Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Political Discussion   » Good Samaritan Parable vs. Bush

Author Topic: Good Samaritan Parable vs. Bush
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
first of welcome.

First of I did not vote for him, the second time, but, if he had seen her then any person wanting a meeting with a President could camp out his door to he got what he wanted.
I was for the war in Afghanstan and against the war in Iraq but, I feel that this woman made a mistake doing what she did. Her son believe in the cause and she cheapen his death by her actions. Instead of being in Crawford Texas, she should have been with her husband. He is grieving too and now they are getting a divorce. When her mom had a stroke she left but came back quickly. I can't imagine doing that to my mom.
This woman has turned her grief into a cause. She is a bitter woman who has forsaken her husband and her mom.
As far as the President and his faith only God knows. I feel the President has made big mistakes with Israel in forcing her to give up the Gaza strip.
this is my take on the suitation. Again let me welcome you to the board and God bless you,
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paradox101
Member # 5112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paradox101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bush the Bad Samaritan??

President Bush has repeatedly stated that he is a devoted Christian who conducts his life guided by his faith and these ideals. Yet, his actions indicate that he sometimes either ignores or at least misinterprets even the most basic of Christian beliefs. For several months, bereaved mother Cindy Sheehan has been camped out across from the Bush ranch in TX with one question, “Why was her son killed in Sadr city, Iraq in April 2004?” Bush has refused to answer her.

To me, this is an obvious example of the Good Samaritan Parable or rather of someone ignoring it or misinterpreting it. All he had to do was literally cross the street and acknowledge this woman and her pain, yet he ignored her and walked on past. Isn't this a direct contradiction to the Good Samaritan Parable? How can someone say they are guided by Christian ideals and let this happen? As our nation's leader, shouldn't he lead by example? I know this is probably old news to everybody, but it still continues to disturb me. What do you think? By the way, hi to all, I'm new!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement