Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » What is re-dedication

Author Topic: What is re-dedication
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You say What does Rededication mean?

I like what the others said already. Can't help much more.

I have noticed that rededication works differently from one person to another.

Compare it to a fight with a spouse, sorta. You come back together and make up. Ususlly at a church service closing, the pastor asks if anyone wants to rededicate their lives to Jesus. Often you will notice the same person goes to the front and then there are others who never go.

It could be that you failed to praise the Lord like usual for some reason and now you feel bad about it so you ask for forgiveness and tell Him you love him.

Rededication is not being saved again. If you were really saved the first time you might have just drifted for a short period. If you were not really saved the first time then it wouldn't be Rededication.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to rededicate is to repent in scenario, The prodigal son is a person who saw what he has done was wrong and worthless and repented, he than went back to his Father and from a far off the Father forgave him when He being the Father saw him coming back. Rededication is to Give me back my Old Time religion that was good enough for my grandparents.. We rear up and train our children, they way they should go , the children go forth into a world, then fall for a season, then somewhere in time sees that what mom and dad was a teaching was truly remarkable and hard to feel, hold, and secure so the child repents of his way and is restord into fellowship. See the gospels for the prodigal son parable.
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As Christians we can lose our focus. Some times, we lose are focused because we become selfish, other times, it is because we are overwhelmed by circumstances like taken care of a newborn or a sick loved one. But, there comes a time, when we feel God calling us back to the closer relationship we once had with Him. When we accept His request, we re-dedicate our life to Him. Hope this answers you question.
betty [hug]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetdreams
Community Member
Member # 7106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetdreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does this mean you get re-saved or that you are still saved but just wish to serve God instead of your self ?
Posts: 9 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement