Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Do not Christian teachers and pastors merely serve as catalysts?

Author Topic: Do not Christian teachers and pastors merely serve as catalysts?
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 11 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there family, I have been gone for a while due to illness.
Flase teacher/False prophet.
We are dealing with two distinct definitions. IN MY OPINION teachers are human and therefore sinfull. As long as the realization of errors in thier teaching occurs and there is an effort to improve the errors, this is all we can ask from another brother or sister.
HOWEVER a false prophet declares they have the gift of prophecy from God through the Holy Spirit. If they err, well that is a whole different story. We must take the gifts of the spirit seriously and one false prophecy, while it does not condemn our brother or sister, should be met with rebuke.
Love you all. [hug]

[dance]

--------------------
JAVA, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

Posts: 147 | From: Columbia South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thunderz7 writes
quote:
By the definition you and some others have given of false teachers, if for one minute a teacher ever fails to live up to the guidelines you posted, at that minute, they become a false teacher and are unfit ever to be listened to by a born again child of GOD again.
Very well said, thunderz7. My sentiments exactly.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wparr post
quote:
I have to be obedient to the Holy Spirit in my word and deed.
Letting the person SEE Christ living in me.
The Scripture and teaching of it from from The Holy Spirit.

The person hearing The Word spoken, has to believe and respond to it.

Both sides have a responsibility, and free will in the process.

As long as I'm Walking In The Spirit:

Being Obedient to God's commands.

Denying myself: my wants and desires.

Resisting the enemy's temptations and deceptions.

Being responsive and obedient when The Holy Spirit prompts me to talk to someone, or in giving the message He puts on my heart.

Then all pressure of the outcome is off of me.

wparr, we should all be striving to do these things.

By the definition you and some others have given of false teachers, if for one minute a teacher ever fails to live up to the guidelines you posted, at that minute, they become a false teacher and are unfit ever to be listened to by a born again child of GOD again.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is SOOOO very true BA

I CAN'T save anyone.

ONLY The Holy Spirit, working in their heart can.

It's two prong.

I have to be obedient to the Holy Spirit in my word and deed.
Letting the person SEE Christ living in me.
The Scripture and teaching of it from from The Holy Spirit.

The person hearing The Word spoken, has to believe and respond to it.

Both sides have a responsibility, and free will in the process.

As long as I'm Walking In The Spirit:

Being Obedient to God's commands.

Denying myself: my wants and desires.

Resisting the enemy's temptations and deceptions.

Being responsive and obedient when The Holy Spirit prompts me to talk to someone, or in giving the message He puts on my heart.

Then all pressure of the outcome is off of me.

I've done what God called me, and empowered me to do.

It's now between the other people and God.

James 1:21
Therefore, putting aside all filthiness and all that remains of wickedness, in humility receive the word implanted, which is able to save your souls.

Hebrews 4:2
For indeed we have had good news preached to us, just as they also; but the word they heard did not profit them, because it was not united by faith in those who heard.

Hebrews 4:7 NASB
(7) He again fixes a certain day, "Today," saying through David after so long a time just as has been said before, "TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE, DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS."

They have to receive The Word mixed with faith.

They have the responsibility to act upon The Word with belief.

Isaiah 55:8-11
(8) "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD.
(9) "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.
(10) "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, And do not return there without watering the earth And making it bear and sprout, And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater;
(11) So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

The Word of God does it's purpose.

Life to those who believ.

Judgement to those who don't.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do not Christian teachers and pastors merely serve as catalysts?

It is my experience that every person reacts differently to the Bible--some never pick it up, others devour it, and others pick it up sometimes, and others put it down sometimes.

Each individual has his or her own reaction to the Bible, and a Christian teacher or pastor, yes, almost any Christian teacher or pastor holding a Bible (and not holding a Bhagavad Gita and not holding a Zen Buddhism book, but holding a Bible and reading from this Bible), each person in every pew walking through those glass doors reacts differently to the Bible.

Some will absolutely devour the Bible and become thoroughly, thoroughly saved Christians. Therefore the teachers and pastors are often mere catalysts.

As in golf, the students often overtake the teachers in the game.

Matthew 10:16
Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be you therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement