Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Political Discussion   » People of faith for Obama

Author Topic: People of faith for Obama
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another thought dominates my thinking on this also. I am soap boxing myself when I say the following:

Our fight is not wrestling with flesh and blood but our battle is won on our knees as we humble ourselves before a Holy God. He is well informed of this nations condition and has held back judgment thus far.

We have a responsibility to be representations of Christ in our world remembering that we were once lost sinners in great need of grace and saving.

It's true that they openly display their sinfulness and it is flung in our midst on a daily basis. But keep in mind that God will judge all in it's time as we work out our own salvation with fear and trembling in the mean time.

Our freedom is found in Christ and we are strangers in this world-- We are just passing through here.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I am gonna seek God's face and hope and pray that He revives this nation. As long as the sun comes up in the morning and we haven't been blown off the map yet...there is still hope right? [Smile]

Our Founding Fathers built this nation on God's word, fasting, prayer, blood sweat & tears in hope of a land that would honor God and bless their children's children. They had their opposition and now it looks like we have ours.

This nation seems to be divided right down the center with the root of the division clearly revealing a decline in morale and God fearing men and women.

BUT

I still believe in one nation under God, In God I still trust. I still believe God is able to turn anything around. In my heart that honors my Founding Fathers and my Heavenly Father too.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Found In Him, you have a good message. But on this comment:

quote:
We live in a good nation-- far better than many. I thank God for it.

I have to say that we had a good nation. At least, it is about to become past tense. But people don't get it. And that is why it is about to be 'a good nation' past tense, because people are not protective of what they have anymore. They take for granted what we have, not realizing that nothing is forever. You know, if those people in Pompei had known that a volcanoe was going to erupt and bury them all, they would have repented, or moved, or something. But they thought tomorrow would always come.
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a few weeks ago gays tried to start a riot in a Church. With the fairness act being held over our head, it is only a matter of time, when reading parts of the Bible in public will be a crime.
American is in danger of no longer being a free Country.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

I'm not wild about our current economic, moral, social or political condition in America or in the entire world right now myself. But our Lord did say that in the last days that we would see trouble and perilous times...that's the world that we live in and we can't control it or mens ways.

We have a voice and even if it's greatly become the minority-- it's not unheard altogether! God still listens and answers the prayers of His people.

We can be free no matter where we live or in any condition.

Consider Daniel in his day-- an exile that became the "property" of ungodly Kings. Daniel kept his integrity and moral character in life or death situations and changed his world! No matter what comes our way, God has made us to be overcomers and "Free" wherever He plants us.

We live in a good nation-- far better than many. I thank God for it.

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is at stake here is our freedom. If you think it does not matter, wait till you lose it. We are fortunate to live in a country where we get to choose. We have now severely threatened that freedom with an uninformed choice, by an uneducated people. For communism breeds in the minds of the ignorant! And freedom doesn' mean so much to those who do not 'benefit' from it. And they would overthrow it. But those who think they don't, really do. That is a part of the problem.

Our government is not of heaven, but it is a gift among nations, here on earth. One must direct it as best as able. That means not to destroy it with what is obviously opposed to what we represent.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

I long for the day when Christ Himself will be The One and ONLY Ruler upon The face of this Earth... When He alone will rule and reign from His Throne in His Millennial Reign!

What a day! He and His Reign is coming soon!

[Smile]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Listen to the audio that David put under Noah.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Found in Him:
Prayer
for those in Authority

1. Pray that they may be saved if they are not.

"Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth" (I Timothy 2:4).

2. Pray that the leaders come to a knowledge of the Truth.

"Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth" (I Timothy 2:4).

3. Pray that they acknowledge, honor, and praise God who is the sovereign ruler of heaven and earth.

"And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation" (Daniel 4:34).

4. Pray that they, themselves, rule by example.

"Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock" (I Peter 5:3).

5. Pray that they have and demonstrate the wisdom of God

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him" (James 1:5).

6. Pray that they grow in grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ.

"But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen" (II Peter 3:18).

7. Pray that they be filled with and and walk in the Spirit of God.

"If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit" (Galatians 5:25).

8. Pray that they have the freedom to boldly share the Word.

"And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel" (Ephesians 6:19).

9. Pray that they minister by the grace of God given to them.

"Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith" (Romans 12:6).

10. Pray that they shepherd the flock willingly and with a ready mind.

"Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind" (I Peter 5:2).

11. Pray they are diligent in the Word and properly interpret and apply it.

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" (II Timothy 2:15).

12. Pray that they rule well their own house.

"One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) (I Timothy 3:4-5).

13. Pray that they speak the Word with power.

"And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power" (I Corinthians 2:4).

14. Pray that they will do the work of evangelists (heralding the truth).

"But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry" (II Timothy 4:5).

15. Pray that they will labor with other laborers in the Lord.

"For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon" (I Corinthians 3:9-10).

16. Pray that God will richly prosper their work.

"And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work" (II Corinthians 9:8).

17. Pray that they will have a revelation of their inheritance in Christ

"To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me" (Acts 26:18).

18. Pray that they will fully know the love of Christ

"And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God" (Ephesians 3:19).

19. Pray that they will preach the unsearchable riches of Christ.

"Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8).

20. Pray that there will a unity of the Spirit among those in authority.

"Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all" (Ephesians 4:3-6).

21. Pray that the leaders humbly submit themselves to God.

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" (James 4:7).

22. Pray that they will resist the devil as directed by God.

"Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world" (I Peter 5:9).

23. Pray that the trials of their faith will produce patience and maturity.

"James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting. My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have [her] perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. (James 1:1-4).

24. Pray that they will affirm continually the mercy and grace of God.

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men" (Titus 3:5-8).

25. Pray that they will also seek wise counsel.

"For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors there is safety" (Proverbs 24:6).

26. Pray that God's will be done in their lives and our lives.

"After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen" (Matthew 6: 9-13).

"IF my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven,
and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land"
(II Chronicles 7:14).

VERY good prayer.

I would add that Messiah's sheep be not deceived by our political leaders of whichever party.

I would also add to pray that Messiah's sheep not put hope in our political system and leaders, and that they don't seek/advocate political solutions to this countries issues.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
I have prayed for Obama but I will not put a Obama sticker on my car. We can pray for our leaders without being a cheerleader for them.
betty

AGREED

If you would only follow your own words and stop being a cheerleader/apologist for Bush and the republicans - as they are NO better than their counterparts.

I don't accept the "lesser of 2 evils" position because you are still standing for and supporting evil.

Bush - Obama
Democrat or republican
Different dots on the same dice, which are held and rolled by the prince of this world.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I have prayed for Obama but I will not put a Obama sticker on my car. We can pray for our leaders without being a cheerleader for them.
betty

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Prayer
for those in Authority

1. Pray that they may be saved if they are not.

2. Pray that the leaders come to a knowledge of the Truth.

3. Pray that they acknowledge, honor, and praise God who is the sovereign ruler of heaven and earth.

"And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation" (Daniel 4:34).

4. Pray that they, themselves, rule by example.

"Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock" (I Peter 5:3).

5. Pray that they have and demonstrate the wisdom of God

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him" (James 1:5).

6. Pray that they grow in grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ.

"But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen" (II Peter 3:18).

7. Pray that they be filled with and and walk in the Spirit of God.

"If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit" (Galatians 5:25).

8. Pray that they have the freedom to boldly share the Word.

"And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel" (Ephesians 6:19).

9. Pray that they minister by the grace of God given to them.

"Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith" (Romans 12:6).

10. Pray that they shepherd the flock willingly and with a ready mind.

"Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind" (I Peter 5:2).

11. Pray they are diligent in the Word and properly interpret and apply it.

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" (II Timothy 2:15).

12. Pray that they rule well their own house.

"One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) (I Timothy 3:4-5).

13. Pray that they speak the Word with power.

"And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power" (I Corinthians 2:4).

14. Pray that they will do the work of evangelists (heralding the truth).

"But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry" (II Timothy 4:5).

15. Pray that they will labor with other laborers in the Lord.

"For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon" (I Corinthians 3:9-10).

16. Pray that God will richly prosper their work.

"And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work" (II Corinthians 9:8).

17. Pray that they will have a revelation of their inheritance in Christ

"To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me" (Acts 26:18).

18. Pray that they will fully know the love of Christ

"And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God" (Ephesians 3:19).

19. Pray that they will preach the unsearchable riches of Christ.

"Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8).

20. Pray that there will a unity of the Spirit among those in authority.

"Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all" (Ephesians 4:3-6).

21. Pray that the leaders humbly submit themselves to God.

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" (James 4:7).

22. Pray that they will resist the devil as directed by God.

"Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world" (I Peter 5:9).

23. Pray that the trials of their faith will produce patience and maturity.

"James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting. My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have [her] perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. (James 1:1-4).

24. Pray that they will affirm continually the mercy and grace of God.

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men" (Titus 3:5-8).

25. Pray that they will also seek wise counsel.

"For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors there is safety" (Proverbs 24:6).

26. Pray that God's will be done in their lives and our lives.

"After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen" (Matthew 6: 9-13).

"IF my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven,
and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land"
(II Chronicles 7:14).

--------------------

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

quote:
Originally posted by Found in Him:
Hello I'm a newbie here on this site.

I just wanted to say that I sure am glad that I am not Mr. Obama or Mr. Bush to have such things said about me [Frown]

I may not have voted for Mr. Obama but according to the Bible I am to respect his authority and pray for him.

No I don't agree with Obama's liberal views Either but he must stand before Christ for himself and give an account for all deeds done while upon the Earth.

I say that we pray for both of them today as they need our prayers.

"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions,
and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
For kings, and for all that are in authority;
that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour"
(I Timothy 2:1-3).

Liberal or conservative is not the issue
Republican or democrat is not the issue

Those are just camps of men in satan's system.

ALL that matters is if they Yada (to KNOW in a relational way) Yahweh and are led by His Spirit.

Both Obama and Bush - by their own statements of theology and actions - deny Scripture and show they are not of Messiah's flock.

Is one "more evil" than the other?

Well, is a thief more sinful than an liar?

Are 2 homosexuals more wrong than an unmarried couple who have sex?

To many people who proclaim to be of Messiah, by their own talk, seem to place more importance on political stance than on Yada Yahweh.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Hello I'm a newbie here on this site.

I just wanted to say that I sure am glad that I am not Mr. Obama or Mr. Bush to have such things said about me [Frown]

I may not have voted for Mr. Obama but according to the Bible I am to respect his authority and pray for him.

No I don't agree with Obama's liberal views Either but he must stand before Christ for himself and give an account for all deeds done while upon the Earth.

I say that we pray for both of them today as they need our prayers.

"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions,
and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
For kings, and for all that are in authority;
that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour"
(I Timothy 2:1-3).

--------------------

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

quote:
How many times have I gave money to some one to have abortion? When have I told Israel that She must divide Jerusalem? When have I been for marriage between man and man?

betty

Good works are MEANINGLESS if they are NOT of Yahweh

And in case you are sooo blinded about Bush, he sought to divide Jerusalem - EVIL!

He was the 1st President to celebrate muslim holy days in the White House - EVIL!
quote:
Obama is for everything that is an abomination to God.
SAME is true about Bush, as he has a false faith, so thus everything he does is NOT of Yahweh.

quote:
Christians who are for Obama have closed their minds to the truth.
The SAME is true about those who were for Bush - Bush was a puppet of satan
Talk about the blind leading the blind - BOTH end up in a pit.

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

How many times have I gave money to some one to have abortion? When have I told Israel that She must divide Jerusalem? When have I been for marriage between man and man?
Obama is for everything that is an abomination to God.
betty

Christians who are for Obama have closed their minds to the truth.

--------------------

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

quote:
I agree Michael with you. Obama is far murder of innocent blood. I am so sick of people trashing President Bush. Was he perfect? Are we perfect?
of course not to both questions. Obama is going to destroy this Country. Obama is not satisfied with the killing of babies in our Country. He wants to fund abortion in other Countries.
betty

I'm sorry you are deceived about Bush, he's NOT a born-again follower of Messiah.
His evil actions bring judgment on America as much as Obama's will.

quote:
I am so sick of people trashing President Bush
Yet you will trash Obama - don't they have a term for that - criticizing people for what you yourself do?
Hypocrisy?

Bush is deceived and a deceiver, and those that side with him are deceived, he's a phony believer.
He works AGAINST Messiah and Yahweh's Kingdom.

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Harrison:
I marvel at those who condemn Bush, and it is not lost on me that others feel about me, the way I feel about those who voted for Obama. But the short answer here is very simple for both of us. It is a 'passage' of scripture:

• 2Ti 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs [politics] of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

But I have this consolation, that I will be proven correct, in comparison. For obama is muslim sympathetic. obama is communist sympathetic. And my scripture says that governments are for our protection. There is, my brother, no protection in communism, or muslim practices. These are dreadfully awful things as compared to the system of government we are blessed to share, which you do not comprehend, or appreciate. And it is now jepordized by the likes of you, who just don't get it!

But I know how painful it can be. I know how painful it can become. I have as much education as to be aware of it. Your kind will not know until it is too late, and all are suffering from the direst of situations. I have already learned of it. It has gone before.

obama, compared to Bush, is death compared to life. Who in their right mind would choose thusly? And there is not a lick of prejudice involved on my part, unless it is against foolishness. For the man who would sell the soul of a nation, who would melt his arms, and let the enemy keep his, is an idiot!

There are so many comparisons to be made it is tiring to consider. But let's take a couple. If you voted for obama, then you are directly, and personally guilty of slaughtering human lives. For obama is for abortion. Also, if you voted for obama, you have exalted the muslim faith, which longs only to cut your throat. At least the communist would save some people, and keep them unto slavery. When it comes to the presidency of the United States, obama is the direst of idiots. Bush will one day be looked upon as not so bad as people thought.

When comparing Bush to Obama - they are both in the same camp - false believers.

Bush is NOT a born-again believer so his works are MEANINGLESS.

It's NOT about being moral, if you think so you are greatly deceived, and are justifying mormons and jehova witnesses.

Which matters more - ones view on politics, or Yahweh's Kingdom.

It matters not one iota if Bush happens to do something "right" when he has NO relationship to The Almighty Creator - his righteousness is as filthy rags.

Bush and Obama have the SAME father and leader - satan, and they share the same judgment if they don't come to Yada Yahweh.

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I agree Michael with you. Obama is far murder of innocent blood. I am so sick of people trashing President Bush. Was he perfect? Are we perfect?
of course not to both questions. Obama is going to destroy this Country. Obama is not satisfied with the killing of babies in our Country. He wants to fund abortion in other Countries.
betty

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

I marvel at those who condemn Bush, and it is not lost on me that others feel about me, the way I feel about those who voted for Obama. But the short answer here is very simple for both of us. It is a 'passage' of scripture:

• 2Ti 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs [politics] of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

But I have this consolation, that I will be proven correct, in comparison. For obama is muslim sympathetic. obama is communist sympathetic. And my scripture says that governments are for our protection. There is, my brother, no protection in communism, or muslim practices. These are dreadfully awful things as compared to the system of government we are blessed to share, which you do not comprehend, or appreciate. And it is now jepordized by the likes of you, who just don't get it!

But I know how painful it can be. I know how painful it can become. I have as much education as to be aware of it. Your kind will not know until it is too late, and all are suffering from the direst of situations. I have already learned of it. It has gone before.

obama, compared to Bush, is death compared to life. Who in their right mind would choose thusly? And there is not a lick of prejudice involved on my part, unless it is against foolishness. For the man who would sell the soul of a nation, who would melt his arms, and let the enemy keep his, is an idiot!

There are so many comparisons to be made it is tiring to consider. But let's take a couple. If you voted for obama, then you are directly, and personally guilty of slaughtering human lives. For obama is for abortion. Also, if you voted for obama, you have exalted the muslim faith, which longs only to cut your throat. At least the communist would save some people, and keep them unto slavery. When it comes to the presidency of the United States, obama is the direst of idiots. Bush will one day be looked upon as not so bad as people thought.

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

The same could be said about those of "faith" that supported Bush as President:
He is no more a follower of Messiah than Obama is, he believes that muslims and buddists follow the same "God", he believes the koran is a holy book of "God" on equal with Scripture.

So as you criticize those that support Obama, you also make yourself just as guilty for you unScriptural support of Bush.

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that read: "People of faith for Obama." And here is the problem that I have with you brothers and sisters who believe that this is possible, in the grace and favor of God. For I do not believe that I can explain enough my position on the matter.

But before I say anything, I have to say that in recent years I have prayed, and expected the black church to rise up as an example in the face of the growing Muslim menace which has been developing. For as a movement the Muslim menace sways young minds towards the unseemly, and unprofitable reward, contrary to what this country offers them. It is good for no one. It certainly bad for America, and the ebony church, in my mind, has needed to be more prominent in light of this. But what a staggering discovery was waiting to be made when the man Obama became a viable candidate for the office of president in America. I was blown completely down to find out that black America, including my very own Christian brothers and sisters, amounted to no more than the OJ Simpson jury. For instead of opposing Obama, out of common sense, as seeing the obvious, they evidently saw 'gain', no doubt a condition of the 'prosperity' preaching which has abounded in the pulpits around America. And this has compromised the black church. (We know that there are ministers who are 'not' ministers, but I am not referring to them. Their condition is apparent.)

So I only have this to say about it. I know how you would feel if David Duke, George Wallace, or some skinhead had been elected president. And I would not have supported any of these - at all. Moreover, if these had become president, I would not have supported them as president. It would have been sorely wrong to, and it isn't very hard for anyone to see that it would be wrong to. Yet you have voted exactly as you would have had me not to, and you are estatic about it. At the same time you are having a hard time understanding why those like me are not happier for you. Well your blindness is profound. In fact, it tells me you are not mature enough to vote. I am sorry!

And don't call it hate. My bible says I cannot hate, and serve God. But I don't have to like you [Frown] In fact, I am supposed to love the sinner, and hate the sin. But those going for a cheap shot for the purpose of their own gain will say to me that I am a hater. Not so. I am a man of common sense who would see America survive for both of us. Yet under these circumstances it will not. That is not good news for you. It is not good news for me. And how it hurts for the world to see us fail as well, but that is not the most important thing.

And you know what? I can hardly go into a black neighborhood for the hate; certainly not at night. And what has this election done? Has it eliminated the hate that would be projected towards me? No. In most cases it will legitimize it. That is not good for me. It is not good for you.

And I have worked in the poorest of abodes in black communities. I have in most, if not all of those cases, been liked, or certainly welcome (in the homes, not the neighborhood necessarily). I have been invited to supper by those upon whose homes I worked. One lady got the idea I would go on a cruise with her. And I have worked here and there for Habitat for Humanity a time or three. And in one case a young girl prevented a drunk from shooting me for being the white devil. She actually got the gun from him and hid it, or I might not be here today.

But I do not hate black America. In fact, if I may divulge something I may be criticized for, I have many times delighted in the bronzness of an ebony babe's skin (and in some cases, thighs). [happyhappy] I did find that "black is beautiful." But it is not so now. I have been betrayed. America has been betrayed. And yes, it is that bad.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement