Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Prosperity Another Gospel

Author Topic: Prosperity Another Gospel
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Drew, Harcore

I will not belittle the Great Salvation Yeshua purchased with His Precious Blood

He Saved me body, soul and spirit

He has great gift for His people, just like the gifts but they are not to bless me but the Kingdom

I was Word of Faith for years, I went to 4 years of WOF Bible school, I know what they teach and practice on the inside. They are wolves in sheeps clothing

I pray for those that have not seen the truth

and if you are not a lover of truth you will never see the light

I pray Yahweh open your eyes

remember it is our own lust that leads us away from truth

lust for money, lust for fame, lust for power, lust for health, yes you read that right lust for health, some people desire health for personal gain and not for the Glory of Yahweh and His Kingdom

Remember its all about Yahweh and His will be done, not my will or your will

Yeshua declared it for all who would follow, Pray like the Our Father which art in heaven hallowed be your name, your Kingdom come your will be done on earth as it is in heaven

I know there is no sickness in heaven, that what you wanted to say

but neither is there a cross for crucifiction in Heaven, but the will of The Heavenly Father was for His Son to die on a cruel cross.

Let us let The Heavenly Father decide what is Faith for each individual, what cross He has chose for us to bear.

You don't tell Yahweh anything, you ask, seek and knock He will answer by His choice. Contrary to the Word of Faith people saying comand Yahweh He has to obey if you quote Him His word!

I feel so sorry for those people, the are so decieved.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You, Marilyn

You see me quite well, down to earth, that is me to a T. I don't cotton to putting on airs.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
israel my beloved
Advanced Member
Member # 4776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for israel my beloved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sister Betty, Thank You for being down to earth, for standing in what you believe, in Jesus and His Saving Grace. Don't ever change my sister, you truly are an inspiration to me [hug]

Marilyn

--------------------
Psalm 122:1

I was glad when they said unto me; let us go unto the house of the LORD

Posts: 32 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lars7

I cannot name any time in the Bible but I can name a person who got saved because of his wife's health. A woman my mom age went to Church by herself the first 30 something years of her marriage. She broker her hip and because of complications was no longer able to drive. Her husband began bringing her to Church came with her for the next 15 years. I have good reason that he ended up getting saved because of her health issues.

My husband, was agnostic, a former marine very independent man, it took a light stroke for him to realize his need in God. Even after he gave his heart to God and got back in Church, he was not as consistent in his attendance as he should be. When my health made it where I could not drive, he would often make comments after Church that he was glad he went but that he would have slept in that morning, if I could have driven myself to Church.
So yes, Lars, God does use illness to His Glory. If I had to choose my health over my husbands faithfulness to God, I choose my husbands faithfulness to God.

As for as finaces. I pray every day that God will provide the money for us to get a house in the country, but if he says no, I am not going to quit Church. I do not think I have to borrow money I do not have to send to a T.V. minister for "seed money" in order for God to answer my prayers. God commanded his people to pay thithes on money they made, not to borrow on money they hoped to make in the future.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prosperity is for the soul first. God does prosper those He will, financially for His kingdom, or to show His grace, but the true treasures are spiritual.

Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and then all these things shall be added unto you.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
israel my beloved
Advanced Member
Member # 4776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for israel my beloved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hardcore, AMEN!!! [clap2] You hit the hammer right on the nail, AMEN, AMEN, AMEN [thumbsup2]

--------------------

Posts: 32 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To those of you who like to talk about God wanting us to be "rich" all the time:

Do you understand the concept of being spiritually rich?

What do you think God meant by these verses?

Mat 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

Mat 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

Mat 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Mar 10:25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Mat 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Luk 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Psa 52:7 Lo, [this is] the man [that] made not God his strength; but trusted in the abundance of his riches, [and] strengthened himself in his wickedness.

Psa 62:10 Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart [upon them].

I'm not saying that the Lord might not decide to bless any one of us with material wealth or perfect health. That's His call. But it is not what we are to seek. The "prosperity" gospel is only achieved by twisting scripture and taking it out of context. People buy into it because it's what they want to hear. It's the same reason they buy into all the self-help, feel-good baloney coming from pulpits everywhere. They don't really want to be obedient, deny themselves, and follow Christ. They want to feel good about themselves and be blessed.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

It's not about what God can do for you. It's about what you can do for God.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Texas Grandma,

The thing I noticed about Dignity was not a personal slur to you. I speak of it in general terms to the whole Country of America. We as a nation do NOT have any dignity.

It opened my eyes to the accusations the Europeans cast on America, as being loud, and obnoxious people, with no couth.

Compared to these Central American countries I see that truth.

Call it a cultural eye opener for me.

Those people really touched my heart.

They are polite, and personal, and treat others with respect. Unlike most Americans who live in a dog eat dog world.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Romans 8:
26: Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27: And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28: And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29: For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30: Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31: What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32: He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33: Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34: Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35: Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36: As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37: Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38: For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39: Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 Tim. 6:
6: But godliness with contentment is great gain.
7: For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
8: And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
9: But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
10: For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
11: But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
12: Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
13: I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;
14: That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
15: Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
16: Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
17: Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
18: That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;
19: Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.
20: O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
21: Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

Acts 3:
6: Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

Hebrews 11:
32: And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:
33: Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,
34: Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
35: Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
36: And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
37: They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
38: (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
39: And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
40: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

1 Cor. 4:
9: For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.
10: We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.
11: Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12: And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13: Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.

Matt. 8:
19: And a certain scribe came, and said unto him, Master, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
20: And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/content/news_syndication/article_05045camp.shtml

Churches have made Jesus a 'prosperity fiend' -05/04/05

A professor of sociology from the US has challenged Christians in the UK to live more simply and reject a false Christian message of 'health and wealth'.

Speaking at the Evangelical festival Spring Harvest, Tony Campolo, who became well known in the 1990s for his pastoral support for Bill Clinton, said Jesus has been made into a 'prosperity fiend'.

His call comes after churches in the UK launched a report entitled "Prosperity with a Purpose" which extolled the virtues of wealth creation and economic growth.

"Do we worship the Jesus of the Scriptures?" Tony Campolo asked Christians at the festival.

"Every generation gets rid of the biblical Jesus and creates a new one in His place. The Jesus of our culture is a prosperity fiend, a God that promises health and wealth.

"But Jesus spoke with clarity – if you are going to follow Him, it is going to cost you everything that you have."

He went on "The Jesus of scripture is a radical Jesus. He is not primarily interested in getting us into heaven; He came to create a people through whom His will could be done on earth as it is in heaven. But one great theme of the evangelical community is that the world is too evil to be changed. What you believe you can do will determine what you do. It’s time we felt guilty – because if we lived more simply, we could help the poor and oppressed. How seriously do we take the Jesus
who calls us to this sacrificial lifestyle?"

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Psychology/char/more/w-f.htm

A Prosperity Gospel

Nothing will create more euphoria in the average person than the promise to make them wealthy, and this the Word-Faith leadership knows very well. The Word-Faith teacher's lifestyle is clearly identified by opulence, luxury, riches, and the assurance that all of this can be his followers as well -- if only they apply certain principles.

Robert Tilton is normative. On a Trinity Broadcasting Network program in 1990 he said:

"Being poor is a sin, when God promises prosperity. New house? New car? That's chicken feed. That's nothing compared to what God wants to do for you" (Charismatic Chaos, p. 285).

Fred Price on a similar broadcast explains how it works:

"If you've got one dollar faith and you ask for a ten-thousand dollar item, it ain't going to work. It won't work. Jesus said, 'According to your [faith],' not according to God's will for you, in His own good time, if it's according to His will, if He can work it into his busy schedule. He said, 'According to your faith, be it unto you'" (Charismatic Chaos, p. 286).

Of course, the road to prosperity somehow always leads to the offering plate of the Word-Faith Movement. Gloria Copeland (Kenneth's wife) pulls no punches in her book God's Will Is Prosperity:

"Give $10 and receive $1000; Give $1000 and receive $100,000 … give one house and receive one hundred houses or a house worth one hundred times as much. Give one airplane and receive one hundred times the value of the airplane. … In short, Mark 10:30 is a very good deal" (p. 54).

A Health Gospel

The "name-it-and-claim-it" pundits are not content with mere wealth; they want to feel well enough to enjoy their prosperity. So do most of their listeners. So while you are giving away wealth, why not dispense health as well?

The Word-Faith teachers, as is true of many other charismatics, believe that Christ provided for physical healing at the cross. As a result, not only are Christians saved from sin, they are promised a life of health. Kenneth Copeland writes in Healed … to Be or Not to Be:

"The first step to spiritual maturity is to realize your position before God. You are a child of God and a joint-heir with Jesus. Consequently, you are entitled to all the rights and privileges in the kingdom of God, and one of their rights is health and healing" (p. 25).

But, if healing is part of the atonement, why do Christians get sick? Lack of faith, as Benny Hinn explains:

"The Bible declares that the work was done 2,000 years ago. God is not going to heal you now -- he healed you 2,000 years ago. All you have to do today is receive your healing by faith" (Rise and Be Healed, p. 44).

Of course reality, in the form of sickness, has to be faced even by the Word-Faith leaders. Fred Price may proclaim "we don't allow sickness in our home," but his wife still has cancer. Kenneth Hagin brags that he has not had a headache, the flu, or even "one sick day" in nearly 60 years, but he has had four cardiovascular crises. Paul Crouch may have healed Oral Roberts of chest pains on a TBN Broadcast, but it didn't stop Oral from having a heart attack a few hours later (Christianity in Crisis, pp. 237-238). How are these things explained away? Predictably, by blaming them on the devil. Sickness in the Word-Faith camp is usually seen as satanic attacks that must be repelled by words of faith (i.e., "positive confession").

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lars7
Advanced Member
Member # 4911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lars7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shame on me...yes I know...shame on me for saying what God says about me!...God says in His word..let the poor say Iam rich!....shame on me for the blab it and grab it scam....Shame on me for grabing what God has already blabed about me....yes shame on me.
Can you show me in the Word where God used an illness or caused someone to be sick to further his plans or bring glory to Himself? Or better yet show me in the Gospels where Jesus did not heal someone!
Did Jesus ever turn anyone away who needed healing of somekind....If God is the same yesterday...today and forever....then there should be at least as many examples of Jesus turning away people that needed healing as there are people that he has healed.In all we do and all we are we do to the Glory of God.....Where does God get any Glory in people being sick?...You confessed Romans 10:8 and 9 and believed in salvation...at least I hope you did....well you blabed and grabed salvation.....Hmmmmmm....you have no problem believing that.....the Bible says if you confess with your MOUTH...that Jesus Christ is Lord and believe with your heart you are saved!...why did you blab and grab that....but by my stripes you are healed wont float?....Define to me please Great Faith....wherin the Bible says we are all dealt the same measure of Faith?...the word also says Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God....I never saw the word Great there.The big question is .....Is He or is He not your provider.....If he is not then I can see where you are coming from....but if he is your provider then why would he provide you with sickness?...or poverty....or depression?Hmmmmmm.
This is a medical fact....every sickness and or illness falls into 1 of 39 catagories.....so whatever sickness one may have can be found in the 39 catagories.....Must just be a co-ink-edink that Jesus took 39 lashings that left 39 gaping scares on his back....and so he bore that beating so we could bring glory to God in our sickness....Hmmmm
Let me refresh your memory....Mark:11-23-24
<For verily I say unto you!...that whosoever...are you a whosoever?...shall SAY unto this mountian be thou removed and cast into the sea...and shall not DOUBT in his HEART...BUT SHALL BELIEVE that those things which he SAITH shall come to pass he shall HAVE whatever he SAITH.....24<Therefore I say unto you what things soever ye desire when ye pray believe that ye recieve them and ye shall have them> Hmmmm Kinda sums it up there....now replace the word mountian with sickness...for the word mountian Jesus uses here defines any problem that is in your way....sounds pretty definitive to me.
Count the times the word say or saith in in that scripture....sounds to me that its a confession with the mouth......so either you are right about people being sick....or Jesus is a Lier....it cant be both.God is not a Genie to me....He is my Daddy....my provider...He is my everything...

SELAH

Posts: 49 | From: Ma | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ecclesiastes 5:19
Every man also to whom God has given riches and wealth, and has given him power to eat thereof, and to take his portion, and to rejoice in his labor; this is the gift of God.

Psalm 122:6
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper who love you.

3 John 1:2
Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul {psykhe=nephesh} prospers.

2 Chronicles 26:5
And he sought God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding in the visions of God: and as long as he sought the LORD, God made him to prosper.

Looks like some good “prosperity preaching” to me! Thank You, LORD!

God have mercy on all of us, I am BORN AGAIN by the [Cross] alone

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Lars7

God is not a Genie that we request our wishes from. You take the Gospel of Christ and turn it into a product. The Bible does not teach grab it and claim it. I have know many people who died because of illness and yet they had great faith. Do you not see that God sometimes uses illness to work out His plan? Are you so blind that you want to put anyone who has an illness in a box and proclaim them weak in their faith. Shame on you. Yes we can be rich in faith, but God has promised no one wealth on this earth.
betty

--------------------

Lars7
Advanced Member
Member # 4911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lars7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People just dont get it...they do not know there Father.....God paid the HIGHEST price he could to redeem you....He placed His only Son on the Cross to die a shameful death....A death you should have paid!....But He stepped in and paid it for you!
So why would God pay such a high price for us then watch us not prosper.....Wake up people!...Let me ask you a question....All people in these boards have family of somekind....If any of you say came into 100 million dollars...would you not share that wealth with your husband or wife and kids alike????
Maybe even some friends....Then why is God any different...He wants all His children...sons and daughters to prosper....He wants all of our cups to overflow in abundence....This is why He created man in the 1st place....So He could lavish His Love on us!....If your cup is not overflowing then check your realationship with your Father!....Jesus said If you ask ANYTHING in My name according to my will the answer is YES!...God wants to Bless each and everyone of us with all of our hearts content....Look at the parables Jesus taught....He taught one on managing money....bottom line is if you do not manage small amounts of money well.....then in no way could you manage large amounts....Is it a sin to be poor?...Well you be the judge...whats comin out of your mouth?....are you cryin to God about your poverty?....Are you sayin God you gotta do something cuz I cant pay my bills this month nor pay my mortage?....What is God suppose to do with those confessions?....Lets see what God has to say.....He says let the poor say I am rich!...Now let Him keep hearing that come out of your mouth!
Faith in God will say that...God says you are blessed with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Eph 1:3...Let Him hear you say that!
What about Healing?...well once again if you do not believe that God wants you well....Then you will not be...He will not overide your will...But lets see what God has to say on the subject....By My stripes you ARE healed...the word ARE is past tense.....meaning its already done 2000 years ago.
All you need to do is BELIEVE it!.....But if you say healing is not done today then guess what you will not get healed!.....In other words say what God has said about you in His word!...Confess it back to Him....When you speak His word back to Him He hears that as FAITH! God Loves you more than you can realize....Get alone with Him and call Him on His word and you will soon see God in action in your life!.............SELAH

Posts: 49 | From: Ma | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

White Eagle,

I am afraid I was harsh with you and I do apolgize for that. To be honest, I was still smarting from this thread:

Author Topic: Chaste
becauseHElives

Advanced Member
Member # 87

posted July 28, 2005 01:35 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Women used to be ladies, but today the opposite is true! America has become a nation of **** -es and feminist!

Just as “Few will be Saved” as Yeshua said, Few are those women/girls that do not blaspheme Yahweh’s Word in modesty.

To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed. (KJV)

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

-----------
I still think that you need to be more sympathic to people who live in America. Even though we are on a fixed income, I know we are blessed to be better finacally then our first year of marriage. But there are many people in America who will go to bed hungry tonight. Thankfully I am not one of those.

The post from above also tries to put all women in one box. This is unfair. Even in Bible days there women who were made their living in questionable ways. But there are still many young ladies who remain chaste until marriage and not all women dress inappropriatly.

I do not consider my self a feminist but I do believe if a woman is doing the same job as a man she should be paid the same.
betty
betty
betty

--------------------

israel my beloved
Advanced Member
Member # 4776

That is true WhiteEagle, every nation has their poor, and America is no exception. I do not justify the means, but poverty is also in America. Maybe a little different than other nations, but still somewhat the same. Let's face it, no money and one cannot live...and I don't mean die. Let's face it, the rich will keep getting richer and the poor poorer, Revelation chapter 6 is proof of that.

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

White Eagle,

Let me tell you something Sister. I do have dignity. I have morals to. I have been with one man my whole life and that was after marriage. I am NOT a **** . I do dress modestly.
Yes, I realize that there are many people all over the world have things worse then me. Young lady until you are aflicted with a disease and do not have the health insurace nor the money to buy the medication to make your disease more controlable, I suggest that you not make accusations of others. When you go for years without having one day without pain, then you can make judgments about people like me. Until then I deserve your respect. thank you very much

by the way even women who have made mistakes and have gotten saved by Jesus do NOT have to answer to you.
betty

P.S. There was a time I had to wash clothes in the bath tub because we were very poor. I did not even have enough food then and was very under weight. So don't tell me American do not know about bad times. We were first married and had never heard of food stamps. Mind you I wish we had know because it would have been easier for us.

--------------------

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

The Bible has many verses about prosperity. Look in a Strong's concordance.

As far as being poor, I just returned from a central American country. The women wash their clothes at the river bank, their children run around with no shoes, and they don't have indoor plumbing, but....they all have something that most Americans do NOT have. DIGNITY.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

amen, Sister, I know what you mean. When hubby retired our income was cut in half and his health insurance from his company was going to cost us about 500 a month. So needless to say we have none. Hubby is blessed to be able to go to the VA but he is on a 6 month waiting list to have surgery he needs. But, can't complain. We have a roof over our head and food in the tummy. I pray Jesus comes soon so we will be in Heaven where there is no one selling anything. God bless you israel my beloved!!!!
betty

--------------------

israel my beloved
Advanced Member
Member # 4776

Amen TexasGrandma [clap2]

"Poverty is a curse!"
"To be poor is a sin!"
"Miraculous Debt Cancellation!"
"Supernatural power to get wealth!"

If this is suppose to be true, then....I am DAMNED!!!!!!!!!! But Thank God in His Glorious Heaven that I am not damned...I am poor, I live paycheck to paycheck, no hidden money, nothing in my checking account, I have no savings, stocks, bonds, diamonds, gold, but I AM A CHILD OF A KING [clap2] I will one day go to His Kingdom that He has set up for all who trust in Him.

I am single, no one to help pay the bills, I have no husband to help with the bills...such as Lights, (phone, cable, internet), luxuary's yes, but entitled to have a little something, car payment, rent and insurance-auto. I cannot afford health insurance,even thru my job it is still to expensive to get, after paying tithes and getting food for the two weeks, putting gas in the car-which is only going to get higher- paying all the bills, plus saving money for laundry I tell you the truth I have maybe $5.00 to last two weeks. But I am very content with this, God has Blessed me, maybe not with money, or even material things, but I have His peace that surpasses all Understanding, I am Forgiven, I am Loved by God in Heaven, His Holy Son and His Holy Spirit Lives within me, so who needs wealth here on earth, after all, THIS WORLD IS NOT MY HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [wiggle7] [dance] [hyper]

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

http://dios.bendice.com/english.htm

It’s time for your Increase!"
"The devil has to return 7 times
what he’s stolen from you!"
"Poverty is a curse!"
"To be poor is a sin!"
"Miraculous Debt Cancellation!"
"Supernatural power to get wealth!"

These are a few of the catch phrases heard regularly on many Christian television programs. Does the Bible really teach these concepts, or is the viewer being bombarded with double-talk and out of context scripture to seduce them into giving? Is it really God’s will for all believers to be rich, drive the best cars, live in the nicest neighborhoods and wear designer clothes?
Pastor Chuck Morley looks at many of the promises made by the leaders of the prosperity gospel, then compares them to what the Word of God actually teaches.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement