Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Candy Coated Christianity

Author Topic: Candy Coated Christianity
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wparr writes
quote:
BA so reminds me of the FALSE prophets of Old Testement writings.

Saying
"There's NOOO problems

Don't Worry Be Happy"

While destruction is right around the corner.

Matthew 24
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.[/quote]Considering that the time is probably short, we should be preaching the good news of salvation and not waste our time picking on other Christians' way of doing things.

BTW, the phrase "Don't worry, be happy" was coined by a New Ager, Meher Baba. I wouldn't use that phrase if I were you.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BA so reminds me of the FALSE prophets of Old Testement writings.

Saying
"There's NOOO problems

Don't Worry Be Happy"

While destruction is right around the corner.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
JAVA writes
quote:
I am not willing to accept, and will speak out against a preacher who is leading thousands of people to a fluffy and weak faith that only requires a sinners prayer and 2 hours of singing on Sunday.
As I wrote in another Topic, no one knows what effect Joel Osteen's "preaching" has on any one individual.

Many in Joel Osteen's congretation are carrying Bibles which means that any one individual can become greatly inspired by what is written in there, and none of us can know who is affected by the Bible, and who is not.

I became a Christian because someone gave me a Bible one day (though his intent was New Age), but when I began reading it for myself, I became a Christians and departed from idols.

It could even be said that even if Joel Osteen's work saves just ONE individual, it will have been worth, so great is that salvation and so great a pearl is it when found:

Luke 15:7
I say to you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner who repents, more than over 99 just persons who need no repentance.

I therefore don't care whether Christianity is "candy-coated" or "whatever-coated" because one sinner might repent and be saved.

Acts 15:19
Wherefore my sentence is, that we do not trouble them who from among the Gentiles are turned to God.

Romans 15:9 {modified by BORN AGAIN}
And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to You among the Gentiles, and sing {for 2 hours} unto Your name.

I am sorry that you will accept this kind of mass seduction born again. You are decieved as well. Thier is no excuse for J-O's ministry being alright because he might reach one Christian and therefore all of the others can burn in hell because one is ok. You need to get a grip.

--------------------
JAVA, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

Posts: 147 | From: Columbia South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ONLY God's Word combined with the conviction of The Holy Spirit working in a person's heart can make a dead soul born again.
Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brad,

First of all I am so glad that you are saved. But, I do have a question. When you were under Joel Osteen's preaching did he preach on sin and sinners? I honestly believe that Joel Osteen was on the right track at one time, but now that he has become PC, he is guilty of being a false prophet.

In order to be saved, you have to be saved from something and you have to know what you are being saved from. If at 4 oclock in the morning you knocked on my door and told me to get out, I would probably slam the door in your face and go back to bed. But, if you knocked on my door and told me that my place was on fire I would flee and thank you for saving my life.
In order to be saved you have to know what you are being saved from. When a Preacher sugar coats the Gospel because the congregation is offended by the words sin and sinner, then the Preacher is sinning Himself.
betty

P.S.

God often used sinners to work out His plan. I am not saying Joel Osteen is a sinner but I am saying he is a false prophet IF he stops preaching the truth in order to be PC.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BA,

You have stepped over the line. David gave us this section to discuss false teachers not to have for you and others to make fun of us and imply that we are beyond thinking with a brain.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
brother Brad writes
quote:
Well, I'm sure I'm not the only one, but Joel Osteen led me to Christ.

Brad

So tell me, those of you who "expose false teachers", is Brad a bornagain Christian or the "bastard offspring of a false preacher Joe Osteen" who cannot possibly be a Christian. It sounds to me like Brad became a Christian both because and irrespective of Joel Osteen. And there are probably hundreds who have become bornagain Christians because of Joel Osteen.

Joel Osteen is getting people saved because he is gettting people to hold a Bible in their hand for the first time and looking into it.

I was saved by READING the Bible, until the day came that I fully believed that Jesus raised from the dead and was the Son of God (and died for my sins).

And MY Bible was given to me by a true false teacher, by a New Ager, who said kind of conspiratorialy to me, "here, I think you're about ready for this" and handed me a KJV Bible.

Brother Brad got saved through Joel Osteen. I bet Brad is happy. Are you happy for Brad?

shadowmaker
Advanced Member
Member # 3696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadowmaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
JAVA writes [QUOTE]

It could even be said that even if Joel Osteen's work saves just ONE individual, it will have been worth, so great is that salvation and so great a pearl is it when found:

I say to you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner who repents, more than over 99 just persons who need no repentance.

I therefore don't care whether Christianity is "candy-coated" or "whatever-coated" because one sinner might repent and be saved.

Wherefore my sentence is, that we do not trouble them who from among the Gentiles are turned to God.

And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to You among the Gentiles, and sing {for 2 hours} unto Your name.

Well, I m sure I m not the only one, but Joel Osteen led me to Christ.

Brad

Posts: 272 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JAVA writes
quote:
I am not willing to accept, and will speak out against a preacher who is leading thousands of people to a fluffy and weak faith that only requires a sinners prayer and 2 hours of singing on Sunday.
As I wrote in another Topic, no one knows what effect Joel Osteen's "preaching" has on any one individual.

Many in Joel Osteen's congretation are carrying Bibles which means that any one individual can become greatly inspired by what is written in there, and none of us can know who is affected by the Bible, and who is not.

I became a Christian because someone gave me a Bible one day (though his intent was New Age), but when I began reading it for myself, I became a Christians and departed from idols.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I have been avoiding the subject of false preachers, because my sister had got on to me by using the scripture about touching not God's anointing. But today, I watched a Preacher talk about Preachers who have abandoned the truth of God's Word in favor of a new Gospel that is sweeter to the taste buds. He spoke about how that preaching against false Preachers was so important that Paul and Peter both preached strongly on the subject. Then I realized that those who are preaching false Gospel have lost the anointing of God on their lives. They have known the truth but have abandoned the truth in order to fill their Churches with larger numbers.
They are leading people to hell in large numbers. People, who believe that because their Church accepts their sinful lifestyle that God, Himself will do the same, are being led to hell by false Preachers. The shame is not on those who reveal these false Preachers but on the Preachers themselves, who have abandon the truth of God's Word.
betty

--------------------

oneofgods
Community Member
Member # 5046

Icon 9 posted      Profile for oneofgods     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even though it is frusterating that J-O and others are giving people false hope, it is not suprising that there is many false teachers. Satan will decieve people and worm his way into anything trying to lead people away from the truth. [Mad]
Posts: 17 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was posting this message to the Compaq Center thread but posted it as new. But I think it is a good topic by itself.

P.S. J-O = Joel Osteen

--------------------
JAVA, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

Posts: 147 | From: Columbia South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

I have been in New Orleand helping with the disaster, which in itself was a disaster. And have been thinking about this post the entire time I have been there.
I watched J-O last Sunday and what and appalling message. He was preaching about how Christians will and should be happy in every thing they do. We all know that knowing the Lord comes at a price . Being a Christian is the farthest thing from being easy. For new believers who are searching for purpose and meaning, if they come to the Lord thinking that every thing is going to be fine and dandy they will shorlty become frustrated and find themselves saying chants in some New Age religion that leads nowhere... You might think thats a broad statement, but it is not. J-O Has become so hugely popular that he is gaining new believers and making them think that all is sweet and cherry when you believe in Jesus. People need to be aware that to walk and serve the Lord requires self sacrifice at times that can be down right miserable. I am not willing to accept, and will speak out against a preacher who is leading thousands of people to a fluffy and weak faith that only requires a sinners prayer and 2 hours of singing on Sunday. I am ready and willing, and hope that all of you are as well, to lay down my life, as HE did, to do what His will requires.

[dance]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement