Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Political Discussion   » McCain - Palin The Best Choice For The True Christian

Author Topic: McCain - Palin The Best Choice For The True Christian
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Wink] Thanks kindgo, I am blessed!
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem is I'm responsible for the actions of the person I vote for
---------
exactly why I cannot vote for someone who is for abortion at anytime and voted against a law forcing Doctors to give aid to a baby born alive during an abortion.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrianGrass1234
Advanced Member
Member # 5845

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrianGrass1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem is I'm responsible for the actions of the person I vote for, not for the actions of a person I didn't vote for. And McCain's actions as president will not protect people from the aggression of the state, but will maintain that aggression and further it harming and threatening people. I can't go against what Christ has taught in support of the immoral actions of one person just to try and block the immoral actions of another. I will not support either. Both want to use the violence of the state to do many things that are immoral uses of violence, and just because one might benefit me financially, or might keep a violent act outlawed, does not make voting of the other immoral individual moral.
Posts: 203 | From: Weed, CA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abortion is murder, Obama and Biden are all for abortion.

I agree with MH (first time ever)we must vote against them. A vote for anyone besides McCain is a vote for Obama.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is horrifying to read bgrass. That is the kind of thing that could cost someone like McCain/Palin the election, and the thing I have the most concern about. Quite simply, Obama must be voted against, and the only way it will happen is if people actually vote for McCain. Needless to say, it is not that hard to do, since McCain/Palin is not gosh-awful by any stretch. I mean, in the whole history of the country there have been but few that would equal King David. But I certainly pray that you don't discover what a horrible mistake it would be to end up with Obama. Because it would not only be unpleasant, you will discover. It will be desperate; and you, and a whole lot of people will be wondering how you could have been so.... Well, so!
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrianGrass1234
Advanced Member
Member # 5845

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrianGrass1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really don't think any of the options that will be on the ballet are suitable for a christian vote. All of the them, but in particular the main to, advocate if not an increase in state violence but at least maintaining the violence of state aggression for economic and social benefit. I think christians should steer clear of supporting aggressive uses of violence and should really support limiting the the violence of the state against others rather than encouraging it. And it is not that I don't want christians to vote, its just that want christians to be aware of what their vote is for and understand the responsibility they hold for their vote. So it would be much better to write in a vote for someone else, rather than support any of the names that will be on the Ballot to vote for.
Posts: 203 | From: Weed, CA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New web page I just put on line. Please take a look.

http://www.free-christian.com/McCain/

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement