Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Political Discussion   » Is Barack Hussein Obama a Christian?

Author Topic: Is Barack Hussein Obama a Christian?
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In fact, if I were a novelist, this could be the number one best seller: A man, an unknown, an unlikely candidate for president, comes from nowhere, rising to promenence in the forum of public opinion. He has a charismatic appeal to people who are looking for something new, because many are looking for something new; and he seems faultless when viewed with the camera. It loves him, it seems.

Nothing contained in any of his speeches betrays him to be a negative, or threatening prospect for the hope of America. Yet his associations are openly discovered to be quite questionable, downright. In spite of this he still grows in popularity as more people pile on the bandwagon of change.

Now the unthinkable: Who is one able to imagine to be a candidate for assination more than any predecessors who might have fulfilled the role that he is desiring to fulfill? He fits the bill better than anyone in history perhaps, and it seems likely that someone will.

So, suppose that the guy becomes elected and an attempt is made on his life. It appears that it succeeded. Then he comes alive after being certifiably pronounced dead!

Then suppose that he betrays the country to the enemies, and America is destroyed. However he managed to do it, he has the European Union subject to him, perhaps by some starwars implimentation that he and his computer have sole power over. After America is destroyed, he takes up residence in Europe, as its leader.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes its true we are the "melting pot" of the world. We have here in this country freedoms that other countries do not have. We are free to worship as a Christian, Judaism, Islam, Buddaism, Paganism , Athiest ect..

Try doing that in Saudia Arabia, Iran, Sudan, ect..

Most of those things you speak of were done by Politicians, not necessarily "Christians". And Politicians have a tendenacy, whether Democrat or Republican, to speak out of both sides of their mouths.

Now, was slavery right? No, but the black slaves were captured and handed over to the white man by their own brethren for money. That is history.

But let me show you where God took what was bad and turned it around for good where the African American is concerned.

Because of their ancestors being brought here and sold as slaves, they now live here in America where they are not being slaughtered for their belief in Christianity as there have been much slaughter in Africa over the last 10 years done by Radical Islamist. Not to mention the many famines in that land, starvation, wars ect...

America is not perfect, but there are not to many places on earth i would rather live. I dont know many African Americans who are wanting to go and live in Africa today. The poorest person here on this soil is a lot richer than most of the people in the 3rd world countries of today.

Obama took his oath to congress on the Koran. Okay, thats fine. But where I draw the line is he is wanting me and others to vote him in as President of these "United" States, but he refuses to pledge allegience to the flag of the country he is wanting to represent, and that is you, and me, the American Jew, the American Muslim, the American Indian, The American Buddist ect..

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nenothtu
Member # 7134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nenothtu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by David Campbell:
quote:
Originally posted by yahsway:
I personally would not vote for Obama and it does not have anything to do with his skin color because I voted for Alan Keys years ago.

I agree it does not have anything to do with skin color.

It is about what they stand for and their additude. He sure is not proud of America and he does not need to be President.

ok, lets see. What can america be proud of?? So far, lets just say, the past 100 years. What have we done as a nation to be proud of? I am not proud of this country. We want to spread the word of Christianity, the faith of christianity, and the love of christianity, but WE DONT. Look at G.W. Bush. What did he do when New Orleans fell to its knees begging for help? He went golfing. What did our so-called christian brethen do when they signed treaties with the native americans (the true inheritors of this land)? They stole from them and gave them disease. What did our socalled christian brethren do in the times of slavery? We bought and sold human beings for our own personal gain. What happened after 9/11? We went to war with a country that a) wasnt harboring weapons of Mass destruction (which even if they were, we had no right to invade them since we, ourselves, have mass amounts of such weapons) and B)wasnt even accepting responsiblity for the actions that took place. We need to wake up as a country. We need to understand that we are a country of Christians, Jews, Muslims, Athiests, Pagans, etc..who have to live together in harmony in order for it to work. Obama has been the only politician with any thought of understanding those who don't follow our beliefs. If we didn't have someone like him in office, well, our history has already told the story.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 2 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Undercover muslim? = most likely
Racist? = no doubt
Anti-Anerican? = check out his responses to the pledge of allegiance

Only the blind can not see this.

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obama's professed pastor and personal spiritual advisor is a major question mark.

The man went to visit the muslim leader of Lybia, in the company of the racist black muslem leader, Lewis F.

Racism abounds in Obama's pastor, anyone who has ears or eyes has heard or read his hatred of whites and America.

Obama has sat and listened to this racism for years, and had his children sitting under it.
Only now, when it is exposed, does he try to distance himself fm his self-professed spiritual and personal advisor.

An associate of muslims, a hater of America, a hater of whites. This is the leadership, the personal advise and spiritual leadership Obama has chosen for himself and exposed his children to.

Undercover muslim? = most likely
Racist? = no doubt
Anti-Anerican? = check out his responses to the pledge of allegiance

Why is Alan Keys not involved in this election?
Oh yea, I see.
Keys is Black, Republican, and foremost Christian.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say we vote for Condi. Then we would have the first black, and at the same time, woman president. Sometimes i think that i want change too; however, not from our hands to our enemies. Take someone like Obama. I said earlier that it would be dangerous for someone whom we could not trust to be head of state. And how it would go down is like this. Thinking that he may be doing the right thing in trying to make friends, or pacify someone, by way of foreign relations, he could set us up for the fall without even having any bad intent. You cannot make peace with someone who wants to kill you. They will take your offer, then when they are in a position of trust, they will kill you.
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do any of you here remember the college professor that Bill O'Riley had on his program right after 9-11?

He said No im not a terrorist, i dont condone hate yada yada ectt...

Well, O'Rielly found film footage of this guy spewing hate and talking with and about his Islamic brotheres so on ...

I think he was aresseted because he had ties with some of the terrorist.

My point is, this man spoke out of both sides of his mouth. He could not be trusted.

I do not trust Obama, my gut tells me there is a "smoke screen" and its blinding a lot of people where he is concerned.

And there are black muslims, white muslims, arab muslims, asian muslims, so its not a skin color issue.

For Obama to sit under that pastor for over 20 years he must have liked a whole lot of his sermons. I went to that church web site he attends and mosy of it is all about being "proud" to be African yada yada

But shouldnt it be I am proud to be a Chistian first and foremost? And i find it interesting that their main focus is Africa and yet they live here in America. And does anyone know what has been happening in Africa for the past 10 years? Muslims have just about taken over that country thru the sword. Its sad.

And that Farekahan fellow is one scary dude to say the least. whats up with obamas relationship with him? Is it due to skin color or relgion or both?

Oh well, ive rambeled enough. I will NOT vote Obama!

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

I would like to agree with you ph, but where there is even a little doubt, it is better to play it safe. What if O B gets in then decides that he is more Muslim than Christian. It could happen, and his association with Farrahkahn makes it the most doubtful.

DO you realize that whoever gets that job, gains full knowledge of all State secrets, including nukes, spys, strategies etc. That should shake anyone down to unconsolable, just to consider the possiblilty that someone could sell us out. We could be nuked!

I have looked and i can see what Rev. Wright said from his perspective, somewhat, concerning some loose issues that cater to a few, but concerning the whole of America, he stands in error.

Oh! I look at it like this. We are to "Get right with God," from most peoples perspectives. However, Obama's perspective is "Get God with Wright!" Muslim's feel that you get God with Mohammud. There is a similarity because, Wright doesn't preach the God I know any more than JJ, or the other politically motivated guy, uhm, you know, from Noo Yark. Their fruit just doesn't register concerning the Kingdom, but rather, the world.

powerhouse
Advanced Member
Member # 3826

Icon 1 posted      Profile for powerhouse   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QB] Is Barack Hussein Obama a Christian?

Obama is not a Muslim... and wearing a pin on your lapel doesn't make you patriotic... not wearing a pin doesn't make you treasonous.

This whole thread is CRAZY!

People forget about whitewater, lewinsky, and all the things they hated about the Clinton administration, but people have selective amnesia about things.

Wake up and smell the Colombian Roast...

--------------------
The Powerhouse Ministry
Blogs, Podcasts, Books and More
100% Free

Posts: 89 | From: Beverly Hills, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yahsway:
I personally would not vote for Obama and it does not have anything to do with his skin color because I voted for Alan Keys years ago.

I agree it does not have anything to do with skin color.

It is about what they stand for and their additude. He sure is not proud of America and he does not need to be President.

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Good NewsforAll:
quote:
Plus the preacher where he attends Church for the past 20 years teaches HATE. He HATES white people. He hates the USA.

Haven't you read the news. His pastor has been dismissed from the campaign because of derogatory racial remarks.

Obama said that pointing out racial differences only makes it harder to "deliver on the big issues we face in this country," which he said include health care, the slumping economy, terrorism and caring better for veterans.

Yes I read the news. But if people look at the facts. Obama set and listened to this hate speech for 20 YEARS.

I am sure now he don't want people to know so he will dismiss it. But the facts are he sure set there for 20 years and listened to it. I am sure he will dismiss it until he gets in office and all the sudden the 20 years of hate lectures he listened to and must have agree with will come to light.

Please people wake up!

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Plus the preacher where he attends Church for the past 20 years teaches HATE. He HATES white people. He hates the USA.

Haven't you read the news. His pastor has been dismissed from the campaign because of derogatory racial remarks.

From MSNBC -
Sen. Barack Obama on Saturday decried "the forces of division" over race that he said are intruding into the Democratic presidential nomination contest.

"We have to come together," he told a town-hall meeting at a high school.

He cited videos of inflammatory sermons given by his pastor that are now being used as political ammunition against him — remarks that Obama has denounced.

"If all I knew were those statements I saw on television, I would be shocked," Obama said.

Obama suggested that more and more is being made of racial divisions as his contest with Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton heats up.

"I noticed over the last several weeks that the forces of division have started to raise their ugly heads again. And I'm not here to cast blame or point fingers because everybody, you know, senses that there's been this shift," Obama said.

"It reminds me: We've got a tragic history when it comes to race in this country. We've got a lot of pent-up anger and bitterness and misunderstanding. ... This country wants to move beyond these kinds of things."

The Illinois senator's comments came a day after he denounced statements in videos appearing on television and on the Internet of sermons by the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, pastor of the Chicago church Obama joined nearly 20 years ago.

"Most recently, you heard some statements from my former pastor that were incendiary and that I completely reject, although I knew him and know him as somebody in my church who talked to me about Jesus and family and friendships."

Obama said that pointing out racial differences only makes it harder to "deliver on the big issues we face in this country," which he said include health care, the slumping economy, terrorism and caring better for veterans.

Obama, whose mother's family was from Kansas and his father from Kenya, said he was speaking "as someone who has little pieces of America all in me."

--------------------
The Pharisees tell us what not to do. Jesus tells us what to do.
Romans 10:15 As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Posts: 400 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

The Bible, and Christian principles in general, are being censored from our public schools - in fact, from the whole "public square." Under the guise of adhering to the "separation of church and state doctrine," judges and other government officials are disallowing Christianity in the growing number of arenas administered by the United States government.

The censorship is swift and complete, effectively compartmentalizing the church's influence in the world. As John Eidsmoe says,

"Those who object to Christian expression in public life frequently use the phrase as a code-word to mean, separation of church from reality. They say, 'Christians can stay in church and pray and sing, but leave the real problems of the world to us.'"

As Christians, we realize that the real problems of the world can only be solved with reference to Biblical Christian principles. But recently Christians have been told that such an attitude is "unconstitutional; "that the First Amendment to the United States Constitution includes a clause that calls for the separation of church and state. Many people now espouse the belief that American government was designed to include "an impenetrable wall" separating church and state.

If this is true, then the Christian is violating the founding principles of our country when he or she calls for Christianity to be voiced in the public square. But is it true?

Absolutely not. The First Amendment does not include the phrase "separation of church and state." It reads:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Nowhere does the First Amendment suggest that Christianity cannot be heard in the public square.

Robert L. Cord accurately describes the true intention of the religion clause in the First Amendment:

"[R]egarding religion, the First Amendment was intended to accomplish three purposes. First, it was intended to prevent the establishment of a national church or religion, or the giving of any religious sect or denomination a preferred status. Second, it was designed to safeguard the right of freedom of conscience in religious beliefs against invasion solely by the national Government. Third, it was so constructed in order to allow the States, unimpeded, to deal with religious establishments and aid to religious institutions as they saw fit."

The founding fathers did not include the First Amendment in the Constitution to disallow Christianity from influencing state-established institutions; on the contrary, America's founding fathers expected our nation to be (on the whole) Christian, and our government to reflect that bias.

This appears to be a reasonable understanding of the First Amendment - far more reasonable than asserting that it erected an impenetrable wall of separation. And it becomes even more reasonable when one considers the words and actions of America's settlers, founders and leaders.

The first act of the United States Congress was to authorize the printing of 20,000 Bibles for the Indians. Further,

"When our first President, under the new Constitution, received the request of both Houses of Congress concerning a national declaration of a public day of Thanksgiving and Prayer, 'George Washington...issued a National Thanksgiving Proclamation' without any apparent concern that he might be mixing government and religion."

The men who founded our country clearly wedded it to Christian principles. "By today's standards," as syndicated columnist Don Feder says, "the founding fathers were the religious right."

Author Tim LaHaye says that...

"This Christian consensus is easily verified by the fact that prior to 1789 (the year that eleven of the thirteen states ratified the Constitution), many of the states still had constitutional requirements that a man must be a Christian in order to hold public office."

This Christian consensus was understood by leaders long after the American Revolution, as well. Abraham Lincoln, in 1863, called for a "National Fast Day," citing the fact that...

"We have been the recipients of the choicest bounties of Heaven ...But we have forgotten God."

When one examines history, one cannot avoid the conclusion that America was founded on Christian principles and the assumption that her citizenry would adhere to those same principles.

Unfortunately, the modern interpretation of the First Amendment ignores historical fact. Instead, it provides a convenient vehicle for Secular Humanism to achieve control over the public square.

The reason for this is simple: there is no such thing as a value-free society or institution - someone's values must prevail. Some worldview must "fill the vacuum" left by the eradication of the Christian worldview from public education, social services, courtrooms, etc. By distorting the First Amendment, the United States government has allowed Humanist values to prevail. As LaHaye points out,

"The true meaning of the first amendment has been turned on its head during the past fifty years: In this decade, those who practice the religion of secular humanism are able to use the power of the federal government to impose their religion on the vast majority of the population."

The danger of Secular Humanism prevailing in our society is quite simply, the oldest danger recorded in the Bible: men setting themselves up as God. The moral framework of our universe guarantees terrible consequences for the country that grants sovereignty to something other than God - because in such circumstances sovereignty ultimately becomes the property of the state.

"Man is a spiritual being;" says Benjamin Hart, "when one faith is eliminated, a new god will rush in to fill the spiritual void. Through out history, there has been a man-made god called the state." When the state holds ultimate authority, government officials may commit whatever atrocities they like, because only the state may determine what is right and wrong.

America must choose. Either we ignore the intentions of our founding fathers and grant sovereignty to the state (clearing the way for Hitlers and Stalins to reign once again), or we bow humbly before the one true God, and - without establishing Christianity as the mandatory religion for all citizens - obey God's principles for justice.

True freedom can only exist in a land governed according to the principles set forth in Romans 13:3-4:

"For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrong-doer."

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-sum/sum-g001.html

http://reformed-theology.org/southern/america.htm

http://www.americasyouthfortruth.org/americ_beg.htm

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

quote:
Originally posted by Itty-Bitty Girl:
quote:
The USA was found as Christian that is why people are free.

I disagree with this statement because people who had skin the same color as mine were slaves when this beautiful nation was founded and all the while it called itself the "land of the free". If this nation was founded as Christian, there would have been no chattel slavery in the first place. I hope you understand where I am coming from.
Don't know if you have read histroy or not but Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves. I did not say it was a perfect. But yes it was found on Christianity. It is not now how ever.

And you have never been a slave.

What I see on my end is people like Jeremiah Wright that wants to make all white people pay for something they had nothing to do with.

I for one had nothing to do with anyone being a slave. I do know that tons of white people died in the civil war to try and rid this country of slavery. But I guess that does not matter. I just get sick of hearing this all the time and hearing how white people are so bad an see people like Wright trying to make all black people hate white people. It is so sad. I know some white people are bad, but I also know that some black people are bad. If we don't see people as people we will never learn to love each other. I love all people and they are all the same to me. But there are many white people I don't like and many black people I don't like, BUT not because of the color of their skin but their attitude. People are people to me, red, black, white, purple... it dose not matter. But spreading hate for anyone sure causes me to dislike a person regardless of color.

If a white preacher said things like this Wright does about black people he would be put in jail.

It is so sad. BUT I SURE DON"T WANT SOMEONE THAT HAS LISTENING TO THIS RACIST, HATEMMONGER PASTOR for 20 years being the President of the USA. I would vote for a good Godly black man for president anytime but not Barack Hussein Obama.

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

quote:
I don't understand, I thought Obama was Protestant. He says he is protestant, not Muslim. Obama is a member of Trinity United Church of Christ. He does not even call himself a Muslim, so how can he be a Muslim? Is Obama putting up a front or something? Am I missing something here?

Anyone can tell Obama is not a Christian. You have to be totally blind not to see this!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8M-kD0QdRJk

http://youtube.com/watch?v=c4WMqlfiQKo

http://youtube.com/watch?v=86ZJYfyCRXc

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l9HUdF9OZa8

Obama went to a Muslim school. His Dad, Granddad and Grandmother, Brother are Muslim. My family sure had a big part in the decisions I make. His roots are Muslim.

He want even wear a USA pin on his lapel. Seems to be ashamed of America. Wonder if that came from the 20 years of listening to someone who hates whites and the USA. If it is so bad why don't he go to a country he likes.

Obama is a good actor and we better watch out for he has been listening to a Racist, Hatemonger Pastor for 20 years. If he did not agree with the Pastor then he would have left that so called Church.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_031308/content/01125106.guest.html

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_031408/content/01125107.guest.html

If one can vote for this man, he is blind to the facts and don't want to know the truth.

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I see a bigot, especially a Jew hating one, I don't really care what his or her political stripes are. David Duke, Cynthia McKinney - Republican or Democrat, makes no difference to me. I would have nothing to do with this person and would be the first one to stand up and condemn him. I would surely expect the same reaction from one who aspires to become President of the United States . Which brings me to Barack Obama who is a proud member of Chicago 's Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago .

This church is headed by the Reverend Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. who is on record as referring to Israel as an apartheid state and calling for a boycott of Israel as punishment for its treatment of the oppressed Palestinians. Don't forget that Obama, recently in Iowa , referred to the Palestinians as, "The most oppressed people on earth." And guess who the oppressors are? It gets more interesting.

The church's web site lists The Trumpet News Magazine as one of its publications and even has a link to it. You will find that the latest issue is dedicated to none other than the Rev. Louis Farrrakhan who was the church's recipient of its "2007 Lifetime Achievement Award." Holy Smokes! Obama's church honoring this country's most vicious Jew/white hater and its most prestigious member, Obama, remains silent about this?

Makes you wonder about the media getting all hyped up about Romney's Mormonism and Huckabee's deep seated religious beliefs doesn't it?
Someone should question Democrat Congressman Robert Wexler, who is the chair of Obama's Florida campaign about this. Makes you wonder how Obama is never asked how he feels about his church honoring Farrakhan. I wonder if any of the Democrat Jewish elected officials in Congress have ever asked him about this?

I thought I would like to know more about Obama before I read this email sent to me by an astute friend. I checked out the websites for Chicago 's Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago and the Trumpet News Magazine today and found the inferences in this email to be absolutely true. You can check it out for yourself by Googleing them and reading the websites. It won't take but a minute and you will see that the church is gloating about its affiliation with Obama and vice versa. The reference to Farrakhan is blatant and up front.

I beleive that Obama as President of our country would be a disaster beyond belief. If you think we are involved in the Middle East now can you imagine what would happen if our President was a tool of Radical Islam! His church appears to be just that and what closer influence is there?

THE PRESS IS NOT REPORTING THIS AFFILIATION SO IT IS UP TO ALL OF US TO SEE THAT THIS IS PROMULGATED TO ALL WHO CARE ABOUT OUR COUNTRY! Forget all the political hype and bs and pay attention to the facts!!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some trivia about Barack Obama (Janny Scott from the New York Times )

"In the capsule version of the Barack Obama story, his mother is simply the white woman from Kansas. The phrase comes coupled alliteratively to its counterpart, the black father from Kenya. On the campaign trail, he has called her his “single mom.” But neither description begins to capture the unconventional life of Stanley Ann Dunham Soetoro, the parent who most shaped Mr. Obama.

She had high expectations for her children. In Indonesia, she would wake her son at 4 a.m. for correspondence courses in English before school; she brought home recordings of Mahalia Jackson, speeches by the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. And when Mr. Obama asked to stay in Hawaii for high school rather than return to Asia, she accepted living apart — a decision her daughter says was one of the hardest in Ms. Soetoro’s life.

Ms. Soetoro, who died of ovarian cancer in 1995, was the parent who raised Mr. Obama, the Illinois senator running for the Democratic presidential nomination. He barely saw his father after the age of 2. Though it is impossible to pinpoint the imprint of a parent on the life of a grown child, people who knew Ms. Soetoro well say they see her influence unmistakably in Mr. Obama.

Yet he has also made some different choices — marrying into a tightly knit African-American family rooted in the South Side of Chicago, becoming a churchgoing Christian, publicly recounting his search for his identity as a black man."

Obviously his strongest influence growing up was from a white mother,(not a Muslim) with an absent father. Some people love to check behind every bush to see what dirt they can dig up about others. None of these candidates have halos over their heads and I am sure we could never find one. Voters should strongly support the candidate with the strongest ethics platform. The devil would love nothing better for you to see at home and not support your country.

--------------------
Romans 10:15 As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Posts: 400 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

I read his statement of faith, and i gave him the benefit of the doubt. It was concise! Yet, perhaps his words, or his actions betray him. The most effective deceiver will appear one way by way of communication, and when the stakes are high, after having won the masses, will only then lower the boom. It it a terrible thing to be deceived. The stakes are high here for all of us.

I would like to think that the nation could vote for an ebony individual, and it would just be another day. I mean it. Like i said, initially, when i got an e-mail about Barrack, i revolted, based on Obama's statement about Jesus and the forgivness of sins. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and defended him. Now i am not optimistic. Charismatic appeal can hide something truly awful. I suspect that this is exactly how the antichrist will appear. Will we get our due first?

The antichrist cannot appear while America is standing. America, despite her faults is the preserving force in the world today. When she is gone, and not before, pandamonium will ensue, with desperation. I am fully convinced. America will have to be decimated before the new world order described in Revelation, will take place. At least, when this new leader rises in Europe, then America will fall. None of us here will survive it. Put it like this. If there is a rapture, it will be for this country only, and it will be in the heat of a nuclear holocaust.

2Co 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

Someone like Barrack could be the trusting one who sells us short to some hostile nation who does not appear to be so.

1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Unfortunately, America is ready for change! Really unfortunately, because when it is too late, then will she understand.

Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

The point is he says he is not Muslim. Of course there are going go be many with their self-appointed 'discernment' judging whether he is a true Christian, but we should believe him when he says he is not Muslim.

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because Christianity has become so indistinguishable by definition in the Western Church many people are deceived.

Not only does Barack Hussein Obama think he is a Christian but so do Hilary Clinton and McCain.

George Bush thinks he is a Christian also so does Bill Clinton, George Bush Senior, the late Ronald Regan and down the line we go.

Is the Church so deceived?

Do people not know what it mans to be a Christian!

Where is the discernment in the body of Christ?

I doubt there is a True Christian in Washington DC in politics.

Not a Senator
Not a Congressman
Not a President or a Presidential candidate.

But some will say… you are to judgmental… you don’t know if they are Christians are not?

And you would be somewhat right… I don’t know for sure but the scripture tell me to look at their fruit… and scriptures also tell me have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness…. Scripture also tell me be not a partaker of their sin…

To give your support in any way as a child of Yahweh to one of those reprobates is to share in their sin.

The Christian is a ambassador in the earth for the King of Kings and Lord of Lords of the Kingdom of Yahweh.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

quote:
I don't understand, I thought Obama was Protestant. He says he is protestant, not Muslim. Obama is a member of Trinity United Church of Christ. He does not even call himself a Muslim, so how can he be a Muslim? Is Obama putting up a front or something? Am I missing something here?

He clearly says that he is Christian. We cannot judge him because of his name or because of what his grandfather was. It's not fair.

--------------------

Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Itty-Bitty Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The USA was found as Christian that is why people are free.

I disagree with this statement because people who had skin the same color as mine were slaves when this beautiful nation was founded and all the while it called itself the "land of the free". If this nation was founded as Christian, there would have been no chattel slavery in the first place. I hope you understand where I am coming from.
Posts: 1051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Icon 17 posted      Profile for Itty-Bitty Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 1051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 17 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Barack Hussein Obama a Christian?

NO WAY! You can not be a Christian and support the things he does. Having a bible does not make you a Christian. The USA was found as Christian that is why people are free. Barack Hussein Obama is Muslim and Muslim’s are the only ones I know who will cut your head off if you don’t believe as they do. The will actually cut your head off. We don’t want to place a Muslim as the leader of the USA if we want to stay free. Think about!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBhDxr9rI0k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4pNumUxcEs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pts0zrSRfQo

- - - - - - - -

Barack Hussein Obama’s Grandmother Fights Back: My Grandson is a Christian

Sarah Hussein Onyango Obama, Grandmother of Barack Obama spoke to the Associated Press about the pictures being circulated of Barack in Somali elder’s dressing and the accusation that he is a Muslim. In her local tongue, Luo, Sarah expressed her displeasure, “Untruths are told that don’t have anything to do with what Barack is about. I am very against it. Bringing such pictures that are trying to imply that not only is he a foreigner, he is a Muslim, is wrong, because that is not what he is.”

So where does his middle name, Hussein, come from?

Sarah explained that Barack Obama’s grandfather converted from Roman Catholicism to Islam, in that switch he chose the name Hussein and his children inherited the name - not the religion. Barack Obama’s father passed it down to him as well - only as a middle name.

Although she is a lifelong Muslim, Barack Obama she said is a practicing Christian.

http://www.whudat.com/newsblurbs/more/barack_obamas_grandmother_fights_back_my_grandson_is_a_christian_1680306081/

Wake up: Obama’s grandfather converted from Roman Catholicism to Islam, His family is MUSLIM. This is the way he will be influenced when making decisions for the USA.

Just remember the twin towers where blown up my Muslims that where trained right here in the USA to kill 1000's. We in the USA need to wake up and see we need to guard against the face of evil. (see www.obsessionthemovie.com and www.inthefaceofevil.com )This is not a game it is real and you can see what happens when we let our gaurd down. Things can be a lot worse then the twin towers if we don't keep our guard up and put patriotic President in office. Barack Hussein Obama will not even wear a USA flag pin or place his had over his heart when the US national anthem is played.

People please wake up!!!! before it is to late.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement