Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Political Discussion   » Didn't want to change the "Why Bother" thread, but.

Author Topic: Didn't want to change the "Why Bother" thread, but.
BrianGrass1234
Advanced Member
Member # 5845

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrianGrass1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by freddy05:
BrianGrass1234-
I´ve read your posts here and a few other boards, and I think your attitude of "You shouldn´t depend on the Government" is hypocritical. (Unless you live in a cabin in rural montana perhaps)

If you use roads, you are depending on the government. If you use US DOLLARS or any other government currency, then you are depending on the government. Have the police ever protected you? I bet they have thousands of times, you probably didn´t even realize it! What about border security? Are you depending on the government or are you one of those people out there watching the border? When you go through a green light when driving without looking both ways you are depending on the government´s ability to license and regulate drivers.

These are just a FEW examples. Every American depends on the government everyday for countless things.

But of course its easy to complain about the government expenditures that YOU don´t benefit from.

There are millions of people in the world that work harder than you, but don´t benefit economically like you do because they don´t have the government that you have.

It is not government that I have a problem with, but it is the way that it is funded and used. I have a problem with taking money and property, through force, to benifit me or anyone else. I think its wrong.
Posts: 203 | From: Weed, CA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freddy05
Advanced Member
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freddy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BrianGrass1234-
I´ve read your posts here and a few other boards, and I think your attitude of "You shouldn´t depend on the Government" is hypocritical. (Unless you live in a cabin in rural montana perhaps)

If you use roads, you are depending on the government. If you use US DOLLARS or any other government currency, then you are depending on the government. Have the police ever protected you? I bet they have thousands of times, you probably didn´t even realize it! What about border security? Are you depending on the government or are you one of those people out there watching the border? When you go through a green light when driving without looking both ways you are depending on the government´s ability to license and regulate drivers.

These are just a FEW examples. Every American depends on the government everyday for countless things.

But of course its easy to complain about the government expenditures that YOU don´t benefit from.

There are millions of people in the world that work harder than you, but don´t benefit economically like you do because they don´t have the government that you have.

Posts: 102 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrianGrass1234
Advanced Member
Member # 5845

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrianGrass1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only way the government can enforce any "Gay Agenda" is through forcing individuals and businesses to use their private property according to certain laws and regulations. As far as I'm concerned no one can force anyone else to do anything, as long as that person is not hurting anyone else. So get the government out of people's lives and you end any method of promoting any "Agenda" you don't agree with. The government should only be in the business of protecting life, liberty and property and nothing else. And that funding should not be aquired through taking another's life, liberty or property. Just because another offers to protect my life, liberty and property does not mean they own it.
Posts: 203 | From: Weed, CA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Itty-Bitty Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
Hello Itty-Bitty Girl,

Because of sin, millions upon millions of children and adults have no understanding of what Yahweh’s designs for …

Marriage
Parents
Children

“Should be”

quote:
Itty-Bitty Girl you say “Hmmm... I don't believe that man has the power to destroy the "image of what Yahweh has termed proper marriage". Man cannot do that, that is impossible for man to do. I believe that man just is not strong enough to do such a thing.”
It is already been done.
I haven't done it, I haven't destroyed the "image of what Yahweh has termed proper marriage". We need to preach the gospel to people and tell and teach them what Yahweh’s designs for …

Marriage
Parents
Children

But we do not need to pass man's laws to validate what God says.

We need to make it very clear that something is not a sin because of man's law, but God's law.

A law against Gay Marriage won't end homosexuality. To me, the law against gay marriage just is a waste of time.

quote:
It is not hating them, to tell them to repent, turn from their evil ways and unless they do they will burn in Hell.

Discriminate against them?????????

We can preach the gospel of repentance to the gays, with love.

The gospel is not discrimination. Discrimination is hate.

Discrimination of gays have nothing to do with the gospel, I believe calling tolerance for gay people(sinners) "the homosexual agenda", alienates them from us, and is discrimination, and turns the true gospel of salvation to the false gospel of doom.

Just an idea.

Posts: 1051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Itty-Bitty Girl,

Because of sin, millions upon millions of children and adults have no understanding of what Yahweh’s designs for …

Marriage
Parents
Children

“Should be”

quote:
Itty-Bitty Girl you say “Hmmm... I don't believe that man has the power to destroy the "image of what Yahweh has termed proper marriage". Man cannot do that, that is impossible for man to do. I believe that man just is not strong enough to do such a thing.”
It is already been done.

On the Homosexual issue.

quote:
Hate the lifestyle, hate their sin, but don't hate the people and discriminate against them,
It is not hating them, to tell them to repent, turn from their evil ways and unless they do they will burn in Hell.

Discriminate against them?????????

The world makes laws that discriminate, I am not of this world, I am a member of the Body of Christ, a citizen of Heaven representing my King waiting till my assignment is up so I can go Home.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Itty-Bitty Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The homosexual agenda (or the gay agenda) is a term used by social conservatives to describe the goal of increasing Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender acceptance through public policies, media exposure, and cultural change. Most often, the term is employed by social conservatives in reference to what they see as the attempt to redefine marriage and family, and shift focus away from what they consider traditional morality. The term is offensive to at least one of its organized participatory bodies, which views the goals of the movement to be equal rights. Sometimes those who would be offended by a serious reference to this term still use it satirically or sarcastically.

Gay people may be gay, and are sinners, but they are still people, they are still human beings and no Christian should ever forget that. Gay people should be able to have families, like human beings. Just because a person is gay doesn't mean that they will make bad parents.

Hate the lifestyle, hate their sin, but don't hate the people and discriminate against them, please. We can reach gay people with the gospel, but I believe calling tolerance for gay people(sinners) "the homosexual agenda", alienates them from us and turns the true gospel of salvation to the false gospel of doom.

We must be intolerant of their lifestyle, intolerant of the sin, but not the people. I believe that becoming more intolerant of the people changes the true "good news" (that Jesus died for the gays(sinners) and they can be forgiven if they repent) to the false "bad news" (that the gays(sinners) are going to hell and there is no hope for them to ever be saved).

Just an idea.

Posts: 1051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

quote:
quote:
How do you fund the "homosexual agenda"???
You put money in the hands of people who are in favor of destroying the image of what Yahweh has termed proper marriage... one man / one woman for life!

here is one example...

http://www.edwatch.org/updates06/060606-GLBT.htm

Hmmm... I don't believe that man has the power to destroy the "image of what Yahweh has termed proper marriage". Man cannot do that, that is impossible for man to do. I believe that man just is not strong enough to do such a thing.
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You put money in the hands of people who are in favor of destroying the image of what Yahweh has termed proper marriage... one man / one woman for life!

here is one example...

http://www.edwatch.org/updates06/060606-GLBT.htm

quote:
heh heh...better yet...What's a "homosexual agenda"?? to begin with...??
The homosexual agenda (or the gay agenda) is a term used by social conservatives to describe the goal of increasing Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender acceptance through public policies, media exposure, and cultural change. Most often, the term is employed by social conservatives in reference to what they see as the attempt to redefine marriage and family, and shift focus away from what they consider traditional morality. The term is offensive to at least one of its organized participatory bodies, which views the goals of the movement to be equal rights. Sometimes those who would be offended by a serious reference to this term still use it satirically or sarcastically.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Itty-Bitty Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HA. That was funny. [roll on floor]
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Icon 12 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heh heh...better yet...What's a "homosexual agenda"?? to begin with...?? [Big Grin]

I won't argue too much w/ the dumbing down thru public education part, but hey - "dumbed down" a bit is better than barely functioning illiterate, I'd say. [Wink]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Icon 20 posted      Profile for Itty-Bitty Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

The point here is not about…. is it” right or wrong to pay taxes” or even the “right or wrong of a government to take taxes”?

The point is if a government takes taxes for a specific purpose, then they should be used in that manner only.

For instance…. Social Security taxes were taken for one purpose and then stolen by Politian’s and used for other purposes.

If all the money taken from the people for Social Security had been used only for it was taken from the people for, there would be more than enough money to take care of the people that it was intended for.

But the government needs extra money to fund special projects like…

Abortion
Homosexual Agenda
And the dumbing down of the people through public education

--------------------

BrianGrass1234
Advanced Member
Member # 5845

You can take from me all you want. I will give it. But I don't want to take from others. Thats my point. I will always oppose the taking from others because I think its wrong. If you think it is OK to take from one to give to another, we have a differing of opinion.

But let me ask you this. Say you have a restaurant. Someone comes in and orders a burger. You make them that burger and they eat it. Then they get up to leave without paying. You might stop them and ask them to pay. But if they refuse would you imprison them for it? Would you support them possibly being killed because of potential leathal force being used if they resist being taken to prison?

A lot of people would support these actions. But I would not. So how much more would I be against taxes when the services are not actively aquired, as in the going to the restaurant and ording the burger, but passively and sometimes against a persons will? Very much so.

Again the point is I don't want to force anyone to do anything. When a government is by the people, like the US, and I vote for representives who push for keeping existing, or creating new government programs, or vote for propositions that call for more government programs, or keeping the existing government programs, than I am forcing people to pay.

ahar
Advanced Member
Member # 5810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, this one sounds familiar [Smile]

Taxes are not theft. Jesus clearly tells us to pay our taxes in Matthew - if taxes were theft, it would be against the Ten Commandments and a SIN. Would Jesus tell us to do something that is a sin? I think not.

If you don't want to pay taxes, live in a place where you don't have to - there are a few coutries where this is the case. Somalia (no Government and so no taxes), Monaco (no taxes except for that on gambling), Vatican City (no taxes from residents, but they are all Catholic priests), Liechtenstein (like Monaco, no taxes except on gambling) and the small pseudo country of "Sovereign Military Order Of Malta" which is inside Vatican city and is not really a country despite haveing a permanent observer status with the UN and issuing passports.

I wouldn't recomment Somalia - not a good place for someone from the US (or any western country for that matter) at the moment.

--------------------
Cheers

Andy

Posts: 290 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

quote:
Originally posted by BrianGrass1234:
So what she is asking for is the government to take from us all, whether we want them to or not, to provide for some, or all.

I am asking for a government that will provide for ALL of its American citizens.

If this goverment can provide money for wars, them why does it seem that they can't provide for the poor?

Just an idea.

BrianGrass1234
Advanced Member
Member # 5845

quote:
Originally posted by Itty-Bitty Girl:
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
I say forget about social security and medicare and what not and trust GOD not the government to provide for your needs

I think that I may have you misunderstood, but I think that you are saying that we are not to trust the government to help us by providing for our needs, but to instead trust God.

I thought that God used the government to help us by providing for our needs.

I thought that God provided for our needs though the government, so if the government is not helping us by providing for our needs, then it is hurting us by not providing for our needs.

I don't believe that God would use the government to hurt us by not providing for our needs.

So now I think we need to change its policies so that the government helps us, so that God can use the government to help us by using it to provide for our needs.

Just an idea.

This response scares me vary much. It is not her fault, she, just like many, doesn't understand what government is. The government, at least all that are in existance, is an entity that uses violence to enforce its laws and regulations upon those that are within it's borders. So what she is asking for is the government to take from us all, whether we want them to or not, to provide for some, or all. Just remember, giving isn't giving if it is forced. And when you recieve government welfare, which we all do, we are receiving stolen property or goods and services that are purchased with stolen property.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement