Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » question for you.

Author Topic: question for you.
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HE LIVES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's so rare to find a man preaching the word on TV these days. Sometimes I try to find someone preaching a good message on the Christian stations, but most of the time all you can find is someone wanting you to sow a seed in their ministry, or somebody singing a song like it's christian star search or something. The world needs someone who will get on there and preach the word of God to the starving souls of the world. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Somebody get on there and preach!!!
Posts: 182 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
apprentice
Advanced Member
Member # 4944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for apprentice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen! I don't think a TV minister should even ask for money. If God wants them on TV, he will provide. Isn't that what the Bible says?
Posts: 21 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dondi
Advanced Member
Member # 4966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dondi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Add my amen to that also. It is not right for them to sell their product through a supposed evagelical program. I think TBN has lost its perspective on things. Clearly, them trying to sell whatever it was is no different to me than Oral Roberts telling folks he needs one million dollars or the Lord will kill him. I believe they all started out with good clean hearts, wanting to tell others of Christ, but then the money cmae in, and we know what that can/will do to a person

--------------------
Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and sup with him, and him with Me. Rev. 3:20

Posts: 33 | From: Ceres,Ca | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,

Amen to your posting. I truly do not believe it is the right thing at all to be marketing their products on religious programs. I believe if they want to try to sell their products they need to do in a totally separate manner and not on or during any religious programming. God bless you!

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the things that MSN brought up about Pat Robertson is the way he sales his protein shake on his religious show. This brings up an interesting point. I watched a woman’s Christian show the other day on TBN. I cannot recall hear her talk about God but she and another lady spent thirty minutes scaring people into buying her product for $50 for their health sake. The weird thing is I found a product that does the same thing for $1.12 at Wal-mart pharmacy. Is it really the Christian thing to do, to scare people into paying almost 49 dollars more for a product they can get at the store?
When did Religious programs become more like infomercials?
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement