Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Political Discussion   » Picture this!

Author Topic: Picture this!
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keeping it simple, Obama has proclaimed that he will raise taxes on those whose income is above $250.00. You may be going, “I don’t like it, but thank God it is not on me!” So now he has your attention diverted, and you are so glad that he is not raising taxes on you. That sounds like a pretty good deal. It sounds like he is ‘for you’. That is how he wants it to sound. At the same time Obama has signed into existence a stimulus bill. It is ‘for’ - you, you are thrilled to believe. You may be thinking, “Great! This is better than trickle down. I will be getting something out of this.”

So now you are excited on two points. He is not going to raise taxes on the poor. And he is going to provide something for the poor and middle class, even you (like healthcare or something). So it entirely escapes you that you are sidetracked with his cunning slight of hand. He is saying, and you are observing that you are not going to have taxes raised on you, and happy are you because it sounds like he is for you. However you are oblivious at the fact that the stimulus ‘gets you in the proverbial back door:’ Because, you are paying for the stimulus. So your taxes have not only been raised, they have been increased to a level greater than what our forefathers had while still in England. If that is not a step backwards, it is even a blast from the past; and not a good one. It is worse than if someone from the future was sent to get John Conner! And this machine will consume and spit out all which it has made slaves of, drawing them deeper in.

This is the deception which the Obama policies are rife with. And this is only one example of hundreds. And what is so wrong with this scenario? Who will pay for it? You have now already, and not later, been made slaves. You are made slaves to the state even as we speak. That implies in the strongest of terms, loss of freedoms. And it is binding. Moreover, it causes the American Dream to vanish into drudgery. Leisure will slowly go away. The ability to maneuver, grow and prosper will fade. Why? For one, your income earning ability has already been limited. After all, the more you make, now more than ever, the more you will give up of what you make. Does that not limit growth? It does limit personal growth. So corporately, it limits national growth. It limits your ability to realize your dreams. Now you might as well stay home. And who knows, maybe you will soon no longer be able to build your monster truck, or lowrider, or kit plane, mountain or beach condo, or whatever. Maybe you will still get to have a garden. You are going to need it, or a basketball court.

As for me, some say I am an alarmist. But what do I care? Obama’s policies will not affect me very much. I am as poor as dirt: by choice. But it will affect you, will it not? What do you think? Can someone not draw a picture of what life will be like in five years?[/color]B)

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement