Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Political Discussion   » It's All Bush's Fault?

Author Topic: It's All Bush's Fault?
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to make light of it, but this was funny

-

Conspiracy governance.

America, your government officials are destroying your government and, globally, freedom. They have also destroyed your innocence, your morality, and your courage.

By Thomas Ferraro

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid called the Republican-led Congress "the most corrupt in history" on Sunday, and distanced himself from lobbyist Jack Abramoff, at the center of an escalating probe.

The Justice Department is investigating whether Jack Abramoff directed illegal payoffs to lawmakers, including Rep. Tom DeLay of Texas, who was forced to step down as House Republican leader in September after indicted in his home state of Texas on unrelated charges.

"Don't lump me in with Jack Abramoff. This is a Republican scandal," Reid told Fox News Sunday, saying he never received any money from Abramoff.

Reid, like many members of Congress, Democrats and Republicans, has received campaign contributions from Abramoff clients. Some lawmakers have returned those donations, but Reid gave no indication he would do so.

The Securities and Exchange Commission has been examining stock sales by Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, a Tennessee Republican, and last month Randy "Duke" Cunningham, a California Republican, resigned from the House after pleading guilty of taking more than $2.4 million in bribes involving defense contracts.

Democrats have accused Republicans of "a culture of corruption," and plan to make it an issue in next year's congressional elections.

"America can do better than what we've done," said Reid. "The most corrupt Congress in the history of the country. We have such significant problems with what's going on in this country."

Most of the federal investigative focus is now on Abramoff, whose lobbying activities, particularly on behalf of Indian tribal clients, are also being examined by Congress.

Appearing on Fox TV, Reid said, "Abramoff gave me no money. His firm gave me no money. He may have worked (at) a firm where people have given me money."

A Reid aide later explained that the senator received money from a political action committee affiliated with a firm where Abramoff had worked, but Abramoff did not contribute to it.

"I feel totally at ease that I haven't done anything that is even close to being wrong," Reid said.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel19
Community Member
Member # 5381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniel19   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bush has done many things that have adversely effected America, but you are supposed to blame Bush for everything, he is the front man, bird cage liner to be replaced.

The White house will no doubt grow a new set of teeth like a ravenous shark, and the false left/right paradigm will march on.

The power structure goes beyond Bush, beyond any president, and into a dark world of every form of corruption and evil imagineable.

--------------------
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Samuel Clemens

Posts: 16 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.Global warming-
I believe you can blame the Republican Party, simply because they are the ones who keep getting soft on companies who are polluting the environment

2. 911- don’t see the President at fault on this
3. Hurricane Katrina- nope, this either
4. Price of gas- yep the President and his family was put in office in Texas and in Washington by his oil cronies.
5. Their hangnail- very funny [Eek!]
6. Their poverty- sounds like a winner to me. [Wink]
7. Their illness- this too, [Razz] (not really)
8. Their poor budget management- just because a person is poor doesn’t mean they they had poor budget plan. Forced retirement cuts your income in half and most people don’t know in advance that they are going to lose their job or get hurt, or have a stroke.
9. The tsunami of Indonesia- very funny [Mad]
10. The fact that Islamic terrorists hate America- It did not help that we invaded Iraq when we should not have
11. Israel's Gaza pullout- the fact that the President withheld money from Israel to make her give her land away is indeed President Bush’s fault so yes he is the blame for this.
12. UN food for oil program- who knows [Confused]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen White Eagle. There are some high-profile politically conscious leaders getting on TV speaking strongly against the Govt. I am very concerned that they are going to get everyone riled up into a fever pitch to make matters worse.

Pres. Bush desperately needs our prayers. There are too many overwhelming factors going against this rescue operation, plus there are thousands and thousands of people to find accommodation for.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's getting to be too much. Some people blame Pres Bush for everything. I mean EVERYTHING.

1. Global warming
2. 911
3. hurricaine Katrina
4. price of gas
5. their hangnail
6. their poverty
7. their illness
8. their poor budget management
9. the tsaunami of Indonesia
10. the fact that Islamic terrorists hate America
11. Israel's Gaza pullout
12. UN food for oil program

Have I missed anything?

Do people think he's god?

It's funny that people who hate him attribute to him unlimited power and authority, and those of us us who support his efforts realize he's just another human being who got elected President and is not perfect.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement