Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Political Discussion   » Revival!

Author Topic: Revival!
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I would love to see America repent of their sins and turn away. But I do not think it will happen because the bible does say, it will be just as in the days of Noah.

That is before the second coming. America can experience a revival. America will experience a revival, and after that, persecution:

• Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
    Rev 18:5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
    Rev 18:6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
    Rev 18:7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
    Rev 18:8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

• 2Ti 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

• 2Ti 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the bible is clear of what is going to happen in the end times. That there will be a great falling away of the faith.

I would love to see America repent of their sins and turn away. But I do not think it will happen because the bible does say, it will be just as in the days of Noah.

I belive today is worse than the days of Noah. It just a matter of time when the Lord will return to take up his bride his true bride.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I honestly do not believe America will have a large revival before the rapture. A few Churches here and there, yes, but far too many Churches have become more concerned about being politically correct then preaching the truth of the Gospel.
After Sept 11, Church attendance was only up for two weeks. For the most part Americans do not want a God who will tell them how to live. They want a God that will fix their lives when they are broken, heal their bodies, but stay out of their business the rest of the time.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that America is ontrack for revival. It will be our last. But we can pray that it is, and we can pray that it will last. Moreover, this can not be taken lightly. If the salt is no good, it is fit only to be thrown out and trodden under the feet of men. We could be fed to our enemies; therefore count the cost. Consider your condition. Seek not prosperity, but the salvation of our God, whatever hunkering down it will cost you.

Amen!

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement