Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Promote Something Christian   » GREAT new Christian site opened up!

Author Topic: GREAT new Christian site opened up!
Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endoxos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I flipped through it, but I have to point out a few theological errors (two of which are the same ones that cause backsliders!).

12.) "You don't have to change everything about the way that you live. You do have to try to become more like Jesus." - If we are to be more like Jesus, then are we to only pick a handful of things to change, and leave the rest devil-inspired? I admit, not everything all at once (that'd be a culture shock to anyone who tried), but all aspects of life must be put through "the refiner's fire", lest God do it *for* us.

13.)"...one of the developers of this site is a huge supporter of a band named TOOL..." I don't know how many of you know who Tool is, but some of the lyrics of one of their songs (Sober) is blantly offensive to Christianity, [while focusing on Catholicism], "Jesus, won't you ******* whistle something but the past and done?...Mother Mary won't you whisper something but what's past and done...Trust me. I want what I want.". The whole song itself is one big "I hate God" statement. Their symbol they used on this particular album was a ... two-socketed wrench (putting it lightly)... You cannot say you are for Jesus, while embracing things that are against Him, or else as He has said, He will "spit you out" of his mouth, and repeated He said "Woe unto you hypocrites".

17.) "God is written with a capital letter simple because it is a name." It does not mention what His name is, but treats "God" as being it, which is, oddly, what Israel originally did way-back-when, when they started calling God their "Baali", and as a result, fell into apostacy, and worshiped Him falsely.

--------------------
My signature is apisdn umop.

Posts: 362 | From: HELP! I'm stuck in a DOS window! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ben
Member # 2965

Icon 21 posted      Profile for ben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys,

Just thought some of you may be intersted in visiting, a Christian website I found. It seems to deal with issues that beginning Christians want to know about, yet feel silly to ask. It kind of takes the embarrassment out of asking. It's probably one of the best looking Christian sites out there too! The address is http://www.eternallyjesus.cjb.net

This is not spam, it's spreading the good word to those who may have trouble finding, and understanding it!

Happy Trails, and God bless all!

Ben [Smile]

Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement