Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » The Newbie

Author Topic: The Newbie
CWO4GUNNER
Advanced Member
Member # 6971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CWO4GUNNER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A new Christian who is a babe in Christ and has the faith of a child requires the mentoring with love and the milk of the gospel from those who are mature and can take the meat of the gospel yet have themselves a child like faith. Whoever takes on this task has a great responsibility because babes who need milk are very precious and important in Gods sight. Not just with respect to the physical term used for a child or adolescent, but also in terms of the hart, new child like faith, and first love of Christ. With this great responsibility also comes a grave warning of judgment from Christ, so let us all be mindful that we are led by love and the Holy Spirit before we open our mouths.

Matthew 19:13-14 Then little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked those who brought them. Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
warning
Matthew 18:1-6 About that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, Who is greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven? Jesus called a little child to him and put the child among them. Then he said, “I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven. And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me.But if you cause one of these little ones who trusts in me to fall into sin, it would be better for you to have a large millstone tied around your neck and be drowned in the depths of the sea."

Posts: 54 | From: Bullhead City, AZ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said Aaron.

I believe it can be backed with script.

1Cor.12

[12] For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would try and help her to come to know the Lord Jesus Christ personally.

It does not matter if she is accepted in to the community. It is about knowing Jesus.

Many are accepted in to the community and never come to know Jesus. Now that is a tragedy worse then hurting someone feeling just to make them feel good.

But, yes we should all do the best we can to help each other in our walk with the Lord Jesus Christ no matter what the persons status is.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isaiah
Advanced Member
Member # 6699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isaiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any group of humans is likely to contain a wide variety of personalities -with varying levels of interest, sincerity, understanding, etc... -a "church" is no different. "THE" church...the body of Christ... are those who truly have been called by God -who have repented of sin (knowing what that means) and been baptized -and in whom the spirit of God now resides (knowing what it is -and why it is -not all who belive this applies to them are correct).
Of all who claim to follow the one true God and Christ, this group makes up a small percent, but they would certainly be likely to be understanding and not cruel -though they are human and not yet perfect. If people do not show fruits meet with repentance -perhaps they are not Christ's at all -and you might do well to not be near them -there are many insincere -many wolves in sheep's clothing, etc... and many who just want your money, etc.....
Seek God directly -fellowship can be good, and should not be neglected -but it is secondary to seeking God. We do not get to God through men -but Christ -though those who are sincere and truly called are used by Christ -Read -pray -know what fruit to look for and be near those who truly draw near to God.

Posts: 288 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carol Swenson:
If a new lady were to join our church

If you discern that she has the Spirit of God in her then she is already the church (that is not a typo). Thus, she is part of the same body you are.

If my hand and foot weren't cooperating I would not cut one off for the sake of the other. I'm in charge of my body (as the Lord is of His) so I would work to make the opposing parts get along.

If this woman is of the Body of Christ then expect the Lord to teach you to live together in harmony. For this goal He usually dispenses humility at the cost of a great deal of pride of the part(s).

Get my meaning? [Smile]

Having lived through this "training" I assure you that the Lord knows how to preserve and strengthen His Body.

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a hypothetical question, (or maybe it’s about me).

If a new lady were to join our church who:

· could not write well,

· was not good at organizing her thoughts,

· who often got things mixed up or misquoted things,

· but who very much wanted to be a part of our community and reached out to us as best she could,

· and she showed a pure, childlike faith in the Lord,

would we attack her, ridicule and abuse her, because she wasn’t smart enough, or wasn’t good enough?

Or would we be understanding and tolerant? Would we be kind, encouraging, and try to build her up as a member of our family?

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement