Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Political Discussion   » Checkmate!

Author Topic: Checkmate!
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 20 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is what it is. It is checkmate. We have played the game. In the course of playing the game, some, in spite of wisdom, wanted to play the nice guy, and now we are in checkmate. They did not play effectively. They did not play to win. This is no doubt because they lost sight of what is at stake.

Checkmate means that we cannot effect any change for the better because we are effectively blocked from it. Game over! Now we have to suffer the consequences. And the thing is that checkmate means that we are nullified; bound. And the power of it is that we cannot speak, or make a motion! The power of it is that we cannot 'challenge' the notion held by the ones, who reign by nature of holding us in check, because it is 'unpopular'.

The reason why we cannot speak is because of being in check by being labled. We are labeled, or stereotyped, which shames us into submission. Therefore we cannot speak because it is 'obvious' that we are 'those' kind of people, those which are not acceptable in this day and age. In other words, we be 'politically' incorrect.

And unlike toxic emmissions which are debatable as to their effect, this checkmate is poison to our society, and our way of government, thus 'killing' us as a nation previously envied by the world. But that is actually perceived as a victory, by some, for they rejoice over us whom they have so disarmed by symbolic (only) means. (For it is only effective if we cooperate, and we have.)

But again, the strength of why we cannot speak is because we are not allowed to call what is wrong, wrong, because it belittles someone, which is politically incorrect, and therefore we should 'behave', or be thought of as hateful! It goes back to being unpopular. But I am not hateful. However, I am labeled as hateful without my cooperation. It is such that if I move or speak, I am confirming my hatred. That is my checkmate. It is also yours. You don't even have to be guilty! You are made to be. Again, that is the checkmate.

So, in a world of ravenous wolves (some even rabid), the prudent do not elect an underdog just to be nice, and to give him a chance, considering all that is at stake. For the improperly prepared are not to be selected under any circumstances, certainly not to be nice. Common wisdom knows that. Darwin's "Survival of the fittest," should mean something to these kind of dolts. Yet I know that it can be hotly debated as to who is properly prepared. It of course depends upon one's ideals, and those who fail the test of established wisdom, deserve their reward.

But we are in checkmate because we can not call something what it is, and to be up front about it, it is a power play, plain and simple. And as a power play, it is to be recognized as such, and challenged, in spite of the constraint laid upon such as are easily intimidated by methods of coercion, designed to usurp them so that they become feeble, and comply, rather than oppose. What a device. But it only works on the ignorant. So which category are you in, the intimidated, or the ignorant? Or is there a difference?

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement