Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » New Member Introductions   » I'm the (new) penny whistle guy :)

Author Topic: I'm the (new) penny whistle guy :)
Lar
Advanced Member
Member # 14133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Laina, and Hi Betty Louise,

Welcome to you Laina, (what a nice name, by the way - I've never heard of it before).

Betty Louise, many years ago I used to be an avid deer hunter, but then, something changed in me and I lost all "taste" for killing anything. My wife and I just love to watch the animals, birds, ect. now, and our relatively small piece of property has become a sanctuary for God's creatures. [Smile]

Lar

--------------------
"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13 (KJV)

Posts: 54 | From: (upper) New York state - USA | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Lar and Lana,

I love the idea of a deer coming so close. We have two cats and a dashund that we spoil. The dog is sleeping next to my feet at rne moment.

I have been married 46 years and have two adult children and two adult grandchildren and a great grandchild that I only see twice a year.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laina
Member # 14131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lar,

Welcome! I'm new as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Lar:
Hi everyone,

My name is Lar, and as it indicates in the subject line, I like to play penny whistle (which is a kind of simple flute-like musical instrument that is mainly used to play Celtic-type [mainly Irish] music). I am basically a novice on the penny whistle, and so far, I have managed to play the notes to the old Irish hymn "Be Thou my Vision" and the hymn "Amazing Grace."

I became a born-again Christian back in 1985... I'm over 60 years old, I'm married, and I live in upstate New York (USA). My Christian wife and I live in the country, and we have deer that come right into our yard (along with foxes and other animals). We also have a cat named "Bella" (which means beautiful in Italian). We don't have any grandchildren, so we tend to spoil Bella and to treat her almost as our own "child." [Smile]

I'm thankful to be here, and I appreciate the opportunity to communicate with and to fellowship with the Christians here on the CMB&F. Thank You, Lord Jesus! \o/

May God bless you,
Lar

--------------------
He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justice, to love kindness, And to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8

Posts: 5 | From: United States | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lar
Advanced Member
Member # 14133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi KnowHim,

Thanks for the nice welcome! I look forward to fellowshipping with you too [Smile]
I'm sorry, but I don't have a Facebook account - but thanks for your invitation to visit you there.

Lar

--------------------
"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13 (KJV)

Posts: 54 | From: (upper) New York state - USA | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have a facebook account please friend me. My facebook is:

https://www.facebook.com/aprodigal

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 7 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lar:
used to play Celtic-type [mainly Irish] music). I am basically a novice on the penny whistle, and so far, I have managed to play the notes to the old Irish hymn "Be Thou my Vision" and the hymn "Amazing Grace."

My Christian wife and I live in the country, and we have deer that come right into our yard (along with foxes and other animals).

I love to listen to Celtic music. My family and I live in the country also and have deer that come out in our yard. I love living in the country. We also have foxes, turkey and turkey buzzard's around a lot.

We are very glad to have you here with us to lift up the Lord Jesus Christ with us. May God bless you and your family. I look forward to fellow shipping with you.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lar
Advanced Member
Member # 14133

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Lar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,

My name is Lar, and as it indicates in the subject line, I like to play penny whistle (which is a kind of simple flute-like musical instrument that is mainly used to play Celtic-type [mainly Irish] music). I am basically a novice on the penny whistle, and so far, I have managed to play the notes to the old Irish hymn "Be Thou my Vision" and the hymn "Amazing Grace."

I became a born-again Christian back in 1985... I'm over 60 years old, I'm married, and I live in upstate New York (USA). My Christian wife and I live in the country, and we have deer that come right into our yard (along with foxes and other animals). We also have a cat named "Bella" (which means beautiful in Italian). We don't have any grandchildren, so we tend to spoil Bella and to treat her almost as our own "child." [Smile]

I'm thankful to be here, and I appreciate the opportunity to communicate with and to fellowship with the Christians here on the CMB&F. Thank You, Lord Jesus! \o/

May God bless you,
Lar

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement