Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Political Discussion   » Who should Christians vote for?

Author Topic: Who should Christians vote for?
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
please look at clip....

It Is Not A Conspiracy Theory When It Is What They Themselves Say

http://bluecollarrepublican.com/blog/?cat=87

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artm
Advanced Member
Member # 6243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for artm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everybody, My vote goes to Mr Huckabee. I saw Him on a program the other night and he was asked if he was " One of thise who beleive that Jesus is the only way one could be saved."

He gave the right answer, " YES ". If we can get a man in office whi is not afraid to declare that his Faith in in Jesus Christ, That can't hurt this country. Art

Posts: 50 | From: New York | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isaiah
Advanced Member
Member # 6699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isaiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IT IS NOT WRONG TO WANT LEADERSHIP THAT CONSIDERS GOD, BUT DO NOT BE DISAPPOINTED IF THAT ONLY HAPPENS WHEN CHRIST RETURNS.
Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
GOD ULTIMATELY DECIDES WHO WILL RULE. HE SETS UP KINGS AND KINGDOMS, AND REMOVES THEM -ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE. IT MAY SEEM STRANGE, BUT GOD DOES NOT ALWAYS ALLOW THE "BEST" PEOPLE TO RULE, BUT THOSE WHO WILL ACCOMPLISH HIS PURPOSE -WHICH DOES NOT ALWAYS IMMEDIATELY MEAN WONDERFUL THINGS FOR THE LAND. VERSES LIKE ISAIAH 10 DO STATE THAT IF WE -AS A NATION -WERE MORE GODLY - OR AT LEAST LESS HYPOCRITICAL -WE COULD AVOID NATIONAL DISASTER, BUT GOD'S PURPOSE WILL STAND ONCE HIS DECISION HAS BEEN MADE. ALSO, THOSE IN POWER MAY NOT ALLOW CHANGE FOR THE BETTER -THINKING THEMSELVES TO BE QUITE RIGHT ALREADY -NOT TO MENTION THE PRESIDENT -AS AN INDIVIDUAL -HAS LESS POWER THAN MANY MIGHT THINK -AND INCREASING THAT POWER CAN MEAN ASSOCIATION WITH MEN WHO ARE LESS THAN GODLY. ALL HUMAN POWER WILL FALL -ONE WAY OR ANOTHER -TO THE RETURNING CHRIST. IT IS POSSIBLE THE TRANSITION COULD BE PEACEFUL -BUT PERHAPS LESS THAN PROBABLE.
Joe 2:11 And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?
Joe 2:12 Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning:
Joe 2:13 And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.
Joe 2:14 Who knoweth if he will return and repent, and leave a blessing behind him; even a meat offering and a drink offering unto the LORD your God?

Jer 18:7 At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it;
Jer 18:8 If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.
Jer 18:9 And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it;
Jer 18:10 If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.

Posts: 288 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrianGrass1234
Advanced Member
Member # 5845

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrianGrass1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ron Paul is a good man and honest. More importantly he seems to understand the violence of government the the moral implications of christians wielding that violence. So his positions are to restrict that violence being used against others unjustly in both wanting to bring our troops home from all over the world, not just the middle east and to protect us from the federal government here domestically by removing the IRS, removing federal laws that wrongly restrict liberty, ending the drug war and ending the governments ability to take our wealth secretly by ending the federal reserve among many other unconstitutional programs the federal government is currently running.
Posts: 203 | From: Weed, CA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xapis
Member # 6292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xapis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep. Ron Paul appears to be it. The other guys may talk a good talk at times but Paul seems to be the only one who holds true to his convictions (and most of them are good and right) no matter what "the people" think or what the polls and the talking heads say.

--------------------
χάρις
http://www.graceforums.com

"Defend the Bible? I would as soon defend a lion." —Martin Luther

Posts: 3 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So far it looks like Ron Paul!

Congressman Ron Paul formally declared his candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination on March 12, 2007. Since then more and more Christians are waking up to the fact that Ron Paul is the Presidential candidate who best represents Christian values and principles. Ron Paul not only professes to be a Christian but his life and political career have been a model of humility and service to others. Here is a man who's profession of faith is not merely a type of pandering to "get the Christian vote" but is in fact a clear record of Christian principles in action.

http://www.christiansforronpaul.com

What do you think?

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement