Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Any thoughts on this picture? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Any thoughts on this picture?
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Dale & Drew! I have a question on this scripture Drew:

Ecclesiastes 5:3 For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool’s voice is known by multitude of words.

4: When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed.

5: Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay.

6: Suffer not thy mouth to cause thy flesh to sin; neither say thou before the angel, that it was an error: wherefore should God be angry at thy voice, and destroy the work of thine hands?

7: For in the multitude of dreams and many words there are also divers vanities: but fear thou God.

Do you think that this applies to vowing discipleship? If I through my re-birth and taking of HIS name vow to follow HIM and do the things that he has called those who love HIM to do, like keeping HIS commands, Feeding HIS sheep, going into the world and making disciples of HIM, and I do not pay that vow, because I get tied up in following men and not HIM.... if I become a disciple of men and not Christ, do you think that he will destroy the work of my hands?

Could that be why there is so little power in the professing church today? Could that be why so many professing christians are in bondage to gambling, and sexual sin, and in debt, and unhappy, and depressed, and not living the victorious live that we should be living? Could this be why so many are like an old country song - looking for love in all the wrong places - like in their jobs, and in the next self help book or seminar or in a bigger house or a newer car or a new spouse or a what ever the flavor of happiness happens to be this month or this year?

What do ya think?

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for you thoughts!

I do not desire anything but good for Joel Osteen and others that have adopted his same philosophy of the gospel. I am truly sadden that he / they can not see the truth. I will pray that Yahweh open his / theirs / your eyes before it is to late.

Consider Yeshua’s words

quote:
“Blessed are you when men hate you, and when they exclude you and revile you, and cast out your name as evil, on account of the Son of Man! Rejoice in that day, and leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in heaven; for so their fathers did to the prophets. . . . but . . . woe to you when all men speak well of you, for so their fathers did to the false prophets (Luke 6:21-26).

I conclude from this that God, through Jesus, assigned an absolutely inverse relationship to the estimate of either a thing or a person. If the estimation of men (in general) is high, God's estimation is low; if the estimation of God is high, that of men will be low. There is no provision at all for the remotest possibility that God's estimate will agree with man's when the estimate of man is high. Still, there is a provision for agreement when the estimate is low, for it is only when the estimate of men is low "on account of the Son of Man" that God's estimate is inevitably high.

Although Jesus does not address the point, he leaves open the possibility that the two estimates agree when they do not involve the Son of Man, and when they are low. Consider these examples: criminals, murderers, and tyrants may at once be abominations to both God and men. But I must repeat, for emphasis, that if the estimate of men is high, God's is low. Since it is God's word that Jesus announced, the nature of things must be such that God despises anything or anyone exalted among men. “

quote taken from

http://www.voiceofjesus.org/world.htm

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ecclesiastes (Qoheleth), Chapter 5

4: When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed.
5: Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay.
6: Suffer not thy mouth to cause thy flesh to sin; neither say thou before the angel, that it was an error: wherefore should God be angry at thy voice, and destroy the work of thine hands?
7: For in the multitude of dreams and many words there are also divers vanities: but fear thou God.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is just for those dedicated believers who are interested in living a sanctified life. The rest of you can go on drinking your milk.

It is bad enough when when 'Christians' start picking apart messages of preachers who profess to be one of God's anointed ones, but when we get into mocking the messenger, that is really getting into dangerous territory.

Ecclesiastes 5:6
Do not let your mouth cause your flesh to sin, nor say before the messenger of God that it was an error. Why should God be angry at your excuse and destroy the work of your hands? [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No BA it is not a good thing. It is exactly the kind of thing that leads people away from Christianity to the cults like Islam seeking holiness, simplicity of worship, freedom from hypocrisy and the exaltation of the things worldly.

Talk to the many service men that go to the middle east and leave Christianity for Islam.

They leave because they sought holiness in Christianity and could not find it. They understood that God desired obedience and could not find it in mainstream American Christianity. They understood that God desired prayer and could not find it in mainstream American Christianity. They understood that God desired them to come out of the world but in the church mainstream American all they found was the world.

Ask people what draws them to become Jehovah witnesses.

Ask people what draws them to Mormonism.

I have asked these questions and I find one thing in common - a search for purity of faith and the absence of the hypocrisy that seeks God through the pursuit of the worldly and not the Godly and they did not find it mainstream American Christianity.

It is not a good thing. BA. It is the kind of thing that makes for great mockery and sataire on an atheist website.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

The man is holding a Holy Bible on the front cover of Texas Monthly?

Is Joel Osteen like the anointed cherub who was "perfect in his beauty until iniquity was found in him"?

Or is Joel Osteen at least holding a Holy Bible on the front cover of the Texas Monthly, and as Martha Steward used to say, "And that's a good thing"?

God bless us all on this BBS, I am BORN AGAIN by the [Cross] of Yahshua-Jesus of Bethlehem-Judah (Micah 5:2) ("...I'm just fishin'..."}

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.texasmonthly.com/preview/2005-08-01/feature

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Texas Monthly looks like a tabloid magazine.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andyman
Advanced Member
Member # 4781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey!! Chicken Fried Everything!!!! [cool_shades] cool or what?! [Cool] [Cool]

oh, jeb osteen... yeah he looks very ... uhm ...pretty.

[wiggle7]

--------------------
IN 2000, WE AMERICANS spent 94 Billion Dollars lavishly on our home churches. However, the average North American Christian gives only 50 CENTS a week to global missions.

Gospel for Asia - Fire on the Altar

Posts: 60 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Genesis 1:27 So God created humankind in his image, in the image of God he created them, male and female he created them.

Genesis 1:27
27: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Romans 3:
23: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:
23: For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 2:4
Or do you despise the riches of His
goodness, forbearance, and
longsuffering, not knowing that the
goodness of God leads you to
repentance?

2 Tim. 3:
6: For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7: Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8: Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9: But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

"I try to be n-i-c-e, you know, give 'em a boost for the week"
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Genesis 1:27 So God created humankind in his image, in the image of God he created them, male and female he created them.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
about 15 minute drive from downtown Houston.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
I have not liked Texas Monthly sinced they trashed my hometown of Channelview, Texas.
betty

Quick sidebar - where is Channelview TG?
Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I have not liked Texas Monthly sinced they trashed my hometown of Channelview, Texas.
betty

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christian celebrities and the followers who idolize them.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
 -

Ahhh. The golden boy in all of his media glory. Will it ever end?

Too bad we don't have a puking "smiley face guy". We could use it now.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement