Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » The DaVinci Code

Author Topic: The DaVinci Code
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
There is a new book titled Counterfeit Code, written by Christian author James A. Beverly exposing the heresies in the DaVinci Code. I would love the chance to read it.

I haven't seen this one yet. There are a lot of them out these days.

It seems like there are two approaches to books refuting the DaVinci Code. There are those that focus on how the book differs from the bible, and those that focus on Brown's faulty history.

I think the best book should include both. My family (not Christian) loves this book and are now sucked into reading some of his others. If I were to tell them all the ways that the book doesn't line up with scripture it wouldn't mean a hill of beans to them. They'd expect that from me and they wouldn't care. Afterall, they don't believe the bible either. Refuting the historical faults however, would at least cause them to question Brown, which would be a good thing.

My mother-in-law gave me one that she read. I think it's the best that I've seen so far. It gets straight to the point and is fairly small (about 75 pages), so not too overwhelming. It also goes point by point via quotes from the book including page numbers, so it's very easy to follow and digest; for believer and non-believers alike.

It's by Richard Abanes and is titled "The Truth Behind the DaVinci Code".

I'm going to take it to my mother. Whether she'll read it or not is another story. She likes to steer clear of things that she thinks might rock her "safe little world", especially if it might lead her towards the bible. Heaven forbid! She thinks the DaVinci Code is great, so she won't want to read anything that might be negative towards it. Typical way for a secular mind to think.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a new book titled Counterfeit Code, written by Christian author James A. Beverly exposing the heresies in the DaVinci Code. I would love the chance to read it.

"Counterfeit Code
by James A. Beverley, Ph.D.
Dan Brown's novel The Da Vinci Code has sold over 25 million copies and been translated into 40 languages. The book attacks the central teachings of the Gospel. The Da Vinci Code needs to be disarmed . . . and you can help.

Your friends and neighbors and family members are being led astray by Dan Brown's theories. They are being misled about the true Christ and historic Gospel. The fantasies, mistakes and misinterpretations of The Da Vinci Code are confusing millions of people - and they need to know the truth. The novel teaches:

-Jesus was not divine
-Jesus and Mary Magdalene were lovers
-Christianity was originally a sex cult
-The Bible is unreliable
-Constantine invented the Trinity
-Witchcraft and paganism represent the true Gospel
-An ancient secret society once led by Leonardo Da Vinci protected all these ideas

Know the real history. Discover the blunders of The Da Vinci Code.
See for yourself how The Da Vinci Code cashes in on ignorance and gullibility. Pass on to others the truth about the claims that have so many people wondering about their faith in the Bible and Jesus Christ.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement