Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » The "Evangelical Church"

Author Topic: The "Evangelical Church"
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aaron, You will notice that I have posted in regards to this very trend of man made institution and I greatly appreciate this thread as it directly involves the change that many of us are attempting to make to "religion".

[dance]

--------------------
JAVA, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

Posts: 147 | From: Columbia South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always appreciate your profound wisdom Aaron. [Bible]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "Evangelical Church".

Is there such a church? If so then I assume there is also an Apostolic Church, a Prophetic Church, a Pastoring Church, and a Teaching Church. Right? They're all listed here:

"And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers..."

Why not a church for each gift listed? I suppose then we should have a "Healing Church" or a "Helping Church" and a "Church of Tongues" and an "Encouraging Church". Makes sense. Right?

Aww, by now you know I'm pulling your leg. [Wink]
So what what "kind" of church is the correct kind of church?

Paul says in Ephesians "There is one Body..." and later that the gifts were given to men for "the edifying of the Body of Christ".

The reason? "..that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head--Christ-- from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love."

Did you see that? *Each* gifted saint has something that supplies the other saints with what they need to grow up into Christ! We, each one, do our share and the body grows and is edified and is fully supplied.

Is the Body edifying its-self for better evangelism? No, evangelism is only *part* of the Body. My hands do not bring food to my mouth so that my tongue can do its work...each part works together so that my whole Body can grow. And we, who are the ekklesia, the church, are the Body of Christ.

"For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones."

We are members of Him. And we are gifted and empowered to grow up into Him, our Lord: Christ.

There is no "Evangelical Church". There is only one ekklesia and only one Name that satisfies the deepest part of the believer's soul, "Christ". We are, after all, parts of Him.

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement