Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » The meaning of Christmas

Author Topic: The meaning of Christmas
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We can know the day of Yeshua's birth if we study and show ourselves approved, a workman that need not be ashamed,(oh but there’s that nasty word work rejected by those of a lukewarm Church) but only if we recognize the enemies of our God and reject all….all the lies that he Satan and those in his alliance, of which the Roman Catholic Church is among the very chief enemy of Yahweh and His Kingdom.

quote:
Superstition has fixed most positively the day of our Saviour's birth, although there is no possibility of discovering when it occurred.
I would have said it diferently....Superstition has fixed most negatively the day of our Saviour's birth.

Although what Spurgeon was saying was the Roman Catholic Wh0re has permanently polluted the minds of the majority of the people of the earth that most will never take the time to find the Truth.

Proverbs 25

2It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.
3The heaven for height, and the earth for depth, and the heart of kings is unsearchable.

The Born Again believers are kings and preist before the Lord.

Revelation 1:6
And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 5:10
And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

2 Timothy
11The saying is sure and worthy of confidence: If we have died with Him, we shall also live with Him.

12If we endure, we shall also reign with Him. If we deny and disown and reject Him, He will also deny and disown and reject us.

13If we are faithless [do not believe and are untrue to Him], He remains true (faithful to His Word and His righteous character), for He cannot deny Himself.

14Remind [the people] of these facts and [solemnly] charge them in the presence of the Lord to avoid petty controversy over words, which does no good but upsets and undermines the faith of the hearers.

15Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth.

16But avoid all empty (vain, useless, idle) talk, for it will lead people into more and more ungodliness.

17And their teaching [will devour; it] will eat its way like cancer or spread like gangrene. So it is with Hymenaeus and Philetus,

18Who have missed the mark and swerved from the truth by arguing that the resurrection has already taken place. They are undermining the faith of some.

19But the firm foundation of (laid by) God stands, sure and unshaken, bearing this seal (inscription): The Lord knows those who are His, and, Let everyone who names [himself by] the name of the Lord give up all iniquity and stand aloof from it.

So call Christians know more about the games of this world (football, baseball, basketball, soccer, golf, pool, poker, dice and every other kind of game imaginable) than they know about the Very Word of Yahweh. And have been told that their half hearted lukewarm approach of Yeshua the Messiah will guarantee them entrance to Yahweh's presence.

Exact Date Of Yeshua's Birth,
part 1

by Roy A. Reinhold February 1, 2001

A few days before January 1, 2001, I decided to see if the Bible code could identify the exact day of Yeshua's birth (Jesus), since a ton of books and articles have been written forwarding different views and theories. The traditional day celebrated in the church is December 25, 1 BC, although that day wasn't designated until about 360 AD. All the ante-nicene church fathers did not specify in their writings, the exact day that Yeshua (Jesus) was born.

The following multi-part article complements the 2-part article on this website called, The Pagan Aspects of Christmas. In that article, there is evidence from the calculated possible birth date of John the baptist (Yochanan the Immerser), that he was born around Passover in the spring of the year. Since John the baptist was 6 months older than Yeshua (Jesus), that would place the birth of Yeshua in the fall of the year around Yom Kippur (the Day of Atonement), plus or minus 3 weeks. Using the Bible code, the test was to see if Yeshua was born in the fall of the year around the time of the fall feasts of Israel, or whether He was born on December 25.

This multi-part article will present multiple Bible code matrices and other scholarship to show that with a fair degree of certainty, we can specify the exact day the angel Gabriel visited Miriam (Mary) and announced that she would bear a child conceived by the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit), the exact day Mary conceived the child, the exact day of the birth of Yeshua, and the exact day Mary and Joseph took the child to the Temple on the 8th day to dedicate the firstborn with the necessary sacrifice and perform the Brit Milah (circumcision). The matrices shown are all different views of the same overall matrix. In other words, the overall matrix has everything in it related to the conception and birth of Yeshua.

In beginning the process, I was predisposed to believe that the Bible code would show Yeshua's birth on a feast day. The fall feast days of Israel are as follows.

Rosh Hashanah (Yom Teruah, or Feast of Trumpets), occurs on 1 Tishri in the jewish calendar.

Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement), occurs on 10 Tishri in the jewish calendar.

Succot (Feast of Tabernacles), starts on 15 Tishri and runs for 7 days, where the 15th and 21st are annual Sabbath days.

Why was I predisposed to believe it would fall on a feast day of Israel? In the gospel of Luke, it states the following:

Luke 2:1-7

Now it came about in those days that a decree went out from Caesar Augustus, that a census be taken of all the inhabited earth. This was the first census taken while Quirinius was governor of Syria. And all were proceeding to register for the census, everyone to his own city. And Joseph also went up from Galilee, from the city of Nazareth, to Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem (actually, Beit Lechem), because he was of the house and family of David; in order to register along with Mary, who was engaged to him, and who was with child. And it came about that while they were there, the days were completed for her to give birth. And she gave birth to her first-born son; and she wrapped Him in cloths, and laid Him in a manger (feeding trough), because there was no room for them in the inn.

What I wanted you to see are 3 clues necessary to sort out this process of looking for exact date of Yeshua's birth. One, they left Nazareth and went to Bethlehem to register for the census, because both Mary and Joseph were descended from king David along different family lines. The birth took place in Bethlehem. Secondly, the days were completed for her to give birth, which tells us that the child was born at the correct gestation time. The Encyclopedia Brittanica shows that the average human gestation period for a female child is 266-267 days, and 270-271 days for a male child. That will come into play in pre-calculating the expected day of conception when Mary became pregnant. Thirdly, it states that there was no room at the inn (motel for you modern folks).
I would have guessed that the day of birth of Yeshua was on one of the feast days, because there was no room at the inn. Bethlehem is only 3-5 miles south of Jerusalem, and during the fall feast days, jewish people from all over the world would arrive ahead of time and overflow into the surrounding towns. According to the scriptures, all Israel was only required to appear before the Lord at the Temple 3 times a year (Passover, Shavuot or Pentecost, and the Feast of Tabernacles). However, because they didn't have airplanes, trains, and cars then, jewish people from other countries would arrive early and be there for Rosh Hashanah through Succot (a 3 week period). Therefore, it would have been difficult to find a room at the inn anytime during the fall feast days.

Specifically, John 1:14 led me to believe that the birth of Yeshua was probably on the 15th of Tishri, the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles; where it says, "And the Word became flesh and tabernacled among us." I believed that I would most likely find 15 Tishri going into this process, but that IS NOT the day of birth of Yeshua.

The matrix I used has a center term at an equidistant letter spacing (ELS) of 19 letters. The center term is khag hamolad (holiday of the Nativity, chet gimel--hey mem vav lamed dalet), a term often falsely stated as christmas, but literally it means holiday of the Nativity. The matrix is only 19 letters wide, but is probably a couple of hundred rows high. This is obviously a 3D matrix spread out in 2D format. In other words, it would actually be a cube where the center panel has the center term and panels above the center panel would go in front of the center panel, and those below would go behind the center panel. The reason is that Hebrew is read from right to left and top to bottom. We are currently designing a 3D codes program on paper, but it is currently beyond what is available for use right now. If shown in a 3D cube, the related terms would all be right next to each other. I want to point that out, because hopefully, we can build the 3D codes program soon, and this holiday of the Nativity matrix is an easy to see example of it. However, for now we have to view the matrix flattened out into a 2D format.

I should mention that if we were only looking for one date (the actual birth date of Yeshua), it would be very difficult to try and prove one date in a matrix, even with day-month-year. However, since we know from the scriptures that we have 3 dates that all have to be shown and are related in a tight way, it is more conclusive. We know there is a date for the day Yeshua was born. From that date, we must see a date of conception exactly 270-271 days prior to the birth date. Finally, the scriptures say that the Brit Milah (dedication and circumcision) took place on the 8th day following the birth. Since we have at least 3 specific dates that are inter-related, if all show up, then we have much more certainty that we have found the exact dates for all of them.

Part 2 will show the birth date of Yeshua matrix and discussion. Part 3 will show the day the angel announced to Mary that she would conceive the child, and the day she conceived the child. Part 4 will show the Brit Milah (dedication of the first-born and circumcision at the Temple). Finally, part 5 will show other sholarship by Dr. Ernest Martin on his calculations of the birth date of Yeshua based on the signs in the sky. All agree and paint a composite picture where we can state with a fair degree of certainty that we now know that Yeshua (Jesus) was born in the fall of the year, in September, in 3 BC. And we can state the exact day for each event.

Part 2, the Birth of Yeshua

http://ad2004.com/Biblecodes/articles/yeshuabirth2.html

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
afisherofman
Advanced Member
Member # 6899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for afisherofman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi becauseHElives,

Just want to personally thank you for your contribution. After reading your post, made me realize I haven't began to scratch the surface about completely understanding our God we serve and His word. A lot of what you posted I was not aware of.

One of which you said,

quote:
... Charles Spurgeon, the most popular Baptist minister, preached against it as late as 1871.
Doing research I located the Pastor Spurgeon's sermon you made reference to. I was so blessed by what he said. He preached a message, "Joy Born at Bethlehem", on December 24th, 1871 at the Metropolitan Tabernacle, Newington

After citing Luke 2:10-12, Pastor starts out by saying,
quote:
We have no superstitious regard for times and seasons. Certainly we do not believe in the present ecclesiastical arrangement called Christmas: first, because we do not believe in the mass at all.....we find no Scriptural warrant whatever for observing any day as the birthday of the Saviour; and, consequently, its observance is a superstition, because not of divine authority.Superstition has fixed most positively the day of our Saviour's birth, although there is no possibility of discovering when it occurred.
The rest of tbe sermon can be found at...
Joy Born at Bethlehem

I, also located the following on the birth of Jesus.

A Christmas Question

And finally, Pastor breaks down each verse in Psalm 23.

Psalm 23

Thank you again and God bless,

Fish

Posts: 43 | From: PA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I hope and pray that God reveals the truth to you.
Yeshua has revealed His Truth about ....

Christ-Mass equal Pagan Tradition

You can duck tape horns on a donkey but he will still be a donkey!

The Roman Catholic Church destroyers of the True Faith...making all the people of the world drink of all her
wh!oredoms!

Christmas the sacred cow of the Pagan Church

-

... the LORD condemns using pagan religious practices in His worship (Deut 12:29-31).

... the LORD condemns adding to or taking away from His commandments (Deut 12:32).

... the LORD condemns doing anything under green trees in His worship (Deut 12:1-4).

... the LORD condemns the heathen use of decorated trees at a solstice (Jeremiah 10:1-4).

... the LORD commands us to separate from and not touch pagan religion (II Cor 6:14-18).

... the LORD commands us to come out of Roman Catholicism and her sins (Rev 18:4).

... the LORD condemns turning to the left or right from His commandments (Deu 5:32-33).

... the LORD told the apostles to teach us to observe only His commandments (Matt 28:20).

... the LORD rejected David's worship for a small detail and killed Uzzah (II Sam 6:1-10).

... the LORD rejected and killed Nadab and Abihu for offering different fire (Lev 10:1-7).

... the LORD rejected Moses from seeing Canaan for a slight modification (Num 20:12).

... the LORD rejected Cain's worship simply for bringing an alternative sacrifice (Gen 4:7).

... the LORD rejected Saul forever for noble intentions in a modification (I Sam 15:22-23).

... the LORD rejected Uzziah and gave him facial leprosy for a new idea (II Chr 26:16-21).

... the LORD rejected and killed Ananias and his wife for fudging a large gift (Acts 5:1-11).

... the LORD requires reverence and godly fear in worship to avoid His fire (Heb 12:28-29).

... the LORD seeks true worshippers to worship Him in truth, not superstition (John 4:23-24).

... the LORD commands us to earnestly contend for the faith once delivered (Jude 1:3).

... the LORD requires us to esteem all His precepts but to hate all other ideas (Ps 119:128).

... the LORD commands us to prove all things by Scripture and reject the bad (I Thes 5:21).

... the LORD expects us to be noble and search Scripture to know true worship (Acts 17:11).

... the LORD gave Scripture to perfect us, which does not mention Xmas (II Tim 3:16-17).

... the LORD curses any gospel different than Paul's, and he didn't preach xmas (Gal 1:8-9).

... the LORD condemns fellowship with men having only a form of godliness (II Tim 3:5).

... the LORD condemns loving pleasure more than God as perilous times (II Timothy 3:4).

... the LORD condemns anything different from His Word as dark ignorance (Isaiah 8:20).

... the LORD abominates anything popular with the world and esteemed by it (Luke 16:15).

... the LORD condemns friendship with the world as becoming His enemy (James 4:4).

... the LORD condemns traditions in His worship as evil and vain hypocrisy (Mark 7:5-13).

... the LORD hates the polluting of His glorious name with pagan idolatry (Ezekiel 20:39).

... the LORD condemns the superstitious idolatry and blasphemy of the Mass (I Cor 11:26).

... the LORD condemns bringing any item of false religion into our houses (Deut 7:25-26).

... the LORD commands us not to set up any image, which He hates (Deut 16:22; Ex 20:4-6).

... the LORD hates religion that goes under green trees (I Kings 14:23; Isaiah 57:5; Jer 3:6).

... the LORD condemns adopting any practices of the pagans around us (Leviticus 18:1-4).

... the LORD condemns sun worship (Deut 4:19; 17:3; II Kgs 23:5; Job 31:26-28; Eze 8:16).

... the LORD endorses only apostolic traditions, and they never celebrated it (II Thes 2:15).

... the LORD is honored by gifts to Him rather than a selfish exchange of gifts (Matt 2:11).

... the LORD teaches us to remember His death rather than His birth (Phil 3:10; I Cor 15:3).

... the LORD gave baptism and His supper to remember His death (Rom 6:3-5; I Co 11:26).

... the LORD resents the hatred of pagans who exchange gifts against His men (Rev 11:10).

... the LORD condemns "the spirit of Christmas" as another spirit He hates (II Cor 11:1-4).

... the LORD condemns a mother and child wearing halos as another jesus (II Cor 11:1-4).

... the LORD condemns a tradition glorifying sun worship as another gospel (II Co 11:1-4).

... the LORD loves us to give up dear things as proof of our love to Him (Matt 10:37-39).

... the LORD did not come to bring peace on earth but rather a dividing sword (Mat 10:34).

... the LORD blessed giving over receiving, but Xmas is selfish exchanging (Acts 20:35).

... the LORD calls Jewish holy days matters of liberty, but not pagan holidays (Col 2:16).

... the LORD calls Jewish holy days matters of liberty, but not pagan holidays (Rom 14:6).

... the LORD considers the birth of His Son worthy of honor rather than folly (Heb 1:6).

... The two chief New Testament ordinances - baptism and the Lord's supper - pertain to His death, not His birth.
... celebrating Christmas sincerely is identical to Jeroboam's two calves (I Kings 12:26-33).

... Aaron led Israel to worship the LORD with a golden calf to their judgment (Ex 32:1-5).

... it breaks the first commandment by having other gods - the sun god Mithra (Ex 20:3).

... it breaks the second commandment by having images - a Christmas tree (Ex 20:4-6).

... it breaks the third commandment by taking His name in vain - "Christmas" (Ex 20:7).

... it breaks the fifth commandment by promoting children's greed over parents (Ex 20:12).

... it breaks the tenth commandment by promoting covetousness to children (Ex 20:17).

... many Baptist martyrs gave their lives to oppose Catholic superstitions and traditions.
... it was a crime to observe Christmas in America, when our country truly feared God.
... it was a crime to observe Christmas in England, when that country truly feared God.
... all the God-hating, Christ-denying, and sin-loving pagans get excited about this day.
... Santa Claus is a pagan mockery of God the Father with white hair, grandfatherly image, eternal, lives in the North, unlimited resources, omniscient of children's behavior, omnipresent for a night, hears confessions, comes as a thief, blesses children, and distributes judgment for works.
... the name Christmas came from "Mass of Christ," and Christians hate the Catholic mass.
... every sincere birthday party honors the one born that day rather than all the mere guests.
... a gift exchange dictated by a calendar is not a message of love but a ritual of obligation.
... a gift exchange at the winter solstice was invented by pagans to celebrate the sun god.
... Christianity is giving gifts unexpected without obligation to reciprocate (Luke 14:12-14).

... secular encyclopedias will gladly tell you that Christmas came from pagan sun worship.
... the first state in our Bible-oriented country to make it a holiday was Alabama in 1836.
... a little drummer boy did not travel to the manger to play his drum for the infant Jesus.
... for the two centuries following the Pilgrims, Christians in America called it "popish."
... English parliament under Oliver Cromwell outlawed it in 1644 and punished violaters.
... loving Jesus Christ is keeping His commandments, not decorating a tree (John 14:15).

... you cannot do unto the LORD what the LORD has condemned (Deut 12:1-4; 12:29-32).

... Christmas is not a matter of liberty left up to our consciences and/or heart preferences.
... true followers of God will not follow a multitude or majority to false worship (Ex 23:2).

... Xmas is most adored by women, whom God calls silly and weak (II Tim 3:6; I Pet 3:7).

... a time of unbridled greed, covetousness, and materialism cannot honor Jesus Christ.
... this unique holy day in the Roman Catholic calendar is exalted by three profane masses.
... the world loves a jesus helpless in a manger, but God's Christ is the LORD and Judge.
... on Christmas Eve the Pope of Rome conducts a special mass seen by much of the earth.
... godly parents don't lie to their children about a Roman Catholic myth named Nicholas.
... the Bible is totally silent about using this day or any such celebration to honor Christ.
... the gospel according to Christmas tradition, cards, and plays corrupts the Bible facts.
... the Pilgrims in 1620, seeking to worship God in truth, formally banned the holiday.
... the Puritans in 1659, seeking to worship God in truth, set a 5 shillings fine for keeping it.
... the modern Christmas tree was not introduced to this country by Germans until 1821.
... Jesus was not born in December, for one-half year back from Passover is rather October.
... Jesus was not born in December, for shepherds did not stay in the fields during winter.
... Jesus was not born in December, for taxation would not have been in the dead of winter.
... Jesus was not born in December, for wise taxation would have been shortly after harvest.
... Jesus was not born in December, for careful calculation of the priest's courses exclude it.
... the Roman feast at the winter solstice was to the sun god Mithras from the Persians.
... the Roman, extended feast prior to the winter solstice was to Saturn, god of agriculture.
... so many consider Christmas a "sacred cow" and beyond questioning or condemning.
... our past lives suffice us for lusts, excess of wine, revellings, and banquetings (I Pet 4:3).

... Emperor Aurelian picked December 25 for this holiday in 274 to worship the sun god.
... pagan sun worshippers had a great festival to the sun at the winter solstice before Jesus.
... it would be wrong to have a golden calf with candles to worship the Lord our Strength.
... the public schools in Boston were still open for classes on December 25 as late as 1870.
... the "birthday of the invincible sun" (dies natalis Solis invicti) was this date in Rome.
... December 25 was chosen by being the date of the winter solstice in the Julian calendar.
... Satan uses this pagan feast to steal glory from the Son of God for ignorant sun worship.
... Christmas American-style is oppression of parents by greedy children (Isaiah 3:1-5, 12).

... Jesus promised that the majority are on the wrong road leading to death (Matt 7:13-14).

... Charles Spurgeon, the most popular Baptist minister, preached against it as late as 1871.
... all the unique customs of Christmas may be traced individually to pagan religious rites.
... Hindus, Jews, Mormons, Pagans, and other cults celebrate it while despising Jesus.
... using Scripture's silence to justify anything not expressly forbidden will lead to Coke and chips for the Lord's supper and ouija boards for difficult decisions.
... it creates the most foolish, hectic, stressful, guilt-ridden, and unproductive time of year.
... the LORD is a jealous God and will judge any playing with other gods (Ex 34:12-16).

... New Testament charity may accommodate weakness, but it cannot error (Romans 14:1).

... the moderation taught in the New Testament is temperance or self-discipline (Phil 4:5).

... it would be identical to offering incense to the brasen serpent of Moses (II Kings 18:4).

... the only day observed by the apostles was the Lord's day (Rev 1:10; Acts 20:7; I Cor 16:2).

... we choose to emulate Jacob, who put away family idols to worship God (Gen 35:1-5).

... we choose to emulate Jehu, who defiled Baal worship to please God (II Kings 10:26-28).

... we choose to emulate Josiah, who defiled all pagan worship to please God (II Kings 23).

... we choose to emulate Asa, who defiled his mother's favorite idol (II Chron 15:12-16).

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
afisherofman
Advanced Member
Member # 6899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for afisherofman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is Christmas all about?

I heard something I like to share with you which parallels the Christmas message. It is my hope that you read completely through.

Picture this.
A murdered has always lived a criminal lifestyle and never been caught. The law finally caught him/her and booked them for Murder 1. After the trial, the jury found the prisoner guilty and the judge sentenced him/her to death row. There is no parole. The day comes when the prisoner will be taken to the room where the lethal drug will be administered. The prisoner is layed down on the table and an IV is inserted and he/she realizes they only have a short time to live. Just as the lethal drug is about to be ministered, a stranger enters the room and says....

"Stop, I come here with an offer to give your prisoner a new start in life. I realize he/she committed a horrible crime and a ransom has to be paid for the crime comitted. I love and I care for the prisoner's well being in my own special way. I love him/her so much that in my hands I hold my new born son and I want to offer him as ransom for...... not only his/her crime but for all the prisoners you have locked up. With my offer, my son will also bear all the crimes that your prisoners ever comitted. Should a prisoner accept my offer, their name will not be scared with any crime in their past so that they can leave prison and be a completely free man/woman."

The officers were amazed at the gesture and then they said to the prisoner,

"This man is offering to pay the ransom for your crime by having his baby son take your place. Thereby, your record will show no crimes committed and you will leave this place a free man/woman. How does that sound??"

To which, The prisoner was in somewhat of disbelief. The prisoner was questioning to themself,
"who is this man that he would sacrifice his baby to pay the ransom of the crime I comitted"?

As he/she was trying to figure it out and make sense of it all, the officers said...

"It is time. We need to administer the lethal drug. What have you decided to do with the generous offer presented to you by this man? Accept and you are free to go. However, if you reject, we will administer the lethal drug to you. Your choice....Accept his offer or Decline his offer."

The prisoner, realizing his fate, accepted the offer, and as he/she was leaving, thanked the stranger for his wonderful offer.

Friends, I know that will never happen on death row. I personally do not have that kind of love where I would sacrifice my son to take the place of a criminal on death row or do I know anyone who would. Having said that, this is the closest illustration I have heard to desribe how I believe God feels about each and every one of us. The bible says all of us have sinned and needs to be punished for our sins. We all have done at least one thing which the ten commandmants says not to do. I believe God realizing He must punish us, even though He loved us, sent us a provision so that we could be free of our sin. That provision is His begotten Son Jesus.

That my friends is what Christmas is all about, the little baby Jesus born of a virgin, and the reason He came

I believe, the day of judgement will come (the day we meet our physical death) and the truth will be revealed.

There, God might say to an unbeliever something like,

"you heard the message about me and you did not accept the gift I offered to you.

At that point the unbeliever comes to realize that the message the people were saying about Jesus and God was true and admits not believing the message when they heard it.

At this point every sin the unbeliever ever commited (any action against any of the ten commandment) is revealed.

Then God may say,

For the wages of sin is death......... Romans 6:23

The unbeliever says,
"I am sorry God, I believe now...please forgive me".

God may say,
"you believe because you see....you are not believing by faith as my Word says,

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph 2:8-9

Because I love you and did not want to punish you, I sent you the following message about my gift,
....the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

also, I let you know who the gift was, my begotten son ,

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John3:16

Since you made a choice not to accept my generous gift of forgiveness by faith,
you leave me with no other choice than to honor my word which you also heard,

For the wages of sin is death....... I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers"
Romans 6:23, Matthew 7:23

Friend, tomorrow is not promised. The prisoner scenario I first mentioned is a fictional story.
However, I believe from the bottom of my heart God, Jesus and heaven is real and do exist.
You may not know God, but He knows you and is waiting for you to freely accept Him and His gift with an open heart

You may be seeking another way. However, the bible says,
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Now I like to ask you, what do you want to do with the gift God is offering to you?

Accept God's gift of life----------spend eternity in heaven.

or

Reject God's gift of life---------spend eternity in hell.

If you do not believe this message or want to think about the choices, then you have made a choice not to accept God's gift now.

Only question I have for you then is..
Do you want to take a chance on your eternal future? You never know when you will meet your physical death. Tomorrow is not promised.

I promise you one thing...

There will be a point in your life you may say something to the effect of,

Which side of eternity will those words be said?

Before the day of judgement

"I am sorry God, I believe now...please forgive me" and
Accept God's gift of life----------spend eternity in heaven.

or

After day of judgement

"....... 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'" Matthew 7:23

I hope and pray that God reveals the truth to you.

fish

Posts: 43 | From: PA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement