Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Please help me

Author Topic: Please help me
sevenlamps
Advanced Member
Member # 6715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sevenlamps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is quite a predicament you are in M-riddle but not too uncommon these days. Especially with all the poor role models young women are being presented with in our society today. Because of your ages you are probably making some relational mistakes. Only Jesus can put all that in order. As the head of the house you must take the initiative, humble yourself, seek the will of God for your family. You will have to surrender this to Jesus and ask Him to reveal His complete will for your family. If your relationship with Jesus is not right, neither will your relationship with your wife. Jesus is the 'head' of the man, and the man is the head of the woman. As a partnership a marriage will need a referee, and that has to be Jesus. You must invite your family to spend quality time in prayer and study of the word, because that is where the answers will be found. You can do that alone or with friends. If you do not belong to a bible teaching church you should consider seeking one. Pray about that and God will be faithful to guide you. Be forgiving of your wife and pray for her. She needs to change some of her behavior and show more resposibility. She also needs some godly role models to help her grow into the woman that God intends for her to be. A mature christian woman is described in Proverbs 31, but remember, this may take quite some time to grow into this example so be patient with her. Try to understand her needs even though they might not line up with what the bible says is right. In the new testament there is no difference between sex,race,and age when you are in the Spirit. But that is hard to stay in sometimes when you are not disciplined in it. It takes effort. Ask for the baptism of the Holy Spirit and He will give you the power to walk with Jesus in the Spirit. God does want structure around us. Family structure. Church structure. Community structure. mental structure. Spiritual structure. It is a lifelong pursuit and difficult for young people sometimes. But if the head of the house seeks God He will be faithful to help him lead his family. If the man is not seeking God, the woman will get confused and behave inappropriately. The divorce rate is the same for believers as well as unbelievers except when they pray together. Then divorce is almost unheard of. So that should be your goal. For all of you to have a prayerful relationship with God and with each other. Study your bible on that subject(prayer) and practice that in your household. I hope I said enough here to give you some ideas. The rest is up to you and Jesus. God bless you!!! MY PRAYER: Father in heaven, I pray that you release wisdom and love into this family. Let not this family suffer for lack of knowledge. Give them your guidance,protection,promise,vision,love, and hope to live their lives for you and for each other. Show them things their eyes have not seen and their ears have not heard as they seek your direction. Rebuke the devourer according to Malachi chapter 3 and Psalm 91. I thank you for hearing and answering my prayer, in Jesus name. Amen

--------------------
Don't grieve the Holy Spirit

Posts: 63 | From: usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Prayer]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Illbe praying...........Dale is good in this area.

That is becausehelives....

love
barry

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I normally don’t post things like this, but I am in need of help; specifically Christian help.

My wife and I have been married for eight months, and I believe we are having difficulties.

The Back Story

My wife when we meet was 16 years old. We were friends for a while, and talked often.

She met someone, and got pregnant by him when she was 17. Well he decided he didn’t want to have anything to do with her or the child and left.

Since we were friends, I spent a large majority of time with her, and we fell in love (while she was pregnant).

She had the child at 18, and I have raised the child like my own since then. She is now 19 years old, and I am 24.

I have provided her with a house, food, clothes, entertainment, etc. while she is a stay at home mom.

The Present Time

My wife is now 19 years old, and we are married, and live together in a home that I recently purchased for her and our son (my step son).

The Problems

When I get home from work, about 3 to 4 times a week she wants to go out over to a friends house.

This normally wouldn’t bother me, except she sometimes stays out till 12:30 at night, and doesn’t answer her phone a lot.

I have expressed my dislike of this behaviour, but I don’t want to tell her what to do. I am not going to say “no you can’t go” or anything like that; because I am not a controlling person.

Before this next statement let me please say that I am not sexist at all.

She, as I stated earlier, is a stay at home mom. But she doesn’t really clean, except occasionally picking up one or two things, and that’s it.

When I get home from work and the house is a mess, it drives me crazy. I feel if she is going to stay at home she should atleast help clean.

But instead when I come home I have to start cleaning. AND I MEAN ALL OF IT. Clothes, dishes, living room, beds made, etc.

Again I have expressed concern with this, but when ever I try to talk to her about it, she shuts me down, and won’t talk about it without getting mad.

I hate the word divorce, and believe in making things work, but it seems like I am the only one giving, and trying. I just don’t know what to do.
Please Help Me with Advice

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement