Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Political Discussion   » What do you think of this concern?

Author Topic: What do you think of this concern?
CWO4GUNNER
Advanced Member
Member # 6971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CWO4GUNNER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I am glad you made the post because I believe as a Christian I do have an obligation to support all things that are good under Jesus Christ. As a voter I have a responsibility to pray and ask for Gods guidance and try and have an understanding who I am voting for. Since the senator himself says that he has been a member of this church for 20 years and is a strong supporter, I would like to learn what their doctrine is. Quite simply is Jesus Christ who is not a respecter of persons and who came to preach the "good News" to all men being preached. I don't know that answer either but I am trying to view his church web cast services but haven't been able to connect. At best it will benefit hearing Gods word and Jesus Christ preached. I have included here a link to the church services web-cast and public statements made made by the senior pastor and assistant paster in a live interview. While I give no credit to the interviewers statements and questions, I am surprised by the spirit of the pastors.
1 John 4:1-3 Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world. This is how we know if they have the Spirit of God: If a person claiming to be a prophet acknowledges that Jesus Christ came in a real body, that person has the Spirit of God. But if someone claims to be a prophet and does not acknowledge the truth about Jesus, that person is not from God. Such a person has the spirit of the Antichrist, which you heard is coming into the world and indeed is already here. I welcome any correction over my concerns.
Trinity United Church webcast services
Senior pastor Assistant pastor

Posts: 54 | From: Bullhead City, AZ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that the woman is just a little naïve concerning the subject. I hope that is all it is. Of course we all have room to be wrong, and room to grow. Our Lord is not looking down on us longing to kick us good and hard while we haven’t come to a mature understanding of every little thing. Indeed, scripture says that we are to bear the infirmities of the weak. Therefore, in light of the quote below which I discovered while following related links, I am willing to overlook her. I hope that I am not missing something. That is why I posted.

“We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.” (Rom 15:1)

We know that governments of the world are just that. As Christians, Jesus is our government, and we are witnesses to the governments of the world of the blessed Kingdom of our God, which endures forever. Still, we are most fortunate in our country to be able to have someone lead who is inclined towards the God of the New Testament, however committed; and in digging, I was personally surprised at this statement of Obama’s, which I feel speaks well for itself. It is not at all what I expected to hear.

I do not personally agree with much concerning his concepts for our country, but with respect to this statement, I have a different appraisal of him now. Am I somehow wrong? I actually am surprised at the quote which I included in the opening of this post, in that it came from a Christian source. Shall we not humble ourselves, or should we exalt ourselves over others according to worldly misgivings? I’ll bet that the Uncivil War could have been avoided, and yes, I do feel strongly about this. Is being of one particular race more important than the values that Christ gives to us? Of course I am open to see if I am missing something, but let me not be shy about this. I stand corrected as far as I am concerned.

Well?

“I am a Christian, and I am a devout Christian. I believe in the redemptive death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I believe that that faith gives me a path to be cleansed of sin and have eternal life. But most importantly, I believe in the example that Jesus set by feeding the hungry and healing the sick and always prioritizing the least of these over the powerful. I didn't 'fall out in church' as they say, but there was a very strong awakening in me of the importance of these issues in my life. I didn't want to walk alone on this journey. Accepting Jesus Christ in my life has been a powerful guide for my conduct and my values and my ideals.
There is one thing that I want to mention that I think is important. Part of what we've been seeing during the course this campaign is some scurrilous e-mails that have been sent out, denying my faith, talking about me being a Muslim, suggesting that I got sworn in the U.S. Senate with a Quran in my hand or that I don't pledge allegiance to the flag. I think it's really important for your readers to know that I have been a member of the same church for almost 20 years, and I have never practiced Islam. I am respectful of the religion, but it's not my own. One of the things that's very important in this day and age is that we don't use religion as a political tool and certainly that we don't lie about religion as a way to score political points. I just thought it was important to get that in there to dispel rumors that have been over the Internet. We've done so repeatedly, but obviously it's a political tactic of somebody to try to provide this misinformation.” Obama

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Michael, that 3rd clip with Dr. Wright is real interesting...I would like to ask her how she reconciles the Christian Faith with the Muslim faith?

She is showing her total ignorance of the teaching of Yeshua and the whole of scripture!

you are right, it it scary to think Obama might be President but the other candidates are just as scary,

let us look together at the candidates, we have demon #1 , demon #2 , demon #3 and so on...

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently received this e-mail concerning Obama for pres:

quote:
Obama mentioned his church during his appearance with Oprah. It's the Trinity Church of Christ. I found this interesting.

Obama's church: Please read and go to this church's website and read what is written there. It is very alarming. Barack Obama is a member of this church and is running for President of the U.S. If you look at the first page of their website, you will learn that this congregation has a non-negotiable commitment to Africa. No where is AMERICA even mentioned.

Notice too, what color you will need to be if you should want to join Obama's church... B-L-A-C-K!!!

Doesn't look like his choice of religion has improved much over his (former?) Muslim upbringing. </DIV

This guy desires to rule over America while his loyalty is totally vested in a Black Africa!

I cannot believe this has not been all over the TV and newspapers. This is why it is so important to pass this message along to all of our family & friends. To think that Obama has even the slightest chance in the run for the presidency, is really scary.

So, seeing that he is a potentally realistic possibility the way things are shaping up, i decided to look at the url that was given for his church. What do they believe there? What is the background of Obama?

My question, upon visiting the url of this Church of Christ is, do you agree with what is quoted above about this candidate? Does the web site give the same impression to you?

www.tucc.org/about.htm

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement