Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Political Discussion   » It is not based on speed!

Author Topic: It is not based on speed!
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, let me be clear, lest those who accuse declare that I am biased. Indeed I am, but not based on speed.

I do not believe that Obama is malicious, or calculated (entirely), in his desire to do this country's bidding. He is rather - naive! It is just as dangerous. He has confidence in people and systems that are the antithesis to our system of governing.

There will be more Tony Rezkos as he goes along. Only much more will be at stake when the next one gains his confidence. For example, as he himself has said in fending off criticism about his dealings with Tony Rezko, he says that when he finally realized that he and Tony were going to have to part ways, he said that he would first try to 'talk' to Tony before rejecting him. This shows that Obama doesn't understand what can happen if one has confidence in talking. Because when one 'talks' with another in a potentially volatile situation, the opposing person, realizing the opportunity can most easily go along with the conversation initiator in desiring to maintain relationship, with the entirely wrong motive. And to trust that the person is genuine with whom one wants to talk, is potentially to set one's self up for a fall.

For example, say that one in the future wants to 'talk' to Russia after some event has taken place. Suppose that the 'talk' leads to discussion of disarmament. Suppose that we comply, and they do not! But we come away with a feel good attitude as though much was accomplished because the fearless leader 'trusts' in the other's good will. Will the guard be down? Destruction can come in a single hour.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement