Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Christian Music and Sound Theology?

Author Topic: Christian Music and Sound Theology?
Billy
Advanced Member
Member # 7193

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Billy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was growing up, I had a precious few bands and artists that I viewed to be quality "christian" bands with talent. Now, there are a ton of great "christian" bands out there making amazing music. The reason I keep putting the word 'christian' in quotation marks and using a lowercase 'c' is because I recently discovered that some of these bands are not what they claim.

One band in particular that I was starting to like, I recently found out is into Gnosticism and even quotes from the gnostic gospels in their songs. This is a big problem for me, because the gnostic gospels starkly contradict the gospels of the New Testament. Theology is a biggie for me. I don't believe that you can have a true understanding of God, if you don't have a firm grasp of essential Christian doctrine and theology.

For me, this sparked some interest in the topic of Christian music and the theology behind it. In doing research, I've found that most bands don't post a statement of faith, much less anything to do with their theology, on their websites. This makes it very difficult for the lay listener to be able to discern whether or not the band that they are listening to strictly adheres to a sound theology.

Does anyone here know of a good website that exposes the different beliefs of the "christian" bands and artists that are selling music to today's youth?

In Christ,
Billy

--------------------
Test yourselves to be sure that you are in the faith.

- The Apostle Paul

Posts: 217 | From: overseas | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement