Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Muslims

Author Topic: Muslims
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,

I do agree with you that we must be vigilant where they are concerned just the same as we have to be vigilant of some americans also - thinking only of the ones who have betrayed our country.

Supporting missionary work is so great and it's so needed. God bless you Betty!

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do pay my tithes. We are sponsoring (our Church) a missionary couple to go to Beirut Lebanon next year. This couple is perfect for this position. The man though white grew up in a part of New York that was mostly Muslim and his wife's family came from Lebanon. Both speak the language of Lebanon.

At the same time, we must be vigilant because there are Muslim people who’s life’s desire is to kill themselves, taking as many Jews and Americans as possible.

betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andyman
Advanced Member
Member # 4781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by andyman:
Hey, I know!!!

What if we could all pitch in and <<PLANT A CHURCH>> in the most heaviely populated Islamic countries in the world today! What do you think!? I think it might be so crazy as to actually work!

How about instead of whining and complaining about the facts, perhaps we should evangelize them, and pay our flippen' tithes to world missions? By God Jimmy, it just may work!

"Wow! Amem and AMEN Andy!!"
"Yeah thats some good preaching!!"

Oh, why thank you, you two!~ Always glad to help [Big Grin]

*pats self on back* [Smile]

--------------------
IN 2000, WE AMERICANS spent 94 Billion Dollars lavishly on our home churches. However, the average North American Christian gives only 50 CENTS a week to global missions.

Gospel for Asia - Fire on the Altar

Posts: 60 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Acts 2:
36: Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
37: Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39: For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40: And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
41: Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
42: And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
43: And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
44: And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
45: And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
46: And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
47: Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

There were 3000 Jews came to Christ that day.

Paul was a Jew, lead prosecutor for the Sanhedrian, as Saul until the Lord knocked him out of the saddle on the Damascus road. Without Christ none are saved for they stand condemned already, both Jew and Gentile alike.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyearandcounting
Advanced Member
Member # 4449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneyearandcounting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that who ever should believe in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

seems pretty clear cut to me but I could be wrong.

God bless
greg

--------------------
Acts9:18 And straightway there fell from his eyes as it were scales, and he received his sight; and he arose and was baptized.

Posts: 183 | From: winder Ga | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If one feels without Jesus you are condemned, does that then mean you feel Jewish have no salvation?

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Caretaker

The answer to your three questions is a definite yes! They converted to christianity as I stated in my prior posting!

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andyman
Advanced Member
Member # 4781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I know!!!

What if we could all pitch in and <<PLANT A CHURCH>> in the most heaviely populated Islamic countries in the world today! What do you think!? I think it might be so crazy as to actually work!

How about instead of whining and complaining about the facts, perhaps we should evangelize them, and pay our flippen' tithes to world missions? By God Jimmy, it just may work!

<End Sarcasm. Thank you.>

--------------------
IN 2000, WE AMERICANS spent 94 Billion Dollars lavishly on our home churches. However, the average North American Christian gives only 50 CENTS a week to global missions.

Gospel for Asia - Fire on the Altar

Posts: 60 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grandmajo:

Aaron,

Yes they did. I also had another muslim friend who converted to christianity.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Then they no longer go to the Mosque?
They now attend a Christian chuirch?
They have rejected Allah?

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Aaron,

Yes they did. I also had another muslim friend who converted to christianity.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gramajo320:

There is a very nice muslim christian family living right here in our city. I use the word muslim because that is what they say. Anyway they themselves stated how they became christians and I absolutely do not have any reason whatsoever to doubt them.

Did they convert from Islam to Christianity?

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys might be interested in this audio link. It is a talk given by Avi Lipkin, a Jewish speaker/author. He works for the IDF and worked for the Israeli Government for many years. He has a tremendous amount of knowledge about Islam (both current and historical), and has compelling evidence regarding their intent to destroy Christians and Jews. (I'm not talking about your neighbors Gramajo).

The link below is from July 2001; spoken to a Christian audience. When you listen to it post Sept. 11, it is chilling. This guy knows what he's talking about. I've heard some more recent ones as well, and they are equally as good.

He's easy to listen to and has a sense of humor, although he's quite serious about this subject. It's not a "dry" listen.

Lipkin - July 2001

If anyone actually listens, let me know what you think. You may be hungry for more. It's worth it. Take the time.

Think I'll post this in another room also - End Times maybe?

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Caretaker,

I knew what His Grace's post is about, thank you!
I said that about not lumping all muslims together because in these days and times many people tend to believe if they are muslim or arab then they must be terrorists. There are so many prejudiced people in this world!

I posted about the muslims that I knew personally and I found them to be very nice, very respectful, very eager to become an american citizens.

There is a very nice muslim christian family living right here in our city. I use the word muslim because that is what they say. Anyway they themselves stated how they became christians and I absolutely do not have any reason whatsoever to doubt them.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grandmajo:

We have to remember that not all muslim people are terrorists and we have to be very careful to not lump them all together into one category because that is just not fair to them whatsoever.

There are some very nice muslim people - I've met quite a few myself and became acquainted with them. I certainly never found them to be scary at all. We had a lot of very interesting discussions and we learned a lot about each other's culture through our discussions. As a matter of fact I had three muslims tell me that in just getting to know me that helped them to change their minds and helped them to know that not all americans are hateful as they'd been taught to believe and that some americans have an open mind and by that they meant that I listened to them and I treated them with respect. Also they listened to me and treated me with a whole lot of respect. Of course there is a difference in their beliefs as compared to what we believe but nonetheless just remember there are a whole lot of very good muslim people and that not all muslims are terrorists. Also there are a lot of muslims who are christians.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1) HisGrace was contrasting Christianity with Islam, and no mention was made in her post of terrorists.

2) Not one Muslim is Christian, but not all Arabs are Muslim, and many Arabs are Christian.

3) Without Christ one is condemned. Those who follow Islam, who are Muslim and serve Allah, are condemned.

John 3:
18: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

It does not matter how nice the Muslims are, without Christ they are lost and bound for hell.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Aaron
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
HisGrace,

I do not think you can seperate terrorist actions from the Muslum relegion. When it is taught in the Mosque, it is apart of them.
betty

You're right, Grandma. Killing others is a fundamental part of the muslim religion. A form of Islam that does not include killing others is a new form of Islam. AFAIK no such form exists.

Aaron

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HisGrace,

I do not think you can seperate terrorist actions from the Muslum relegion. When it is taught in the Mosque, it is apart of them.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

quote:
Also there are a lot of muslims who are christians.

You meant "There are arabs who are Christians." A muslim is one who follows the religion of Islam.

Certainly there are a lot of muslims who are not terrorists. However, the teachings of Islam (in the Qu'ran and Hadith) permit such acts in certain situations.

Also, our God has always demanded death for sin whereas Allah's forgiveness only comes upon good muslims who are genuinely sorry for their actions. There is no "standard" for "genuinely sorry" so many muslims do not know if their god has forgiven them even up till death. There is, however, a more tangible way to access muslim paradise: fight in jihad.

I have studied some of the muslim teachings. If you have questions I would be glad to answer them.

Aaron

There is one more thing I want to be clear on: what the media calls "fanatical Islam" is actually "fundamental Islam"...as I said killing others is permitted in some cases and for certain causes. We do not worship the same god (Allah was the moon god worshiped by Mohammed's father...one of many gods worshiped by the arabs until Muhammad delivered his "revelation" monotheism to the divided tribes of arabs).

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
We have to remember that not all muslim people are terrorists and we have to be very careful to not lump them all together into one category because that is just not fair to them whatsoever.

I totally agree with you Gramajo. The intention of my thread is not to address the terrorist issue whatsoever. I am just concerned about the millions embracing the Islamic faith.
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

While individual Muslems are nice people, we have to remember the Koran teaches that one day the Muslems will take over the world and either every personw will embrace the Muslem relegion or die. They don't even teach to convert Jews, they are taught to that all Jews are to be killed. The Koran is not a peaceful relegion. To underestimate the Muslems is a very big mistake.
betty

--------------------

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

There are some very nice muslim people - I've met quite a few myself and became acquainted with them. I certainly never found them to be scary at all. We had a lot of very interesting discussions and we learned a lot about each other's culture through our discussions. As a matter of fact I had three muslims tell me that in just getting to know me that helped them to change their minds and helped them to know that not all americans are hateful as they'd been taught to believe and that some americans have an open mind and by that they meant that I listened to them and I treated them with respect. Also they listened to me and treated me with a whole lot of respect. Of course there is a difference in their beliefs as compared to what we believe but nonetheless just remember there are a whole lot of very good muslim people and that not all muslims are terrorists. Also there are a lot of muslims who are christians.

--------------------
Gramajo320

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just heard on the news to-night that 20% of the world's population is Muslim and that number is growing. That is one in 5 people on this earth is Muslim - scary statistic.

Christianity /Islam
Afterlife Christians will be with the Lord in heaven (Phil. 1:21-24), in our resurrected bodies (1 Cor. 15:50-58). Non-Christians will be cast into hell forever (Matt. 25:46)

Islam - There is an afterlife (75:12) experienced as either an ideal life of Paradise (29:64), for faithful Muslims or Hell for those who are not.

Atonement The sacrifice of Christ on the cross (1 Pet. 2:24) whereby His blood becomes the sacrifice that turns away the wrath of God (1 John 2:2) from the sinner when the sinner receives (John 1:12), by faith (Rom. 5:1), the work of Christ on the cross.

Islam -
There is no atonement work in Islam other than a sincere confession of sin and repentance by the sinner.

Bible- The inspired and inerrant word of God in the original manuscripts (2 Tim. 3:16).

Islam -Respected word of the prophets but the Bible has been corrupted through the centuries and is only correct in so far as it agrees with the Koran.

Crucifixion- The place where Jesus atoned for the sins of the world. It is only through this sacrifice that anyone can be saved from the wrath of God (1 Pet. 2:24).

Islam - Jesus did not die on the cross. Instead, God allowed Judas to look like Jesus and he was crucified instead.

God- God is a trinity of persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Islam - The Trinity is not three gods in one god, nor is it one person who took three forms. Trinitarianism is strictly monotheistic. There is no other God in existence. God is known as Allah. Allah is one person, a strict unity. There is no other God in existence. He is the creator of the universe (3:191), sovereign over all (6:61-62).

Jesus -Second person of the Trinity. He is the word who became flesh (John 1:1, 14). He is both God and man (Col. 2:9).

Islam - A very great prophet, second only to Muhammad. Jesus is not the son of God (9:30) and certainly is not divine (5:17, 75)) and he was not crucified (4:157). 15:25;75:36-40; 22:6).

Salvation- A free gift of God (Eph. 2:8-9) to the person who trusts in Christ and His sacrifice on the cross. He is our mediator (1 Tim. 2:5). No works are sufficient in any way to merit salvation since our works are all unacceptable to God (Isaiah 64:6).

Islam - Forgiveness of sins is obtained by Allah's grace without a mediator. The Muslim must believe Allah exists, believe in the fundamental doctrines of Islam, believe that Muhammad is his prophet, and follow the commands of Allah given in the Koran.

Son of God- A term used to designate that Jesus is divine though he is not the literal son of God in a physical sense (John 5:18).

Islam - A literal son of God. Therefore, Jesus cannot be the son of Allah.

CHRISTIAN APOLOGETICS AND RESEARCH MINISTRY ©

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement