Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Apostacy - The Great Falling Away

Author Topic: Apostacy - The Great Falling Away
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have teachers in Seminary Schools who do not believe the Bible should be taken literally. We have Preachers in the pulpit who believes the same.
We have teachers in the Seminary Schools who teach that God never condemned same sex unions and we have preachers who done the same from their pulpit. We have preachers that are preaching Universal salvation all over the world and yet people still wonder aloud what is happening to the world.

So sad to see America and the World headed for the biggest spanking ever by God.

betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"ENEMIES OF THE CROSS"

“Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. (For MANY walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the ENEMIES OF THE CROSS of Christ:

Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.) For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ:

Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself. (Phil 3:17-21)

Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved. I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord. And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life. Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice. Let your moderation be known unto all men. THE LORD IS AT HAND.” (Phil 4:1-5)

Who are the “Enemies of the Cross”? Most believers would consider an enemy as being one “outside” of the church, who vehemently denies Christ and the word of God as being infallible and of truth!

One who speaks against the things of God denying his very existence.

However, an enemy is not always seen by the naked eye, nor heard with the physical ear, for it is easier to identify one who exposes himself as such than to identify the one who’s wearing the mask.

For this, one must see with the spiritual eye, and hear with the spiritual ear. For although there are MANY “outside” of the Church whom we all recognize as being “Enemies of the Cross” for they wear no disguise and declare themselves as such, MUCH MORE are they “inside” the Church hidden carefully amongst the members, blending well and yet all the while wearing the mask of deceit and deception. If you are not careful, if you walk NOT in the Spirit, if you choose to believe every spirit and not test the spirits to determine whether they be of God, then these “Enemies of the Cross” will enter in hardly noticed and soon the lies in their speech would begin to sound like truth to your ears.

Their behavior which may clearly be seen as “ungodly” by some, will soon become acceptable by many. The evil will give off the illusion of goodness, and the good will be declared evil.

Many follow unknowingly, “Enemies of the Cross”.

Through weeping, the Apostle Paul describes such as having a destructive end for they serve not the Lord, but their own “bellies” as they cleave and desire MORE the things of this world and teach others to do the same.

However, the very things they’ve placed such high emphasis on, those things which they cling to with great pride, will ultimately bring them shame and humiliation.

For the word declares that we are not to set our minds on earthly things that will eventually fade away, but set our minds on that which is eternal. Seeing as this world is NOT our home (although we are in it, we are NOT OF it) being that our citizenship is in Heaven, let our desires be not for the foolish and wicked things of this world, but let our desires be for Christ who will soon remove those who are READY out of this world.

The Lord IS at hand, and knowing this, let us begin and continue in living our lives that would be pleasing and acceptable to him.

Looking more towards serving rather than to be served, and seeking always in being DOERS of the word and not HEARERS only.

Paul urges the Church at Philippi to “follow his example”, for he not only preach the word, but LIVED by the word and to note those who also walked accordingly. For many can “preach” the Word, but how many truly LIVE the Word?

Focus not on the image, but note the walk of the man or woman. For an image may sometimes be delusional, things are not always as they “appear” to be.

Therefore, the TRUTH is found in the walk of the believer, NOT the speech, NOT the outward “image” of a Christian, but THE WALK! For an enemy of the cross, his or her walk will expose the truth of the heart, but to often many get caught up in his/her image whereby the walk goes unaware. For outwardly, he/she may appear to be holy, righteous and Godly but will his/her speech determine this?

Or, would it be determined through their walk, how they live their lives before God, and before man?

Note the upright, and follow their example for they themselves follow the example of Christ Jesus our Lord.

Beware of the “Enemies of The Cross of Christ”, and follow not after them.

Learn NOT their ways, but cling to that which you’ve learned and have trust from the beginning. For the word of God IS TRUTH, and ANYTHING or ANYONE (that declares his/herself a brother or sister) who shall speak and do opposite of what is written, and teach others to do the same, lives a lie and lives as an enemy of the Cross of Christ Jesus our Lord.

I love you all so very much. Have a blessed week in the Lord and remember: Whatever we do, do ALL for the GLORY of GOD, who ALONE is worthy of the GLORY and the PRAISE!

The Lord be with you this day and always! Shalom Uvracha (Peace and Blessings)……..

Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh,
Adonai Elohim Tzeva-ot
Asher Hayah Va-ho-veh VaY’vo

Holy, Holy, Holy
Lord God Almighty
Who was and is and is to come!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BA,

That was RUDE and beneath you. David allowed this new section and you are wrong to make a personal attack against Itty Bitty.
Itty Bitty does not have a Church and she is not getting rich off people.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Itty-Bitty Girl writes
quote:
From now on, addressing false teachers, I'm naming names...like Joyce Meyers, Ken Copeland, Paula White, John Hagee, Juanita Bynum, Creflo Dollar, Jesse Duplantis, T. D. Jakes...I'm not holding ANYTHING back, anymore... Perry Stone, Joel Osteen, Benny Hinn...and so many more!
Yeah...you might as well name the whole body of Christ; but be sure to mention your very own name last...maybe nobody will notice!

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Itty-Bitty Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it is good to see SoftTouch posting...Glory to God for working in Deb! [spiny]
Posts: 1051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you softtouch [hug] Always good to see you posting.
God bless you...

[dance]

--------------------
JAVA, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

Posts: 147 | From: Columbia South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Itty-Bitty Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From now on, addressing false teachers, I'm naming names...like Joyce Meyers, Ken Copeland, Paula White, John Hagee, Juanita Bynum, Creflo Dollar, Jesse Duplantis, T. D. Jakes...I'm not holding ANYTHING back, anymore... Perry Stone, Joel Osteen, Benny Hinn...and so many more!
Posts: 1051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm reposting this here because someone in the Bible Topics section asked what the falling away was. I hope this can be of help in answering.

Apostasy Now – The Great Falling Away

2 Thessalonians 2:2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

I believe we are seeing the Great Falling Away, but not the way most have expected it to happen.

A lot of people have expected that people will be leaving the Church. What I see happening is that people are leaving the Truth of Scripture and heaping unto themselves teachers to scratch their itchy ears... Therefore Falling Away from Sound Doctrine.

Jesus dealt with heretics harshly, publicly and immediately, as did Paul and the other disciples. And, keep in mind; we’re talking New Testament here friends. In the Old Testament, false prophets were simply taken out and stoned to death for their lies. That’s how serious God is about His Word being rightly divided and properly proclaimed. Jesus and the Apostles are Our Example. They Named Names.

Jesus didn’t rebuke the Scribes and Pharisees privately, HE condemned their blasphemy before one and all and repeatedly warned His disciples about their leaven. The Apostles warned of specific people by name as well. (2 Timothy 4:10; 2 Timothy 4:14-15; 1 Timothy 1:18-20; 2 Timothy 2:16-18; 3 John 1:9-11; Jude 1:11; 2 Peter 2:15 – and there are numerous accounts in the OT as well.)

Should we ‘name names?’ "Yes, it is right to expose error and to name those “...who privily shall bring in damnable heresies...” (2 Peter 2:1). The whole Bible abounds in examples. It is right to “...earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints” (Jude 3). It was once delivered, and it has never been rescinded, repealed, or deleted! Ministers of the Gospel have been charged with a sacred trust to present the Word of God with courage, honesty, and a good conscience. Faithful messengers will warn the sheep of these heretics and identify them by name. It is not enough to broadly hint of their identity, for the young lambs will not understand and will be destroyed by the wolves!" (Note: I am quoting something from another post from 2004 here. This isn't mine)

Here are some examples of what I’m talking about. I’m only going to deal with the WOF movement in this post. There are Many, Many more strands of this Web of Deception that is catching so many believers in it’s snare. It’s absolutely HUGE. Some of the other ‘strands’ include: Freemasonry, New Age Teaching, Manifest Sons of God doctrine, Third Wave movement, Latter Rain movement, Vineyard Movement, Purpose Driven ‘everything’ Movement, Roman Catholicism, the Ecumenical Movement (headed by Rome), and even mainline denominations and Evangelicals. I urge everyone to investigate these things for themselves. Find out what their teachings are and then hold them up to the Straight and True Teaching of The Bible (which is the Very Word of God – God Breathed).

The following quotes are representative of New Age/Freemason teachings that have been adopted by WOF teachers by the twisting of Scripture:

Benny Hinn: "When you say, 'I am a Christian, you are saying, 'I am mashiach' in the Hebrew. I am a little messiah walking on earth, in other words That is a shocking revelation.... May I say it like this? You are a little god on earth running around." ("Praise-a-Thon" program on TBN [6 November 1990].)

Kenneth Copeland : "Adam was made in the image of God. He was as much female as he was male. He was exactly like God. Then God separated him and removed the female part. Woman means 'man with the womb.' Eve had as much authority as Adam did as long as they stayed together." (Sensitivity of Heart [Fort Worth, TX: KCP Publications, 1984], 23.)

Rory Alec : "This represents the fact that Jesus, when you partake of this, this represents that his blood has wash you clean of all sin. And therefore you are gods you have been purchased by the blood of Jesus." (The Christian Channel Europe "Good Morning Europe" Date Unknown)

We will not attain “Perfection” until we receive our Glorified Bodies at the Resurrection/Rapture… and even then, we will Not Be gods. This is what the verse about “the corruptible (our bodies) can not enter Heaven” is talking about.

1 Corinthians 15: 51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53For this corruptible (our bodies) must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

New Age and Freemasons believe that all humans have a “divine spark” and are therefore little gods on Earth. I see their teachings creeping into many different churches and it really concerns me. I see this as leading the masses into the one world religion. I’m only dealing with the WOF teachers here in this post, but there are many other ‘divisions’ which are all starting to come under the Ecumenical umbrella of Rome as well.

In this next section of quotes, I have to ask… ”May the FORCE be with you?:

Fred Price : "If you keep talking death, that is what you are going to have. If you keep talking sickness and disease, that is what you are going to have, because you are going to create the reality of them with your own mouth. That is a divine law." (Fred Price, Realm, 29).

Kenneth Copeland: "Faith is a power force. It is a tangible force. It is a conductive force." (The Force of Faith [Fort Worth, TX: KCP Publications, 1989], 10.)

Kenneth Copeland : "What you are saying is exactly what you are getting now. If you are living in poverty and lack and want, change what you are saying.... The powerful force of the spiritual world that creates the circumstances around us is controlled by the words of the mouth." (The Laws of Prosperity, Kenneth Copeland, Ft. Worth: Kenneth Copeland Publications, 1974).

New Agers, Wiccans, and Freemasons also believe that they can ‘create’ what ‘they speak’ and that the ‘spiritual forces’ must obey the ‘spiritual law.’

Frederick K.C. Price : "When I first got saved they didn't tell me 1 could do anything. What they told me to do was that whenever I prayed I should always say, 'The will of the Lord be done.' Now, doesn't that sound humble? It does. Sounds like humility, it's really stupidity. 1 mean, you know, really, we insult God. 1 mean, we really do insult our Heavenly Father. We do; we really insult Him without even realizing it. If you have to say, 'If it be thy will' or 'Thy will be done'--if you have to say that, then you're calling God a fool because He's the One that told us to ask. . . . If God's gonna give me what He wants me to have, then it doesn't matter what 1 ask. I'm only gonna get what God wants me to have. So that's an insult to God's intelligence." ("Ever Increasing Faith" program on TBN [16 November 1990].)

Kenneth Copeland: "As a believer, you have a right to make commands in the name of Jesus. Each time you stand on the Word, you are commanding God to a certain extent because it is His Word." (Our Covenant with God [Fort Worth, TX: KCP Publications, 1987], 32.)

Almighty God operates in HIS WILL, and if we ask in Jesus’ name and in accordance with HIS WILL, He will grant it. Jesus himself taught us to Pray: Thy Will Be Done ( Matthew 6:9-13 ). I don’t believe it is HIS WILL that these preachers live in Mansions paid for by the ‘faith seeds’ of the poor and widows. I believe the Bible refers to this as “Fleecing the Flock,” and there are Many Bible verses that speak judgment against any “Shepard” who would do this.

Here is evidence of False Prophecies:

Benny Hinn: The Holy Spirit has spoken, He told me He is about to show up. Oh, I gotta tell you this just before we go. I had a word of prophecy from Ruth Heflin, you know who Ruth Heflin is? Ruth prophesied over me back in the seventies. Everything she said has happened. She just sent me a word through my wife and said: The Lord spoke to her audibly and said, That He is going to appear physically in one of our crusades in the next few months. Yeah, She... I’m telling ya,.. she said, the Lord spoke to her audibly and said, tell Benny I’m going to appear physically on the platform in his meetings. Lord, do it in Phenox Arizona in the name of Jesus! And in Kenya too, Lord, please, Lord, in fact, do it in every crusade. In Jesus’ name." ("This is Your Day" - Television broadcast, 03-29-00 From 700 Club Studios, Virginia Beach, Va).

Matthew 24: 4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Matthew 24: 23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25Behold, I have told you before. 26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Benny Hinn: "Now I am going to read one scripture and then I am going to preach and the Devil is going to drop dead." (The Christian Channel Europe "Praise The Lord" (TBN) 22/2/98)

The Bible says (In Revelation) that the Devil, the False Prophet, and the Anti-Christ will be thrown in to the Lake of Fire to suffer Torment for all Eternity.

Just Plain OUT THERE False Teaching:

Frederick K.C. Price: "Do you think that the punishment for our sin was to die on a cross? If that were the case, the two thieves could have paid your price. No, the punishment was to go into hell itself and to serve time in hell separated from God. . . . Satan and all the demons of hell thought that they had Him bound. And they threw a net over Jesus and they dragged Him down to the very pit of hell itself to serve our sentence." (Ever Increasing Faith Messenger [June 1980], 7; quoted in D.R. McConnell, A Different Gospel [Peabody, MA: Hendrickson Publishers, 1988], 120.)

John 1: 29The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Luke 23: 42And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Kenneth Copeland: "God had no avenue of lasting faith or moving in the earth. He had to have covenant with somebody. . . . He had to be invited in, in other words, or He couldn't come. God is on the outside looking in. In order to have any say so in the earth, He's gonna have to be in agreement with a man here." ("God's Covenants With Man II" [Fort Worth, TX: Kenneth Copeland Ministries, 1985], audiotape #01-4404, side 1.)

Kenneth Copeland: "I was shocked when I found out who the biggest failure in the Bible actually is....The biggest one is God....I mean, He lost His top-ranking, most anointed angel; the first man He ever created; the first woman He ever created; the whole earth and all the Fullness therein; a third of the angels, at least--that's a big loss, man. . . . Now, the reason you don't think of God as a failure is He never said He's a failure. And you're not a failure till you say you're one." ("Praise-a-Thon" program on TBN [April 1988].)

Kenneth Copeland: "So before Jesus came to the earth, God spoke His Word and then spoke His Word again. How many times did He say the Messiah was coming? It was prophesied over hundreds, even thousands, of years. He kept saying, 'He is coming. He is coming.' The circumstances in the earth made it look as if there was no way He could accomplish it; but He just kept saying it. He would not be moved by what He saw. . . .God would not relent." (Ibid., 9-10.)

Kenneth Copeland (through whom Jesus allegedly delivered the following prophecy): "They crucified Me [Jesus] for claiming that I was God. But I didn't claim I was God; I just claimed I walked with Him [the Father] and that He was in Me." ("Take Time to Pray," Believer's Voice of Victory 15, 2 [February 1987]:9.)

John 1: In the Beginning Was The Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

E.W. Kenyon : "Jesus was conceived without sin. His body was not mortal. His body did not become mortal until the Father laid our sin nature upon Him when He hung on the cross. The moment that He became sin, His body became mortal, only then could He die. When this happened. spiritual death, the nature of Satan, took possession of His Spirit....He was to partake of Spiritual Death, the nature of the Adversary. . . .Jesus knew that the moment had come, and He was to he made Sin. He must partake of that dread nature of the Adversary. His body would become mortal. Satan would become His master. . . . He [Jesus] had been lifted up as a serpent. Serpent is Satan. Jesus knew He was going to be lifted up, united with the Adversary." (What Happened from the Cross to the Throne [Lynnwood, WA: Kenyon's Gospel Publishing Society, 1969], 20, 33, 44-45.)

Copeland and Hinn also teach that Jesus went to Hell and was tormented by Satan and demons. Others may as well, I do not know, but the Bible does not say this. They even teach that Jesus was “Born Again” in Hell!

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit,

Kenneth Copeland: "You don't think earth was first, do you? Huh? Well, you don't think that God made man in His image, and then made earth in some other image? There is not anything under this whole sun that's new. Are you hearing what I'm saying? This is all a copy. It's a copy of home. It's a copy of the Mother Planet. Where God lives, He made a little one just like His and put us on it." ("Following the Faith of Abraham I" [Fort Worth, TX: Kenneth Copeland Ministries, 1989], audiotape #01-3001, side 1.)

Benny Hinn: "Adam was a super-being when God created him. I don't know whether people know this, but he was the first superman that really ever lived. First of all, the Scriptures declare clearly that he had dominion over the fowls of the air, the fish of the sea--which means he used to fly. Of course, how can he have dominion over the birds and not be able to do what they do? The word 'dominion' in the Hebrew clearly declares that if you have dominion over a subject, that you do everything that subject does. In other words, that subject, if it does something you cannot do, you don't have dominion over it. 1'11 prove it further. Adam not only flew, he flew to space. He was--with one thought he would be on the moon." ("Praise the Lord" program on TBN [26 December 1991].)

John Avanzini: "Jesus had a nice house, a big house--big enough to have company stay the night with Him at the house. Let me show you His house. Go over to John the first chapter and I'II show you His house. . . . Now, child of God, that's a house big enough to have company stay the night in. There's His house." ("Believer's Voice of Victory" program on TBN [20 January 1991].)

John Avanzini: "Jesus was handling big money because that treasurer He had was a thief. Now you can't tell me that a ministry with a treasurer that's a thief can operate on a few pennies. It took big money to operate that ministry because Judas was stealing out of that bag." ("Praise the Lord" program on TBN [15 September 1988].)

John Avanzini: "John 19 tells us that Jesus wore designer clothes. Well, what else you gonna call it? Designer clothes--that's blasphemy. No, that's what we call them today. I mean, you didn't get the stuff He wore off the rack. It wasn't a one-size-fits-all deal. No, this was custom stuff. It was the kind of a garment that kings and rich merchants wore. Kings and rich merchants wore that garment." "Believer's Voice of Victory" program on TBN [20 January 1991].)

Benny Hinn: "Christians are "Little Messiah's and "little gods" on the earth. Thus [Encouraging the audience]...say "I am a God-man....This spirit-man within me is a God-man..." say "I'm born of heaven-a God-man. I'm a God man. I am a sample of Jesus. I'm a super being. Say it! Say it! Who's a super being? "I walk in the realm of the supernatural." Say it!...You want to prosper? Money will be falling on you from left, right and centre. God will begin to prosper you, for money always follows righteousness....Say after me, "everything I ever want is in me already." (Benny Hinn, TBN, 1990)

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. 18For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Curse thy enemy? Benny Hinn:

"Those that put us down are a bunch of morons" (Praise-a-Thon, TBN, November 1990);

"Somebody's attacking me because of something I'm teaching. Let me tell you something, brother: You watch it! ...You know, I've looked for one verse in the Bible; I just can't seem to find it. Once verse that said, 'If you don't like them, kill them.' I really wish I could find it! ...You stink frankly- that's the way I think about it! ...Sometimes I wish God will give me a Holy Ghost machine gun; I'll blow your head off" (Praise-a-Thon, TBN, 8th November 1990);

"The Holy Ghost is upon me....The day is coming when those that attack us will drop down dead....Don't touch God's servants; it's deadly....Woe to you that touch God's servants. You're going to pay" (Miracle Invasion Rally, 22nd Nov '91).

"Now I'm pointing my finger with the mighty power of God on me….You hear this: There are men and women in Southern California attacking me. I will tell you under the anointing now, you'll reap it in your children unless you stop….And your children will suffer. You're attacking me on the radio every night- you'll pay and your children will. Hear this from the lips of God's servant. You are in danger. Repent! Or God Almighty will move His hand. Touch not my Anointed…." (World Charismatic Conference, 7th August 1992.);

"You have attacked me, your children will pay for it." (TBN, October 23rd, 1992.)

"That got me so angry- if I could have killed him, I would have" (Orlando Christian Centre, Aug 12th 1992).

Is anyone else seeing this?

A few Scripture to remember when considering the teachings of these folks:

1 Timothy 4: 16Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Matthew 15:8This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Isaiah 29:13Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: 14Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

2 John 1: 9Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. 10If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: 11For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Galatians 1: 6I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

2 Peter 2:1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 3And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Anyone else here feel like ‘merchandise’ sometimes? With all the so-called ‘Christian’ reading materials, instructional books, and false translations of the Bible; All the movies and CDs, etc. etc… A few names definitely come to mind when I read that passage…

Some would say that we should not speak out on these teachers because “Christ is preached.” But even if Christ is preached (regardless of who’s preaching or what their intentions are) we are Still admonished to keep our Doctrine Pure and Mark those who teach Contrary to the Faith Delivered to us by the Apostles.

The Word-Faith movement is far more dangerous than any of the cults because they have infiltrated the church and leave the distinct impression with the secular world that their brand of "Christianity" truly represents Christianity.1 In truth, it represents the worst teachings ever to go under the name "Christian. This is a Prime example of the Scripture: 2 Peter 2:2And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

Jude 1:2Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied. 3Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. 4For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement