Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Political Discussion   » Wakeup call: another tidbit!

Author Topic: Wakeup call: another tidbit!
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is the “Rules for Radicals,” cookbook which we need to counter if we would reverse the harm of an Obama presidency. And we ‘must’ comprehend the weapon formed against us in order to succeed. We must! So I am starting with a phenomena I have seen on the face of the Obama supporters recently, to illustrate Alinsky‘s “Rules for Radicals,” subtleness of conquest. It is the Saul Alinsky smile. Have you seen it lately? It is all around like never before. It is by design. Literally! The smile disarms people, for it makes it hard for them to react negatively. For if one does, he looks like the bad guy. Who wants to be nasty to someone smiling like that. (I don't care how strange this is to concentrate on.) That is why I say it is by design, and it is understood by those who wear it, what effect it has. It is deliberate. And the only appropriate thing one can do in response is to return the smile. Truly! But the Saul Alinsky smile is designed to lull you into a sense of well being, when things really are not. It is a community organizing tactic, no less, which is understood by ‘the’ community it serves. It disarms the opposition. That is what is needed in order to accomplish the goal. For opposition must be disarmed from pointing out things.

While I initially thought of the smile as coming from a sense of validation, and pride, from a group of people who were finally coming into their own, something was nagging about it. Something seemed disingenuous. For it is actually more sinister than that. It is, if compared, like a political correctness tactic which defeats vocalized opposition coming from another in the form of negative comments, i.e. from the disagreeable, wherein the one can not make a challenging or dissenting comment without it being labeled as racism: even if it is not! The aim is clear here however. It is to intimidate people into silence, counting upon them to do the politically correct, and compassionate thing and be nice back. It is a way to cut off any animosity because any unpleasantness can instantly be tagged as ‘hatred’. It is quite a ploy. And this is Alinsky‘s wisdom. It is a “Rule for Radicals #6, below.”

It tames the beast, while a pickpocket continues to operate. You may get a pleasant, “How do you do today?” But think about it, where has this smile been for the past hundred years? If it had been there instead of the moaning, groaning and complaining, feet dragging and finger pointing and accusing others of cheating them, will we not have had a warming of relations unparalleled? But others coming here from abroad thrived in this country with less. But history records that no advance was good enough for this particular group of people though. Freedom, voting rights, education, stardom; after all of these, plus the promise of growing into a better life as time went on, these should have netted it like anyone else. They got breaks. They got them bigtime.

But where was the smile all along? Instead they listened to wrong leaders who mislead them into thinking that they had it bad, who stirred them up against the likes of me (and I have done no wrong), taking no blame on themselves. But starting even before the election it was like Chinese “Year of the Dragon,” the hour of conquest where they finally 'get even', and now we get a pleasant smile. It is sinister. They do not want to play on the team. They want to beat it to death, and remove it out of the way.

How would you feel if you knew that you had been ‘played’ - betrayed, but you didn’t see it until after you had lost your wallet. For all you could concentrate on was the distracting smile. This is the Obama presidency.

In fact, to help understand the Alinsky perspective of the smile, one of the things that became clear in the campaign and which helped make the campaign successful for Obama, was that opposing people were challenged such that they could not say certain things, or even disagree; for to do so meant that they were racists! It was a really cheap shot by extremely immature people. So, in similar manner the smile is by design. It’s goal is to usurp the opposition of any sense of urgency by appealing to the political correctness which people have succumbed to. It is paramount therefore, that this be recognized for what it is, and intelligently countered in a kindly way. It is so subtle. And no! These people hate you. The only reason they would smile is that they have something over on you. To top it off, they don’t want to smile. They think you are bad, even if you are not. It is a breakdown in communications. There is however no reason for them to think that. I am for good relations. But they have blown it with this move. We cannot go ‘that way’. It is prohibited. It is fatal. I am sorry to have to call it what it is. However I have to stand up for what is right for all of us.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement