Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Political Discussion   » Who said this?

Author Topic: Who said this?
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 17 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AND...
I never aspire to write as when I am angry for my thoughts are clear and consice and my spirit is free from vexations.

[dance]

--------------------
JAVA, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

Posts: 147 | From: Columbia South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 10 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be a sinner and sin strongly, but more strongly have faith and rejoice in Christ.

[dance]

--------------------
JAVA, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

Posts: 147 | From: Columbia South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your morals make you dreary, depend upon it, they are wrong. I do not say give them up, for they may be all you have, but conceal them like a vice lest they should spoil the lives of better and simpler people.
- Robert Louis Stevenson

http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=472

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Benjamin Franklin

Here's one I hope is harder than the others I've posted:

If your morals make you dreary, depend on it, they are wrong.

--------------------
St. Peh
I don't know everything but I know the One Who does.

Posts: 255 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

Icon 21 posted      Profile for bygrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll let her know the prize is in the mail... [Smile]

Now, here is another one...

"Those who give up Liberty for Security, shall enjoy neither Liberty or Security."

Posts: 162 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your daughter wins the prize, uh where is it,it was here a moment ago...crazy cat musta tak..come back here with that catnip mouse!

--------------------
St. Peh

Posts: 255 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bygrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter says...

Napoleon Boneparte?

bygrace

Posts: 162 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

Charles Dickens.

and here's one for you: "The Bible is no mere book, but a Living Creature, with a power that conquers all that oppose it."

--------------------
St. Peh

bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bygrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's another...

"The New testament is the very best book that ever was or ever will be known to the world."

peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

You are right, bygrace! Thought I'd stump you there.

--------------------
St. Peh

bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

John Owen?
peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

Now tell me who said this:

"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect."

--------------------
St. Peh

peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

Dwight Moody said it!

--------------------
St. Peh

bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

Who said this...

"Character is what you are in the dark."

bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

****hand raised high****

Charles Spurgeon.

He is one of my favorites.

bygrace

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Betty! That lie is one that I used to believe. The devil is very cunning and very subtle in his deceptions.

Here is one for you all:

"Free will carried many a soul to hell, but never a soul to heaven."

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I have met thousands and thousands of pro-choice men and women. I have never met anyone who is pro-abortion. Being pro-choice is not being pro-abortion. Being pro-choice is trusting the individual to make the right decision for herself and her family, and not entrusting that decision to anyone wearing the authority of government in any regard."
-- Hillary Clinton

This is another one of the devil's lies. To make pro-choice about freedom of choice, while pro-life is looked at as mean spirited and cruel. If one is against the gay life style you are prejudice. The devil takes sin and wraps it all in a pretty package puts a bow on top and the world eats it up. He takes the truth of God's Word and turns into hate and prejudice. so very sad.betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andyman
Member # 4781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about this one?

"...I have met thousands and thousands of pro-choice men and women. I have never met anyone who is pro-abortion. Being pro-choice is not being pro-abortion..."

HINT!
Its also the same person that said this..

"I am particularly horrified by the use of propaganda and the manipulation of the truth and the revision of history"

--------------------
IN 2000, WE AMERICANS spent 94 Billion Dollars lavishly on our home churches. However, the average North American Christian gives only 50 CENTS a week to global missions.

Gospel for Asia - Fire on the Altar

Posts: 60 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

Yes Betty! right again!
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Jiang Zhemin, President of communist China said in 1997

"Our enemy is not those with guns, but missionaries with Bibles."

--------------------

bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

How about this one...

"Our enemy is not those with guns, but missionaries with Bibles."

bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

Yes, Hitler....

evolution in the schools...

bygrace

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Yep, Hitler check out this site:

http://www.evolutionthelie.com/about.aspx

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I want to say Dewy, but I dont think he would say "the state"; so I will guess this too was Hitler. I think that Dewy had the same philosophy...but it was more like control the workforce.... I will guess Hitler.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

Got another one...

"Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state."

bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

Icon 10 posted      Profile for bygrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tozer!
I love that quote! I at one time, had it as a signature on my emails.

Oh, and correct 2 Tim and Linda - it was Spurgeon.

He is easy to spot sometimes...

[cool_shades]

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

oops. We were posting at the same time I think.

I love this game, by the way. I have one for you:

Who said this?

"The devil is a better theologian than any of us and is a devil still. "

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Well this would be a total guess, but it sounds to me like Spurgeon. He was not one to mince words and was tough on the church.
bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

Ok, who said this?

"Answering a student's question, 'Will the heathen who have not heard the Gospel be saved?' thus, 'It is more a question with me whether we, who have the Gospel and fail to give it to those who have not, can be saved."

bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

You got it Betty! it was Adolf.The words of men...they will fool ya.

bygrace

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

ADOLF HITLER!

I actually found this at a site that talks about how some "Christian Music" is anything but Christian. How some big names or using occult items in their videos. It is scary how people who are Christians can allow themselves to be pulled into the occult for finacial gains, simply because they want their videos and music to be "hip" God help them.
betty

--------------------

bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this..

a little while back there was a thread started regarding "who said this?
I thought it was interesting.

so here is one:

Who said the following?

"If we continue on this path, respectable, industrious and honest, if we fulfill our duty faithfully, it is my conviction, the Lord God will continually help us in the future. He will not leave respectable people in the lurch indefinitely. He may test them, but in the end He lets His sun shine upon them and gives them His blessing."

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement