Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » New Member Introductions   » Howdy, my brothers & sisters in Christ.

Author Topic: Howdy, my brothers & sisters in Christ.
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the board Justin. I am 58 and married for almost 40 years and have two grown children and two grandchildren. I have been a Christian since I was seven.
I play computer games and make wooden pens in our shop.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Job511
Advanced Member
Member # 8154

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Job511     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are some other bits of info about me.

-I'm a sports fan. I follow all the big 4 except hockey (mom hates it so I wasn't very exposed growing up). I have family in Illinois so my favorite teams are the Bears, Bulls, & White Sox. When it comes to motor sports, I only follow NASCAR's Sprint Cup. My fave racer is Jimmie Johnson.

-I'm also a numbers person. Last fall, I averaged the number of letters in the names of all states in the US. I came up w/ 8.24.

-I actually like to speak in online acronyms. For instance, I might say, "IMO, the only good form of precipitation is rain."

-I have a neurological condition called hydrocephalus. I could imagine somebody asking, "Uh... isn't that Greek for water head?" Yes, it is. To sum it up, it's a buildup of excess cerebro spinal fluid in the brain cavity. I have a shunt to regulate it.

-When it comes to computers, I'm a PC guy. I just think it's easier to adapt going from a Mac to a PC than the other way around. I have a Hewlett-Packard DV9410-US notebook.

-For siblings, I have 2 brothers, 1 biological and 1 adopted. My adopted bro just finished 6th grade. His biological aunt is also our family barber and has been since I was a little kid, if not longer.

--------------------
The lowly He sets on high, and those who mourn are lifted to safety.
--Job 5:11, NIV

Posts: 28 | From: metro slc | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 14 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[wave3] Welcome to the Christian BBS Job511

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Job511 [wave3]

Welcome to the Christian BBS!

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Job511
Advanced Member
Member # 8154

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Job511     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm Justin. Let me tell you my story.

I grew up as a believer, but was sadly under-exposed to Christ. Fortunately, when I went to university, I soon met a man with Navigators.

Unfortunately, not having an automobile makes attending church difficult because I consider myself non-denominational and there are some such churches downtown, but I live on the west end of town. I do, however, read a Bible chapter each Sunday - I just started the book of Malachi - and pray to be as God wants me as often as possible.

--------------------
The lowly He sets on high, and those who mourn are lifted to safety.
--Job 5:11, NIV

Posts: 28 | From: metro slc | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement