Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Jesus= religion....???...I think not...

Author Topic: Jesus= religion....???...I think not...
sevenlamps
Advanced Member
Member # 6715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sevenlamps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was raised catholic, but when I left home and questioned who I was, I got hungry for the Lord and started seeking him. A few years later after comparing catholicism with biblical truth I realized there was something wrong with catholicism and completely discarded that faith system. Volumes could be written on the doctrinal errors of the catholic church. Because of it's size the vatican put out a catechism stating their doctrinal positions in 1993. So now the papacy can be pinned down on their official beliefs. However there are millions of charismatic catholics who believe in the gifts of the Spirit. I once worked for a catholic employer who hired an atheist production manager because he was a computer expert. This manager did not want me to read my bible on company time although many people took time to socialize on company time, even making donut runs, or soliciting people for gift money. When I temporarily complied with their request the other people continued taking liberties with company time. The guy working right next to me would come in and talk to people for a solid hour before beginning work. They would warn him every week that he talks too much, but they never disciplined him. Since I could not read my bible I would pray in tongues at my work center. One day he came to me and told me that was of the devil. He was catholic. Catholics can be very loyal to their church even though their doctrine does not line up with scripture. At weddings many priests have no problem drinking alcohol at the reception. When I was in elementary school we watched the priest blow smoke rings from his cigar in the lunch cafeteria. The bible warns about forbidding to marry and forbidding to eat meat and then calls these doctrines of devils. Yet this is doctrine in the catholic church. The early church did not practice this. Only about 800 years ago when catholic clergy were inheriting their children with wealth obtained from the church did they start celibacy for clergy. The catholic church is not considered a cult because they do believe that Jesus came in the flesh and died on the cross and is the son of God. They are what we call an apostate church because they have let their traditions draw them away from the truth of the holy scriptures. Inside the church structure their is a shadow church that pulls them into perverted practices much the same way some leaders of our political parties pull the members to extreme positions. The bible says Mary would be called blessed by all generations but adoration of Mary is a sin. It is idolatry according to the ten commandments. What catholics don't realize is that Mary was never a catholic. The catholic church was not organized until many years after her death. Mary was also with the apostles on the day of pentecost when the Holy Spirit baptized them. So Mary was a tongue talking pentecostal. All the apostles knew Mary and no doubt counseled with her about the life of Jesus after he ascended into heaven. Another remarkable revelation is that the bible never records Jesus as calling her mother. He always referred to her as woman. Why would Jesus,filled with the Holy Spirit of God the Father, never call Mary mother? He was making it clear to us that He was the WORD of God, a revelation in the earth of God the Father. Mary was not His heavenly mother, but a clay vessel chosen of God to manifest His Word in the earth. The catholic church even goes so far as to claim that Mary suffered emotionally at the foot of the cross and therefore is a co-mediator or co-redeemer with Jesus. This is man's reasoning and not in the bible. The bible says to not have fellowship with unfruitfull works of darkness. if you would like more info on this you can go to proclaimingthegospel.com

--------------------
Don't grieve the Holy Spirit

Posts: 63 | From: usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone I know believes that Jesus is a religion...
I do not consider Jesus as being a religion...somehow considering Jesus as so doesn't sound right to me...

she said, and I quote:

quote:
There are three great religions on earth: muslem, jewish and catholic...after that, there are cults derived of one or many of them...
Jesus, according to the bible that you read, established the sacrament. Definition of the sacrament in the Dictionary Le Petit Larousse:"Sacred sign, ritual instituted by Jesus Christ, to produce or increase the grace in the hearts." Seven sacraments: Baptism, confirmation, eucharistie, extreme-unction, marriage, order, penitence. Then if you connect the definitions that I just wrote, Jesus instituted the sacraments which are ritual acts related to the conception of a distinct sacred domain from the profane, and destined to put the human heart in connection with God.

For me there is a creator. I believe that he sent his son to save us, but I do not live each minute according to my religious beliefs. And here is the distinction that I wanted to make with the word cult. A member of a cult lives each day and each minute according to his doctrines. All he thinks, does and says is according to his doctrines. Like you who has difficulty in speaking without turning the whole thing on your beliefs. Is this a crime?...of course not... Is this annoying with time?.....YES. I have an aunt who is a nun and with her I can speak about other subjects than religion. We do talk about it, but all is not centered on that.

She is Catholic and she believes in praying to Mary, that Mary answers her prayers...but I believe and know that Mary was just a woman and a sinner just like the rest of us...Mary was right with God for sure and that is the reason why He chose her, she was a virgin but she was also still a sinner...

She also believes that God will welcome each and everyone with open arms, without judgement or reprimand because God loves His children independently of what they have done in His name or of their lives..

I can't help but think that this is a wrong belief...

What that person doesn't know is that accepting Jesus as my Lord and Saviour has completely changed my life around. She didn't know me before that. Jesus has become the most important Person in my life. I believe every word that He said in the Bible...I cannot comprehend that speaking about Jesus would be annoying, I love speaking about Him, what is wrong with that?!!...
I do not know everything about the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, and I am not sure if I ever will while living on this earth, but I will never stop to try and find out!...

Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement