call it a misdemeanor when a Preacher tells his Church that abortion is not wrong?

I say for a Christian to stay silent, when Pastors are purposely misleading their flock, is a sin.
Betty

A BIG BIG BIG AMEN Betty

You GO girl
[clap2] [clap2] [clap2]

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

How do I know about such things? My cousin went to a Church where he was a board member and was invovled in a gay relationship. It is all over the news about Churches that are making a point of welcoming gay couples.
You can work for God and still be invovled in what happens in your town!
betty

--------------------

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

quote:
TEXASGRANDMA, Jesus Christ is the Shepherd and He knows what He is doing. Are we now shepherds or are we sheep? We are sheep:

John 10:14
I {Yahshua-Jesus} am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known by mine.

BA you speak in ignorance
(Ignorance can be cured, stupidity is forever)

Ephesians 4:11
(11) And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers,

(In FACT when you look at Greek sentence structure pastors and teachers is ONE catagory, more correctly would be pastors / teachers)

Pastor: G4166 (Strongs number) - poimēn

Of uncertain affinity; a shepherd (literally or figuratively): - shepherd, pastor.

SAME greek word shepherd you cited in John 10:14

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

How do you even know about such things? If you paid attention to your own assignment(s), you wouldn't have time in 24 hours to hear or know such things. Between work and my Christian projects I barely have to complete my own assignments.

I don't know any of those things and don't waste my time on discovering those things:

2 Thessalonians 3:11
For we hear that there are some who walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.

1 Timothy 5:13
And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not {to speak}.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Betty

--------------------

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

TEXASGRANDMA writes
quote:
And yes, some of what is being preached in today’s Churches is a crime.
a spiritual misdemeanor at most.

God bless, [Cross] BORN

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

God is the shepherd over all men but there are men and women that God have placed in a position to shepherd His children on earth.
God did not leave us here with out providing spiritual leaders. When Christians see spiritual leaders who have left the truth of the Gospel in order have more people in attendance, it is the responsibility of a Christians to speak the truth. To say silent is to be an accessory the crime. And yes, some of what is being preached in today’s Churches is a crime.
betty

--------------------

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

TEXASGRANDMA, Jesus Christ is the Shepherd and He knows what He is doing. Are we now shepherds or are we sheep? We are sheep:

John 10:14
I {Yahshua-Jesus} am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known by mine.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

MPAul and BA,

You take rude behavior to a new leval. Both Peter and Paul caution Christians to be alert for false teachers. I believe it is a Christian's job to warn the flock of false teachers. Just as a shepered watches and stays alert for any signs of a wolf, so should a Christian. Should a Christian and stay silent and allow the sheeep to be destroy, because they are not sure of the wolf's motives, Heaven forbid! Just because a Christian does this does not mean that is all they do.
You both are judging soft touch for preaching the truth. kind of ironic.
betty

--------------------

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MPaul writes to SoftTouch
quote:
So who do you want to pronounce judgement against??? Or are you just laying the groundwork for some time later??
Great question, MPaul. [thumbsup2]

I continue to be amazed that these people have so much time on their hands to have time to see what other Christians are doing. To me it shows an idleness and completion of assignment so that these people need to ask the Lord for a new assignment, instead of looking to see how other Christians are doing with their assignments.

BORN AGAIN

MPaul
Community Member
Member # 5097

Regards,

Paul

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Good teaching, Sister.
God bless you,
betty

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 15 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IS IT RIGHT TO JUDGE?
Taken from a phamplet by Fundamental Evangelistic Association
------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS QUESTION- "IS IT RIGHT TO JUDGE?" is one that puzzles many sincere Christians. A careful and open minded study of the Bible makes it clear that concerning certain vital matters, it is not only right but a positive duty to judge. Many do not know that the Scripture commands us to judge.

The Lord Jesus Christ commanded, "Judge righteous judgment" (John 7:24). He told a man, "Thou hast rightly judged" (Luke 7:43). To others, our Lord asked, "Why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?" (Luke 12:57).

The Apostle Paul wrote, "I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say" (1 Corinthians 10:15). Again, Paul declared, "He that is spiritual judgeth all things" (1 Corinthians 2:15). It is our positive duty to judge.

False Teachers and False Teaching

"Beware of false prophets!" (Matthew 7:15) is the warning and command of our Lord. But how could we "beware" and how could we know they are "false prophets" if we did not judge? And what is the God given standard by which we are to judge? " To the Law and to the Testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." (Isaiah 8:20). "Ye shall know them by their fruits" (Matthew 7:16), Christ said. And in judging the "fruits," we must judge by God's Word, not by what appeals to human reasoning. Many things seem good to human judgment which are false to the Word of God.

The Apostle Paul admonished believers, "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple" (Romans 16:17-18). This apostolic command could not be obeyed were it not right to judge. God wants us to know His Word and then test all teachers and teaching by it. Notice also that it is the false teachers who make the "divisions," and not those who protest against their false teaching. And these deceivers are not serving Christ, as they profess, "but their own belly," or their own "bread and butter," as we would put it. We are to "mark them and avoid them."

"Come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord" (2 Corinthians 6:17, read verses 14-18). and "From such turn away." (2 Timothy 3:5). "Withdraw yourselves" (2 Thessalonians 3:6). "And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them " (Ephesians 5:1 1). "Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good" (Romans 12:9). "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good" (1 Thessalonians 5:21). It would be impossible to obey these injunctions of God's Word unless it were right to judge! And remember, nothing is "good" in God's sight that is not true to His Word.

The Apostle John wrote, "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try [test, judge] the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world " ( 1 John 4:1 ) . Again he wrote, "For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.... If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds" (2 John 7,10-11). This Scripture commands us to judge between those who do, and those who do not bring the true doctrine of Christ.

Whenever a child of God contributes to a denominational budget that supports Modernist (liberal, compromising) missionaries or teachers, he is guilty before God, according to this Scripture, of bidding them, "God speed " in the most effective way possible. And he thereby becomes a "partaker" with them of their "evil deeds" of spreading soul damning poison. How terrible, but how true! Arouse yourself, child of God. If you are guilty, ask God to forgive you and help you never again to be guilty of the blood of souls for whom Christ died. When we are willing to suffer for Christ, we can readily see the truth of God's Word on this tremendously important matter. "If we suffer, we shall also reign with Him" (2 Timothy 2:12) .

Misunderstood and Misused Scripture

One of the best known and most misunderstood and misapplied Scriptures is "Judge not" (Matthew 7:1). Let us examine the entire passage:

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye" (Matthew 7:1-5).

Read this again carefully. Notice that it is addressed to a hypocrite!-not to those who sincerely want to discern whether a teacher or teaching is true or false to God's Word. And instead of being a prohibition against honest judgment, it is a solemn warning against hypocritical judgment. In fact, the last statement of this Scripture commands sincere judgment-"Then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." If we take a verse or a part of a verse out of its setting, we can make the Word of God appear to teach the very opposite of what it really does teach. And those who do this cannot escape the judgment of God for twisting His Word (2 Peter 3:16). Let this be a warning to us never again to take a text of Scripture out of its context.

Many who piously quote, "Judge not," out of its context, in order to defend that which is false to God's Word, do not see their own inconsistency in thus judging those who would obey God's Word about judging that which is untrue to the Bible. It is tragic that so much that is anti-Scriptural has undeservedly found shelter behind a misuse of the Scripture just quoted. The reason the professed church of Christ is today honeycombed and paralyzed by satanic Modernism is because Christians have not obeyed the commands of God's Word to judge and put away and separate from false teachers and false teaching when they first appeared in their midst. Physical health is maintained by separation from disease germs. Spiritual health is maintained by separation from germs of false doctrine. The greatest peril of our day is not too much judging, but too little judging of spiritual falsehood.

God wants His children to be like the noble Bereans who "searched the Scriptures daily, whether those things were so"(Acts 17:11).

Romans 2:1-3 is also addressed to the religious hypocrite who condemned himself because he was guilty of the same things for which he condemned others. James 4:11-12 refers to an evil spirit of backbiting and fault finding, not to judging whether teachers or teachings agree or disagree with God's Word. The Bible never contradicts itself. To understand one portion of Scripture we must view it in the light of all Scripture. "No prophecy of the Scripture is of any private [isolated] interpretation" (2 Peter 1:20). "Comparing spiritual things [words] with spiritual" (1 Corinthians 2:13).

The "Wheat and Tares" parable of Matthew 13:24-30, 36-43, is much misunderstood. First of all, our Lord is talking about the world, not His Church-"the field is the world." He goes on to say that "the good seed are the children of the Kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one" (Matthew 13:38) . They are the two groups in the world; children of God-those who have received Christ (John 1:12), and the children of the devil-those who reject Christ (John 8:44). When any of the "children of the wicked one" get into the professed church of Christ, as they have always done, a definite procedure for God's children is set forth in His Word. First, it is their duty to tell them that they have "neither part nor lot" in Christ (see Acts 8:21-23 and context).

If the children of the devil do not leave voluntarily, as is generally the case, God's children are commanded to "purge out" (1 Corinthians 5:7) these unbelievers. But God's people have disobeyed His Word about this, and so unbelievers [and disobedient brethren- 2 Thessalonians 3:6,14-15] have gotten into control, as is now the case in most denominations. Therefore, those who purpose to be true to Christ and His Word are commanded to "come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord" (2 Corinthians 6:17), regardless of property or any other considerations. When we obey God's Word, we can trust Him to take care of all the consequences of our obedience.

Other Matters to be Judged

The immoral conduct of professed believers in Christ is to be judged. 1 Corinthians, Chapter 5, tells a sad story and closes with the Apostolic injunction, "Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person" (1 Corinthians 5:13).

Disputes between Christians concerning "things that pertain to this life," (1 Corinthians 6:3) should be judged by a tribunal of fellow Christians instead of going before unbelievers in the civil courts. The whole sixth chapter of 1 Corinthians makes clear God's plan for His people in this regard. And some startling truths are here revealed: First, "The saints shall judge the world." Second, "We shall judge angels" (1 Corinthians 6:2-3). Beloved, are we letting God prepare us for this high place?

We ought to judge ourselves. "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves" (2 Corinthians 13:5). "For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened [child trained] of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world" (1 Corinthians 11:31-32). What a change and what a blessing it would be if we would judge our own faults as uncharitably as we do the faults of others-and if we would judge the failings of others as charitably as we do our own! And Christians could save themselves much chastening of the Lord if they would judge and confess and cease their disobedience to God. And, oh, how much dishonor and lack of fruit would our blessed Lord be spared!

Limitations of Human Judgment

Not scruples or conscience concerning matters of which the Bible does not directly speak. God forbids our judging our brethren concerning the eating of certain kinds of food, keeping of days, etc. Romans, Chapter 14, 1 Corinthians 10:23-33, and Colossians 2:16-17 cover this subject.

Not motives. See 1 Corinthians 4:1-5. Only God can see into the heart and know the motives that underlie actions.

Not as to whom are saved. "The Lord knoweth them that are His" (2 Timothy 2:19). We cannot look into anyone's heart and say whether or not they have accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour, if they profess that they have. But we had better test ourselves according to 2 Corinthians 5:17: "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." If this change has not taken place, our profession is vain.

Two Elements in Judgment

The New Testament Greek word that is most often translated "judge" or "judgment" is "krino." On the one hand, it means to distinguish, to decide, to determine, to conclude, to try, to think and to call in question. That is what God wants His children to do as to whether preachers, teachers and their teachings are true or false to His Word. The Apostle Paul writes: "And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; that ye may approve things that are excellent" (Philippians 1:9-10). A wrong idea of love and lack of knowledge and judgment causes God's people often to approve things that are anything but excellent in God's sight. The epistle to the Hebrews tells us that mature believers, that is, those who are of "full age, " are ". .. those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil " (see Hebrews 5:11-14).

On the other hand, the Greek word "krino"-judge or judgment-means to condemn, to sentence and to punish. This is God's prerogative for He has said, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay, saith the Lord" (Romans 12:19).

Guard Against a Wrong Attitude

Christians should guard against the tendency of the flesh to assume a critical and censorious attitude toward those who do not share our opinions about other matters than those which have to do with Bible doctrine and moral conduct. Rather than "pick to pieces" our brethren in Christ, it is our privilege and duty to do everything we can to encourage their spiritual edification. We ought to love and pray for one another and consider ourselves lest we be tempted. Galatians 6:1.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement