Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Christian Video Clips, Movies , Church Webs TV   » Time Changer

Author Topic: Time Changer
Cameron
Advanced Member
Member # 1090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cameron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds really interesting! except for one major flaw...since when would any Christian organisation be able to get the funding to build a time machine? lol. just kidding. I wonder if they're planning on releasing it in Australia...

--------------------
Why do we care what people think of us when we know what God thinks of us?

Posts: 332 | From: Queensland, Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Salti
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time Changer was released in theaters, not once.. but TWICE and actually got really good ratings. I wanted to see it, and I am not at all a fan of TV or movies.. but everyone said it was really good.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 14 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TIME CHANGER - Review:

STARRING: D.David Morin (Mercy Streets, Jesus 2000), Gavin MacLeod (The Love Boat), Hal Linden (Barney Miller), Richard Riehle (Joe Dirt, Office Space), Jennifer O'Neill (The Ride, Scanners), Paul Rodriguez (Ali, Rat Race)

DIRECTED BY: Rich Christiano

STORY: The year is 1890, Bible professor Russell Carlisle (D.David Morin) has written a manuscript, "The Changing Times". Dr.Anderson (Gavin MacLeod) believs what Carlisle has written could seriously affect the future of coming generations, but convincing Carlisle could be more difficult than expected. Using a secret time machine, Anderson sends Carlisle more than 100 years into the future, (our present) offering him a glimpse of where his writing will lead.

RUNNING TIME: 99 Minutes

RATING: PG for Thematic Elements

REVIEW: While not being a fan of period pieces, I approached "Time Changer" with caution and an open mind. I had recently seen the remake of H.G. Wells' "The Time Machine," and felt like I was in for a repeat performance with a biblical twist. What I discovered however was something completely different. By the end of the second scene, I was completely enthralled by the story, and ready to dismiss my predetermined ideas, and fully let "Time Changer" take me on this incredible journey.

I believe the most impressive strength about this film is the story itself and how the message blends itself in without becoming too obvious. Rich Christiano has written an amazing script, filled with enough elements to not only speak to the churched and the un-churched, but also to entertain us as well. Rich not only lent his talents to the writing, but also to the directing, creating a story well paced, and well balanced with ministry and humor.

Another strength of this film is the fine cast assembled to tell the story. Hal Linden and Gavin MacLeod are a welcomed and enjoyable presence throughout the film. It's wonderful to see them again portraying characters that are honest and compelling. Seasoned actors Jennifer O'Neill, Richard Riehle, and Paul Rodriguez are wonderful in each of their roles and help us to overlook the only weakness in the entire film, actor D. David Morin who plays the lead role of Russell Carlisle. David Morin's overreactions may be more suited for a stage production than a feature film, but when surrounded by such a talented cast, it can be easily overlooked.

Another strength of this film, are the special effects used during the scenes of time travel. It's not cheap-looking, nor is it overdone to impress or distract. Rich Christiano knew just what was needed to tell the story without becoming a big-budgeted special effects film. It was efficient and effective.

And finally, the greatest strength of the entire production is the convicting message of how our generation has drifted from the fear of God and settled into the lap of comfort and compromise. Rich Christiano has pieced together just about every dark area of our generation and society, and made us look at ourselves through the eyes of Christ. The central message of this film is aimed at the church of today and our need for revival and repentance. But this film also keeps the unchurched in mind, by including a simple plan of salvation that does not come across offensively or aggressive.

This is a must-see film for every Christian and their family. Entertaining and thought-provoking, "Time Changer" is Fun!

http://www.angelfire.com/movies/OneWayFilms/TimeChanger.html

[rapture]

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 21 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one of my favorite movies, I have watched it several time! It is great!

You can find more info about this movied at:

http://www.timechangermovie.com/

and see the trailer at:

http://www.timechangermovie.com/trailers/time.mov

You can also buy it here for $14.74 - grin

http://ark.spreadtheword.com/store/comersus_viewitem.asp?ISBN=5550251574&Cat0=781

but the cheapest placed I have found it so far is at:

http://store.superduperclub.net/hnh-d0909d.html

for $12.99

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

The Year is 1890 and Bible professor Russell Carlisle (D. David Morin) has written a new manuscript "The Changing Times." His book is about to receive a unanimous endorsement from the board members of the Grace Bible Seminary until his colleague Dr. Norris Anderson (Gavin MacLeod) raises an objection. Dr. Anderson believes that what Carlisle has written could greatly affect the future of coming generations. Using a secret time machine, Anderson sends Carlisle over 100 years into the future, offering him a glimpse of where his beliefs will lead.

Faced with resistance in all directions concerning the bible, he quickly concludes that surely we are living in the times Paul wrote to Timothy about...

Rated PG (for thematic elements). Closed-captioned. Approx. 90 minutes.

Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endoxos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Real nutshelled, what's it about? I've only heard of it.

--------------------
My signature is apisdn umop.

Posts: 362 | From: HELP! I'm stuck in a DOS window! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SciptureAndPrayers
Advanced Member
Member # 3633

Icon 14 posted      Profile for SciptureAndPrayers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
becauseHeLives and FavorMinded,

I agree. This was one of the few "Christian" movies that I have seen in the last couple of years that I would be comfortable recommending to just about anyone. I was blown away by how well done the film was, on top of the great Christian insight that it contained.

--------------------
In Christ's love. Amen.

Posts: 345 | From: Rochester NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

This was an AWESOME movie that I think anyone should take the opportunity to see it.

It was written and directed by Rich Christiano

GREAT show! Makes you realize that the Bible was INDEED the ULTIMATE authority on EVERYTHING, and was accepted and taught as such til only short time ago...

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has any one seen “Time Changer”?

I personally don’t think the producers (TBN) understand what they have made. For sure they don’t live what they preached in this message.

There are very few movies worthy of the precious time of the Child of Yahweh, time is so short, but this movie presents a very clear message of the True Gospel, for those that Yahweh has given ears to hear and hearts to respond.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement