Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Political Discussion   » "O"-No!

Author Topic: "O"-No!
Billy
Advanced Member
Member # 7193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another example that has been on my heart for the past couple years is the fact that, every time Israel turned away from God, He would allow them to be led into captivity, or fail otherwise militarily. This raises the question as to whether or not Christians should do the same with the Republican Party.

If they are going to turn their backs on God, and on the people that serve Him, by endorsing people like Rudy Giuliani and Arnold Schwarzeneger, should we not turn our backs on them and let the chips fall where they may? Read the record of the Republican-majority Congress that existed for the first six years of President Bush's presidency, and tell me that they haven't abandoned their base. It seems to me that the only way that we can bring them back in line with us is if we simply stop endorsing their waywardness with our votes.

That being said, if I was pre-trib, I would probably be inclined to think that Senator Obama is the anti-christ. How he can call himself a Christian, and how people who profess to be Christians can so gleefully support him, is beyond me. I want to beat my head against a wall and scream, "Why? Why? Why?" everytime I meet someone that wants to vote for him.

--------------------
Test yourselves to be sure that you are in the faith.

- The Apostle Paul

Posts: 217 | From: overseas | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeena   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! [pound]

--------------------
Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

Posts: 749 | From: Toronto, Canada-EH! | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, when you look at history, and how governments or leaders have tried to squash God's people, or how they've tried to eradicate Christianity through the threat of persecution or death one thing is constant: Christianity thrives and the gospel actually reaches more people. Persecution causes Christians to "shine" brighter than ever, in Rome, China, Germany, Egypt, etc.

With that said...in the upcoming U.S. election...should Christians vote for Democrats? [Big Grin]

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candle of Life
Member # 7219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candle of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stickers that read Obama and nothing more is right on target. He stands for nothing, he has done nothing, he has voted on VERY little voting present over 70% of the time. About the only thing that he is consistant on is about taking guns away from law abiding citizens. Crooked politics in Illinois, crooked legislators.
Posts: 6 | From: Eastern Iowa | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeena   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Harrison:
I have been seeing something akin to bumperstickers lately that read Obama, and nothing more. I propose a bumpersticker to the contrary: "O No!"

I know that Obama represents something that some people will never see without someone like him representing them. However, is what he represents good for the whole? The people who want him don't care. Neither do they recognize the cost to themselves in their desire for some kind of a change. Another Chavez in this hemisphere would be fatal for all of us, especially if it happens here, in the one place where it cannot happen. But if that is what they want! When Pompeii was destroyed by a volcano, people cooked! Some slaves actually took the children and crawled into the large clay pots to try to avoid the heat. They were flash fried. They didn't ask for it though, or did they? Did they not pray to strange gods?

All the sooner we'll meet our Lord! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

Posts: 749 | From: Toronto, Canada-EH! | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been seeing something akin to bumperstickers lately that read Obama, and nothing more. I propose a bumpersticker to the contrary: "O No!"

I know that Obama represents something that some people will never see without someone like him representing them. However, is what he represents good for the whole? The people who want him don't care. Neither do they recognize the cost to themselves in their desire for some kind of a change. Another Chavez in this hemisphere would be fatal for all of us, especially if it happens here, in the one place where it cannot happen. But if that is what they want! When Pompeii was destroyed by a volcano, people cooked! Some slaves actually took the children and crawled into the large clay pots to try to avoid the heat. They were flash fried. They didn't ask for it though, or did they? Did they not pray to strange gods?

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement