Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Political Discussion   » Is The Boy Scouts of America Public or Private?

Author Topic: Is The Boy Scouts of America Public or Private?
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about in other states, or cities for that matter... but here our boy scouts are private. My son is a Webelo and will join scouts in January. My eldest nephew is about to get his Eagle scout rank and my other nephew is a Tenderfoot... just starting out.

I give lots of money to the boy scouts/cub scouts. Everything we do is either sponsored by the church that runs our troop, or by the parents and the boys themselves. We have lots of fund raisers and stuff. I don't think we get any money or funds from the government.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jayman
Community Member
Member # 4923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jayman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is The Boy Scouts of America Public or Private?
quote:
Each side is preparing for a no-prisoners-taken showdown.

That doesn't need to happen.

The first step in avoiding yet another senseless culture "war" is to clearly establish the Boy Scouts as a public or private organization.

The solution is simple. The Boy Scouts should cease to accept tax-funding and cut all official ties to government agencies. The Boy Scouts should live up to its self-declared status as a private organization. This would also be living up to the Boy Scouts' principles: it is the honest and honorable thing to do.

Posts: 14 | From: Madison, WI, USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement